Profile  Register  Calendar  Memberlist  FAQ  Search Home  
Tribes RPG Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.0.3 Tribes RPG Forums > Misc > Contributors Forum > Idea: New weapon requirments.
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Dragoon
GoblinWizard

This might sound weird but I suggest making weapon and/or armor requirments higher, only with endurance and weapon skills.

Guys, hear me out, the reason being is someone buys a claymore at lvl 33 and then the rest of playing from lvl 33 - 101 is same weapon.
This makes it so all items are NOT bought or used, I mean why buy a halberd when you can wait a few lvls and buy a claymore, get my drift, just an idea!

Feedback....

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Dragoon is offline Old Post 03-16-2001 05:06 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Dragoon Click here to Send Dragoon a Private Message Click Here to Email Dragoon Find more posts by Dragoon Add Dragoon to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Vectrex
Quest Master

True, the weapon numbers need work. I've only used about 20% of the weapons and i've never been past level 55 or so, so i'm not sure i can help much here.

I encourage anyone who has played through to remort to try and work out the weapon numbers for the class they played. Or at least post what weapons you used and why you picked them over others.

Vectrex is offline Old Post 03-16-2001 05:33 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Vectrex Click here to Send Vectrex a Private Message Click Here to Email Vectrex Find more posts by Vectrex Add Vectrex to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dragoon
GoblinWizard

Ya, it does kind of suck, I enjoy buying new weapons to get stronger but then I realize the next hour I just passed the opportunity to buy two weapons

Dragoon is offline Old Post 03-16-2001 12:00 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Dragoon Click here to Send Dragoon a Private Message Click Here to Email Dragoon Find more posts by Dragoon Add Dragoon to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Vectrex
Quest Master

Well, part of it is that the weapons are so expensive that its really worth it to skip a few. Maybe if the requirements were spread out more, it wouldnt be that way.

Vectrex is offline Old Post 03-16-2001 02:13 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Vectrex Click here to Send Vectrex a Private Message Click Here to Email Vectrex Find more posts by Vectrex Add Vectrex to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JeremyIrons
Tribes RPG Creator

Go ahead and suggest... i'm listening

JeremyIrons is offline Old Post 03-16-2001 05:49 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for JeremyIrons Click here to Send JeremyIrons a Private Message Visit JeremyIrons's homepage! Find more posts by JeremyIrons Add JeremyIrons to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Mir

I bought a hatchet on level one.
I killed and killed and killed until I was around level 20, went to den (back when you could trap travellers) killed one, got a rusty longsword, and used that until I could afford to smith it.

I use the longsword until level 40, when I mined enough money for a Claymore

thats some crazy weapon skipping.

About the only thing I can think of, is to jack up the power of the enemies.

Spread the armors out a bit more, and give the armors and weapons HIGHER defense and attack values, but make the enemies equally more powerful.

so in the long run, me with scalemail and a claymore, percentage wise, will still deal and take roughly the same amage from a traveller as I do now, just the numbers will be larger.

This way if you DONT upgrade to new weapons and armor fairly quickly, you get your ass beat down, or you stay somewhere, where your pathetic gear keeps you alive....but you get no XP.

I dunno..
just a thought.

Plus, psychologically, people like to see higher numbers.
if you have an enemy with 1000 life, and the player does 100 damage, they're like yay... 100 damage!

but if you have an enemy with 10000 life, and the player does 1000 damage, the player is like WHOAH! 1000 damage! Yeah I'm buff! Woohoo!

Get my drift?

The only problem I can forsee, is that this will possibly really unbalance things at first, where for the most part, we've reached a balance right now.

okay me shut up now.

Old Post 03-16-2001 06:43 PM
Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
-SB-SirSteven
UberFuffian

I usually don't buy much because Clerics can get O Casting once they get to travs den... So...

I play with a Club from level 1-10 or so and either get a Spiked Club or a Mace.

Then i use that until i can afford a WarMual. And thats all for the weapons...

And Armor... I usually buy PaddedArmor at level 2 then keep that for a long time... till i go to the Den. Then buy Splint or Brig or something.

Use that until i can get FullPlate..

Thats my Equiptment...

-SB-SirSteven is offline Old Post 03-16-2001 07:58 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for -SB-SirSteven Click here to Send -SB-SirSteven a Private Message Click Here to Email -SB-SirSteven Visit -SB-SirSteven's homepage! Find more posts by -SB-SirSteven Add -SB-SirSteven to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Zelgadis
MinotaurReaper

i always use cleric, i generally buy a club and kill goblins untill i can kill a gnoll for his spiked club. then once i have the cash for a mace i buy that.

sometime later i buy spikedleather, then flail,then bronzeplate, then maul, then fullplate.

many of the weapons seem rather worthless.
if the itemlimit maxes anymore id reccomend removing weapons no one has ever used, like gladius.

Zelgadis is offline Old Post 03-16-2001 09:49 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Zelgadis Click here to Send Zelgadis a Private Message Click Here to Email Zelgadis Visit Zelgadis's homepage! Find more posts by Zelgadis Add Zelgadis to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote