Profile  Register  Calendar  Memberlist  FAQ  Search Home  
Tribes RPG Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.0.3 Tribes RPG Forums > Misc > Contributors Forum > #anon
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Orion_613
GoblinThief

hmm when i use

say(0, "#anon all 1 hello");

from a script i get

[ANON] : hello

which i like because it resembles #gm, however when i use it ingame just by typing in
#anon all 1 hello
i get

[ANON] MyName: hello

.. is it supposed to be diff? i prefer the one without my name ther .. its more secretive like #gm and works better for smurfing.. i was nujst windering why it works diff like that and if u would consider making it work so it doesnt show the persons name, otherwise its not very anonimous :/

The Road To Hell Is Paved With Good Intentions

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Orion_613 is offline Old Post 03-18-2001 01:23 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Orion_613 Click here to Send Orion_613 a Private Message Click Here to Email Orion_613 Find more posts by Orion_613 Add Orion_613 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JeremyIrons
Tribes RPG Creator

You see [ANON] and your name, but other non-admin users don't.

This is to prevent multiple admins from confusing who is sending which ANON message.

So, in short, an admin can see who is sending an #anon.

JeremyIrons is offline Old Post 03-18-2001 07:04 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for JeremyIrons Click here to Send JeremyIrons a Private Message Visit JeremyIrons's homepage! Find more posts by JeremyIrons Add JeremyIrons to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rakenne
GnollHunter

Non-admins can see the name too. I saw it today on NQ when SilverHorse and Deus_Ex_Machina were testing.

Rakenne is offline Old Post 03-18-2001 07:49 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Rakenne Click here to Send Rakenne a Private Message Click Here to Email Rakenne Find more posts by Rakenne Add Rakenne to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GoldenFlight
Mother Lode

yup we all did.

GoldenFlight

Level:90
Remort:1
Class:Necro/Death Minion
Race:Elf
House Fenyar Website

GoldenFlight is offline Old Post 03-18-2001 08:47 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for GoldenFlight Click here to Send GoldenFlight a Private Message Click Here to Email GoldenFlight Find more posts by GoldenFlight Add GoldenFlight to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
-SB-REDXIII.
ZombieThrasher

well i know when #gm was in i use to type #defaulttalk #gm -SB-REDXIII Sends a GM msg:
and then it would say -SB-REDXIII Sends a GM msg: bla bla bla so people would know it was me
maybe they did they same thing with #anon when you were there

-SB-REDXIII. is offline Old Post 03-18-2001 08:50 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for -SB-REDXIII. Click here to Send -SB-REDXIII. a Private Message Click Here to Email -SB-REDXIII. Find more posts by -SB-REDXIII. Add -SB-REDXIII. to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rakenne
GnollHunter

They didn't do it as they were testing it and every message contained their names. thy only did #anon i'm a powerful and abusive admin buhahahahaha.

Rakenne is offline Old Post 03-18-2001 08:57 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Rakenne Click here to Send Rakenne a Private Message Click Here to Email Rakenne Find more posts by Rakenne Add Rakenne to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Orion_613
GoblinThief

they can all see the name to because i was smurfing and right after i did it i recived 5 #tell messages from people asking for free stuff and teleports even though i was using a name they hadnt seen before, and no one said anything to me until i used #anon

Orion_613 is offline Old Post 03-18-2001 09:06 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Orion_613 Click here to Send Orion_613 a Private Message Click Here to Email Orion_613 Find more posts by Orion_613 Add Orion_613 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JeremyIrons
Tribes RPG Creator

i believe i found the problem and it will be fixed in the next update

JeremyIrons is offline Old Post 03-18-2001 09:32 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for JeremyIrons Click here to Send JeremyIrons a Private Message Visit JeremyIrons's homepage! Find more posts by JeremyIrons Add JeremyIrons to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Deus_ex_Machina
God from Machine

quote:
Originally posted by Orion_613
they can all see the name to because i was smurfing and right after i did it i recived 5 #tell messages from people asking for free stuff and teleports even though i was using a name they hadnt seen before, and no one said anything to me until i used #anon

LOL

JI maybe a new cmd to mute all #tells? heheh

-Deus ex Machina JI's l33t music for those lonely scripting nights

Happy Snake

Tribes stuff

onLoad=type_text()>

Deus_ex_Machina is offline Old Post 03-18-2001 09:32 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Deus_ex_Machina Click here to Send Deus_ex_Machina a Private Message Click Here to Email Deus_ex_Machina Visit Deus_ex_Machina's homepage! Find more posts by Deus_ex_Machina Add Deus_ex_Machina to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JeremyIrons
Tribes RPG Creator

it's called #beg

JeremyIrons is offline Old Post 03-18-2001 09:33 PM
Deus_ex_Machina
God from Machine

Oh yea I forgot about that one =)

Happy Snake

Tribes stuff

onLoad=type_text()>

Deus_ex_Machina is offline Old Post 03-18-2001 09:41 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Deus_ex_Machina Click here to Send Deus_ex_Machina a Private Message Click Here to Email Deus_ex_Machina Visit Deus_ex_Machina's homepage! Find more posts by Deus_ex_Machina Add Deus_ex_Machina to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Orion_613
GoblinThief

thanks ...so i no longer have to fear #beg kicking me?? YAY

Orion_613 is offline Old Post 03-18-2001 11:31 PM
SolarRPG
MinotaurReaper

What about quests that need just the #gm Message for bots etc... Know what I mean. Maybe keep gm and anon.

Solar

SolarRPG is offline Old Post 03-20-2001 03:56 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for SolarRPG Click here to Send SolarRPG a Private Message Find more posts by SolarRPG Add SolarRPG to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Orion_613
GoblinThief

do u mean like

Superman hit badguy for 99999 damage! (in red)
[GLBL]badguy: ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Orion_613 is offline Old Post 03-20-2001 05:05 AM
Arthur
MinotaurGoliath

he means alot of quests have #gm in them i have one quest that uses it 3 times, now its useless because #gm is gone.. i hope #gm gets added back

King Arthur

Level:250
Remort:16
Class:Paladin/Knight
Race:Human
House Fenyar Website

Arthur is offline Old Post 03-25-2001 05:28 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Arthur Click here to Send Arthur a Private Message Click Here to Email Arthur Find more posts by Arthur Add Arthur to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Deus_ex_Machina
God from Machine

#gm isn't coming back, change your quest to use #anon

Only admins see

[ANON] yourname : msg

Players just see

msg

Like gm

I think #anon is great cuz if theres 2 or more admins on, you will see which admin is useing #anon

Happy Snake

Tribes stuff

onLoad=type_text()>

Deus_ex_Machina is offline Old Post 03-25-2001 07:48 AM
Orion_613
GoblinThief

Yes #anon has been fixed and it works great .. i like being able to change the color . however the only thing i dont like (although not impotant) is i used to set my default talk to somekinda #gm <''./name\."> or whatever .. and make it look all pretty .. although THEY see it that way still it looks retarded to me :( .. heh but i cant really complain

Orion_613 is offline Old Post 03-25-2001 08:22 AM