Profile  Register  Calendar  Memberlist  FAQ  Search Home  
Tribes RPG Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.0.3 Tribes RPG Forums > Misc > Contributors Forum > T2RPG design docs
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Mir

I think sanders meant that naming NPC's after real players is not such a great idea, since each server has its own 'community' and chancers are you're basicng the names after only people in YOUR community.

We was also threatening most of those people with Pkill death if they came to JI's server (I think)

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 04-10-2001 11:00 PM
Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Vectrex
Quest Master

Hmm. I think that creating weapon swing animations is the only way to go. We'd only need like 8 animations (if you include drawing weapons and shielding) and once you have the basic animations, you could make 100 weapons easily since you wouldnt have to animate them, or at least not very much. Of course this post us useless since they havent released the tools or player models yet. Which reminds me, new player models are going to have to be made before any skins, since the tribes 2 guys have all sorts of bumpy armor sticking out that couldnt really pass for a shirt no matter how much you skinned. hrmm...

Vectrex is offline Old Post 04-11-2001 02:48 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Vectrex Click here to Send Vectrex a Private Message Click Here to Email Vectrex Find more posts by Vectrex Add Vectrex to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Mir

... the new models eat ass for RPG style stuphs

hopefully conversting from .max to T2 models wont be hard.

Old Post 04-11-2001 06:31 AM
Vectrex
Quest Master

yeah hopefully.

Vectrex is offline Old Post 04-11-2001 07:55 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Vectrex Click here to Send Vectrex a Private Message Click Here to Email Vectrex Find more posts by Vectrex Add Vectrex to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Zelgadis
MinotaurReaper

i hope thopse are scalable. the arrow is as big as a claymore! and is that a cd??

Zelgadis is offline Old Post 04-11-2001 09:58 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Zelgadis Click here to Send Zelgadis a Private Message Click Here to Email Zelgadis Visit Zelgadis's homepage! Find more posts by Zelgadis Add Zelgadis to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Vectrex
Quest Master

Actually i scaled them quite carefully. The arrows are 36" long and 3/8" wide and the claymore is around 56" long, its quite realistic. The view is a little distorting, heres a top view:

The head of the arrow is a little large though, i'll fix that. And yes that is a cd. I dunno how that got in there, maybe its trancephyte :P

Vectrex is offline Old Post 04-11-2001 11:54 PM
JeremyIrons
Tribes RPG Creator

sounds like vectrex will be making some cash if t2rpg gets published

and btw it's "T2RPG: Ironsphere" now

also, coding is going along very fast, and i'm already mastering the T2 scripting language. The t1 rpg is almost all ported to t2, except models of course. For the time being, i'll be using the Blaster model for each weapon

this means that by the time i get a legal version of T2 (soon), i'll be able to release a crappy playable pre-alpha shortly after for all to find bugs.

JeremyIrons is offline Old Post 04-11-2001 11:59 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for JeremyIrons Click here to Send JeremyIrons a Private Message Visit JeremyIrons's homepage! Find more posts by JeremyIrons Add JeremyIrons to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SilverHorse
Banned

Hey JI just tell me if you need any of the other .vl2 files

SilverHorse is offline Old Post 04-12-2001 12:53 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for SilverHorse Click here to Send SilverHorse a Private Message Click Here to Email SilverHorse Find more posts by SilverHorse Add SilverHorse to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Vectrex
Quest Master

I think he has a complete copy of the game. Just no cd-key, so no online play.

Vectrex is offline Old Post 04-12-2001 01:16 AM
Mir

Yes.
I need the ***** that bought my car to ****ing pay me the rest of my money so I can buy T2 goddamnit

Old Post 04-12-2001 02:16 AM
PaladinPimp
TravellerPaladin

ji is the stadium/fc thing gonna take place of the arena for t2?

me and sanders have come up with alot of ideas for it

so will we have to tell ya sometime, I was thinking about a bad ass Coliseum for the fighting arena, but doesnt look like anyone would be up to making it.

for the betting system i have a couple sure fire ways from people cheating it.

PaladinPimp is offline Old Post 04-12-2001 09:03 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for PaladinPimp Click here to Send PaladinPimp a Private Message Click Here to Email PaladinPimp Find more posts by PaladinPimp Add PaladinPimp to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Deus_ex_Machina
God from Machine

Just an idea

When you die, anyone can take your pack. BUT

When you run over it, it puts you inv view with your stuff on one side and the dead victim's stuff on the other. So you have to take the items one by one and even can drop your own items into him/her. And maybe use like #takecoins [all] or 100 to take the money.

