Profile  Register  Calendar  Memberlist  FAQ  Search Home  
Tribes RPG Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.0.3 Tribes RPG Forums > Misc > Contributors Forum > i think... we need a faster mining weap
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post New Thread    Post A Reply
UnitedFury
GnollShaman

it could need at least remort lvl 1 and like... 800 piercing (or bludge or whatever)

... and have a 0.3 sec delay or something, i think that would liven up mining a bit...

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

UnitedFury is offline Old Post 03-17-2001 10:34 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for UnitedFury Click here to Send UnitedFury a Private Message Find more posts by UnitedFury Add UnitedFury to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MadForIt
GoblinThief

Hmmm i like the sound of that !! =D

MadForIt is offline Old Post 03-17-2001 11:21 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for MadForIt Click here to Send MadForIt a Private Message Click Here to Email MadForIt Find more posts by MadForIt Add MadForIt to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
PaladinPimp
TravellerPaladin

i think the requirement should be mining instead of slashing

and 1 or 0.8 sec would be better, the current is 1.5

PaladinPimp is offline Old Post 03-17-2001 02:18 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for PaladinPimp Click here to Send PaladinPimp a Private Message Click Here to Email PaladinPimp Find more posts by PaladinPimp Add PaladinPimp to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Toaster
Master of Toast

The current one is fast enough. If you're not willing to work for goodies, you don't deserve them.

"Good things come to those who wait."

Toaster

Read The Newbie Guide!

Toaster is offline Old Post 03-17-2001 03:02 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Toaster Click here to Send Toaster a Private Message Click Here to Email Toaster Visit Toaster's homepage! Find more posts by Toaster Add Toaster to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Zelgadis
MinotaurReaper

clicking for hours(even scripted) is not work toaster. the delay should be tweaked just so that it steadys the economy. maybe 1.3 or something so people get coins but not too fast.

Zelgadis is offline Old Post 03-17-2001 05:16 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Zelgadis Click here to Send Zelgadis a Private Message Click Here to Email Zelgadis Visit Zelgadis's homepage! Find more posts by Zelgadis Add Zelgadis to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Toaster
Master of Toast

It's fine as is. Just use an autoswing bind (NOT auto move back and forth) and chat with your friends a while.

Toaster

Read The Newbie Guide!

Toaster is offline Old Post 03-17-2001 05:27 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Toaster Click here to Send Toaster a Private Message Click Here to Email Toaster Visit Toaster's homepage! Find more posts by Toaster Add Toaster to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Zxqv8
TravellerThug

Make a smithing combo, this is better than i originally came up with

New mining tool (pick a name yourself)
+Repeating Crossbow 1
+Pick Axe 5
+Hammer pick 1
+2 Gold
Slashing
Mining: 620
Atk 95
Range 3
Delay 1
Cost to smith 100000
Total Cost 150000

I dont think im missing anything, the mining restriction is so that only people who can reach the super crystal can use it. Its a slashing weapon because piercing and bludgeoning have thiers already, and the RepeatingXBow is in there because it has the lowest delay next to KeldriniteLS.

Sounds fair to me, what you think?

Zxqv8 is offline Old Post 03-17-2001 05:59 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Zxqv8 Click here to Send Zxqv8 a Private Message Click Here to Email Zxqv8 Visit Zxqv8's homepage! Find more posts by Zxqv8 Add Zxqv8 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
-SB-SirSteven
UberFuffian

Why does everything have to be slashing?

Bleah

-SB-SirSteven is offline Old Post 03-17-2001 06:01 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for -SB-SirSteven Click here to Send -SB-SirSteven a Private Message Click Here to Email -SB-SirSteven Visit -SB-SirSteven's homepage! Find more posts by -SB-SirSteven Add -SB-SirSteven to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Zxqv8
TravellerThug

It doesn't take slashing requirement, it takes mining requirement, its just a slashing weapon because there is a mining weapon for bludge and pierce already. Look at my post, i wrote it there, see?

Zxqv8 is offline Old Post 03-17-2001 06:06 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Zxqv8 Click here to Send Zxqv8 a Private Message Click Here to Email Zxqv8 Visit Zxqv8's homepage! Find more posts by Zxqv8 Add Zxqv8 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Toaster
Master of Toast

He didn't say slashing requirement...

Toaster

Read The Newbie Guide!

Toaster is offline Old Post 03-17-2001 06:07 PM
Zxqv8
TravellerThug

Its just a weapon, whats wrong with it being slashing? would you rather it be mining?

Zxqv8 is offline Old Post 03-17-2001 06:08 PM
-SB-SirSteven
UberFuffian

I'm just being a dumb little Cleric Boy.

-SB-SirSteven is offline Old Post 03-17-2001 06:17 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for -SB-SirSteven Click here to Send -SB-SirSteven a Private Message Click Here to Email -SB-SirSteven Visit -SB-SirSteven's homepage! Find more posts by -SB-SirSteven Add -SB-SirSteven to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Toaster
Master of Toast

quote:
Originally posted by -SB-SirSteven
I'm just being a dumb little Cleric Boy.

It's ok Steve, just keep us fighters healed.

d=

Toaster

Read The Newbie Guide!

Toaster is offline Old Post 03-17-2001 06:18 PM
-SB-SirSteven
UberFuffian

Aye Aye Toaster

*Mumbles ill just beam your sorry ass and run like hell*

-SB-SirSteven is offline Old Post 03-17-2001 06:21 PM
Toaster
Master of Toast

Remember last time we dueled?

Toaster

Read The Newbie Guide!

Toaster is offline Old Post 03-17-2001 06:23 PM
-SB-SirSteven
UberFuffian

I had WWs on you had paws... couldnt run like hell too fast =]

-SB-SirSteven is offline Old Post 03-17-2001 06:24 PM
-SB-SirSteven
UberFuffian

You'll meet my Bishop boy when JI puts up his server... >=]

-SB-SirSteven is offline Old Post 03-17-2001 06:25 PM
-SB-SirSteven
UberFuffian

Miner's Axe eh...?

Hmmm... Why an axe? why not like a drill? =]

-SB-SirSteven is offline Old Post 03-17-2001 06:27 PM
Rakenne
GnollHunter

Ok, drill. You make the skin Stevie?

Rakenne is offline Old Post 03-17-2001 06:36 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Rakenne Click here to Send Rakenne a Private Message Click Here to Email Rakenne Find more posts by Rakenne Add Rakenne to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Toaster
Master of Toast

We don't need a faster miner...

Toaster

Read The Newbie Guide!

Toaster is offline Old Post 03-17-2001 06:46 PM
-SB-SirSteven
UberFuffian

I agree with toasty.

-SB-SirSteven is offline Old Post 03-17-2001 07:51 PM
Rakenne
GnollHunter

We need more entertaining mining. I think that every time you took a swing at the crystal it would tell #globally a good joke. This would add entertaiment and would be fun especially when about 4-5 people are mining.

Rakenne is offline Old Post 03-17-2001 07:53 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Rakenne Click here to Send Rakenne a Private Message Click Here to Email Rakenne Find more posts by Rakenne Add Rakenne to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Toaster
Master of Toast

Hmmmm assuming 5 miners at 1.5 swings/sec, that's a bit over 3 globals a second, hmm that wouldn't spam the server!

Toaster

Read The Newbie Guide!

Toaster is offline Old Post 03-17-2001 08:15 PM
Rakenne
GnollHunter

Ok, Let start collecting the jokes so Ji can put them in the next update.

Rakenne is offline Old Post 03-17-2001 08:23 PM
Gul'Dar
TravellerThug

Only (real) newbies could ever want a faster mining tool...I must say that I agree with stevie and toaster... quit whinin and mine with a damn pick axe! There is NO better feeling in knowing that you mined for 2 days for that Full Plate =) A faster mining tool will not help you in any way as you would be instantly pk'd for it. I think you guys post some good ideas once in a while, but come on... can't we just be happy w/ what we have?

Class: Paladin
Level: 104
Remort: 1
Admin Level: 2 (Guide)
-----------------------------------------------

Gul'Dar is offline Old Post 03-19-2001 10:08 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Gul'Dar Click here to Send Gul'Dar a Private Message Click Here to Email Gul'Dar Visit Gul'Dar's homepage! Find more posts by Gul'Dar Add Gul'Dar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rakenne
GnollHunter

gul'Dar you are a funny guy sometimes can you think good jokes for the entertaiment part of the mining?

Rakenne is offline Old Post 03-19-2001 01:15 PM
Mir

Whens the last time you used your pick as a weapon?

Old Post 03-19-2001 09:58 PM
Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Zxqv8
TravellerThug

When i was training endurance and a goblinthief annoyed me.

Zxqv8 is offline Old Post 03-20-2001 05:13 AM
Cloud
UndeadNecromancer

well, the mining right now is fine to me. i dont think it should be changed at all. but.......

Why not make the Hammer Pick like an Advanced version of the Pick Axe. instead of it being a buldgeing weapon, just make it a mining weapon with like a requirement of 300 skill, and give it better mining properties, maybe like 1/100 you get keldrinite or something. but the speed for mining and the way it is now is fine.

Video Being Fixed
Whoever b0rked my sig, don't56k'ers, don't try ^_^ | no more plugin dl!

Cloud is offline Old Post 03-20-2001 08:57 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Cloud Click here to Send Cloud a Private Message Find more posts by Cloud Add Cloud to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
blink
TravellerPaladin

like i herd someone say we need a JACKHAMMER now that would be cool

[img]http://www.insanepictures.com/pictures/0438.jpg[/img]

blink is offline Old Post 03-20-2001 09:10 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for blink Click here to Send blink a Private Message Click Here to Email blink Find more posts by blink Add blink to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote