Profile  Register  Calendar  Memberlist  FAQ  Search Home  
Tribes RPG Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.0.3 Tribes RPG Forums > TRPG Role Playing > General RP Discussion > The Black Ring
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post New Thread    Post A Reply
machwing
OgreHalberdier

I never said I wanted everything to go by my rules. The whole point of my reply is that there should be no rules telling what a story has to have in it. People should be able to make their own past, presesnt, and future of their stories. I'm not saying there shouldn't be any rules either. The rules that say no cursing and whatnot are fine.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

machwing is offline Old Post 07-24-2001 01:58 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for machwing Click here to Send machwing a Private Message Click Here to Email machwing Find more posts by machwing Add machwing to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
croaton
GoblinThief

I'm complaining that he keeps interrupting the story and breaking up the rhythm with stuff like,

quote:
(whisper) Carasser, the thing is, it is one of the least thought out stories on the boards right now... He hasn't asked around for rules and probably hasn't read the storyline, otherwise he'd know that the 1000 year war woulda killed everyone ten times over, in their current state.. (/whisper)

When you buy a book and start reading it, on page four does it say, I DONT LIKE THIS BOOK. Then on page 10 it says, THIS BOOK SUCKS, WHY ARE YOU READING THIS. Then later, on page 23 does the book read, THIS MAKES NO SENSE, NOBODY LIKE THAT LIVES ON THAT SIDE OF THE MOUNTAIN! SERIUOSLY THEY SHOULD LIVE OVER TO THE EAST, BECAUSE I SAY THEY SHUOLD.

Does it Underloard? No.

Then why should my story read like that?

Last edited by croaton on 07-24-2001 at 05:44 PM

croaton is offline Old Post 07-24-2001 02:00 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for croaton Click here to Send croaton a Private Message Find more posts by croaton Add croaton to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
machwing
OgreHalberdier

let's face it. The black ring is dead now that all these posts have enteruptted it. Why? cause strider decided that if a story is bad, he needs to say it. Here's another scenerio like the book writing thing. On Christmas Day, your best friend gives you a book. You start reading the book, and on the nineth page, it says:
This is your friend Bill:
I read this book, and it is gay. I think that the main hero should have went down the left passage, like in the story I wrote. Also, why did he battle the antlion? In MY story, the antlions lived on the sun, not on the earth.

Think about that for a minute

machwing is offline Old Post 07-24-2001 02:17 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for machwing Click here to Send machwing a Private Message Click Here to Email machwing Find more posts by machwing Add machwing to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Underloard
UndeadSkeleton

I am just saving you guys a lot of trouble, When strider comes he will be pissed, and most likely bolth of you will be banned. I say no more as I am fed up with this Ignorance.

Go Non-Communists!

[img]http://www.flags.com/dreamimages/Flags/wavingus.gif[[/img]
[img]http://www.flags.com/dreamimages/Flags/canadasm.GIF[/img]
[img]http://www.flags.com/dreamimages/Flags/englandsm.GIF[/img]

God bless America!

Underloard is offline Old Post 07-24-2001 02:21 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Underloard Click here to Send Underloard a Private Message Click Here to Email Underloard Find more posts by Underloard Add Underloard to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
croaton
GoblinThief

Okay, here's a quick recap of our demands:

1. STORIES ARE NOT TO BE INTERRUPTED JUST TO BE TOLD THAT THEY ARE NOT GOOD. Do not post in the middle of a story that's running smoothly just to say something like, "That would never happen." We are aware this would never happen. None of this would ever happen if it wasn't for JI. Let's all remember that this is based on a mod.

2. STORIES ARE NOT FORCED TO FOLLOW STRIDER'S PRESET HISTORY. Stories can be about anything they want that is affiliated or was once affiliated with the Tribes RPG mod. They do not have to follow the Storymaster's personal preference.

That is all for now. If you are a Storyteller who is eager for change and wants to see the system be shaken around, then please post any more demands here. If there is anything that I'm missing here machwing, please don't be afraid to add more demands.

croaton is offline Old Post 07-24-2001 03:55 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for croaton Click here to Send croaton a Private Message Find more posts by croaton Add croaton to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rumble
ZombieMauler

This is in the wrong forums guys... I'm moving it to General RP Discussion so you can sort things out.

Rumble is offline Old Post 07-24-2001 06:14 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Rumble Click here to Send Rumble a Private Message Click Here to Email Rumble Find more posts by Rumble Add Rumble to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Strider
TRPG Story Master

Well, I guess you WANT to be banned. The entire reason for making a story plausible is following the 'preset history'.

Fine I'll make up a story....

'5 million Uber Gohorts came down out of Yolanda. They decimated Keldrin Town and all of the armies couldn't stop them. Everyone died, except for one man. He went up to them and tapped them with his pinky, causing them to topple over.'

Does this fit in anywhere? Does it sound correct? No. Even in TRPG, Ubers do NOT walk around unless an admin spawns one, and that is surreal and basically admins don't exist in real TRPG (maybe an Illuv summons one, although the strain would probably kill him).

Got it croaton?

EDIT: I'm trying to be objective and diplomatic here, but if you press the point and continue to 'want to shake the system up', go right ahead. And get banned. Roleplaying is an art which few can master, and telling stories needs a BACKGROUND, which I have taken the time to write, for NO money or benefit.

Strider
TRPG Story Master

Strider is offline Old Post 07-24-2001 05:23 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Strider Click here to Send Strider a Private Message Click Here to Email Strider Visit Strider's homepage! Find more posts by Strider Add Strider to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
croaton
GoblinThief

How can you say that?

You decided what the preset history should be, not anybody else. I tell my stories based on what I know, and what I know is based on the mod that I play. Fix your links or post the rules, then we can talk.

Why should I take the time to learn something that doesn't relate to the mod at all, except in one guy's head? When you created the backstory to the mod, what where you basing it on? THE MOD. So what is the backstory, really? A STORY. So you created a STORY, using THE MOD.

How is that different form what I'm doing?

EDIT: I am well aware of how hard you worked to create the preset history for this MOD but whay does that mean I have to follow it? Just because you worked hard doesn't mean I have to do what you tell me to do. You did it on your own time, or your own free will because you decided to. My response? Good for you. It means nothing to me.

Last edited by croaton on 07-24-2001 at 05:47 PM

croaton is offline Old Post 07-24-2001 05:36 PM
Strider
TRPG Story Master

How am I gonna drive this into your head?

This is NOT TRPG! This is Ironsphere roleplaying! AS IN, IRONSPHERE! I am the StoryMaster and *I* write the history with input from you guys! I make the bulk of it up and then we refine! That is how it is created.

Fine, you want another announcement with the timeline and basic storyline + rules? I'll write one, and add in the stuff that we are still creating.

Strider
TRPG Story Master

Strider is offline Old Post 07-24-2001 05:45 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Strider Click here to Send Strider a Private Message Click Here to Email Strider Visit Strider's homepage! Find more posts by Strider Add Strider to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
croaton
GoblinThief

Thank you. Finally.

croaton is offline Old Post 07-24-2001 05:53 PM
JeremyIrons
Tribes RPG Creator

Whoa listen here... croaton doesn't have to follow ANYONE'S storyline or history etc. Leave him his thread, he's fully entitled to it. As long as it has to do with Tribes RPG, then there is no problem.

quote:
People should be able to make their own past, presesnt, and future of their stories.

I completely agree. Besides, we all know which version is Official, right? So why does it matter if others make up their own storyline/history etc??

Hey, I wrote this Tribes RPG TC, and lots of people love to play it. But some people have varying opinions on it and would like certain things changed that I wouldn't change in the official version. So they make MOD's of my TC. Ever hear of Yoshi's server, and many others? Should I prevent them from making their MOD's of my MOD, as you are attempting to prevent croaton from making his storyline variant of Tribes RPG?

JeremyIrons is offline Old Post 07-24-2001 06:15 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for JeremyIrons Click here to Send JeremyIrons a Private Message Visit JeremyIrons's homepage! Find more posts by JeremyIrons Add JeremyIrons to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
croaton
GoblinThief

Here's a happy median, what if whenever someone wishes to create a story that deviates from Strider's backstory they put a code like UO (unofficial) or something like that infront of the title of the story, that way people can flock to it or steer clear of it, depending on their preferences?

croaton is offline Old Post 07-24-2001 06:28 PM
Strider
TRPG Story Master

=\ Hm, well I see that JI does read the forums now and then. Fine. I agree with one thing. If they place a UO or something at the start of the post, they can write whatever they want. Just don't expect me to do anything with it. I pay attention to every thread posted in this forums, but if I were to let it get out of hand it may get cluttered and pointless. I'll ask Alaric for a Unofficial TRPG stories forum or whatever.

JI, I really don't want stories about Chee2's mod on here. He has guns in his! =]

When I asked for a forum, I had in mind OFFICIAL roleplaying, where the set rules are that you have fun but STICK to the storyline.

Strider
TRPG Story Master

Strider is offline Old Post 07-24-2001 06:34 PM
Strider
TRPG Story Master

As for the past present or future thing... That will get out of hand, dontcha think? This is Ironsphere roleplaying, and my duty as StoryMaster is to control the past, present and future of Ironsphere.

EDIT: JI, I'd hate to tell you, but roleplaying isn't about playing it like the game is played... Here's a sample story so you see what I mean... (spelling mistakes are on purpose)

'Joe Blow called over to {8m}So and So: 'Hey, arent u gettin tird of hittin that reaper over an ver wanna teleport to keldrin and pk some n00bs?'

So and So yelled back, 'oh sup my new comp is wicked fine lets go'

They pressed their teleport keys and appeared in Keldrin. 'time to die n00bies' said So and So. They ran down and Joe Blow added everyone to his target list. He lined up a shot and beamed a poor newbie who was coming back from the Mines. An admin appeared and bashed Joe for 7869 damage and he flew off the map.

See? I think it's better if they follow what I've done up to now, because right now, TRPG is form without substance. It has no history backing it up. My efforts should at least be rewarded in that respect.

Strider
TRPG Story Master

Strider is offline Old Post 07-24-2001 06:35 PM
croaton
GoblinThief

I agree with Strider that UO before the title heading will be very useful in seperating the official storyline and those that only brush the surface, using the mod as a base.

So what is the next step from here?

croaton is offline Old Post 07-24-2001 06:39 PM
Strider
TRPG Story Master

I'm finishing up the announcement. It has a lot of extra stuff, and some good descriptions which JI can use to plan ahead when he makes the Ironsphere map... =]

Strider
TRPG Story Master

Strider is offline Old Post 07-24-2001 06:54 PM
TheMatt2000
UndeadSkeleton

firstoff:

I actually think the story was pretty good

second:

I agree with both cases (Croa and Strudle)
It's good to not be constrained by stuff, because one of the main elements of writing is creativity.

But on the other hand this wouldn't be good:

Joe Blow called over to {8m}So and So: 'Hey, arent u gettin tird of hittin that reaper over an ver wanna teleport to keldrin and pk some n00bs?'

So and So yelled back, 'oh sup my new comp is wicked fine lets go'

They pressed their teleport keys and appeared in Keldrin. 'time to die n00bies' said So and So. They ran down and Joe Blow added everyone to his target list. He lined up a shot and beamed a poor newbie who was coming back from the Mines. An admin appeared and bashed Joe for 7869 damage and he flew off the map.

[On the other hand it would take a really screwed up person to post something like that roflmao]

Bottem line:

You guys are both right, and it would be neat to see the black ring reposted without the stuffola in it

Matty

Level:1337... What else? 8)
Admin:Owner. Quest-Guy. 'Nuff said.
Server:Divine Mythical Realms
Misc:Creator and Co-Owner of DMR.
Divine Mythical Realms Forum and Docs

TheMatt2000 is offline Old Post 07-24-2001 08:52 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for TheMatt2000 Click here to Send TheMatt2000 a Private Message Click Here to Email TheMatt2000 Visit TheMatt2000's homepage! Find more posts by TheMatt2000 Add TheMatt2000 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote