Profile  Register  Calendar  Memberlist  FAQ  Search Home  
Tribes RPG Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.0.3 Tribes RPG Forums > Misc > Contributors Forum > I need proof of your slow downloads from Fileplanet
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Alaric
Webmaster

For those of you who are experiencing a drastic increase in download times from fileplanet, I need proof. I'm working with gamespy right now to resolve this.

I need you to email me a ping and a tracert. Do not post it here because it will contain your ip address.

I need the ping and tracert from your workstation to ftp2.gamespy.com and www.tribalwar.com.

here's what you do
Goto a command prompt (dos prompt). Goto start/run type in cmd and hit enter.

Now issue the following commands. It could take a few minutes for each one to finish. You are simply collecting network information into a file:

ping ftp2.gamespy.com > c:\networkdata.txt
tracert ftp2.gamespy.com >> c:\networkdata.txt
ping www.tribalwar.com >> c:\networkdata.txt
tracert www.tribalwar.com >> c:\networkdata.txt

Once you have complete all four commands, please email the c:\networkdata.txt file to me at alaric@tribesrpg.com .

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Alaric is offline Old Post 03-20-2001 01:04 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Alaric Click here to Send Alaric a Private Message Click Here to Email Alaric Visit Alaric's homepage! Find more posts by Alaric Add Alaric to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Alaric
Webmaster

For those of you on the West Coast, have you seen an improvement in download speeds? The tribalwar server appears to be closer to the east coast so it would make sense that you west coasties would now see an improvement in download times.

Are there only a handful of us that are suffering from these download issues? There have a been a couple of people that have commented on it here but we have only heard one side of it. Is there anyone out there that doesn't see a difference, or is enjoying an improvement?

I have received two responses with network information so far. Now is the time, in this thread and this thread only, to not only voice your troubles with the downloads but help me improve the situation. ...Need the info. Are we only hearing from a few squeaky wheels?

Alaric is offline Old Post 03-20-2001 03:14 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Alaric Click here to Send Alaric a Private Message Click Here to Email Alaric Visit Alaric's homepage! Find more posts by Alaric Add Alaric to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SolarRPG
MinotaurReaper

what about us that live in the SE region?

Solar

SolarRPG is offline Old Post 03-20-2001 03:57 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for SolarRPG Click here to Send SolarRPG a Private Message Find more posts by SolarRPG Add SolarRPG to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Zelgadis
MinotaurReaper

why.........isnt he taking info from fileplanet? oh well i dotn care and ti doesnt really matter.

Zelgadis is offline Old Post 03-20-2001 04:04 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Zelgadis Click here to Send Zelgadis a Private Message Click Here to Email Zelgadis Visit Zelgadis's homepage! Find more posts by Zelgadis Add Zelgadis to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Alaric
Webmaster

Let me clarify

Some people are saying, including me now, that their downloads from Fileplanet are very painful verses our old Tribalwar host. I need to know if the only ones experiencing these problems are the few that are complaining about it. I don't care where you are in the world, please tell me your experience with fileplanet. Is it the same, worse, or better? If it's worse, please provide me with your networking info.

Alaric is offline Old Post 03-20-2001 04:31 AM
HappyFriend
#tribesrpg

I pinged great to tribalwar's old server, but now that they're hosted by gameloft I don't ping as well to them. They also seem to be very unstable. Fileplanet isn't any better though. Its servers seem to be constantly full. If I had to choose one of the two I'd go with Tribalwar.

HappyFriend is offline Old Post 03-20-2001 04:44 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for HappyFriend Click here to Send HappyFriend a Private Message Click Here to Email HappyFriend Find more posts by HappyFriend Add HappyFriend to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Zelgadis
MinotaurReaper

im content with fileplanet, the new CS and HL are all being DLed right about now.

Zelgadis is offline Old Post 03-20-2001 05:53 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Zelgadis Click here to Send Zelgadis a Private Message Click Here to Email Zelgadis Visit Zelgadis's homepage! Find more posts by Zelgadis Add Zelgadis to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rakenne
GnollHunter

I got faster d/l from fileplanet with long time in the start waiting for the d/l to start.

Rakenne is offline Old Post 03-20-2001 06:40 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Rakenne Click here to Send Rakenne a Private Message Click Here to Email Rakenne Find more posts by Rakenne Add Rakenne to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Cloud
UndeadNecromancer

My connection is always crap from Fileplanet. i used to be able to hit like 122-165KB\sec thru tribalwar.......

Fileplanet i only get like 22-45KB\sec.
I really dont mind, but Al is right, im personally in NY, and tribalwar is based closer.

But im not gonna be greedy, but i will be considerate. If people are getting better connections with fileplanet, its fine by me. waiting an extra 3-8 minutes wont kill me.

Video Being Fixed
Whoever b0rked my sig, don't56k'ers, don't try ^_^ | no more plugin dl!

Cloud is offline Old Post 03-20-2001 07:25 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Cloud Click here to Send Cloud a Private Message Find more posts by Cloud Add Cloud to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JeremyIrons
Tribes RPG Creator

Stop talking and do what Alaric asked you to do.

ping ftp2.gamespy.com > c:\networkdata.txt
tracert ftp2.gamespy.com >> c:\networkdata.txt
ping www.tribalwar.com >> c:\networkdata.txt
tracert www.tribalwar.com >> c:\networkdata.txt

JeremyIrons is offline Old Post 03-20-2001 05:04 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for JeremyIrons Click here to Send JeremyIrons a Private Message Visit JeremyIrons's homepage! Find more posts by JeremyIrons Add JeremyIrons to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JeremyIrons
Tribes RPG Creator

Or download this batch file that does it for you

Attachment: fp-tw.bat
This has been downloaded 6 time(s).

JeremyIrons is offline Old Post 03-20-2001 05:13 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for JeremyIrons Click here to Send JeremyIrons a Private Message Visit JeremyIrons's homepage! Find more posts by JeremyIrons Add JeremyIrons to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Deus_ex_Machina
God from Machine

*beep*

ok

-Deus ex Machina JI's l33t music for those lonely scripting nights

Happy Snake

Tribes stuff

onLoad=type_text()>

Last edited by Deus_ex_Machina on 03-21-2001 at 08:16 AM

Deus_ex_Machina is offline Old Post 03-20-2001 07:57 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Deus_ex_Machina Click here to Send Deus_ex_Machina a Private Message Click Here to Email Deus_ex_Machina Visit Deus_ex_Machina's homepage! Find more posts by Deus_ex_Machina Add Deus_ex_Machina to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JeremyIrons
Tribes RPG Creator

no it's with a >

> means dump to a file
>> means dump to a file but append

JeremyIrons is offline Old Post 03-21-2001 05:35 AM