Profile  Register  Calendar  Memberlist  FAQ  Search Home  
Tribes RPG Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.0.3 Tribes RPG Forums > Misc > Contributors Forum > Request To Those Who Can Run Servers
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post New Thread    Post A Reply
~SadFriend~
Emerald Archer

Lightbulb

I need someone to toss up a quick server that I can have the admin password on, I'm just going to try out some things with rpgfetchdata that require me to be in certain circumstances (i.e. data "currentlyRemorting")

It doesn't have to be a full on server, just give me an hour or two with admin, and I'll be done.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

~SadFriend~ is offline Old Post 03-07-2001 09:52 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for ~SadFriend~ Click here to Send ~SadFriend~ a Private Message Click Here to Email ~SadFriend~ Find more posts by ~SadFriend~ Add ~SadFriend~ to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
~SadFriend~
Emerald Archer

I would do host a game off of this computer, 'cept for the fact that this computer has been hacked so many times it isn't even funny.

I can't host servers, after all the attacks my ports don't function like they used to..

~SadFriend~ is offline Old Post 03-07-2001 09:54 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for ~SadFriend~ Click here to Send ~SadFriend~ a Private Message Click Here to Email ~SadFriend~ Find more posts by ~SadFriend~ Add ~SadFriend~ to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Mir

Err.
I dont think hackers can really do anything to your ports, not permanently...
but whatever.
If you've got ICQ, catch me sometime at 1246903, and I'll put one up for an hour or two.

Old Post 03-08-2001 01:30 AM
Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
~SadFriend~
Emerald Archer

Thanks

Thanks Mir.

No, the hackers didn't get the ports themselves..

They just got everything they could take, and now my computer has a hard time using anything at all..

~SadFriend~ is offline Old Post 03-08-2001 01:56 AM
Mir

Backup any data you can't get copies of, format your harddrive, reinstall your OS, reinstall any programs you need, copy the backed up data back across, and install a firewall so people cant **** with your ports.

www.zonelabs.com has a decent FREE Firewall.

Old Post 03-08-2001 02:46 AM
Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote