Profile  Register  Calendar  Memberlist  FAQ  Search Home  
Tribes RPG Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.0.3 Tribes RPG Forums > Server Forums > Divine Mythical Realms > Ideas for Server
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post New Thread    Post A Reply
TheMatt2000
UndeadSkeleton

Post Ideas for Server

This thread is devoted to continually improving the server, and we want feedback from YOU.

Currently, you can suggest the following, or vote on based on what is listed below.

* New zones

* New monsters

* New weapons/items/armors

* New quest bots

* New quests (run by admins)

* New merchants

============================
Stuff the DMR team has come up with
============================

* New merchant/quest bot: Forge of Flames;
* Sells gems, new items, expensive stuff
* Possibly could smith enchanted stones

* Item modification
* Elixers: $15k
* Enchanted stones: $8k

* New merchant/quest bot: Brewery
* Sells elixers (Elixers price jacked up to about $15k)

* New merchant/quest bot: Merlin's Tower
* Sells... well... no clue really. Mebbe enchanted stones

* New monster: DemonHellfire (In Hell Keep of course)
* Lvl: Anywhere from 400-600 ...?
* Weapons: Trident
* Prizes: Some herbs, lotsa coins, occasional estone

* New monster: TravellerBum (In Vender's Alley AKA Remort Town)
* Lvl: Anywhere from 1-4...?
* Weapons: Rusty Knife, 1/10 Knife, 1/20 Dagger
* Prizes: A few coins, low chance of an herb or two, mebbe some lowbie gems.

* New monster: TravellerThief (In Vender's Alley AKA Remort Town... Placed in harder to reach back alleys.)
* Lvl: Anywhere from 5-10...?
* Weapons: Knife, 1/10 Dagger, 1/20 Dirk
* Prizes: A fair amount of coins, medium chance of an herb or two, mebbe some gems.

* NEW ZONE: With bots higher than the Dragon...
* Zone Name : Assassin's Guild
* General Bot Levels: 400-900
* Enter Restrictions: Remort 2, Level 120, 2000 coins.

* New Bot: TravellerNinja (TG)
* Level 400-500 [The entrance guy]
* Weapon: Rapier
* Prizes: around 5k coins, chance of some good herbs.

* New Bot: TravellerRonin (TG)
* Level 500-700 [One of the nasty llamas]
* Weapon: Rapier, 1/50 Nagatina
* Prizes: around 10-15k coins, some good herbs.

* New Bot: TravellerDarkMage (TG)
* Level 400-500 [Gotta have that caster]
* Weapon: Castingblade
* Prizes: around 15-20k coins, some good herbs.

* New Bot: TravellerAssassin(TG)
* Level 700-800 [EEP! Head boss!]
* Weapon: Speed Slasher, 1/50 chance KeldriniteLS
* Prizes: around 20-25k coins, some good herbs, good gems.

[MORE TO COME-- CHECK BACK FOR UPDATES]

Gimmie feedback. Need feedback.

*** Also note: Post here if you want to see an existing dungeon or town changed. The Three might consider granting your request on a Public Council.

(Translation: If ya want something changed, and it's reasonable, I'll slap a poll up.)

Matty

Level:1337... What else? 8)
Admin:Owner. Quest-Guy. 'Nuff said.
Server:Divine Mythical Realms
Misc:Creator and Co-Owner of DMR.
Divine Mythical Realms Forum and Docs

Last edited by TheMatt2000 on 10-29-2001 at 02:16 AM

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

TheMatt2000 is offline Old Post 10-29-2001 01:38 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for TheMatt2000 Click here to Send TheMatt2000 a Private Message Click Here to Email TheMatt2000 Visit TheMatt2000's homepage! Find more posts by TheMatt2000 Add TheMatt2000 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GoldenFlight
Mother Lode

those ideas aren't in yet. We're kicking 'em around.

As well as maybe a low level (1-4) roaming bum in Vendor's Alley (remort town). Although that could get irritating after a while.

GoldenFlight is offline Old Post 10-29-2001 01:46 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for GoldenFlight Click here to Send GoldenFlight a Private Message Click Here to Email GoldenFlight Find more posts by GoldenFlight Add GoldenFlight to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
runtwing
TravellerPaladin

idea: player city

The city is a blank area. Players can buy from admins things such as walls (things like logo1, 2, and 3), etc.). admins will obviously decide prices. you may wanna post a price sheet for walls, extry floors, etc. I also suggest that when a player starts his character, he auto-matically gets a one room house made of iblocks as a roof and floor, and some w64gate doors for walls. Here's an example of a price sheet you might want to use.

one room (iblock for floor w64gatedoor walls)- default, more cost xxxx
chair (stool, woodchair, whatever) xxxx
table (roundtable, desk, etc) xxxx
misc. (cargos, tents, whatever) xxxx
ability to build on second floor-xxxx
additional floors-xxxx
butler (goldy codes in a banker in house) xxxx

you get the picture

runtwing is offline Old Post 10-29-2001 02:18 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for runtwing Click here to Send runtwing a Private Message Click Here to Email runtwing Find more posts by runtwing Add runtwing to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TheMatt2000
UndeadSkeleton

If this were Ironsphere I would have that in faster than you could say "Apartment Complex"

Please note this isn't an ironsphere server

[HOWEVER--- There are some houses scattered around the map... and some people can "declare" little houses for themselves. Hehe.]

Also, if we get the whole house/guild thing goin on, I'll make meeting places for the siginificant houses. (ex: house excelsior, lead by king arthur, has Camelot)

Matty

TheMatt2000 is offline Old Post 10-29-2001 02:33 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for TheMatt2000 Click here to Send TheMatt2000 a Private Message Click Here to Email TheMatt2000 Visit TheMatt2000's homepage! Find more posts by TheMatt2000 Add TheMatt2000 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GoldenFlight
Mother Lode

Runtwing! great ideas! You're ahead of us and JI. I think that was part of the plan for IS (TRPG2).

GoldenFlight is offline Old Post 10-29-2001 02:38 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for GoldenFlight Click here to Send GoldenFlight a Private Message Click Here to Email GoldenFlight Find more posts by GoldenFlight Add GoldenFlight to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
runtwing
TravellerPaladin

hehe...I have tons of ideas, I am too lazy to type them up though:( although if I were to make them...

runtwing is offline Old Post 10-29-2001 03:45 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for runtwing Click here to Send runtwing a Private Message Click Here to Email runtwing Find more posts by runtwing Add runtwing to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SolarRPG
MinotaurReaper

Add arthur1.vol to rpgmap5.mis so you can spawn I think ethrenwalls.dis and a few other cool ones. Theres a few other unused vols that you could add too that are cool =D Also you might want to edit the objectives screen in rpgfunk.cs I think in scripts.vol to show your server rules.

Solar

SolarRPG is offline Old Post 10-29-2001 03:48 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for SolarRPG Click here to Send SolarRPG a Private Message Find more posts by SolarRPG Add SolarRPG to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TheMatt2000
UndeadSkeleton

I think I'll do that solar

**Wonders what ethrenwalls are**

And yes rpgfunk.cs will prolly all fixed up soon

Matty

TheMatt2000 is offline Old Post 10-29-2001 05:10 AM
runtwing
TravellerPaladin

oh, I just remember a quest I did a long time ago in a MR server that everyone loved. I'll have to show ya guys

runtwing is offline Old Post 10-29-2001 05:33 AM
Goku101
TravellerPaladin

Matt, i have an idea for your minotaur lair, that i can maybe show you tomorrow after school.

Have you ever read the Myths about the Minotaur and his Labyrinth? Well, in the stories it says that the minotaur lived underground in a pitch dark, maze of tunnels..

I was thinking maybe making you own maze of tunnels from mine's tunnels. The tunnels could be on a bit of a downward slant and it would be pitch dark, forcing you to use orbs to find your way around. The minotaur room could have a bit of lighting in it so that you can see while fighting the minotaur.

