Profile  Register  Calendar  Memberlist  FAQ  Search Home  
Tribes RPG Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.0.3 Tribes RPG Forums > Misc > Contributors Forum > Healing Spells
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Sanders
GnollHunter

Lightbulb

Uhh, yeah, I would post this on the "Invite-only Private Discussion Forum", but I can't so I'm posting here.

Okay, I've been wondering about Healing spells. Why don't they become stronger like Offensive spells, is this due to the negative damage value? Or is it just not possible? Having Heal that heals 6 hp get obsolete when your like level 15, why can't it grow stronger as your D cast value goes up? And if you think the magic consumption of the spell will go off balance, you could make it so that it will increase it's consumption rate as it gets stronger. Pretty much like O spells, thorn gets obsolete after you get like melt and what not, but it gets stronger as O cast goes up ... So how about it?

Last edited by Sanders on 03-14-2001 at 10:35 PM

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Sanders is offline Old Post 03-14-2001 09:59 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Sanders Click here to Send Sanders a Private Message Click Here to Email Sanders Visit Sanders's homepage! Find more posts by Sanders Add Sanders to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sanders
GnollHunter

Thumbs up

Well said Xaero.

Maybe we could just have one regen spell in general, would be nice, and if Healing spells could get stronger as your D casting ability and/or Level goes up, maybe regen could benefit from that type of effect. Like say you get regen at around 100, as D cast starts building, the Regen would be faster and last longer, and maybe around 150 or so it could affect friendlies in your LOS, and around 350 could effect friendlies within a radius around you, but I dunno if this could be done. Guess we could rely on the "ADV" stuff for now.

Fall damage, adds good challenge when using paws, I like it! Becareful when dueling on hills from now on guys.

Sanders is offline Old Post 03-14-2001 10:42 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Sanders Click here to Send Sanders a Private Message Click Here to Email Sanders Visit Sanders's homepage! Find more posts by Sanders Add Sanders to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Zelgadis
MinotaurReaper

i like healing spells as they are, the only thing i could suggest was a way of determining who you want to heal...... id like to be able to fight without turning away to godly heal, though since sometimes i like healing gnolls this would be tough to code, nevermind i said anything!!

Zelgadis is offline Old Post 03-15-2001 01:10 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Zelgadis Click here to Send Zelgadis a Private Message Click Here to Email Zelgadis Visit Zelgadis's homepage! Find more posts by Zelgadis Add Zelgadis to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Mir

'anti-magic' zones would be an interesting twist to the game.

and I'm sure it would be relatively easy to add...

Maybe make it a sub-zone, so only small parts of each total zone is anti-magic.

Old Post 03-15-2001 02:50 AM
Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Aleman
OgreDreadnought

Hey sandy! I like the ideas, there is too big of gap between heal and advheal1..

Aleman is offline Old Post 03-15-2001 03:23 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Aleman Click here to Send Aleman a Private Message Click Here to Email Aleman Find more posts by Aleman Add Aleman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dragoon
GoblinWizard

I think healing spells are perfect the way they are, but I like how Aleman brought up the large gap between healing and advheal1.

Dragoon is offline Old Post 03-15-2001 04:47 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Dragoon Click here to Send Dragoon a Private Message Click Here to Email Dragoon Find more posts by Dragoon Add Dragoon to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
-SB-SirSteven
UberFuffian

I think its a good idea.......

-SB-SirSteven is offline Old Post 03-17-2001 01:55 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for -SB-SirSteven Click here to Send -SB-SirSteven a Private Message Click Here to Email -SB-SirSteven Visit -SB-SirSteven's homepage! Find more posts by -SB-SirSteven Add -SB-SirSteven to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Zelgadis
MinotaurReaper

IDEA!
(good one)
((ha))

too many damn spells.

we need heal, advheal,full,mass,massfull

then make each increase by skill level. that was it would be like having 900 different heal and advheal, heal would not be so worthless, you woudnt have 700 spells for the same action! (dont make full get stronger lol) though i htink if this were to happen heal should have a decent delay, it is realatively instant now.

Zelgadis is offline Old Post 03-17-2001 03:53 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Zelgadis Click here to Send Zelgadis a Private Message Click Here to Email Zelgadis Visit Zelgadis's homepage! Find more posts by Zelgadis Add Zelgadis to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GoldenFlight
Mother Lode

leave em alone. they work just fine.

my $.0002 worth (inflation)

I like the gap because I play as a cleric and some lazy folks like to stand in front of me and bug me to get healed instead of using potions or a tent (usually in the crypt..where it's easy to use a tent. Ditto, Yolanda, just run out.)

(Or the newbie clerics that get all excited and run around and end up healing the bots instead of the player. )

I dont mind helping out. But when I'm trying to level up at the lower levels, its nice to be left alone to do my thing without fear of getting bothered/nailed while I'm healing someone else.

The big gap ensures that the only person I can heal is me and folks leave me alone, usually until I hit the mino lair...at which point I usually am pretty well balanced in bludge/endurance/etc. and happy to do the teamwork thing.

that may be faulty logic, but I feel lke I shouldn't try to run around and heal others until I'm beefed up enough in other areas (also) to be able to defend myself.

Adding sp to the healing skill in balance with sp in d casting until Advheal1 or 2 are achieved seem to work quite fine for keeping myself healed.

Course I am not strictly a fighter either. That's why I chose cleric, a little of both. But if you could always run in and heal yourself instantly, then aren't you missing some of the caution that needs to come with the higher levels. And aren't your endurance/hit points going up at same time? And isn't that why there are different classes? SHould a fighter be able to heal like a cleric?

And unless I missed something, didn't that gap get reduced?

And of course, I'm a complete newbie, so this posting presents a narrow view.

(see inflation number at top of posting for value of above stated opinion.)

GoldenFlight

Level:90
Remort:1
Class:Necro/Death Minion
Race:Elf
House Fenyar Website

Last edited by GoldenFlight on 03-17-2001 at 04:42 AM

GoldenFlight is offline Old Post 03-17-2001 04:40 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for GoldenFlight Click here to Send GoldenFlight a Private Message Click Here to Email GoldenFlight Find more posts by GoldenFlight Add GoldenFlight to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Zelgadis
MinotaurReaper

heal 10 DC
adds hp = DC skill / 12 + 4 to self
delay 10 (it gets reduced fast)

advheal 120 DC
adds hp = DC skill / 11 to self or other
delay 10 (it gets reduced fast too)

fullheal 800 DC
adds hp = max hp to self or other
delay 60

yada yada yada

Zelgadis is offline Old Post 03-17-2001 05:22 PM
Toaster
Master of Toast

Delay doesn't reduce anymore.

Toaster

Read The Newbie Guide!

Toaster is offline Old Post 03-17-2001 05:28 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Toaster Click here to Send Toaster a Private Message Click Here to Email Toaster Visit Toaster's homepage! Find more posts by Toaster Add Toaster to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Zelgadis
MinotaurReaper

AAAWWWW CRAP.

i havent played in a bit, sorry.

but why? i was dying to be able to actually ****ing use massfull.

Zelgadis is offline Old Post 03-17-2001 05:45 PM
Toaster
Master of Toast

It unbalanced mages (both player and bot)

Toaster

Read The Newbie Guide!

Toaster is offline Old Post 03-17-2001 05:54 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Toaster Click here to Send Toaster a Private Message Click Here to Email Toaster Visit Toaster's homepage! Find more posts by Toaster Add Toaster to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
-SB-SirSteven
UberFuffian

It was nice to be the damn spell caster =/

But it does seem that Melt takes a little less time then it used to.. i dunno

-SB-SirSteven is offline Old Post 03-17-2001 05:59 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for -SB-SirSteven Click here to Send -SB-SirSteven a Private Message Click Here to Email -SB-SirSteven Visit -SB-SirSteven's homepage! Find more posts by -SB-SirSteven Add -SB-SirSteven to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rakenne
GnollHunter

Yes, you could spam melt like it was thorn. Uber took about 20 secs to kill(plz no i can do that with bash replies) when you had about 80 lvl as you could cast melt with 1-2 sec delay and were hitting 90% times.

Rakenne is offline Old Post 03-17-2001 06:00 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Rakenne Click here to Send Rakenne a Private Message Click Here to Email Rakenne Find more posts by Rakenne Add Rakenne to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Zxqv8
TravellerThug

I had noticed reapers could cast melt every second or less, just about every swing was a nice powerful and painful spell, level 50's didn't have a ghost of a chance unless they had phens robe, all castable shields and perhaps a heavenly shield on. Well maybe not, but it was still devastatingly powerful.

Zxqv8 is offline Old Post 03-17-2001 06:02 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Zxqv8 Click here to Send Zxqv8 a Private Message Click Here to Email Zxqv8 Visit Zxqv8's homepage! Find more posts by Zxqv8 Add Zxqv8 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Toaster
Master of Toast

Ogre Magi machinegunning Thorn hurt some too.

Toaster

Read The Newbie Guide!

Toaster is offline Old Post 03-17-2001 06:03 PM
Zelgadis
MinotaurReaper

ok ok ok but what about my healing spells idea on the previous page?

Zelgadis is offline Old Post 03-18-2001 01:17 AM