Profile  Register  Calendar  Memberlist  FAQ  Search Home  
Tribes RPG Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.0.3 Tribes RPG Forums > Misc > Contributors Forum > Bashing etc
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post New Thread    Post A Reply
SolarRPG
MinotaurReaper

Heres some words:

Slice
Cut
Rip
Gash
Shred
Tear
Lacerate
Slam
Smack

Solar

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

SolarRPG is offline Old Post 05-04-2001 12:24 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for SolarRPG Click here to Send SolarRPG a Private Message Find more posts by SolarRPG Add SolarRPG to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Mir

Maybe I'm the only one...
but I still think we should have BOTH critical strikes, which are just lucky hits activated automatically, that do like 1.5x or 2x damage, AS WELL AS special attacks that we activate manually.

I dont know.. Along with the special auto-activated ritical strikes, it would be cool to have less-common critical miss too...
and especially with throw code, it would be awesome..
if you critical miss, you have a 25% chance of dropping (throwing) your weapon, 25% chance of hitting yourself for half the damage, 25% chance of doing a LOT of damage to your weapon, and a 25% chance of getting a 2 second stun (recovery).

I realize people dont like 'bad things' but it makes the game a little more immersive, and for me at least, a little more fun.
And if you offset the Misses with equal or greater chance of getting the critical strikes.. it shouldn't really make the game any 'harder'...

Old Post 05-04-2001 12:32 AM
Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sipe1
GoblinThief

i like the idea of the OC power. Use the new lightning effect in T2, and make it so you can summon up lightning and it will come down and strike the person you targeted. And have that shock lance effect on the person. When you see the electricity around the person.

Level: 124
RL: 25
Last updated 10/15/01

Sipe1 is offline Old Post 05-04-2001 12:35 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Sipe1 Click here to Send Sipe1 a Private Message Click Here to Email Sipe1 Find more posts by Sipe1 Add Sipe1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Xanlok
GoblinRaider

sowwie was just tryin to help by posting a list of kewl ideas...

Xanlok is offline Old Post 05-04-2001 04:33 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Xanlok Click here to Send Xanlok a Private Message Click Here to Email Xanlok Find more posts by Xanlok Add Xanlok to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DeathMerchant
UberSloth

quote:
Originally posted by Mir
Maybe I'm the only one...
but I still think we should have BOTH critical strikes, which are just lucky hits activated automatically, that do like 1.5x or 2x damage, AS WELL AS special attacks that we activate manually.

I dont know.. Along with the special auto-activated ritical strikes, it would be cool to have less-common critical miss too...
and especially with throw code, it would be awesome..
if you critical miss, you have a 25% chance of dropping (throwing) your weapon, 25% chance of hitting yourself for half the damage, 25% chance of doing a LOT of damage to your weapon, and a 25% chance of getting a 2 second stun (recovery).

I realize people dont like 'bad things' but it makes the game a little more immersive, and for me at least, a little more fun.
And if you offset the Misses with equal or greater chance of getting the critical strikes.. it shouldn't really make the game any 'harder'...

Yes, we need both activated and random special effects.

For the manual:

Bludgeoning's special is Bash
Slashing's special is Cleave
Piercing's special is Backstab
Archery's special is Smite
Offensive Casting's special is Mana Surge

Gear:twin f14 courier spacecrafts, everything you could possibly want, except badges. Will pay 1.5 mil for exp badge.

Middle Earth, level 5 Admin.

Mystic Demon RPG, level 4 Admin.

DeathMerchant is offline Old Post 05-04-2001 04:47 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for DeathMerchant Click here to Send DeathMerchant a Private Message Click Here to Email DeathMerchant Find more posts by DeathMerchant Add DeathMerchant to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Xanlok
GoblinRaider

Thumbs down Smite...

Erm smite?

Xanlok is offline Old Post 05-04-2001 04:50 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Xanlok Click here to Send Xanlok a Private Message Click Here to Email Xanlok Find more posts by Xanlok Add Xanlok to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DeathMerchant
UberSloth

yeah, death from afar. rapid shot, massive damage, very slow recovery.

DeathMerchant is offline Old Post 05-04-2001 04:51 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for DeathMerchant Click here to Send DeathMerchant a Private Message Click Here to Email DeathMerchant Find more posts by DeathMerchant Add DeathMerchant to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Xanlok
GoblinRaider

Question Hrmm

Kinda interesting sense it makes me think of something holy... or unholy... but not neutral like archers...

Xanlok is offline Old Post 05-04-2001 08:30 AM
GiB WaKeR
ZombieMauler

Cool

Who the bloody f*ck has music in their sig/post? ; )

If I want to give up more of my 19.2kbs connecting ass's bandwith I'll get mp3s, it practically took me 2 minutes to load the damn page!

(NO I can't get cable or DSL, YES my phone company limits me to 28.8, YES I have line noise so I can only connect at 19.2 max, and YES I can play in games with 96 players because Tribes 2 is has the mother of all net code!)

Eh, so, please remove the music from your sig because some of us come here to read posts... not jam to 6 bit midi synthesizer stuff.

GiB WaKeR is offline Old Post 05-04-2001 08:54 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for GiB WaKeR Click here to Send GiB WaKeR a Private Message Visit GiB WaKeR's homepage! Find more posts by GiB WaKeR Add GiB WaKeR to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JeremyIrons
Tribes RPG Creator

disable sigs, gib
i've had them disabled since this forum started, never missed a thing

JeremyIrons is offline Old Post 05-04-2001 08:57 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for JeremyIrons Click here to Send JeremyIrons a Private Message Visit JeremyIrons's homepage! Find more posts by JeremyIrons Add JeremyIrons to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Mir

generally speaking, sigs are useless

I just like mine, cause I dont have to type

- Mir, Elven Ranger.

every time...
and I know my name is to the left.. but..
I dunno I feel weird if I dont sign my posts..
I think I should go get an MRI scan.

Old Post 05-05-2001 12:01 AM
Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Toaster
Master of Toast

Mine's simple, effective, and useful.

Toaster

Read The Newbie Guide!

Toaster

Read The Newbie Guide!

Toaster is offline Old Post 05-05-2001 01:37 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Toaster Click here to Send Toaster a Private Message Click Here to Email Toaster Visit Toaster's homepage! Find more posts by Toaster Add Toaster to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GiB WaKeR
ZombieMauler

Cool

Truth is:
I like looking at people's sigs, I find them generally very creative and even humorous at times... Its sad I would have to disable them all due to someone forcing people to listen to their .wav =\

*sigh*

GiB WaKeR is offline Old Post 05-05-2001 03:35 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for GiB WaKeR Click here to Send GiB WaKeR a Private Message Visit GiB WaKeR's homepage! Find more posts by GiB WaKeR Add GiB WaKeR to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DeathMerchant
UberSloth

Yeah, I disable my sig alot, simply to keep page load times down.

anyway, back on topic, #draw would be nice for achery.
What do you want, draw, smite or sureshot. If smite is not used for archery...it could become a hand to hand special, or a spell.

DeathMerchant is offline Old Post 05-05-2001 05:05 PM
TridentRX
TravellerPaladin

Actually my sig has some importance to it.

It has links to some websites; Binkers and Newbies Homepage and my Admin help page. Why not put in a little thing that you can specify whose sigs you want to look at or have a button that will display the sig when pressed if you have the sig hidden?

Also note this: If you have a LARGE sig why post it more than once on a page. After we have seen it we dont need to see it again. Small posts are ok but large ones can affect a persons ability to read the page. (scrolling halfway down the page to see the next post).

TridentRX is offline Old Post 05-05-2001 05:11 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for TridentRX Click here to Send TridentRX a Private Message Click Here to Email TridentRX Find more posts by TridentRX Add TridentRX to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GoldenFlight
Mother Lode

..disable sigs.....disable sigs....disable...useless....

that hurts guys.

I guess some of 'em are too big visually, and can get in the way of serious discussion. dang.

Last edited by GoldenFlight on 05-08-2001 at 03:06 AM

GoldenFlight is offline Old Post 05-07-2001 06:30 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for GoldenFlight Click here to Send GoldenFlight a Private Message Click Here to Email GoldenFlight Find more posts by GoldenFlight Add GoldenFlight to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GoldenFlight
Mother Lode

sorry for the second off-topic post, but I just had to say:

useless or not, this is a nice little piece of art and I had fun hand drawing it:

Attachment: serpentsigfin.gif
This has been downloaded 18 time(s).

Last edited by GoldenFlight on 05-08-2001 at 03:07 AM

GoldenFlight is offline Old Post 05-07-2001 08:07 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for GoldenFlight Click here to Send GoldenFlight a Private Message Click Here to Email GoldenFlight Find more posts by GoldenFlight Add GoldenFlight to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Gul'Dar
TravellerThug

quote:
Originally posted by DeathMerchant
Yeah, I disable my sig alot, simply to keep page load times down.

anyway, back on topic, #draw would be nice for achery.
What do you want, draw, smite or sureshot. If smite is not used for archery...it could become a hand to hand special, or a spell.

hmmm I was thinking along the lines of a Diablo 2ish "#strafe"?

Class: Paladin
Level: 104
Remort: 1
Admin Level: 2 (Guide)
-----------------------------------------------

Gul'Dar is offline Old Post 05-07-2001 09:05 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Gul'Dar Click here to Send Gul'Dar a Private Message Click Here to Email Gul'Dar Visit Gul'Dar's homepage! Find more posts by Gul'Dar Add Gul'Dar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bladerunner
MinotaurReaper

Smite... Reminds me of ***** slap... No that wouldn't be good for a bow at all

bladerunner is offline Old Post 05-07-2001 05:47 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for bladerunner Click here to Send bladerunner a Private Message Click Here to Email bladerunner Visit bladerunner's homepage! Find more posts by bladerunner Add bladerunner to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SolarRPG
MinotaurReaper

Mi sig rox

Solar

SolarRPG is offline Old Post 05-11-2001 07:58 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for SolarRPG Click here to Send SolarRPG a Private Message Find more posts by SolarRPG Add SolarRPG to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sea
OgreDestroyer

@@quote@@ JI @@ -First, sharpening a sword would be more expensive then buying charges or buying arrows. The reason for this is because swords only unsharpen when a hit is made. An archer could waste all his/her arrows without hitting anything, and same goes for spellcasting and charges. You would see a blacksmith and the sword's "health" would be replenished. Using a dull sword would either cause 0 damage, or perhaps 1 damage only. @@quote@@ (wish I could really quote, dunno how tho :p

maybe u can then make invincable swords that u smith.. maybe like DragonSword/Claw 12 dragon scales, 5 diamonds, 1 keldrinite, 4 emerauld.. would be invincable and wouldn't lose durability and maybe have 160 atk and 1.6 delay ? :p or maybe a special item that adds invincability only given in quests, like a added thing to normal smithed weaps, like keldrinite+ls for keldrinitels and maybe keldrinite+ls+shinystone :p

[img]http://www.karmastorm.com/kstar004.gif[/img] SeaWolf, the underwater demon [img]http://www.karmastorm.com/kstar004.gif[/img]

Sea is offline Old Post 05-13-2001 08:10 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Sea Click here to Send Sea a Private Message Find more posts by Sea Add Sea to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Strider
TRPG Story Master

You're thinking TRPG still Sea....

Combining weps is different now..

I still say that items that have been gotten with admin spawned money or if it was just spawned, it should be flagged... This would eliminate cheaters

Strider
TRPG Story Master

Strider is offline Old Post 05-15-2001 02:57 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Strider Click here to Send Strider a Private Message Click Here to Email Strider Visit Strider's homepage! Find more posts by Strider Add Strider to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GoldenFlight
Mother Lode

flagged or flogged?

just checking.

GoldenFlight is offline Old Post 05-15-2001 03:27 AM
Strider
TRPG Story Master

flagged, and Goldy................... Revise Illeni... I'm not gonna

Strider
TRPG Story Master

Strider is offline Old Post 05-15-2001 03:29 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Strider Click here to Send Strider a Private Message Click Here to Email Strider Visit Strider's homepage! Find more posts by Strider Add Strider to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DeathMerchant
UberSloth

Yeah, all items should be flagged. How to flag cash now, that would be tough. How would you flag an item bought with part admin cash?

DeathMerchant is offline Old Post 05-15-2001 03:38 AM
GoldenFlight
Mother Lode

Strider:

yessir...(***scratches head, confused****) I wasn't expecting you to....And if THAT's what you thought I was asking, I sincerely apologize! I thought the rule was, all characters had to be run past you for review before we were allowed to post them.
-----

Nobody touches Ileni but me.

New format already posted on Roleplaying Characters forum.

Last edited by GoldenFlight on 05-15-2001 at 05:28 AM

GoldenFlight is offline Old Post 05-15-2001 03:45 AM