Profile  Register  Calendar  Memberlist  FAQ  Search Home  
Tribes RPG Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.0.3 Tribes RPG Forums > Misc > Contributors Forum > RPG HUD needs Your Help!!
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post New Thread    Post A Reply
~SadFriend~
Emerald Archer

Exclamation

The RPG HUD that I'm making (you all got an email) currently just displays something like

[ Mana: 34 / 56 ]

My plans are to have the HUD integrated with .wav files and .bmp files, so that there are symbols for mana, and my HUD is icon-based. The .wav's i can make, I was going to use that for when your hp gets low, it plays a .wav file.. but anyway, to the point..

I need BMP files for the following:

MANA
HIT POINTS
COINS
WEIGHT

Those are informations that my alpha hud contains.. don't worry, it'll grow ;]

Please make the .bmp files CORRESPONDING. I don't need a coin chest bitmap for my MANA thing, for example.

I would appreciate if the .bmp's were 16 x 33 in pixel size, or 16 pixels in height and 33 pixels in width, or if they were IN PORPORTION to that. (i.e. a 32 x 66 bitmap would work, as well as a 8 x 16.6, as they are multiples or dividends of 16 and 33.)

Thanks!

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

~SadFriend~ is offline Old Post 03-06-2001 06:29 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for ~SadFriend~ Click here to Send ~SadFriend~ a Private Message Click Here to Email ~SadFriend~ Find more posts by ~SadFriend~ Add ~SadFriend~ to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JeremyIrons
Tribes RPG Creator

Can you possibly make this HUD an actual HUD as opposed to a centerPrint ?

And I suggest raising the schedule delay to about 1.0 or 2.0, and the rpgfetchdata("Weight") should only be checked perhaps every 5 to 10 seconds (lag issues)

code:
function getVars() { rpgfetchdata("MANA"); rpgfetchdata("MaxMANA"); rpgfetchdata("HP"); rpgfetchdata("MaxHP"); rpgfetchdata("COINS"); rpgfetchdata("MaxWeight"); $mana = $rpgdata["MANA"]; $maxmana = $rpgdata["MaxMANA"]; $hp = $rpgdata["HP"]; $maxhp = $rpgdata["MaxHP"]; $coins = $rpgdata["COINS"]; $maxweight = $rpgdata["MaxWeight"]; if($rfdcnt++ >= (6/1.5)) { //6 / 1.5 = approx. 6 seconds considering the schedule at 1.5 rpgfetchdata("Weight"); $weight = $rpgdata["Weight"]; $rfdcnt = 0; } schedule("getVars();", 1.5); }

JeremyIrons is offline Old Post 03-06-2001 03:46 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for JeremyIrons Click here to Send JeremyIrons a Private Message Visit JeremyIrons's homepage! Find more posts by JeremyIrons Add JeremyIrons to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JeremyIrons
Tribes RPG Creator

Ok I wrote a HUD that uses PrestoPack

It'll be in the next update as rpghud.cs

JeremyIrons is offline Old Post 03-06-2001 05:00 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for JeremyIrons Click here to Send JeremyIrons a Private Message Visit JeremyIrons's homepage! Find more posts by JeremyIrons Add JeremyIrons to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
~SadFriend~
Emerald Archer

Huh?

Who said I was going to write a centerPrint hud?

If you were reffering to the quickie I wrote in 5 minutes, that used center print because thats easier to code than making a real gui..

~SadFriend~ is offline Old Post 03-07-2001 02:08 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for ~SadFriend~ Click here to Send ~SadFriend~ a Private Message Click Here to Email ~SadFriend~ Find more posts by ~SadFriend~ Add ~SadFriend~ to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JeremyIrons
Tribes RPG Creator

I was refering to the one you posted...

Oh well... I suggest basing yourself off of the one I whipped up. Rename it to SadHud or something =)

JeremyIrons is offline Old Post 03-07-2001 02:11 AM
~SadFriend~
Emerald Archer

Dammit!!

Mat, what files from Presto does your hud use?

My comp decided to not be nice today..

In console I get the error

HUD::New Unknown Command
HUD:isplay Unknown Command

Yes, I have Presto.. my presto prefs are all set to false..

~SadFriend~ is offline Old Post 03-07-2001 02:39 AM
~SadFriend~
Emerald Archer

Nevermind..

Found out the problem..

If you set all of your presto options to false, presto doesn't exec the HUD.cs file that rpghud requires for functionality.

SO, if your rpghud isn't working, simply add a

exec("presto\\hud.cs");

To your autoexec.cs file.

~SadFriend~ is offline Old Post 03-07-2001 02:49 AM
Aleman
OgreDreadnought

Jeremy, if the weight var causes lag issues.. couldn't it be abused by a trouble maker to crash the server?

Aleman is offline Old Post 03-07-2001 05:04 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Aleman Click here to Send Aleman a Private Message Click Here to Email Aleman Find more posts by Aleman Add Aleman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
~SadFriend~
Emerald Archer

Post Holy......

Oh boy... rpgfetchdata shure is going to be fun playing around with... I have found 76 things you can call with it...

I'm going to be occupied for a while, 'till someone wants me to do somethin

~SadFriend~ is offline Old Post 03-07-2001 08:09 PM
Aleman
OgreDreadnought

How do you run this clientside.. seperately rpgfetchdata(); wont be recognized.. which .cs file is it located in?

Aleman is offline Old Post 03-07-2001 11:07 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Aleman Click here to Send Aleman a Private Message Click Here to Email Aleman Find more posts by Aleman Add Aleman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Mir

client.cs

Thats why if its not working right, The HUD I mean, you need to make sure you start tribes like so: "tribes.exe -mod rpg"

Old Post 03-08-2001 01:37 AM
Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Zelgadis
MinotaurReaper

make this availiable to the masses ji, put exec(client) into the normal startup routine, dont make the people out there run -mod rpg...........i say bupdate3 should auto run client.cs

Zelgadis is offline Old Post 03-08-2001 03:22 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Zelgadis Click here to Send Zelgadis a Private Message Click Here to Email Zelgadis Visit Zelgadis's homepage! Find more posts by Zelgadis Add Zelgadis to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JeremyIrons
Tribes RPG Creator

zelgadis, do you know what -mod rpg does?

FYI client.cs already gets executed, just not the one in tribes\rpg

that's why a -mod rpg is required. when you exec(client) it execs the one in the rpg folder as opposed to the default one in base

JeremyIrons is offline Old Post 03-08-2001 04:58 AM
Zelgadis
MinotaurReaper

DOH i didnt realize there was one in base.

Zelgadis is offline Old Post 03-09-2001 03:22 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Zelgadis Click here to Send Zelgadis a Private Message Click Here to Email Zelgadis Visit Zelgadis's homepage! Find more posts by Zelgadis Add Zelgadis to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
~SadFriend~
Emerald Archer

Yes, if you compare the two client.cs's you'll notice that the rpg/scripts.vol/client.cs is identical to the base/scripts.vol/client.cs, except that at the end theres some added rpg functions.

~SadFriend~ is offline Old Post 03-10-2001 02:17 AM