Profile  Register  Calendar  Memberlist  FAQ  Search Home  
Tribes RPG Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.0.3 Tribes RPG Forums > Misc > Contributors Forum > T2RPG design docs
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Vectrex
Quest Master

No not like that. I'm just suggesting a cool looking way to spawn, rather than just a menu and normal tribes spawning. And then when you die for the last time, there would be more of an explanation as to what happened to %70 of your levels or whatever. It would add to the immersion.

Oh and i think the mod needs a name right from the beggining. Based on ji's idea i think it should be called "Ironsphere", it has a cool ring to it and it sounds tuff, not like those wussy point and click rpgs.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Vectrex is offline Old Post 04-06-2001 05:07 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Vectrex Click here to Send Vectrex a Private Message Click Here to Email Vectrex Find more posts by Vectrex Add Vectrex to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Toaster
Master of Toast

Ironsphere sounds cool.

And I like the "falling from heaven" idea. Maybe when you remort, you ascend with a trumpet fanfare, and everyone around you sees you pulled up in a holy light... Great way to impress a newbie. d=

And somewhere, someplace, in a hidden dungeon, in the kitchen of the master, there is a toaster that you can consider. It says......

Oh, you know.

Toaster

Read The Newbie Guide!

Toaster is offline Old Post 04-06-2001 06:51 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Toaster Click here to Send Toaster a Private Message Click Here to Email Toaster Visit Toaster's homepage! Find more posts by Toaster Add Toaster to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Vectrex
Quest Master

seriously, it could pop toast too.

Vectrex is offline Old Post 04-06-2001 07:36 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Vectrex Click here to Send Vectrex a Private Message Click Here to Email Vectrex Find more posts by Vectrex Add Vectrex to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Toaster
Master of Toast

I just need someone to model it.

Toaster

Read The Newbie Guide!

Toaster is offline Old Post 04-06-2001 03:31 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Toaster Click here to Send Toaster a Private Message Click Here to Email Toaster Visit Toaster's homepage! Find more posts by Toaster Add Toaster to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dragoon
GoblinWizard

A few trap ideas:
Lava pit -- semi-camoflauge reeds that go over, only placed on land.. and once walked over you, fall and die. Pack should be left (maybe) on top of pit.
Alarm -- Triggers an alarm. Based on how rich the house, is the factor for the # of bots and their strength who appear to defend the house. Or they should just send the intruder to jail or something like that.

Weapons:
Each hand should be able to carry a weapon or shield. Each weapon should be known as a 1-handed or 2-handed; obviously common sense tells 1 handed swords leaves the other hand available, and 2 handed occupies both hands.

Random Ideas:

I love the idea about king starting wars (I cannot remember who made it), but I agree. The king should start wars randomly, by race, or by house. Based on the amount of tension created (and to build tension, maybe they kill eachother, or steal).
I dont think people should be able to choose their race if that is allowed at the time. But I think people should randomly be placed in their certain race.

Dragoon is offline Old Post 04-06-2001 06:09 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Dragoon Click here to Send Dragoon a Private Message Click Here to Email Dragoon Find more posts by Dragoon Add Dragoon to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Strider
TRPG Story Master

That was me Dragoon... the king starting wars thing..

Strider
TRPG Story Master

Strider is offline Old Post 04-06-2001 08:04 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Strider Click here to Send Strider a Private Message Click Here to Email Strider Visit Strider's homepage! Find more posts by Strider Add Strider to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Zxqv8
TravellerThug

I got nothing, except that we need hand-to-hand combat. Perhaps when a newbie starts, they might not get any weapons and be forced to use thier fists. Of course, people with weapons can opt to use thier fists as well as it could be a trainable skill. I just think there needs to be an option for the weapon-less.

Oh yeah, we need some ultimate goal to attain, or some ultimate bot to cremate, and it would be hard since the new AI in T2 is pretty good.

Ironsphere? ok, but what about Ironosphere, like Ionosphere, only with an R Or not. :P

Zxqv8 is offline Old Post 04-07-2001 06:12 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Zxqv8 Click here to Send Zxqv8 a Private Message Click Here to Email Zxqv8 Visit Zxqv8's homepage! Find more posts by Zxqv8 Add Zxqv8 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Toaster
Master of Toast

Yes... Hand to hand combat, with various special moves... #tackle, #kick, #suplex, #piledrive, etc.

Suplexing a runt would be so much fun (=

Toaster

Read The Newbie Guide!

Toaster is offline Old Post 04-07-2001 03:47 PM
Mir

its like airfist, the two of you fly way up in the air, just when you come down, only one of you gets hurt

Old Post 04-07-2001 09:52 PM
Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Zxqv8
TravellerThug

why did that go bye bye?

Zxqv8 is offline Old Post 04-07-2001 09:54 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Zxqv8 Click here to Send Zxqv8 a Private Message Click Here to Email Zxqv8 Visit Zxqv8's homepage! Find more posts by Zxqv8 Add Zxqv8 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Zxqv8
TravellerThug

I saw the GUI editor in T2, it looks like we could make a customized Version of T2 that has RPG looks and everything. If anyone knows how to use it well, start crackin, im tryin to figure it out now myself.

Zxqv8 is offline Old Post 04-08-2001 02:30 AM
TridentRX
TravellerPaladin

maybe a new system for fighting?

Pehaps we could complicate the fighting system as well allowing weapons to block each other. maybe make a chat menu where you could type v a h to attack the head or v b h to block a upper or head attack. (divide it into upper lower and middle) It could make combat fun to watch.

TridentRX is offline Old Post 04-09-2001 02:38 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for TridentRX Click here to Send TridentRX a Private Message Click Here to Email TridentRX Find more posts by TridentRX Add TridentRX to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TridentRX
TravellerPaladin

.. admin commands.

you could get rid of #kill because #jail(for people) or #kick and #delbot(for bots) work just as well. The server should take care of the abusive by itself (guards capturing and exicuting perhaps) I wanna see a dude HANGED! or worse.... hmm.... maybe i can charge for people to watch exicution.

Maybe town status like you can be a guard and enforce town law....

TridentRX is offline Old Post 04-09-2001 02:42 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for TridentRX Click here to Send TridentRX a Private Message Click Here to Email TridentRX Find more posts by TridentRX Add TridentRX to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Zelgadis
MinotaurReaper

i want to see a really spiffy adminhud where i can click on stuff and have it type parameters for me.

Zelgadis is offline Old Post 04-09-2001 03:00 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Zelgadis Click here to Send Zelgadis a Private Message Click Here to Email Zelgadis Visit Zelgadis's homepage! Find more posts by Zelgadis Add Zelgadis to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TridentRX
TravellerPaladin

o

can me make a more level map this time rpgmap5 is too hilly for me.(especally if we bring in horses)

TridentRX is offline Old Post 04-09-2001 03:24 AM
PaladinPimp
TravellerPaladin

yeah we had a fc meeting a while back

if this stadium/fc whatever it is, takes place of arena, i think the best idea for it is to make everyone "universal"

when i say that i mean make everyone, the same lvl, with the same stats, and the same equipment. people will now be able to just fight and not worry about stats. then after the fight you would be restored to your normal self

you could still have an option where you fight with your lvl, stats, and stuff

fights wouldnt give exp....im thinking money or something...ideas open for this.

also to kill the abuse of the betting system, i suggest having a certain amount of fights you can fight in per hour

PaladinPimp is offline Old Post 04-09-2001 04:34 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for PaladinPimp Click here to Send PaladinPimp a Private Message Click Here to Email PaladinPimp Find more posts by PaladinPimp Add PaladinPimp to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DeathMerchant
UberSloth

Yes, RPG 5 has too many hills. We need more variety. Also, would it be possible to incorporate multiple terrain types in the TRPG2 map? Having different areas whould be cool...

Also, Giants. Extremely tough bots that only wander in far hills.

You might want to set up the buildings for another two playable races, in preparation for putting them in later.

Are we still going to have the mines? I havn't seen any mention of them, but we will probably need them in order to get anything fancy.

Also, how are the higher level weapons going to get into the game? We don't spawn with them (obviously), we can't buy em from the merchants, due to the inv system, unless you make a really hard to reach merchant with some good stuff. And I doubt we would want a lev 350 hill giant running around with a claymore...Or at least, only one, to allow people a slight change at hanging on to some precious lck.

Shields are good, has anyone considered helmets? Perhaps they could, depending on quality, take a slight bad of vision off the top of the screen, unless they were very expensive....

We need shields in a slot of thier own, as orbs will probably be vital for some areas/at night.

New Class ideas:
Miner(great mining, haggle, wc, rather low fight stats)
Forester(great SH, archery, suggest good logging, if you make loggin a skill)
huntsman(great SC, attacking, low def, trapping, med )arch
Serf(great in all gathering skills, WC, med fight, no casting, .1 haggle)
Merchant(great haggle, wc, sh, med min & endur, low everything else)
Mercernary(good fight skills except pierce, no casting, good haggle, no stealing, no pierce, healing or SH)
Omni(.8 mult in all things)

New Skills:
Trapping
LockPicking
Disarming
Logging
Harvesting
Fishing
construction(for housing?)
trapping
diplomacy(for communicating with NPC races)

New bots:
Demon (must use that new skin)
Tree Giant
BladeRunner(annoyingly small, but very lethal. grassy areas)
Hill Giant(must be massive, making Ubers look puny)
Mermen/mermaids(Underwater)
ShadowWraith(might qualify as Undead)
Vampire(might qualify as Undead)
LavaGolem
LavaRunner(smaller than Golem)
IceKrag
IceSplinter(smaller the Krag)

Gear:twin f14 courier spacecrafts, everything you could possibly want, except badges. Will pay 1.5 mil for exp badge.

Middle Earth, level 5 Admin.

Mystic Demon RPG, level 4 Admin.

DeathMerchant is offline Old Post 04-09-2001 04:56 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for DeathMerchant Click here to Send DeathMerchant a Private Message Click Here to Email DeathMerchant Find more posts by DeathMerchant Add DeathMerchant to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JeremyIrons
Tribes RPG Creator

well i've been working over 8 hrs a day almost every day with a not-quite-legal version of T2 until I get a real copy (Thanks goldenflight)

I had to redo the entire inventory system in T2... took forever and I'm still working on it. It's nice to finally be able to have my own HUD for listing inventory. My inventory system is very powerful and much better than the T2 original because each item is unique and no longer just a counter in your inventory.

Anyway, enough talking...back to work

JeremyIrons is offline Old Post 04-09-2001 10:05 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for JeremyIrons Click here to Send JeremyIrons a Private Message Visit JeremyIrons's homepage! Find more posts by JeremyIrons Add JeremyIrons to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DeathMerchant
UberSloth

New Items:
Fire Sword-Slash
Ice Axe-Slash
FireAxe-Slash
SwordofWrath-Slash
Rod-pierce-very weak
GlassSpear-pierce-powerfull, but subject to breakage
DeathBlow-bludg
mallet-bludg very weak

(We need a couple really, really weak weapons for players to spawn with)

JI, your new system of unique items will be great, as it will make it rather tough for people to hack a file, as well as allowing for limited numbers of each type of item.

Also, should we have alternatives to mining, such as logging, fishing, and harvesting? I suggest balancing by making some more profitable, but also more dangerous, therby adding some risk.

Gear:twin f14 courier spacecrafts, everything you could possibly want, except badges. Will pay 1.5 mil for exp badge.

DeathMerchant is offline Old Post 04-09-2001 11:21 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for DeathMerchant Click here to Send DeathMerchant a Private Message Click Here to Email DeathMerchant Find more posts by DeathMerchant Add DeathMerchant to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sanders
GnollHunter

Stuff on my mind:

Slashing

Fire Long Sword (Fire elemental)
Sand Storm (Fire+Wind elemental)
Blue Moon (Ice+Shadow)
Falchion
Midas Blade (Forged from lotsa Gold)
Mountain Breaker (Earth)
Flamberge
Grim Blade (15% chance Deathblow, Black/Shadow elemental)
Atlas Sword (Regens HP at 1 hp/5 seconds)
Cresent Axe
Double Tomahawk
Cross Axe
Iron Slasher (Samurai)
Scythe (1% chance Deathblow)
Shadow Scythe (10% chance Deathblow)
Grim Blade (-5% hp per swing, +10% atk)

Piercing

Salad Fork (self explainatory)
Sickled Spear
Dragon Lance (Fire)
Toaster+Fork
Uhhh, brain just exitted my head

Bludgeon

Phoenix Smasher (Fire+Wind)
I'll be back

Armors

Drunken Mail (Very resistant to Projectile Weapons)
Earth Armor (Resistant to Lightning+Thunder)
Hell Armor (absorbs Fire, cancels Shadow)
Midas Plate
Avenger Mail (Converts 50% Def into 25% atk)
Soul Frame (Blatantly stolen from PSO, +10% HP regen, Weak vs. Shadow, Resistant vs. Holy)

Miscilanny crap

GILES RING
Air Fist Scroll
Relic
Portal Rune (3 transports then it casts D rift, better drop it fast)

Stuff I can't think of right now ... Lost my train of thought

If you are viewing sig, I am sorry for the size, but due to the large number of ppl not viewing sigs, I don't care.

Sanders is offline Old Post 04-10-2001 01:07 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Sanders Click here to Send Sanders a Private Message Click Here to Email Sanders Visit Sanders's homepage! Find more posts by Sanders Add Sanders to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Zelgadis
MinotaurReaper

mmm scrolls.........

fighters can use one to heal themselves then it is gone, or scroll of fell or scroll of lighningblast or so on.

Zelgadis is offline Old Post 04-10-2001 01:25 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Zelgadis Click here to Send Zelgadis a Private Message Click Here to Email Zelgadis Visit Zelgadis's homepage! Find more posts by Zelgadis Add Zelgadis to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Strider
TRPG Story Master

During my slavings over the storyline (which unfortunately has ground to a halt, considering I have no definite names of towns...) I have come up with a couple million ideas... some of which pertain to Ji's ideas, some of which are completely different or ripped out of a book/game...

First, skills:

My list of skills I find to be too long. We need to keep it short and simple... One skill may pertain to several subskills within that particular skill. Each subskill will then have benefits and commands to use within it..

Legend: [requirements] (other notes)

Thieving:
Lockpicking: [Immediate when SP is invested in Thieving, lockpicking gets faster as you invest more] (#lockpick)

Pick-pocketing: [About 10 Thieving needed, more money stolen as you invest more SP in Thieving] (stealing money only #pickpocket)

Trap Detection/insert fancy name here: [immediate as you invest in Thieving, provides more information as you invest more SP in Thieving] (If you can code it so lower levels of SP in Thieving would reveal less info to the thief, JI, we could have a good system here... #check?)

Heisting/Stealing: [about 100+ in Thieving] (allows you to steal ITEMS out of the victims inventory... #steal)

Stealth: [footsteps get quieter, immediate upon investing SP] (no commands, automatic)

Woodsmanship (I can't find a better name!):
Hiding: [immediate when you start investing SP in Woodsmanship, stays in effect longer as you invest more] (Renders you invisible using T2 cloaking pack... #hide as always)

Trap/Snare Setting: [immediate as you start investing SP, traps grow stronger and hold longer as you increase Woodsmanship] (I think this is something I'd like a LOT... I'm sure the rest of you would... This would set a cheap trap that would hold the person in place and damage them slightly... similar to freeze except it hurts... it would hold them longer and hurt more as you improved... this would be great for getting them damn pesky thieves who attack you at night... #settrap)

Scouting: [starts immediately as you progress through Woodsmanship] (This would be setting up tents and sleeping in the wild... #sleep or #camp)

Economics:
Haggle: [improves as you go...] (no commands, automatic)
Mining: [improves as you go....] (no commands, automatic)
Merchantile: (If a merchant class IS set up, then this will allow you to sell things for higher prices... it will also give you a percentage when haggling with other merchants, kinda like buying in bulk nowadays between dealers... This will also be automatic...)

Magic:
Mana: [improves as you go...] (same as TRPG energy skill)
Offensive Casting: [more spells as you improve...]
Defensive Casting: [more healing spells as you improve]
Neutral Casting: [more transport spells as you improve]

In game, we will see something like this in the SP menus...

Magic:
>Defensive: (This will contain the percentage of SP points that is being put into the skill ie, a Paladin would have 60% here, but only 20% in Offensive)
>Offensive: (see above)
>Neutral: (yadda yadda)

Then we have all the normal fighting skills... Piercing, Slashing, Bludge, etc etc

The way I have set this up will make it so you don't have to invest SP in hundreds of categories.. All you have to do is invest in these ones and get all the benefits...

