Profile  Register  Calendar  Memberlist  FAQ  Search Home  
Tribes RPG Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.0.3 Tribes RPG Forums > Misc > Contributors Forum > Forum Idea
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Mir

Create a Server News forum, and add a subforum for each of the servers that are 'trusted'... such as ones that are generally always up.

Let only the server admins post in there, and let them use it to annouce modifications, or updates.

Just an idea, I especially want server owner feedback, I dont know if server owners would want the haslle of having to update the forum.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 03-14-2001 07:11 AM
Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Gul'Dar
TravellerThug

I like this idea and infact i wonder if once we get those servers on the forum if we couldn't somehow keep a stats page of all the players and their stats (say updated once a day, like create some kind of executable that searches for new stats on the trusted servers or something to that effect =P) and create a seperate page for each different and unique server! GREAT IDEA
-Mir-

Gul'

Last edited by Gul'Dar on 03-14-2001 at 12:25 PM

Gul'Dar is offline Old Post 03-14-2001 12:15 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Gul'Dar Click here to Send Gul'Dar a Private Message Click Here to Email Gul'Dar Visit Gul'Dar's homepage! Find more posts by Gul'Dar Add Gul'Dar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dragoon
GoblinWizard

The stats are awsome to think about, but you know who will always be #1

"The admins"

Dragoon is offline Old Post 03-14-2001 12:25 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Dragoon Click here to Send Dragoon a Private Message Click Here to Email Dragoon Find more posts by Dragoon Add Dragoon to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Gul'Dar
TravellerThug

You can check out what I'm talkin about @ http://www.geocities.com/thegreatgaladriel

Class: Paladin
Level: 104
Remort: 1
Admin Level: 2 (Guide)
-----------------------------------------------

Gul'Dar is offline Old Post 03-14-2001 12:27 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Gul'Dar Click here to Send Gul'Dar a Private Message Click Here to Email Gul'Dar Visit Gul'Dar's homepage! Find more posts by Gul'Dar Add Gul'Dar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dawm
GnollShaman

i second this idea, would be nice to keep all the gsn posts out of the main thread, just cause people get out of hand when im at home sleeping and the server at work is down.

dawm is offline Old Post 03-14-2001 03:46 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for dawm Click here to Send dawm a Private Message Visit dawm's homepage! Find more posts by dawm Add dawm to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Vectrex
Quest Master

Hmm... it wouldnt be that hard to make a program to read all the character files and create some stats in html. Stuff like 10 most wanted (highest bounty) , top levels, richest person on the server, etc. That would be cool. i think i'll do that sometime. Although i'm not sure how to open files in c++ if i dont know what they are named.

Vectrex is offline Old Post 03-14-2001 04:57 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Vectrex Click here to Send Vectrex a Private Message Click Here to Email Vectrex Find more posts by Vectrex Add Vectrex to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JeremyIrons
Tribes RPG Creator

I already wrote something for the in ASP, where you could query JI & PoG's character list and get specific info from the char file

I'd rather write a component and then have server owners use it instead.

JeremyIrons is offline Old Post 03-14-2001 05:42 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for JeremyIrons Click here to Send JeremyIrons a Private Message Visit JeremyIrons's homepage! Find more posts by JeremyIrons Add JeremyIrons to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote