Profile  Register  Calendar  Memberlist  FAQ  Search Home  
Tribes RPG Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.0.3 Tribes RPG Forums > Misc > Contributors Forum > New armours
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Lone_Predator
T1RPG Skinner

New Armours/Monster/Weapons

Hey all, im the sort of new skiner guy here and I need a list of armours to make... [edit] this includes monster and new weapons[/edit]

So far i have done:

The Zombie skin (male?)
Ring Mail (male/female)
Brigadine (male/female)

and I would apreachiate more ideas.... ya know to keep me busy and all

Of course feel free to see the skins Ive done for RPG on my site http://www.planettribes.com/Lone_Pred/ and my skins from the Star Wars TC and Goldeneye TC under the skins section.

If you do hvae a suggestion PLEASE incluse a small referance picture of that armour/monster/weapon in your post, I have a really good site for finding most armours now, but some of them may not be listed...

Thanks all....

http://www.planettribes.com/Lone_Pred/

Last edited by Lone_Predator on 03-28-2001 at 05:29 AM

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Lone_Predator is offline Old Post 03-24-2001 02:33 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Lone_Predator Click here to Send Lone_Predator a Private Message Click Here to Email Lone_Predator Visit Lone_Predator's homepage! Find more posts by Lone_Predator Add Lone_Predator to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Zelgadis
MinotaurReaper

how about a real nice heavy armor thing, so that feildplate and bronze and keldrinarmor dont ahve the same base.

Zelgadis is offline Old Post 03-24-2001 04:50 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Zelgadis Click here to Send Zelgadis a Private Message Click Here to Email Zelgadis Visit Zelgadis's homepage! Find more posts by Zelgadis Add Zelgadis to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
-SB-SirSteven
UberFuffian

Do you mean bulk up the plate armor models? Hmmm..

-SB-SirSteven is offline Old Post 03-24-2001 06:22 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for -SB-SirSteven Click here to Send -SB-SirSteven a Private Message Click Here to Email -SB-SirSteven Visit -SB-SirSteven's homepage! Find more posts by -SB-SirSteven Add -SB-SirSteven to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Aleman
OgreDreadnought

I'm sorry.. but the faces are really out of character for the game.. if those were to change, then it would be cool - but to have a few like that and more like they are now would be too strange. The faces have to be all one or all the other.

Aleman is offline Old Post 03-24-2001 09:46 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Aleman Click here to Send Aleman a Private Message Click Here to Email Aleman Find more posts by Aleman Add Aleman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Arthur
MinotaurGoliath

yes i agree with aleman it would look silly, and i think we need a Admin armor, the base one looks cool but it would be really sweet if it got changed, and maybe be medium not heavy..

King Arthur

Level:250
Remort:16
Class:Paladin/Knight
Race:Human
House Fenyar Website

Arthur is offline Old Post 03-25-2001 03:05 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Arthur Click here to Send Arthur a Private Message Click Here to Email Arthur Find more posts by Arthur Add Arthur to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TridentRX
TravellerPaladin

hmmm

Do you think it is possible to make all skins have boots? So you can tell if someone has them equipped or not. I can do it if you send me all the armors in .bmp.

TridentRX is offline Old Post 03-25-2001 04:07 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for TridentRX Click here to Send TridentRX a Private Message Click Here to Email TridentRX Find more posts by TridentRX Add TridentRX to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Lone_Predator
T1RPG Skinner

Question ?

All my skins for RPG have boots on them (leather ones not shiny black)

and those faces were done by the teams' other skinner, Netstalker, talk with him about it, he and JI just told me to put em on so i've done that, they add a nice flare, although personally from what i've seen of RPG they dont fit the mood =/

Lone_Predator is offline Old Post 03-25-2001 06:10 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Lone_Predator Click here to Send Lone_Predator a Private Message Click Here to Email Lone_Predator Visit Lone_Predator's homepage! Find more posts by Lone_Predator Add Lone_Predator to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Lone_Predator
T1RPG Skinner

Plus thats ALOT of skins to make boots for, it'd prolly add, about more megs to the game, if what ive heard is correct =/

BTW: as for that chet plate thing, referance shots are reallly incouraged

Lone_Predator is offline Old Post 03-25-2001 06:11 AM
tenabrae
RPG Lead Modeler

a site of links to pages on armor and armor making

armor

[url=http://www.planetstarsiege.com/trinity/]Trinity Armaments[/url]

[i]please note - because of the stupidity of people using flash animations in their signature files, i do not view them[/i]

tenabrae is offline Old Post 03-26-2001 01:15 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for tenabrae Click here to Send tenabrae a Private Message Visit tenabrae's homepage! Find more posts by tenabrae Add tenabrae to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Lone_Predator
T1RPG Skinner

Ok i'll be frank,

I havent been able to play RPG yet becuase i have a somwhat slow computer,

therfor im not sure which armours are in, and which are needed or wanted by the public,

please, i havent skinned in 4 days, and im not getting much help from anyone =/

although i do apreachiate the site

Lone_Predator is offline Old Post 03-27-2001 09:18 AM
~SadFriend~
Emerald Archer

Make more robes with different colors..

