Profile  Register  Calendar  Memberlist  FAQ  Search Home  
Tribes RPG Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.0.3 Tribes RPG Forums > Misc > Contributors Forum > More Ironsphere Ideas.
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post New Thread    Post A Reply
DeathMerchant
UberSloth

Sickness. Anyone like the the idea? It would have to be really rare, or it would suck, but it would be cool to see someone who was sick from going afk in the crypt for an hour. Certain enviroments, like crypt, would be more likely to cause sickness. You could also add both causing and curing spells to this...

any feedback?

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

DeathMerchant is offline Old Post 05-13-2001 05:40 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for DeathMerchant Click here to Send DeathMerchant a Private Message Click Here to Email DeathMerchant Find more posts by DeathMerchant Add DeathMerchant to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SkillMaster
OgreMagi

like gettin poisoned or somethin and u slowly lose HP but u can use items to heal it

SkillMaster is offline Old Post 05-13-2001 05:55 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for SkillMaster Click here to Send SkillMaster a Private Message Click Here to Email SkillMaster Find more posts by SkillMaster Add SkillMaster to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DeathMerchant
UberSloth

Yep. Poison would be good too...

Then we'll have amulets etc to guard against disease and antidotes for poison...

DeathMerchant is offline Old Post 05-13-2001 05:56 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for DeathMerchant Click here to Send DeathMerchant a Private Message Click Here to Email DeathMerchant Find more posts by DeathMerchant Add DeathMerchant to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GoldenFlight
Mother Lode

well, if we're gonna do that, lets add poison blow darts.
I bet thieves would love to use those.

And "shock" (like shocklance) that drains your energy when you get hit...temporarily freezes you, you can't cast and/or use windwalkers. This could be a spell for humans and for monsters to use.

stoopid idea #254 brought to you by the good folks at where-am-I-and-what-day-is-this?

GoldenFlight is offline Old Post 05-13-2001 06:30 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for GoldenFlight Click here to Send GoldenFlight a Private Message Click Here to Email GoldenFlight Find more posts by GoldenFlight Add GoldenFlight to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DeathMerchant
UberSloth

Blowgun, new weapon type. multiple dart types. I would LOVE that.

How about a root spell? Target cannot move for a specified time.

Manadrain would also be great, as would some sort of vampiric life-draining spell.

PS: It's Thursday.

DeathMerchant is offline Old Post 05-13-2001 06:48 PM
GoldenFlight
Mother Lode

LOL!!

I had actually suggested the "root" or freeze spell a long time ago...I agree...sounds like a neat idea.

Oh dear, if it's Thursday, I shouldn't be on my computer!!

GoldenFlight is offline Old Post 05-13-2001 07:04 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for GoldenFlight Click here to Send GoldenFlight a Private Message Click Here to Email GoldenFlight Find more posts by GoldenFlight Add GoldenFlight to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DeathMerchant
UberSloth

Oh, wait. If it was thursday, I wouldn't be sitting here at work posting to the forum...at least not at this time. Is it friday?

Yes, I posted the root stuff before too...

How about, freeze totaly immobilizes them, root just stops all movement except turning and using weapons. Freeze would obviously be tougher to use...

mana and life drain would be seperate....

This would make a really cool form of trapping that actually makes sence, and which may fail. :-)

DeathMerchant is offline Old Post 05-13-2001 07:08 PM
DeathMerchant
UberSloth

Oh yes, and bounties...We need a way to add to the bounties of players. I would personally love to make a 1.5 mil addition to the level 70 that PK's me after I remort.

I realize it will work somewhat differently in Ironsphere, but being able to put bounties on players would really be cool.

DeathMerchant is offline Old Post 05-13-2001 07:21 PM
DeathMerchant
UberSloth

Spawn points. Can we change the place we spawn in after we die in Ironsphere? I would love being able to change what town I respawn in.... This would also help make villages more useful.

DeathMerchant is offline Old Post 05-13-2001 07:23 PM
Aleman
OgreDreadnought

Hmm.. maybe high level things would require multiple casts of freeze or root to stop them - and make the spells have high recovery times, this would make teamwork essential for "trapping" people..

Aleman is offline Old Post 05-13-2001 07:35 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Aleman Click here to Send Aleman a Private Message Click Here to Email Aleman Find more posts by Aleman Add Aleman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DeathMerchant
UberSloth

That would be cool. But, we'd have to be careful not to overdo it....lag.

Yeah, they have particle systems. Just look at a Shrike's exaust.

DeathMerchant is offline Old Post 05-13-2001 09:26 PM
DeathMerchant
UberSloth

You're actually not missing much. It's pretty much the same old system, with some overkill on the graphics system and a pair of new weapons. At least, that's the way it is on base tribes. It's the first time I've actually seen a progress bar for lighting effects.

I bought it mainly for Ironsphere...

DeathMerchant is offline Old Post 05-13-2001 09:31 PM
Boxbanger
GnollShaman

Cool thieves

a blow gun yould be totally cool... poision darts, normal darts, and have some advanced poision dart, say venomus darts... id have so much fun sittin in the newbie area with my blow gun, hideing in a tree and thers like 15 bodies below me... wheee....

Boxbanger is offline Old Post 05-13-2001 09:45 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Boxbanger Click here to Send Boxbanger a Private Message Click Here to Email Boxbanger Find more posts by Boxbanger Add Boxbanger to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SkillMaster
OgreMagi

theres lightining and those fireball thingies on the lava levels....maybe u can make a lightning and fireball spell or somethin...that would be cool

SkillMaster is offline Old Post 05-13-2001 09:49 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for SkillMaster Click here to Send SkillMaster a Private Message Click Here to Email SkillMaster Find more posts by SkillMaster Add SkillMaster to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Zxqv8
TravellerThug

I suggested blow gun in the other thread, but people thought it was too far off from the main idea of the game (mostly a medieval focus). I liked it, and i had ideas for different types of darts. Go look, tell me what ya think.

Zxqv8 is offline Old Post 05-13-2001 10:56 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Zxqv8 Click here to Send Zxqv8 a Private Message Click Here to Email Zxqv8 Visit Zxqv8's homepage! Find more posts by Zxqv8 Add Zxqv8 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GoldenFlight
Mother Lode

Go Z!!! I had not remembered you had done that, I apologize. See, eventually, we all repeat each other's ideas! LOL. Must mean we're doing something right.

***this is where I mention once again that it would be helpful to turn that BIG thread into a forum that could be broken down into smaller topics. This is where I mention once again....skip....skip...skip...skip...***

Btw....I think that poison back then was not an honorable weapon. It was the kind of stuff used by assasins for political purposes. (Hence the food taster for the king.) And it usually came in liquid or powdered form.

I don't see any problem with having darts available for snipers, I mean, assasins/thieves.

I don't think they should be available as a regular fighting weapon.

That would tend to keep it more in "correct" historical context. :p

GoldenFlight is offline Old Post 05-13-2001 11:31 PM
Aleman
OgreDreadnought

Who would have a high blowing skill?

(waits for dumb joke)

Aleman is offline Old Post 05-14-2001 12:22 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Aleman Click here to Send Aleman a Private Message Click Here to Email Aleman Find more posts by Aleman Add Aleman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GoldenFlight
Mother Lode

NEW SKILL: LUNG CAPACITY

not touching that one!

Call it LUNG capacity....assasins/thieves can stay under water or hold their breath in poisonous areas for a long time...

regular fighters can use high lung capacity to move easily in high terrain (mountainous thin air)...kind of like weight capacity. The better your lung capacity is the easier it is to move. (Might also aid in running faster or longer?)

This also helps those who might up living in REALLY high altititudes...like air cities (probably never to be implemented)

....stupid idea #454 brought to you by: too-much-caffeine.

Last edited by GoldenFlight on 05-14-2001 at 01:05 AM

GoldenFlight is offline Old Post 05-14-2001 12:48 AM
GoldenFlight
Mother Lode

ONLY if you provide: #suckattachment hosepro1

that way you can get ALL those coins that roll into the corners.

GoldenFlight is offline Old Post 05-14-2001 04:11 AM
GoldenFlight
Mother Lode

i THINK we need to use Zelgadis's um, um, idea, um and clean this thread up!

GoldenFlight is offline Old Post 05-14-2001 04:18 AM
DeathMerchant
UberSloth

Gotcha, deleting prev. post.

DeathMerchant is offline Old Post 05-14-2001 04:39 AM
GoldenFlight
Mother Lode

DM...~

that was a joke!!

But thanks anyways...LOL

GoldenFlight is offline Old Post 05-14-2001 04:53 AM