Profile  Register  Calendar  Memberlist  FAQ  Search Home  
Tribes RPG Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.0.3 Tribes RPG Forums > Misc > Contributors Forum > Balancing weapons
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post New Thread    Post A Reply
JeremyIrons
Tribes RPG Creator

Ok I just wrote a solid parser that dumps all the weapon info out of weapons.cs

I am attaching the out.txt file, and I'd like you all to take a stab at rebalancing this. I will be writing a parser that will take these settings back into Tribes RPG format.

I will be trying to rebalance this as well.

Print it out and play around with it on paper... feel free to slash some weapons out, as there are alot of useless ones there. If you remove a lot, be sure to add some good ones back in.

The whole point of this is to balance it properly. After weapons, I'll get crackin' on armors.

Attachment: out.txt
This has been downloaded 75 time(s).

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

JeremyIrons is offline Old Post 03-22-2001 09:11 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for JeremyIrons Click here to Send JeremyIrons a Private Message Visit JeremyIrons's homepage! Find more posts by JeremyIrons Add JeremyIrons to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JeremyIrons
Tribes RPG Creator

That's cool Deus, but please stick to the topic

JeremyIrons is offline Old Post 03-22-2001 11:21 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for JeremyIrons Click here to Send JeremyIrons a Private Message Visit JeremyIrons's homepage! Find more posts by JeremyIrons Add JeremyIrons to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Vectrex
Quest Master

would it be too hard to throw some endlines in there so you could actually read it?

Vectrex is offline Old Post 03-22-2001 11:45 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Vectrex Click here to Send Vectrex a Private Message Click Here to Email Vectrex Find more posts by Vectrex Add Vectrex to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JeremyIrons
Tribes RPG Creator

? vectrex, try using notepad or something normal...

here's a version with EVERY item and spell in it. This parser is really powerful, i might release it to the public so they can put their custom items into text format

Let me know if you find something strange. I can't check every line of it for problems

Attachment: out.txt
This has been downloaded 32 time(s).

JeremyIrons is offline Old Post 03-23-2001 09:05 PM
Toaster
Master of Toast

I didn't make changes, but I went through the weapons list and calculated damage per second* of every melee weapon. Looking at the file can help show where balancing changes can be made.

*ATK/delay

Attachment: weapons.txt
This has been downloaded 19 time(s).

Toaster

Read The Newbie Guide!

Toaster is offline Old Post 03-24-2001 03:38 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Toaster Click here to Send Toaster a Private Message Click Here to Email Toaster Visit Toaster's homepage! Find more posts by Toaster Add Toaster to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
-SB-SirSteven
UberFuffian

Hmmm.... Looks like all them thingz suck =]

I only have one suggestion and its for Piercing:
Remove the Knife and replace it with the Dagger but don't change the ATK for the Dagger. ... maybe change the price though.

And... Do we really need a WarHammer? We have a WarMual... and it looks like the Morning Star is a bit better... bleah i dunno

-SB-SirSteven is offline Old Post 03-24-2001 06:19 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for -SB-SirSteven Click here to Send -SB-SirSteven a Private Message Click Here to Email -SB-SirSteven Visit -SB-SirSteven's homepage! Find more posts by -SB-SirSteven Add -SB-SirSteven to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TridentRX
TravellerPaladin

Lightbulb

I have been thinking this for a while now and i think it is possible.

Rusty...

We can probably eliminate these entirely. In tribes RPG's inventory you have headers like, armor, weapon, missilanious, ammo. Maybe we can add one called rusty and add a flag to the wheapon's to say if it is rusty or not. If it is it is placed in the 'Rusty' catagory and the wheapons attack is like 2\3 of what it would be if it was non rusty.

If weapon is smithed it just turns the rusty flag to 'false' and it is moved into the weapon catagory. This might be difficult to code but i beleive this could work. This way we can have rustys of all weapons and lower the amount of items in the game. Tell me if you follow.

Basicly we make a new catagory in the inventory called rusty where rusty weapons are put. Thus eliminateing some of the excess items.

TridentRX is offline Old Post 03-25-2001 04:18 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for TridentRX Click here to Send TridentRX a Private Message Click Here to Email TridentRX Find more posts by TridentRX Add TridentRX to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Vectrex
Quest Master

Trident, that wont work because the category is built into each item, so you cant just put stuff into whatever category you want.

Last edited by Vectrex on 03-25-2001 at 07:54 AM

Vectrex is offline Old Post 03-25-2001 04:37 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Vectrex Click here to Send Vectrex a Private Message Click Here to Email Vectrex Find more posts by Vectrex Add Vectrex to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Toaster
Master of Toast

I tried balancing them with respect to ATK/Delay.

I also included the new ATK/Delay values.

Attachment: out.zip
This has been downloaded 1 time(s).

Toaster

Read The Newbie Guide!

Toaster is offline Old Post 03-28-2001 10:03 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Toaster Click here to Send Toaster a Private Message Click Here to Email Toaster Visit Toaster's homepage! Find more posts by Toaster Add Toaster to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JeremyIrons
Tribes RPG Creator

oh no... dude... i should have closed this thread off

i took ALL of yesterday and redid the weapons armors etc... i even wrote a GenerateItemCost function...

thanks for the work you did Toaster... but I already took care of it...

I'm going to release soon after I'm done testing. These changes almost require a quick beta test...

JeremyIrons is offline Old Post 03-29-2001 06:13 PM
Mir

Mmmm beta.....

Mmmm doughnut.....
*munchmunchmunch*

Old Post 03-29-2001 09:22 PM
Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Toaster
Master of Toast

It's ok. Balance=good.

Toaster

Read The Newbie Guide!

Toaster is offline Old Post 03-29-2001 09:45 PM