Like a silver one.. a golden one...

Maybe one that shines(?)

I've seen a skin that looks like its shining in another MOD... but that must have taken weeks..

Attached is a pic of the white robe...

Not only could you change the colors, but maybe even add some effects to it.. Perhaps a little Heraldic Crest or something?

I personally think the robed model is very good right now, don't change the basis of it, just give it some special effects.

~SadFriend~ is offline Old Post 03-27-2001 08:57 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for ~SadFriend~ Click here to Send ~SadFriend~ a Private Message Click Here to Email ~SadFriend~ Find more posts by ~SadFriend~ Add ~SadFriend~ to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Zelgadis
MinotaurReaper

i mean the keldrinarmor and feildplate and bronzeplate are all the same skin, but the colors are different... if they could be made slithly different......

i want a dark green robe!!!!

Zelgadis is offline Old Post 03-27-2001 09:48 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Zelgadis Click here to Send Zelgadis a Private Message Click Here to Email Zelgadis Visit Zelgadis's homepage! Find more posts by Zelgadis Add Zelgadis to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Lone_Predator
T1RPG Skinner

Skins/ models

I make the skins FOR the models/ i dont edit the models what so ever, thats angle kill's job

I could do another robe, but its just so simple...

I mean... do you want a new armour to get in the game to wear, which is like, ringmail, or breast plate or what not,

look around at some sites tell me and show me any armours you think are COOL and should be in RPG, tell me what kind of damage they should be able to take (do armours take damage in this TC?) and what level you should have to be to wear it ect... (or do you start off with one skin from level 1 - ???(100?)

What monsters do you want? Do you want an oger or somthing? (somthing human like so it'll fit on somthing like a basic tribes light-heavy model, we can edit it to make it more like the monster)

Im desprate for some sort of skin to make, even a new weapon, like a red sword, to go on the current model, but its fire based and does 30% more damage than a normal sword, and decreases health when in use by 15%

=)

Lone_Predator is offline Old Post 03-28-2001 05:25 AM
Mir

If ya just make skins....
why ask for all the stats?
Are you going to edit all teh item files and blah blah blah?
or do you just want to skin?

I'm not trying to shun you, Skins are great, and we need them, I'm just saying, what do you NEED to know?

I can think up a storm, and I can do a little editing myself...

I've been playing with the code a little, and I'm starting to get how things work.. sorta...

Anyways, my point is, if you need suggestions, I can give you suggestions, but I dont want to go through the trouble of thinking up all of the stats for each new skin, and then have you turn around and ask us to implement those stats too, if thats the way it is, I'll just think up the stats as I code them, then give you the code blocks

Anyway, as you mentioned ringmail, I think a well done ringmail suit would be perfect!

and if you could, make a devil skin for me...
I'm working on a spell, they're not easy to code, and I need a decent looking devil skin.

Maybe use the medium armor, as a devil should be rather large, give him like a black robe or something...
or do whatever you want, I'm not one to tell an artist how to do his work.

Anyway... I'll shut muh yap now.

Old Post 03-28-2001 08:27 AM
Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Lone_Predator
T1RPG Skinner

I ment, if i make a weapon, i may has well have stats for it to give to JI to code in

I made a ringmail skin

the skins' pants is not final nor is the face as it is not mine, we are stamping out final details on that stuff

A devil skin? A cape would have to be added onto the model, and have little horns, i'd prolly have to get angle kill to work on a model, it would be a cool monster...

Good idea (would the devil be for personal use or can the rpg use it too?)

Last edited by Lone_Predator on 03-29-2001 at 07:20 AM

Lone_Predator is offline Old Post 03-29-2001 07:06 AM
DeathMerchant
UberSloth

Hmm, could a mino model be used for the devil? they have horns...

Also, if we were to have like some sort of dragonarmor, it would be cool. Green, I would assume. :-)

Tell me what you think...

Gear:twin f14 courier spacecrafts, everything you could possibly want, except badges. Will pay 1.5 mil for exp badge.

Middle Earth, level 5 Admin.

Mystic Demon RPG, level 4 Admin.

DeathMerchant is offline Old Post 04-01-2001 04:55 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for DeathMerchant Click here to Send DeathMerchant a Private Message Click Here to Email DeathMerchant Find more posts by DeathMerchant Add DeathMerchant to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Lone_Predator
T1RPG Skinner

Me and I are negotiating on this,

we are using the menitar model, prolly be on the undead team,

using this skin...

Attachment: rpg-demon.jpg
This has been downloaded 12 time(s).

Lone_Predator is offline Old Post 04-02-2001 05:16 AM
JeremyIrons
Tribes RPG Creator

http://dynamic.gamespy.com/~rpg/sho...=&threadid=1188

JeremyIrons is offline Old Post 04-02-2001 06:03 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for JeremyIrons Click here to Send JeremyIrons a Private Message Visit JeremyIrons's homepage! Find more posts by JeremyIrons Add JeremyIrons to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Lone_Predator
T1RPG Skinner

Exclamation

Oh.. your good

Im not even totally finished making him.. menacing, and you hvae him in game, lol

Lone_Predator is offline Old Post 04-02-2001 06:07 AM