But now for the bots...maybe do that same thing if you can, but if they get attacked they stop looting and attack or something.

btw. you shouldn't be able to move or if you can move and get to far away it takes off the inv screen.

Deus_ex_Machina is offline Old Post 04-12-2001 09:16 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Deus_ex_Machina Click here to Send Deus_ex_Machina a Private Message Click Here to Email Deus_ex_Machina Visit Deus_ex_Machina's homepage! Find more posts by Deus_ex_Machina Add Deus_ex_Machina to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Zelgadis
MinotaurReaper

moving and takign away the inventory screen is a must, as fun as mining in the merchant screen is, its unrealistic.

i heard JI mention he made his own inventory system? well whatever that is can you make it so yopu can see the world aronud behind it? it would be great to be able to see badguys coming.

Zelgadis is offline Old Post 04-12-2001 10:18 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Zelgadis Click here to Send Zelgadis a Private Message Click Here to Email Zelgadis Visit Zelgadis's homepage! Find more posts by Zelgadis Add Zelgadis to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Mir

I think the Inventory range dealy is being dealt with already...

but I still would like to see the 'autoloot' playerflag added in T2..

basically if you have autoloot on (by default) you pick up any packs you run across.

if you have it OFF, you dont pick up packs unless you stand on them and type #getpack.

that way when you're fighting bots and you dont want the packs, you can just turn autoloot off.

Old Post 04-12-2001 10:21 PM
DeathMerchant
UberSloth

One thing I would love to see happen is the ability to construct houses and other buildings...

We would have to make them deployables(like tents currently are) and very expensive so they would not be everywhere, lagging server...

Ironsphere beta is going to look a lot like the original TRPG, what with the blasters and all.

Gear:twin f14 courier spacecrafts, everything you could possibly want, except badges. Will pay 1.5 mil for exp badge.

Middle Earth, level 5 Admin.

Mystic Demon RPG, level 4 Admin.

DeathMerchant is offline Old Post 04-13-2001 01:18 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for DeathMerchant Click here to Send DeathMerchant a Private Message Click Here to Email DeathMerchant Find more posts by DeathMerchant Add DeathMerchant to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Zxqv8
TravellerThug

I already gave my only real idea, i just wish i could offer more, all i can do is play and give feedback. I guess thats good to do, but i feel kinda unimportant in the scope of things oh well, maybe when i get my own freakin computer i can play with more stuff and produce some real material to help people out with things.

Y'all like the idea of hand-to-hand combat? Or is it just not feasible?

Zxqv8 is offline Old Post 04-13-2001 01:21 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Zxqv8 Click here to Send Zxqv8 a Private Message Click Here to Email Zxqv8 Visit Zxqv8's homepage! Find more posts by Zxqv8 Add Zxqv8 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Strider
TRPG Story Master

AoE (Arms of Enchantment is already out of it.... I told TribalWar that they copied us... it's up on the forums

Strider
TRPG Story Master

Strider is offline Old Post 04-13-2001 02:47 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Strider Click here to Send Strider a Private Message Click Here to Email Strider Visit Strider's homepage! Find more posts by Strider Add Strider to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Zelgadis
MinotaurReaper

hand to hand would be just like normal attacking only the weapon model looks like a fist or somehting, or maybe make it cokmpletely different and have the people actually animate.....that would be tougher to code im sure.

Zelgadis is offline Old Post 04-13-2001 03:05 AM
Vectrex
Quest Master

Animations are tough to make, not code. Notice that when you cast a spell now in trpg, your hand waves.

And shut up about AoE! Who cares what they do! There have been about a million rpg games, so its hardly fair to say they are copying one thats only been around for 2 years. It doesnt matter if we "thought of it first", thats just as bad as lxcool arguing with his buddies about who thought up the idea of a paintball mod.

Vectrex is offline Old Post 04-13-2001 03:47 AM
Strider
TRPG Story Master

JI already told me he's using my SP system, which I think a lot of people like... (I like it because you just click on the top-skill [ie Thieving] and you get sp put into the subskills below)

Sad Friend... Food? Oh God.... How would I play? I mine for ten hours a day!!!!

Also... I think we should have a Merchant or Economic top-skill for my SP system, and incorporate Sad's ideas...

Spying and Light and Dark Skills... Ummm... Spying first.. I don't think an orc could turn into a human... unless he's a mage with mimic, or something...

Light and Dark is why we have Orc and Human races, Sad...

JI has also told me there are no remort levels, and that levelling up is harder. I believe that means there is a nice new EXP system that will challenge everyone more... Heck, Rumble got a Remort 2 on GRD3 in about 7 days.

I think Allegiances would be rather difficult to do.. There would be a hella lot of Kings... Probably mostly admins at the start...

Speaking of admins, I think we should limit them... Don't allow them to be king etc etc... It would just be unfair... In the Score List, make it look something like this...

Players------Level-----Class-----------Allegiance--------Race
Strider-SM----77--------Bard-------------King JI-------Orc
Toaster-------76------Fighter-------------None-----Orc

Admins:
-SB-SirSteven

And admins can enable a smurf option if they want, you know... #smurf?
PS. Just to clarify my storyline, The Gods Themselves is not a current recount of the time in which Ironsphere is today...

Strider
TRPG Story Master

Strider is offline Old Post 04-13-2001 03:11 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Strider Click here to Send Strider a Private Message Click Here to Email Strider Visit Strider's homepage! Find more posts by Strider Add Strider to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Zxqv8
TravellerThug

Does the possibility of becoming king sound like a good idea? Being loyal to someone forever is fine, but i think there are some out there who would like people to be loyal to them, so they can start useless wars or something.

Zxqv8 is offline Old Post 04-13-2001 04:19 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Zxqv8 Click here to Send Zxqv8 a Private Message Click Here to Email Zxqv8 Visit Zxqv8's homepage! Find more posts by Zxqv8 Add Zxqv8 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
~SadFriend~
Emerald Archer

Eh?

Strider speaks as if the kings will be human-players.

Maybe I misunderstood, but I thought BOTS would be kings.. nevermind though.

And to everyone, Strider just displayed the PROPER way to criticize. He said what he thought was wrong, how to change it, and praised the things he liked.

A lot of times I see whole posts just saying "That idea sucks." or "Hell no, that won't get put into anything." That is just a waste of forum space, in my opinion. What good is it to say someone or something sucks? How does that help out?

Remember that when you are commenting on a post.

Theory Of Trance

The Medieval Mix!

~SadFriend~ is offline Old Post 04-13-2001 05:47 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for ~SadFriend~ Click here to Send ~SadFriend~ a Private Message Click Here to Email ~SadFriend~ Find more posts by ~SadFriend~ Add ~SadFriend~ to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Zelgadis
MinotaurReaper

kings better be bots, oh god, what would happen if people got elected ?! and then he doesnt log on for a few days!?

also, we better have easy communication, we know each other and like to be able to talk on servers, mining talking to freinda, leveling talking and mining then talking, if tlaking were restricted the game would go kinda int he ****ter like soem legacy of the bloodpledge or stuff like that.

Zelgadis is offline Old Post 04-13-2001 07:13 PM
GoldenFlight
Mother Lode

Oh wow...gone for a week and look at all the neato ideas out there.

1st: JI, tell the mail system to hurry up! It's been over a week since I mailed your copy.

2nd: Zxqv8:

quote:
I already gave my only real idea, i just wish i could offer more, all i can do is play and give feedback. I guess thats good to do, but i feel kinda unimportant in the scope of things

Man, feedback is incredibly important! Not all of us can or SHOULD be creators. If we were, and never tested ideas from a 'fresh' view, then the game would be severely limited in scope. It would collapse inward. You can't be an actor without an audience or a writer without readers. And you can't create a game without players. We NEED you!! BOTH are important, ok?

(says just-the-newbie-player with authority...ok, everybody roll your eyes now.)

3rd: I like Strider's idea to keep skills "simple". Don't overcomplicate or inundate players with daunting details. Stopping play to sit there and assign all those different skill levels is more than my feeble brain wants to deal with when I just wanna go play and bash somebody.

4th: Vectrex: the new models look FANTASTIC!!!

5th: Mir: GREAT idea on the autoloot!!! There are absolutely times when you do NOT want to pick stuff up and you have to be SO careful where you step! heheh.

6th: Gotta agree with ~SadFriend~ and Zelgadis: I thought the Kings were gonna be bots. SO much easier both politicially and player-consistency wise.

Now, am I caught up? Hmmm...$.00000002 cents worth.

SHUTTING UP.

Last edited by GoldenFlight on 05-08-2001 at 02:47 AM

GoldenFlight is offline Old Post 04-13-2001 08:29 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for GoldenFlight Click here to Send GoldenFlight a Private Message Click Here to Email GoldenFlight Find more posts by GoldenFlight Add GoldenFlight to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JeremyIrons
Tribes RPG Creator

1) Kings are bots

2) PaladinPimp, a FC as you call it will replace the arena eventually. It obviously won't be called "Fight Club"

3) Autoloot: sounds like something I should throw in T1RPG, but I dont have time. I'll do something like this for T2RPG

4) DeathMerchant: read the design docs, it already tells you what's going to happen with deployable houses/castles etc

5) Hand-to-hand combat sounds cool, and I would code it but it requires a player animation

6) Arms of Enchantment: just another mod. If you're worried about which mod will be played most, AoE or Ironsphere... you should worry about other things. There's no way they have the time and dedication to invest into getting anywhere close to what TRPG has accomplished and what T2RPG will accomplish

7) SadFriend, I like your ideas, but I dont have time to sift through them and tell you which ones are going to get in the game or not

8) Strider, I hate to rain on your parade but the only part of the skill system you mentionned that I will be implementing is the idea of subskills. The skill system design will still be much like it is now except with a few subskills. And I recall the subskill idea being mentionned long ago by someone I completely forget...

9) GoldenFlight: I'll let you know when I get it =)

JeremyIrons is offline Old Post 04-13-2001 09:39 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for JeremyIrons Click here to Send JeremyIrons a Private Message Visit JeremyIrons's homepage! Find more posts by JeremyIrons Add JeremyIrons to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rakenne
GnollHunter

I would like to see more randomized monsters in the game(not necromancer435 but Thorak the Dark One or other random names) , also i would like to see more skin variation(nothing complicated but maybe more color palettes on the skin). Also if the aI is upgraded in T2 thn if some-one could make more than one AI for each bot type so there would be diffence in the way diffenret goblinrunts or minotaurgoliaths fight.

Rakenne is offline Old Post 04-13-2001 09:53 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Rakenne Click here to Send Rakenne a Private Message Click Here to Email Rakenne Find more posts by Rakenne Add Rakenne to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
PaladinPimp
TravellerPaladin

i knew it wouldnt be called that, name is nothing, the concept behind it is what gets people there.

PaladinPimp is offline Old Post 04-14-2001 01:01 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for PaladinPimp Click here to Send PaladinPimp a Private Message Click Here to Email PaladinPimp Find more posts by PaladinPimp Add PaladinPimp to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Boxbanger
GnollShaman

Cool player animations

Hand to Hand might offer a new class. Monk is a good name but thats in eq, kinda cheap. it monk was name could be under priest's. Mabye Ninja, Combatant, or Rake (more of a thief though). Page also sounds like a hand to hand name to me for some reason. Page, Combatant, Ninja, Monk. Those are class names and remort names I can think of.

There are quite a few player animations this time in tribes. You could make a new one for each slot, that would add alot of hand to hand moves. (this is a stretch but... mabye fighting styles, drunken boxing, kung fu, street fighting. each one gets diffrent moves out of the move list. older names i know but those just came to mind.)

#punch (basic hit)
#jab (more powerful and or faster punch)
#uppercut (next punch up)
#jawbreaker (hehe its a right hook with stun effect, very powerful punch)

#kick (basic kick)
#round house (more powerful kick)
#dropkick (next kick up)
#flying kick (next kick)
#sweep (actually knocks people down, so they cant attack with hand to hand, or possibly at all, player can get up after about 2 sec or so)

#stun (uses same skill as shove, higher version of shove, player cant mvoe for 1-3 sec)
#shove (like it is now just with arm movment, could get thieves that are stealing away form ya)

If these were in the game, I would definatly be a hand to hand fighter, hands down... or up ( :<(sorry bad pun)

Last edited by Boxbanger on 04-14-2001 at 02:18 AM

Boxbanger is offline Old Post 04-14-2001 02:09 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Boxbanger Click here to Send Boxbanger a Private Message Click Here to Email Boxbanger Find more posts by Boxbanger Add Boxbanger to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
~SadFriend~
Emerald Archer

More class names?

First, bring Pixie back.

Cavalier would be good too.

~SadFriend~ is offline Old Post 04-14-2001 02:26 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for ~SadFriend~ Click here to Send ~SadFriend~ a Private Message Click Here to Email ~SadFriend~ Find more posts by ~SadFriend~ Add ~SadFriend~ to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Zelgadis
MinotaurReaper

warrior has 3
preist has 2
rouge has 2
wizard has 1

i think they should be all 2's or all 3's not too many though

Zelgadis is offline Old Post 04-14-2001 02:42 AM