Profile  Register  Calendar  Memberlist  FAQ  Search Home  
Tribes RPG Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.0.3 Tribes RPG Forums > Misc > Contributors Forum > More feedback
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post New Thread    Post A Reply
GoldenFlight
Mother Lode

(Let me know if I post too much, please.)

Is it my imagination or are the Yolanda bots spawning faster and moving faster? If so, that's a great improvement. The faster-paced action is more exciting!.

(Yes, I AM checking all the lower level bots up through the Mino lair).

Btw: Love the "hatch cover" for the ogre, the better lighting in the ogre pit and the ramps! Lower-level non-magical players can now get out, which I heard was a common problem.

GoldenFlight

Level:90
Remort:1
Class:Necro/Death Minion
Race:Elf
House Fenyar Website

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

GoldenFlight is offline Old Post 03-06-2001 02:35 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for GoldenFlight Click here to Send GoldenFlight a Private Message Click Here to Email GoldenFlight Find more posts by GoldenFlight Add GoldenFlight to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JeremyIrons
Tribes RPG Creator

Keep up the comments, and don't be scared to post negative feedback =)

JeremyIrons is offline Old Post 03-06-2001 03:06 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for JeremyIrons Click here to Send JeremyIrons a Private Message Visit JeremyIrons's homepage! Find more posts by JeremyIrons Add JeremyIrons to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TheMatt2000
UndeadSkeleton

Post Unforunantly, I have a little negative feedback :(

Unforunantly, I have a little negative feedback:

I have heard [And checked scripts] that the uber bots/minotaurs do not carry claymores/battle axes anymore. While this is good because it makes killing them easier, it will make many people have much less $$$. Many people rely on killing goliaths/sloths for income (Me included) so in order for them to carry broadswords/longswords we will need to have sellable stuff on them (In other words, gems that total the same value as the weapons)

In other words:

The sloth, provided it has a longsword, would need gems (Like turquoise or something) that added up to about 8000 (Because a longsword sells for about 800 coins, and a claymore can be sold for 8800)

Or a goliath would need gems that added up to about 1600 (because a broadsword sells for about 50)

Just a suggestion, but plz read...

Cuz if that isnt implimented you need to make stuff cost a lot less $$$

Matty

Level:1337... What else? 8)
Admin:Owner. Quest-Guy. 'Nuff said.
Server:Divine Mythical Realms
Misc:Creator and Co-Owner of DMR.
Divine Mythical Realms Forum and Docs

TheMatt2000 is offline Old Post 03-06-2001 04:05 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for TheMatt2000 Click here to Send TheMatt2000 a Private Message Click Here to Email TheMatt2000 Visit TheMatt2000's homepage! Find more posts by TheMatt2000 Add TheMatt2000 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Deus_ex_Machina
God from Machine

Ok, why did the Ubers stop spawning wiht claymores? Now they are sooo easy to kill.......like a lvl 90 with Spiked leather can go in and kicked ass! (not the gohort..no they ran for there lifes from him, heheh)

And the minos don't have Battle axes, if its cuz the money they get, just make weapons sell cheaper....?

-Deus ex Machina JI's l33t music for those lonely scripting nights

Happy Snake

Tribes stuff

onLoad=type_text()>

Deus_ex_Machina is offline Old Post 03-06-2001 04:06 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Deus_ex_Machina Click here to Send Deus_ex_Machina a Private Message Click Here to Email Deus_ex_Machina Visit Deus_ex_Machina's homepage! Find more posts by Deus_ex_Machina Add Deus_ex_Machina to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Deus_ex_Machina
God from Machine

Damn you matt ;D

-Deus ex Machina JI's l33t music for those lonely scripting nights

Happy Snake

Tribes stuff

onLoad=type_text()>

Deus_ex_Machina is offline Old Post 03-06-2001 04:07 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Deus_ex_Machina Click here to Send Deus_ex_Machina a Private Message Click Here to Email Deus_ex_Machina Visit Deus_ex_Machina's homepage! Find more posts by Deus_ex_Machina Add Deus_ex_Machina to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JeremyIrons
Tribes RPG Creator

Who ever said that the way it was before was balanced?

JeremyIrons is offline Old Post 03-06-2001 04:15 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for JeremyIrons Click here to Send JeremyIrons a Private Message Visit JeremyIrons's homepage! Find more posts by JeremyIrons Add JeremyIrons to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GoldenFlight
Mother Lode

Well, after going through Uber, I'm happy to be out..heheh. Although I agree, I felt disappointed to hear that the "prize" wasn't as good as it had been.
Leaving the pack as is, but lowering the "entrance fee" to 2k would feel better.

I do have to say in fairness though, with the added complexity of the new mine layout, and all the high level mages and Ogres down there, including one Indiana-Jones-type broken-bridge jump.....

....that the map is now MORE balanced to challange the lower levels and provide longer playing time at those levels. The mine itself is interesting to explore and there's enough stuff in there to keep miner's happy. I find that pretty good.

I would like to note that my "head" is sore from constantly bumping on those low doorways...but I guess that's pretty realistic. I will, however, NOT enjoy getting stuck in the doorway, once I remort, and have some buggy-sounding green wizard on my tail!

The goblins make the most interesting sounds...can't figure out if they are grasshoppers or something I've heard once in Star Trek. They are definitely more icky, which makes them more interesting.

The ogres on the other hand, make the most disgusting barfing sounds as they die....lol. Makes me want to NOT kill them. :p

At this point, I think the mine is DEFINITELY the most interesting part of the map. The mino lair seems boring in comparison. And the rest of the map just pales....

Great work.

Two thumbs up.

Goodnight Gene. (salutes)

ps: two more comments:

1) thank you for keeping the pretty/soothing fountain. We need our "hot tub"

2) The ramps at the Hilton (hotel) are SO much smoother (graphics) than the stairs.! (are you gonna change any of the other outlying hotels as well?

GoldenFlight

House Fenyar Website

Last edited by GoldenFlight on 03-06-2001 at 05:54 AM

GoldenFlight is offline Old Post 03-06-2001 04:44 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for GoldenFlight Click here to Send GoldenFlight a Private Message Click Here to Email GoldenFlight Find more posts by GoldenFlight Add GoldenFlight to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rakenne
GnollHunter

i think the claymores should come back as now a visit uberzone costs more than it produces when you get rusty longswords(250 coins) so you would need to kill 20 ubers to get back what you spent.

Rakenne is offline Old Post 03-06-2001 07:12 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Rakenne Click here to Send Rakenne a Private Message Click Here to Email Rakenne Find more posts by Rakenne Add Rakenne to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Arthur
MinotaurGoliath

Talking

i love that bridge, i can make it one way with paws, but i always fall going back (hard to explane) its fun to try though =)

King Arthur

Level:250
Remort:16
Class:Paladin/Knight
Race:Human
House Fenyar Website

Arthur is offline Old Post 03-06-2001 07:24 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Arthur Click here to Send Arthur a Private Message Click Here to Email Arthur Find more posts by Arthur Add Arthur to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Zelgadis
MinotaurReaper

i think the choices are now either
1 enhanced mining
2 bots carry gems
3 no one ever buys armor again.

where are we expected to get cash?

(do you suppose its fair to start stockpiling cash on other servers for the incoming update?)

Zelgadis is offline Old Post 03-06-2001 09:50 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Zelgadis Click here to Send Zelgadis a Private Message Click Here to Email Zelgadis Visit Zelgadis's homepage! Find more posts by Zelgadis Add Zelgadis to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Zelgadis
MinotaurReaper

it seems thats what the secret mine crystal is for.

Zelgadis is offline Old Post 03-07-2001 01:38 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Zelgadis Click here to Send Zelgadis a Private Message Click Here to Email Zelgadis Visit Zelgadis's homepage! Find more posts by Zelgadis Add Zelgadis to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JeremyIrons
Tribes RPG Creator

I agree about lowering the cost for entering the Uber zone

consider it changed

JeremyIrons is offline Old Post 03-07-2001 02:01 AM
Zelgadis
MinotaurReaper

JI this is really cool, ive never seen the mod so dynamic, so fluid.

Zelgadis is offline Old Post 03-07-2001 02:46 AM
GoldenFlight
Mother Lode

Thank you JI!

for lowering the entrance fee to Uber.

I will pass that on.

And for those of you wondering about why taking trips through Uber should happen, another post under another thread mentions that Ubers and Sloths carry
Dragonscales.

GoldenFlight

House Fenyar Website

Last edited by GoldenFlight on 03-07-2001 at 04:09 AM

GoldenFlight is offline Old Post 03-07-2001 03:04 AM
TridentRX
TravellerPaladin

I like that!

I like al's idea of a mining crystal. you could put it in the center so you have to fight the ubers for it.

TridentRX is offline Old Post 03-07-2001 03:12 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for TridentRX Click here to Send TridentRX a Private Message Click Here to Email TridentRX Find more posts by TridentRX Add TridentRX to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Mir

Its too bad theres really no AI control...
it would be funny to get the bots mining if there are no hostile targets around

dont actually have them get crystals, but just make it so they hack at the crystals.

walk into a room, they all stop hacking at the crystals snarl, and run at you :P

Old Post 03-07-2001 06:17 AM
Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tenabrae
RPG Lead Modeler

the goblin sounds are...

from half life, various of the zombie and beastie sounds.

[url=http://www.planetstarsiege.com/trinity/]Trinity Armaments[/url]

[i]please note - because of the stupidity of people using flash animations in their signature files, i do not view them[/i]

tenabrae is offline Old Post 03-07-2001 06:27 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for tenabrae Click here to Send tenabrae a Private Message Visit tenabrae's homepage! Find more posts by tenabrae Add tenabrae to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ugoslow
ZombieThrasher

LMAO YAH BOT MINERS!!!!!
that would r0x0r to see the gohort and sloth both hacking at the crystal, you enter the room and they growl and attack LOLOL

"Bring me the Sampo!!!!!!!!!"-Ügð§lð¥¥

Watch the Uber jam!

ugoslow is offline Old Post 03-07-2001 07:26 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for ugoslow Click here to Send ugoslow a Private Message Click Here to Email ugoslow Visit ugoslow's homepage! Find more posts by ugoslow Add ugoslow to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Arthur
MinotaurGoliath

Red face

yeah but the screaming fist mod has alot of the half-life sounds (2 i know are the machine guns and grenades are the same) im sure there are many more so if that mod can do it, why cant this one?

King Arthur

Level:250
Remort:16
Class:Paladin/Knight
Race:Human
House Fenyar Website

Arthur is offline Old Post 03-07-2001 07:28 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Arthur Click here to Send Arthur a Private Message Click Here to Email Arthur Find more posts by Arthur Add Arthur to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Mir

Well the Halflife sounds are pretty cool..
but for all intents and purposes, its probably a good idea to get origional to RPG sounds

Just because that way NOBODY can do anything.

Old Post 03-07-2001 07:39 AM
tenabrae
RPG Lead Modeler

see what it is...

is that i have the ability to actually read all of the previous posts ... i was repsonding to this...

"The goblins make the most interesting sounds...can't figure out if they are grasshoppers or something I've heard once in Star Trek. They are definitely more icky, which makes them more interesting. "

[url=http://www.planetstarsiege.com/trinity/]Trinity Armaments[/url]

[i]please note - because of the stupidity of people using flash animations in their signature files, i do not view them[/i]

tenabrae is offline Old Post 03-07-2001 12:22 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for tenabrae Click here to Send tenabrae a Private Message Visit tenabrae's homepage! Find more posts by tenabrae Add tenabrae to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JeremyIrons
Tribes RPG Creator

The sounds for goblins and gnolls come from Half-Life

The sounds for elves and travellers come from Blade Of Darkness

The sounds for EVERYTHING else come from Wheel Of Time.

JeremyIrons is offline Old Post 03-07-2001 03:20 PM
Rakenne
GnollHunter

Hey, Ji I noticed that much of the old music in TRPG was in the blade of darkness-demo. The demo arrived here about 3-6 months after the I noticed the musics in TRPG. So did you do the musics in the blade of darkness-demo?

Last edited by Rakenne on 03-07-2001 at 03:51 PM

Rakenne is offline Old Post 03-07-2001 03:40 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Rakenne Click here to Send Rakenne a Private Message Click Here to Email Rakenne Find more posts by Rakenne Add Rakenne to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Mir

Blade of Darkness is an evil, evil game.

I hate the control.

Old Post 03-07-2001 03:56 PM
MadForIt
GoblinThief

After a long days battle, tired from the long walk back from the deep
dark mines, it's nice to chill out to the new keldrin music lol

sry but i just love it =D

MadForIt is offline Old Post 03-07-2001 06:42 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for MadForIt Click here to Send MadForIt a Private Message Click Here to Email MadForIt Find more posts by MadForIt Add MadForIt to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GoldenFlight
Mother Lode

what you apologizing for? Everybody's hanging out in K Town now just to smooth out....

The music IS wonderful!!

More please.

GoldenFlight

House Fenyar Website

GoldenFlight is offline Old Post 03-07-2001 06:57 PM
Aleman
OgreDreadnought

LOL this might be bad for the newbies, who would want to leave K town?

Aleman is offline Old Post 03-07-2001 10:16 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Aleman Click here to Send Aleman a Private Message Click Here to Email Aleman Find more posts by Aleman Add Aleman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Zelgadis
MinotaurReaper

is it just me or is jaten completely unlit? does it have anything to do with the liting of the mines in progress? the only explanation i can think of is clientside bug (me) or you actually want it to be gloomy in there. i think the lit interior would be cool in the newfound darkness of rpgmap

Zelgadis is offline Old Post 03-07-2001 10:28 PM
TridentRX
TravellerPaladin

Wink WOW!

Hey JI my 200 mhz actually was able to load the beta! (graphics on low no external programs running!) I havent been able to use that for RPG in a month! It even got on on the third try!

O and the new water. Inorder to run that i think we will need a new boat. With sides so it doesnt look like a floating platform riding above the waves.

TridentRX is offline Old Post 03-07-2001 10:55 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for TridentRX Click here to Send TridentRX a Private Message Click Here to Email TridentRX Find more posts by TridentRX Add TridentRX to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Zelgadis
MinotaurReaper

i officially request the telepoints of keldrin and crypt be moved within a half mile of their respecive destinations.

Zelgadis is offline Old Post 03-07-2001 11:03 PM