Profile  Register  Calendar  Memberlist  FAQ  Search Home  
Tribes RPG Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.0.3 Tribes RPG Forums > Misc > Contributors Forum > Casting recovery times...
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post New Thread    Post A Reply
MadForIt
GoblinThief

How about making them different for each class type ?
Maybe to much to implament, just an idea.

The mass full heal recovery time is a little ott for a cleric no ?

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

MadForIt is offline Old Post 03-08-2001 06:35 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for MadForIt Click here to Send MadForIt a Private Message Click Here to Email MadForIt Find more posts by MadForIt Add MadForIt to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JeremyIrons
Tribes RPG Creator

That's a good idea

I suppose it could be directly based on the skill type involved for the spell. Meaning if you have high Defensive Casting, recovery time is shorter, whereas if you have low Defensive Casting, recovery time is longer (but not longer than the current maximum)

JeremyIrons is offline Old Post 03-08-2001 08:18 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for JeremyIrons Click here to Send JeremyIrons a Private Message Visit JeremyIrons's homepage! Find more posts by JeremyIrons Add JeremyIrons to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Zxqv8
TravellerThug

Sounds fair to me, but I think perhaps fighters (who aren't meant to have much casting skill) and theives and such should never have as short a recovery time as a cleric of the same skill level. Like, a lvl 65 fighter and a level 65 cleric both happen to have say, 370 defensive casting, the cleric, being a healer, would have shorter recovery time on a defensive spell than a fighter would. Now, if the fighter has HIGHER defensive casting than the cleric, the fighter has the shorter recovery time. (the number are just for the sake of argument)

As for remorting: With each remort a non d (or o) casting class could have the potential for shorter recovery times than a non remorted caster of the same level.

I don't know if it can be done, but it sounds like a good idea to me.

Zxqv8 is offline Old Post 03-08-2001 09:05 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Zxqv8 Click here to Send Zxqv8 a Private Message Click Here to Email Zxqv8 Visit Zxqv8's homepage! Find more posts by Zxqv8 Add Zxqv8 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JeremyIrons
Tribes RPG Creator

Zxqv8, that goes against the idea behind the skill system. If a Fighter has the same amount of a specific skill that a Cleric has, they should both perform just as well.

Anyway, it's already implemented so you don't need to discuss this anymore until you give it a try

JeremyIrons is offline Old Post 03-08-2001 10:00 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for JeremyIrons Click here to Send JeremyIrons a Private Message Visit JeremyIrons's homepage! Find more posts by JeremyIrons Add JeremyIrons to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Aleman
OgreDreadnought

If thats the case - what about Rangers and their sleeping skills?

Aleman is offline Old Post 03-09-2001 04:18 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Aleman Click here to Send Aleman a Private Message Click Here to Email Aleman Find more posts by Aleman Add Aleman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JeremyIrons
Tribes RPG Creator

Nice try Aleman but sleeping is not a skill. We're talking about the skill system.

The only inconsistency in the system I have going is the fact that the composite bow is a Ranger only item. This was originally to test the class restriction feature I implemented, but I never bothered taking this specific restriction out.

JeremyIrons is offline Old Post 03-09-2001 04:38 AM
Mir

I think rangers should have a little more Def casting, and LESS offensive and Neutral casting :P

cause Rangers aren't spell casters, clasically, but several game systems they are semi-decent healers.

Now you ask: "Why would you want def casting when you can sleep most anywhere anyway?"
Well cause sleeping in the middle of a fight is annoying (fleeing, etc.) plus, sleeping doesn;t let me help other people.

I dont know, this is just the way I see things...
I play a ranger (always, anywhere, if there is a ranger class, thats what I am) always have in TRPG, and I've seen them go from pathetically weak, to far too powerful (when bows were crazy good) back to the current which is.. Mmm mediocre in my opinion.
Bows still do a good deal of damage, and sleeping anywhere is a really cool skill... but I think they need more Def casting.
And like I said, to prevent unbalancing, reduce N and O casting to like 0.2

Old Post 03-09-2001 07:51 AM
Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Zelgadis
MinotaurReaper

i always though they should have high N casting cause they run around in the forest a lot.

Zelgadis is offline Old Post 03-09-2001 05:07 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Zelgadis Click here to Send Zelgadis a Private Message Click Here to Email Zelgadis Visit Zelgadis's homepage! Find more posts by Zelgadis Add Zelgadis to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MadForIt
GoblinThief

Talking

because they get lossed alot zel ? and need to teleport ? lol =D

MadForIt is offline Old Post 03-09-2001 06:29 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for MadForIt Click here to Send MadForIt a Private Message Click Here to Email MadForIt Find more posts by MadForIt Add MadForIt to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Toaster
Master of Toast

That's why rangers have excellent sense heading.

Toaster

Read The Newbie Guide!

Toaster is offline Old Post 03-09-2001 10:01 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Toaster Click here to Send Toaster a Private Message Click Here to Email Toaster Visit Toaster's homepage! Find more posts by Toaster Add Toaster to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
-RPG-secretagnt
TravellerPaladin

Lightbulb

I'm not sure if this has been brung up before, but I had an idea that would increase the ability to dodge thievs. I thought that maybe there could be a skill that makes stealing more chancey. Like, say a new skill, like awareness, could be used for this, and the higher it was, the less successful the theif would be. It could also be used for a few other things, such as... well i had an idea earlier, but I cant think of it now.

-RPG-secretagnt is offline Old Post 03-09-2001 10:10 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for -RPG-secretagnt Click here to Send -RPG-secretagnt a Private Message Click Here to Email -RPG-secretagnt Visit -RPG-secretagnt's homepage! Find more posts by -RPG-secretagnt Add -RPG-secretagnt to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Toaster
Master of Toast

JI's already added dodging to steal defense.

Toaster

Read The Newbie Guide!

Toaster is offline Old Post 03-09-2001 10:13 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Toaster Click here to Send Toaster a Private Message Click Here to Email Toaster Visit Toaster's homepage! Find more posts by Toaster Add Toaster to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote