Profile  Register  Calendar  Memberlist  FAQ  Search Home  
Tribes RPG Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.0.3 Tribes RPG Forums > Misc > Contributors Forum > New idea for TRPG base 5 update
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Gul'Dar
TravellerThug

JI was wondering if we could make the game a little more quest oriented......like in EQ say an enemy boss spawns like every 15 minutes or so, well maybe we could create boss spawns that carry unique quest items. Or if we are near the item limit, we could make some of the now in game items unique items that can be picked up once an enemy boss spawn drops their pack. I dunno, this just seems like a good idea for more town bots and more functionability throughout TRPG.

Class: Paladin
Level: 104
Remort: 1
Admin Level: 2 (Guide)
-----------------------------------------------

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Gul'Dar is offline Old Post 05-05-2001 08:32 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Gul'Dar Click here to Send Gul'Dar a Private Message Click Here to Email Gul'Dar Visit Gul'Dar's homepage! Find more posts by Gul'Dar Add Gul'Dar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GiB WaKeR
ZombieMauler

Cool

Causes camping if you do it that way... but I like the general idea...

Possible, on harder continents, there can be a rare bot or two that can spawn all over the island... (due to spawn spheres) which would allow the high level guys something to try and achieve by killing it, AND they get good new upgrade stuff.

Also, maybe have if you make the respawn time 5 - 24 hours it will make the killng (and item dropped) all the more enjoyable. And it can really be called a RARE.

GiB WaKeR is offline Old Post 05-05-2001 03:48 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for GiB WaKeR Click here to Send GiB WaKeR a Private Message Visit GiB WaKeR's homepage! Find more posts by GiB WaKeR Add GiB WaKeR to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Zelgadis
MinotaurReaper

guldar i think i hit the item limit on my server after adding like 6 items.

and it sucked because my new sword didnt work. so poof scalemail scalemail0 rdagger and rpickaxe were deleted.

Zelgadis is offline Old Post 05-05-2001 05:28 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Zelgadis Click here to Send Zelgadis a Private Message Click Here to Email Zelgadis Visit Zelgadis's homepage! Find more posts by Zelgadis Add Zelgadis to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Zxqv8
TravellerThug

I have just one thing to ask for:

Mass Dropping.

Many of us want to be able to drop say, 150 rubies when we are mining or something, I personally like getting purely sapphires at the happy crystal, I make more money like that. I suggest either working it like mass selling/buying, or doing fast dropping (Click 20 times really fast, you drop 20 things really fast).

Something along those lines, please.

Zxqv8 is offline Old Post 05-05-2001 06:18 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Zxqv8 Click here to Send Zxqv8 a Private Message Click Here to Email Zxqv8 Visit Zxqv8's homepage! Find more posts by Zxqv8 Add Zxqv8 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Toaster
Master of Toast

Dropping 150 items at once=lag.

Toaster

Read The Newbie Guide!

Toaster is offline Old Post 05-05-2001 06:34 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Toaster Click here to Send Toaster a Private Message Click Here to Email Toaster Visit Toaster's homepage! Find more posts by Toaster Add Toaster to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Deus_ex_Machina
God from Machine

dropping 150items into a pack=lag?

Deus_ex_Machina is offline Old Post 05-05-2001 06:36 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Deus_ex_Machina Click here to Send Deus_ex_Machina a Private Message Click Here to Email Deus_ex_Machina Visit Deus_ex_Machina's homepage! Find more posts by Deus_ex_Machina Add Deus_ex_Machina to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Toaster
Master of Toast

Pack, no.

On the ground, yes.

Toaster

Read The Newbie Guide!

Toaster is offline Old Post 05-05-2001 06:42 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Toaster Click here to Send Toaster a Private Message Click Here to Email Toaster Visit Toaster's homepage! Find more posts by Toaster Add Toaster to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Boxbanger
GnollShaman

Cool eq quests

EQ has the right idea about random powerful bots spawning, but camping came along when the bots spawned in same place every time. If the spawn sphere for the bot is HUGE then it is just a random spawn on map. There should be bots that spawn in same spot, and others that spawn randomly and wander.

Make the minimum spawn time 2 hours for rare bots. That way there will be rares, ultra rares (5 hours), and uber rares (10+hours). Mabye have Impossible Items (day spawns, say only at 6am est, and drop the items 1 out of 14 times). Don't make the bot drop it every time though. So people would have to kill the 15 hours spawn bot like 3 times to get the item.

One of my favorite bots in EQ is Varsoon. He is a lvl 20+ bot that spawns in a newbie area where there are lvl 5-15 players. Then when you kill him he come back as a lvl 30+ with a pet skeleton. So no one lvling there can kill him, they just have to run. Cause all the powerful people don't just stay in there group away from the new blood. They go all over the world. Don't make all the rare spawns all WAY OUT THERE, or just in the hardest zones. Make it a quest to get the final guy. Mabye transcontinental quests could be for really advanced players.

Boxbanger is offline Old Post 05-05-2001 07:26 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Boxbanger Click here to Send Boxbanger a Private Message Click Here to Email Boxbanger Find more posts by Boxbanger Add Boxbanger to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
PaladinPimp
TravellerPaladin

i used to spend many happy days lagging xaeros server to hell and back by dropping 1000 packs that had 1 coin inside

lags even worse when you pick them all up at once

we should be able to mass sell things to create pack

PaladinPimp is offline Old Post 05-05-2001 09:41 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for PaladinPimp Click here to Send PaladinPimp a Private Message Click Here to Email PaladinPimp Find more posts by PaladinPimp Add PaladinPimp to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Postal_Service
UndeadSkeleton

Boxbangers idea is pretty good but This does cause a problem. Say a boss bot spawns in the mines, and there are no high levels on the server. What do the low lvls do? It would work out nicely in theory, but I think that the quests should be left to the admins on the server, or the server owners. Quests could be provided to the admins that do not know how to quest well.

(oh and by the way, I recently noticed I was capable of posting on the private forums, does that mean I am invited to do so? If not tell me now and I will not post here until officially invited to do so.)

Postal_Service is offline Old Post 05-05-2001 10:22 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Postal_Service Click here to Send Postal_Service a Private Message Click Here to Email Postal_Service Find more posts by Postal_Service Add Postal_Service to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Toaster
Master of Toast

If you can now post here, someone up high decided he liked you.

Consider yourself l33t.

Toaster

Read The Newbie Guide!

Toaster is offline Old Post 05-05-2001 10:28 PM
Gul'Dar
TravellerThug

second idea for this original idea on this thread..

maybe we could create another map on top of RPG5mission map and seclude that map only for the levels that can only be reached by teleport eg: Mino Lair, Uber Zone, Travs Den... I mean would this not reduce the amount of lag if the two maps were to be far apart?

Gul'Dar is offline Old Post 05-05-2001 10:51 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Gul'Dar Click here to Send Gul'Dar a Private Message Click Here to Email Gul'Dar Visit Gul'Dar's homepage! Find more posts by Gul'Dar Add Gul'Dar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Zelgadis
MinotaurReaper

to keep lag down keep the new map out of range of rendering vision.. a few thousand units up would work. but players still ahve a lot to load when joining the server. might as well keep the continents separate.

Zelgadis is offline Old Post 05-05-2001 11:06 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Zelgadis Click here to Send Zelgadis a Private Message Click Here to Email Zelgadis Visit Zelgadis's homepage! Find more posts by Zelgadis Add Zelgadis to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DeathMerchant
UberSloth

May as well have the different continents on different servers...It'll keep the load time down.

Yes, we need random spawns, as well as fairly specific spawns. Keep in mind that the concept of a spawn sphere means you can also make psedo-random spawning, ie, this bot only spawns on this half of the continent. A little creative mapping should be able to make a newbie only area. I really don't see problems with a few high lev roaming bots anyhow.... people need to learn to run now and then.They also need to get used to conning bots before attacking.

For really, really good weapons make them spawn like once a month....

Gear:twin f14 courier spacecrafts, everything you could possibly want, except badges. Will pay 1.5 mil for exp badge.

Middle Earth, level 5 Admin.

Mystic Demon RPG, level 4 Admin.

DeathMerchant is offline Old Post 05-06-2001 12:07 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for DeathMerchant Click here to Send DeathMerchant a Private Message Click Here to Email DeathMerchant Find more posts by DeathMerchant Add DeathMerchant to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GiB WaKeR
ZombieMauler

Cool

Heh, a month is pushing it.

If I was to wait a f*cking month to get a weapon it better be the end-all and be all 2 million points of damage mofo weapon, codenamed: G.O.D On Stick

Top spawn should be a few days tops... max is probably 14, which would be the ultimate butt-spanker that requires 10 lvl 75+ to kill the bot that spawns with it.

Keep the rare stuff rare, and challenging to get, BUT also keep it easily accesible... its a double edged sword.

Toast: Hey! I say who's 1337 and who isn't!! MUWAHAHAHA =P

GiB WaKeR is offline Old Post 05-06-2001 04:34 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for GiB WaKeR Click here to Send GiB WaKeR a Private Message Visit GiB WaKeR's homepage! Find more posts by GiB WaKeR Add GiB WaKeR to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Gul'Dar
TravellerThug

quote:
Originally posted by Postal_Service
Boxbangers idea is pretty good but This does cause a problem. Say a boss bot spawns in the mines, and there are no high levels on the server. What do the low lvls do? It would work out nicely in theory, but I think that the quests should be left to the admins on the server, or the server owners. Quests could be provided to the admins that do not know how to quest well.

(oh and by the way, I recently noticed I was capable of posting on the private forums, does that mean I am invited to do so? If not tell me now and I will not post here until officially invited to do so.)

easy ass answer for you Postal, summed up in one word.......RUN! also another I dea I had would be to create elemental pets that automatically protect the master's LOS....I know where I can get a good wind elemental skin and there are also black skins I can get my hands on for like death elementals...just another idea

Gul'Dar is offline Old Post 05-06-2001 05:54 AM
Toaster
Master of Toast

Well, he's l33ter than those who can't.

Toaster

Read The Newbie Guide!

Toaster is offline Old Post 05-06-2001 06:06 AM
DeathMerchant
UberSloth

Pets/elemetals/minions would be a blast...no more than 1 per player, though, otherwise we could have severe lag problems....

If we make the special weapons so they never wear out, make them very rare, otherwise, make them a bit easier to get to.

DeathMerchant is offline Old Post 05-06-2001 04:58 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for DeathMerchant Click here to Send DeathMerchant a Private Message Click Here to Email DeathMerchant Find more posts by DeathMerchant Add DeathMerchant to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Zelgadis
MinotaurReaper

im gonna throw a hissy fit when my once in a month sword wears out.

Zelgadis is offline Old Post 05-06-2001 06:59 PM
DeathMerchant
UberSloth

LOL. Save it for PKing, then!

If they break, you have to make them more common, of it's just not worth it.

DeathMerchant is offline Old Post 05-06-2001 07:19 PM
Gul'Dar
TravellerThug

here's another idea then.....remort the weapon just as you would your own level....remorting weapons can be taken place at the merchant or somethin I dunno

Gul'Dar is offline Old Post 05-07-2001 12:08 AM