I haven't quite thought out how we can do the SP system... Bear with me... I'm sure JI will think of something........

Strider
TRPG Story Master

Strider is offline Old Post 04-10-2001 01:28 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Strider Click here to Send Strider a Private Message Click Here to Email Strider Visit Strider's homepage! Find more posts by Strider Add Strider to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rumble
ZombieMauler

H'Dero is the blacksmith, and he is hot.

NOTE: lol, i am in touch with my RP char

Rumble is offline Old Post 04-10-2001 01:30 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Rumble Click here to Send Rumble a Private Message Click Here to Email Rumble Find more posts by Rumble Add Rumble to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Strider
TRPG Story Master

Anyway... ignoring Rumble's post, although it has something to do with what I'm about to say....

I believe that our RP characters should be rewarded... IE... Saere could be a musician at the Keldrin (or whatever the main town is) Theatre...

H'Dero is the blacksmith....

DeathMerchant (although we'd have to change the name, sorry DM) could be a guy who lives in some Thieves Hideout in the mountains...He would be the new bounty guy....

Ileni Goldenflight (Goldy's character, duh!) could be our local doctor...

so on and so on... you'd need to review our forum, but we have character for a lot of things....

We could have resting foot soldiers... (ie, Silver of Keldrin, SilverHorses character, and Trident's character)

Strider
TRPG Story Master

Strider is offline Old Post 04-10-2001 01:38 AM
Sanders
GnollHunter

If any those people actually played in JI's server, they'd be killed in a heartbeat, courtesy of the Mafia. If they were bots, they'd be bash in a heartbeat, courtesy of the mafia. NPC's we'd have no use for them, and so on. All we need is:
1. Giles (the Blacksmith)(THE ALMIGHTY RING OF HIS!)
2. Espan (Spooky Mulder)(Evil guy, Portal Rune, see previous post)
3. Lionel (Priest)(Dude who sold Claymore)
4. Petrus (Mercenary)(Windwalkers and Paws)
5. GuardHenry (Militia)(favorite among the guards, loaded s.o.b too)
6. Savior (Quest guy)(FLS man!)
7. Gnolls that easily deal 300+ critical (+bonus) damage, and were actually accurate with a crossbow.
8. AIRFIST ... which should be #1.
9. Undead Monsters, 2000+hp, quick Regen, Super Str, Carried Relics, good source of EXP (PaladinPimp & Harn Relic service, merged with Sanders mercenary corp)
10. Wands, the tab spell system was cool, no freaking binds to waste keyboard space.

Nuff said ... Oh yeah, if you guys are gonna say anything about ironcity junk, and other stuff irrelevant about my nostalgia of the previous version, kindly SHUT IT!

If you are viewing sig, I am sorry for the size, but due to the large number of ppl not viewing sigs, I don't care.

Sanders is offline Old Post 04-10-2001 02:47 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Sanders Click here to Send Sanders a Private Message Click Here to Email Sanders Visit Sanders's homepage! Find more posts by Sanders Add Sanders to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DeathMerchant
UberSloth

If you want to use another name for DM, just use my other char's name; Scion. :-)

DeathMerchant is offline Old Post 04-10-2001 03:28 AM
Strider
TRPG Story Master

..... What was Sanders post about??

Strider
TRPG Story Master

Strider is offline Old Post 04-10-2001 07:57 PM
SilverHorse
Banned

I am not sure.

SilverHorse is offline Old Post 04-10-2001 08:25 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for SilverHorse Click here to Send SilverHorse a Private Message Click Here to Email SilverHorse Find more posts by SilverHorse Add SilverHorse to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rumble
ZombieMauler

H'Dero is the blacksmith!!!! I must stress this. :p

Rumble is offline Old Post 04-10-2001 09:03 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Rumble Click here to Send Rumble a Private Message Click Here to Email Rumble Find more posts by Rumble Add Rumble to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Toaster
Master of Toast

Version 2.113 and before.

Toaster

Read The Newbie Guide!

Toaster is offline Old Post 04-10-2001 09:03 PM