Goku

Level:33
Remort:9
Class:Paladin/CrusaderIX
Race:Goblin
House Fenyar Website

Goku101 is offline Old Post 10-29-2001 07:10 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Goku101 Click here to Send Goku101 a Private Message Click Here to Email Goku101 Find more posts by Goku101 Add Goku101 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Goku101
TravellerPaladin

Oh and Matt... You said there's only one Animal Farm Quest?? Well lets see what we can do about that petting zoo of mine with the "hungry" (not hell) hippos

Goku

Level:33
Remort:9
Class:Paladin/CrusaderIX
Race:Goblin
House Fenyar Website

Goku101 is offline Old Post 10-29-2001 07:11 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Goku101 Click here to Send Goku101 a Private Message Click Here to Email Goku101 Find more posts by Goku101 Add Goku101 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GoldenFlight
Mother Lode

hmmmm.... heh

I was thinking we could use the OLD mino lair for quests. Heh.

/me has evil idea for obstacle pack quest that makes bad things happen when you don't hop over pack

GoldenFlight is offline Old Post 10-29-2001 07:21 PM
Zelgadis
MinotaurReaper

merchants should never sell keldrinite, i suggest use it as admin currency, win a few in a quest and then they trade them in for stuff.

also, the skill required to brew something is a factor of its price, thats why some potions that should cost more still only cost under 9k. you should look at the formula for skill req in alchemycast.cs if you want to change elixer prices.

if elixers will be in stores, remember to set them high enough to account for a 50% price drop via highbie haggle.

mrtrpg.cjb.net - homepage for the Mythical Realms mod of TRPG

Zelgadis is offline Old Post 10-29-2001 10:05 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Zelgadis Click here to Send Zelgadis a Private Message Click Here to Email Zelgadis Visit Zelgadis's homepage! Find more posts by Zelgadis Add Zelgadis to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TheMatt2000
UndeadSkeleton

In reply to Zel's post...

Firstoff, knite would never be sold. Even if it were, I would jack the price up to about a million.

Second, elixer prices would also be jacked up, quite a bit. 15k-20k if sold.

Third, do you think that it would be ok for estones to be smithed at a remote location...?

Or just slap em on more bad guy llama bots?

Matty

TheMatt2000 is offline Old Post 10-30-2001 06:33 AM
Zelgadis
MinotaurReaper

i think you missed the part about skill req's to brew things. jacking the prices too high will let no one ever make them, as it is directly proportional to skill req. if you want to i suggest changing the formula in alchemycast.cs

mrtrpg.cjb.net - homepage for the Mythical Realms mod of TRPG

Zelgadis is offline Old Post 10-30-2001 09:43 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Zelgadis Click here to Send Zelgadis a Private Message Click Here to Email Zelgadis Visit Zelgadis's homepage! Find more posts by Zelgadis Add Zelgadis to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TheMatt2000
UndeadSkeleton

ooooooooohhhhhhh.........

I see now.

Formula.. will do.

Just one more question.

Where is the uberbreath located? I checked in newweaps.cs and it wasn't anywhere in it.

[/me Feels like a neenerhead]

Matty

TheMatt2000 is offline Old Post 10-30-2001 09:47 PM
Anca
GoblinRunt

Coo ideas but...

wouldnt the new bots be kinda hard...i mean lvl 700-800!...is DMR way different than MR???...also a bar would be nice where we could all go get drunk and have strippers....im dreaming but i play MR and well...it needs more stuff...ill go check out DMR tonight hopefully itd be what im looking for....Yoshi's RPG too laggy and can only hold six....good luck in making this the best server this is

Anca is offline Old Post 10-31-2001 11:11 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Anca Click here to Send Anca a Private Message Click Here to Email Anca Find more posts by Anca Add Anca to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
UnholyPrince
TravellerMiner

three words:

BONK STICK

thanks to matt and goldy for the sig

-------------------------
MN Stats
Level: 58
Remort: 5
Race: Demonkin
Class: Kensai/GuruV
Money: About 4.5 Mil
Coins On Hand: 25k to 250k
Skill Points: 1700+
Attack Type: Slash, Bludgeoning
Magic Type: None Yet

UnholyPrince is offline Old Post 11-02-2001 05:16 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for UnholyPrince Click here to Send UnholyPrince a Private Message Click Here to Email UnholyPrince Find more posts by UnholyPrince Add UnholyPrince to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote