Profile  Register  Calendar  Memberlist  FAQ  Search Home  
Tribes RPG Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.0.3 Tribes RPG Forums > Misc > Contributors Forum > Some new weapons need balancing.
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Rakenne
GnollHunter

I noticed that some of the are little off balance. For example spiked boneclub(atk:105, delay: 1 sec, skillrequirement: 90) is better than rapier(atk:103(if i remember correctly) delay: 1 sec, skillrequirement: 250) and it's also a lot cheaper(costs about 5k to make and rapier costs 75k). Also the granitehammer has a little low skill requirement(180) when comparing it to it's atk value(130) which makes it much better than warhammer though the delay and it's cost balance it a little. I can't tell if there are other unbalanced weapons among the new ones as I reinstalled my Tribes and I forgot that I had deleted the base install of the beta.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Rakenne is offline Old Post 03-12-2001 07:36 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Rakenne Click here to Send Rakenne a Private Message Click Here to Email Rakenne Find more posts by Rakenne Add Rakenne to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
~SadFriend~
Emerald Archer

The reason of this I believe is that people voted on these items which had stats that were made by multiple people in the rpg community.

Ji just had everyone make their own stats for their weapons, to save some time and calculations.

Well, a lot of people just threw up some weapons, not pausing to think of balancing it in with other weapons.

I think Ji just put them in and didn't really check them to fix the balancing errors.

Now that its come to our attention, Ji has fixed a few weapons and such.

~SadFriend~ is offline Old Post 03-12-2001 07:39 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for ~SadFriend~ Click here to Send ~SadFriend~ a Private Message Click Here to Email ~SadFriend~ Find more posts by ~SadFriend~ Add ~SadFriend~ to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rakenne
GnollHunter

Hmm.. Has Ji got a a helper to do these little things so they would be fixed with out the need to bother him so much? I guess he could use a one as no one can strech himself so much and this mod is already quite big.

Rakenne is offline Old Post 03-12-2001 07:59 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Rakenne Click here to Send Rakenne a Private Message Click Here to Email Rakenne Find more posts by Rakenne Add Rakenne to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
~SadFriend~
Emerald Archer

I'm sure that Ji knows he can ask us if he needs help..

Thats what beta is for, right?

~SadFriend~ is offline Old Post 03-12-2001 08:01 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for ~SadFriend~ Click here to Send ~SadFriend~ a Private Message Click Here to Email ~SadFriend~ Find more posts by ~SadFriend~ Add ~SadFriend~ to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JeremyIrons
Tribes RPG Creator

help

JeremyIrons is offline Old Post 03-12-2001 08:05 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for JeremyIrons Click here to Send JeremyIrons a Private Message Visit JeremyIrons's homepage! Find more posts by JeremyIrons Add JeremyIrons to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Gul'Dar
TravellerThug

ROFL......

Gul'Dar is offline Old Post 03-12-2001 08:13 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Gul'Dar Click here to Send Gul'Dar a Private Message Click Here to Email Gul'Dar Visit Gul'Dar's homepage! Find more posts by Gul'Dar Add Gul'Dar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Zelgadis
MinotaurReaper

i had assumed some of the items were unbalanced because they were to be rare.

not everyone knows how to make a granitehammer in fact i didnt know it existed until just now.

if you could try to keep the smith combinations secret then the items can be unfairly strong and still not throw off the game too much.

Zelgadis is offline Old Post 03-12-2001 10:12 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Zelgadis Click here to Send Zelgadis a Private Message Click Here to Email Zelgadis Visit Zelgadis's homepage! Find more posts by Zelgadis Add Zelgadis to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Mir

I think its pretty much impossible to keep anything a secret though, unless JI splits the mod into Server packs, and Client packs, and only gives out server packs to a few people (which wouldn't be all that cool if you ask me...)

The problem is, anyone that knows anything about MODding for tribes can ake apart the files for RPG, and look at the stuff inside (this is where the listings of the smithable items came from in the first place)

And theres not really any way to add encryption or something, and that would be too much hassle anyway.

Old Post 03-12-2001 11:18 PM
Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Zxqv8
TravellerThug

We could just ASK people not to look, but we all know how well that usually works dont we? If only it were so simple. :(

Zxqv8 is offline Old Post 03-12-2001 11:25 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Zxqv8 Click here to Send Zxqv8 a Private Message Click Here to Email Zxqv8 Visit Zxqv8's homepage! Find more posts by Zxqv8 Add Zxqv8 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote