Profile  Register  Calendar  Memberlist  FAQ  Search Home  
Tribes RPG Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.0.3 Tribes RPG Forums > Misc > Contributors Forum > Bashing etc
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post New Thread    Post A Reply
JeremyIrons
Tribes RPG Creator

You're mind is still set on T1RPG

a pack with 50 knives would never happen

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

JeremyIrons is offline Old Post 05-03-2001 12:43 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for JeremyIrons Click here to Send JeremyIrons a Private Message Visit JeremyIrons's homepage! Find more posts by JeremyIrons Add JeremyIrons to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GiB WaKeR
ZombieMauler

Cool

Magic:
Channel

Channels the elements and makes it so the spell uses up 0 scrolls for that spell.

Evocation

Damage based spells get a 25% damage bonus

Alteration

Heal based spells get a 25% heal bonus

Conjuration

Causes Teleport and Adv. Teleport to use 0 scrolls

GiB WaKeR is offline Old Post 05-03-2001 12:48 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for GiB WaKeR Click here to Send GiB WaKeR a Private Message Visit GiB WaKeR's homepage! Find more posts by GiB WaKeR Add GiB WaKeR to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JeremyIrons
Tribes RPG Creator

Also, there's no processing like that happening. The architecture behind items is completely different than what you're used to in TRPG, Tribes and T2.

JeremyIrons is offline Old Post 05-03-2001 12:50 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for JeremyIrons Click here to Send JeremyIrons a Private Message Visit JeremyIrons's homepage! Find more posts by JeremyIrons Add JeremyIrons to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GiB WaKeR
ZombieMauler

Cool

Maybe if I could try I'd understand better...
*nudge nudge wink wink* =P

For slashing:

Double Strike
Does 2 attacks in succession

Skew
Shoves the sword through the other opponent, causing great damage

Parry
Gives a random block with your sword

Kamitage
Causes player to jump up, and slash through the enemy's body. Causing tremendous damage

GiB WaKeR is offline Old Post 05-03-2001 12:54 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for GiB WaKeR Click here to Send GiB WaKeR a Private Message Visit GiB WaKeR's homepage! Find more posts by GiB WaKeR Add GiB WaKeR to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GiB WaKeR
ZombieMauler

Cool

Bludge:

Backstrike
Twirls to cause extra bludge damage (Ed: finishing the attack behind one's back)

Stun
Does regular damage and adds in a stun

Jackhammer
Causes player to jump up, and bludge the enemy's head.

GiB WaKeR is offline Old Post 05-03-2001 12:58 AM
GiB WaKeR
ZombieMauler

Archery:

Burst of Strength
Causes the archer to pull back on the string tighter than normal, which causes greater damage

Multi-Shot
Multiple arrows spray in all directions

Light Arrow
Causes arrow to burst into flames

Stunning Shot
Does damage and stuns target

GiB WaKeR is offline Old Post 05-03-2001 01:02 AM
GiB WaKeR
ZombieMauler

Cool

Piercing:

Backstab

Poison Snap
player dips dagger in poison before attack, causing damage over time

Knee-Cut
makes player move much slower while dealling damage

Cut Throat
huge ammounts of damage, only capable when behind enemy

GiB WaKeR is offline Old Post 05-03-2001 01:04 AM
tenabrae
RPG Lead Modeler

Bludgeoning's special is

- Bashing

- or head bash

- or crippling blow (crushes enemy arm or leg)

Slashing's special is

- Disembowel

- or Hamstring

- or Neck slash

Piercing's special is

- Backstabbing

- vital thrust (same thing but not with the behind connotation)

Archery's special is

- Kyujustu (ok it's japanese, it means 'the way of the ... traditionally it's the technique of firing without aiming because if all is aligned, 'the arrow knows the way') - i'd just make this have a much better hit chance

- or overdraw (when you pull the bow beyond its normal draw length for more power)

- or pin (slows the enemy by pinning him to the wall or through his foot)

Offensive Casting's special is

- essence overdrain

- or channeling

- or overpower(ing)

i like mana burn even though it has M:TG connotations.

generally i like the idea of expending some of your own energy (HP) for better spell effect.

[url=http://www.planetstarsiege.com/trinity/]Trinity Armaments[/url]

[i]please note - because of the stupidity of people using flash animations in their signature files, i do not view them[/i]

tenabrae is offline Old Post 05-03-2001 01:06 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for tenabrae Click here to Send tenabrae a Private Message Visit tenabrae's homepage! Find more posts by tenabrae Add tenabrae to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GiB WaKeR
ZombieMauler

Cool

H2H:

Elbow
Jams elbow into enemy's nose

Roundhouse
Does extra damage by roundhouse

Dragon Strike
Does 5 quick jabs and leaves enemy stunned

Elemental Ki
Causes the fighter's hands to glow and unleashes a 10 strike combo

Ed: Wasn't sure if this was going in, but just incase I decided to do this aswell

GiB WaKeR is offline Old Post 05-03-2001 01:10 AM
TridentRX
TravellerPaladin

hrm Ideas.

I like the double arrow thing for archery.

Cleaving . Hrmmm maybe a special skill for slashing that targets the enemies weapon or shield in effect dealing large amouts of damage to the items in effect damageing or destroying them. I think that would be a better skill for slashing.

Bashing I think this should be tuned down a bit with 1000 bashing you could knock someone across the entire map. It just isn't right maybe tuning this would be good.

Maybe a focusing attack for mages that increases the damage of thier spells or increases recovery time.

Overall I think we should do subskills. Where you would have a main skill and under it 5 or so sub skills. If you improve the main skill all skills improve a little but if you improve a sub skill only that one impoves. Like swordsmen wouldnt be as good with a axe if he has been using a sword most his life and vice versa. so you could have under slashing a subskill of swords, axes and Cleaving.

TridentRX is offline Old Post 05-03-2001 02:21 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for TridentRX Click here to Send TridentRX a Private Message Click Here to Email TridentRX Find more posts by TridentRX Add TridentRX to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Deus_ex_Machina
God from Machine

#powerup

Makes a mage "heavy" so they can walk a lil bit but are powering up. And the first spell they cast does more dmg or heals/shields more. Maybe a time limit to when the power up goes away?

Deus_ex_Machina is offline Old Post 05-03-2001 02:30 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Deus_ex_Machina Click here to Send Deus_ex_Machina a Private Message Click Here to Email Deus_ex_Machina Visit Deus_ex_Machina's homepage! Find more posts by Deus_ex_Machina Add Deus_ex_Machina to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JeremyIrons
Tribes RPG Creator

*****...did this ever stray off topic... sorta

I agree that the special thingies should be activated instead of being automatic, and that they could prove to be either beneficial or detrimental

JeremyIrons is offline Old Post 05-03-2001 02:38 AM
Rumble
ZombieMauler

Be aware that all ideas posted on these forums or privately messaged to any dev team member (including email) become property of the Tribes RPG team.

Rumble is offline Old Post 05-03-2001 03:09 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Rumble Click here to Send Rumble a Private Message Click Here to Email Rumble Find more posts by Rumble Add Rumble to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Toaster
Master of Toast

If they are activated instead of a random chance, then yes, disadvantages are completly fine.

Tenabrae: Yes, it's M:TG, but it still sounds cool.

Toaster

Read The Newbie Guide!

Toaster is offline Old Post 05-03-2001 05:12 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Toaster Click here to Send Toaster a Private Message Click Here to Email Toaster Visit Toaster's homepage! Find more posts by Toaster Add Toaster to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
FENIX
UndeadSkeleton

couple questions... could you possibly make it that arrows rebound? like the blaster in T2.. i think that would be really cool.. possibly one of the special attacks?

2nd question: Will spells be used like #cast or will they be weapons where you just fire and it is cast?

gth=4)">
gth=7)">Every Morning, A Warrior Wakes Up Knowing That He Has To Run Faster Than The Slowest Runt Or He Wont Level Up!

Every Day a Runt Wakes Up Knowing That He Has To Run Faster Than The Fastest Warrior Or He'll Die! !

Wether Your A Warrior Or A Runt, Every Morning When You Wake Up, You'd Better Be Running!!

My House----My Dad's-->

FENIX is offline Old Post 05-03-2001 05:39 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for FENIX Click here to Send FENIX a Private Message Click Here to Email FENIX Visit FENIX's homepage! Find more posts by FENIX Add FENIX to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
~SadFriend~
Emerald Archer

For Offensive Casting, something that starts with the word Summon. Summon is good by itself, but maybe add something add the end? I dunno, Summon Force, Summon Mana, Summon.. I had the word in my head a while ago.. Summon... Summon... Summon Toaster... Summon T.V. Remote....

Or maybe Convene?

Archery is a tough one, there is really no variation to shooting a bow and arrow..

~SadFriend~ is offline Old Post 05-03-2001 05:51 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for ~SadFriend~ Click here to Send ~SadFriend~ a Private Message Click Here to Email ~SadFriend~ Find more posts by ~SadFriend~ Add ~SadFriend~ to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GiB WaKeR
ZombieMauler

Cool

I know it wasn't the intent of your original post, but if I *know* you're gonna check back on the post and its "almost" on topic... Sieze The Day! =P

Special Attacks are fun(ner)... when your a high level, impress the newbies with your ub3r skillz of Jackhammering... instead of just whacking um for 1,000 points. ; )

Mixes it up a bit and makes it more intresting than tapping a button...

Maybe for TRPG, it displays a little button on the side of the screen of all the specials you can perform, and they only pop back up after a certain ammount of time.

GiB WaKeR is offline Old Post 05-03-2001 11:27 AM
Galadriel
Elven Queen

Bludgeoning's special is Bashing
Slashing's special is Cleave
Piercing's special is Backstabbing
Archery's special is Extra Shot (dont have a better name...)
Offensive Casting's special is Power Surge (correct spelling?)

Galadriel is offline Old Post 05-03-2001 12:38 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Galadriel Click here to Send Galadriel a Private Message Click Here to Email Galadriel Find more posts by Galadriel Add Galadriel to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Cloud
UndeadNecromancer

hmmmmmm (really bored)

My Idea's arent original, just my favorites out of what people suggested

Slashing: Amadextrious- The ability to use two slashing weapons simultaneously, without loosing coordination during strike

Buldeonging: "Batter-Up!"- Weapon hits from the side, as if swinging a bat, causing massive damage to rib cage and/or kidney/liver area

Archery: "Double Team"- Two Arrows fired consecutively cauing massive damage to two main parts of human anatomy, skull and heart

Video Being Fixed
Whoever b0rked my sig, don't56k'ers, don't try ^_^ | no more plugin dl!

Cloud is offline Old Post 05-03-2001 04:23 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Cloud Click here to Send Cloud a Private Message Find more posts by Cloud Add Cloud to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Coca_Bear
OgreRuffian

how about this...you have three meter bars..

One HP
Second MP
Third Special Hit

Evertime you hit a guy it some points on the Specila Hit and once it reaches the full amount it starts flashing and this allows the player to use a power hit and does alot of damage...then the Third Meter bar goes back to the start again??

What ya think?

Coca_Bear is offline Old Post 05-03-2001 05:35 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Coca_Bear Click here to Send Coca_Bear a Private Message Visit Coca_Bear's homepage! Find more posts by Coca_Bear Add Coca_Bear to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sanders
GnollHunter

Bludge:

NutCracker-causes target to kneel down in pain. (hint hint: Aim for the groin)

WhipLash-weak blow towards enemy, causes stun. (Ass whiplash)

Slash:
(Note: Some Moves can only be performed with certain swords)

Broad Swing: (Broadsword) Hits multiple targets within weapon range (i.e enemies within your FOV and range will be hit)

Range Strike: (Long sword) Hit farther away, same damage though.

Executioner: (Battle Axe, only) Chance of killing enemy in one hit, other wise, does little to no damage

Claymore Cannon: (Claymore, duh) upon striking enemy, a blast line will erupt. Takes a large toll on your claymore's hp unfortunately (approx 90% of claymore HP) (If enemies are lined up, they will be harmed alot)

Pierce: N/A

Archery:

Str8Shot: Fires an arrow that goes straight, and straight through enemies too (Hits multiple targets if enemies are lined up.)

Arrow Bomb: Light up some primitive explosives, shoot it like an arrows, leaves a smoke trail, goes KABOOM on impact, whaddya got?

Offensive: N/A (or idea was already stated)

If you are viewing sig, I am sorry for the size, but due to the large number of ppl not viewing sigs, I don't care.

Sanders is offline Old Post 05-03-2001 05:56 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Sanders Click here to Send Sanders a Private Message Click Here to Email Sanders Visit Sanders's homepage! Find more posts by Sanders Add Sanders to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Vectrex
Quest Master

You guys need to try actually reading the thread you are posting in. That way you can see which direction things are going in and you can post ideas that may actually be relevant.

The special archery attack is firing two arrows at once in a kind of split fire formation (ala robin hood movie).
The question at hand is: What shall we call it?

Dual-Shot?
Dual-Strike?
something else?

Vectrex is offline Old Post 05-03-2001 05:59 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Vectrex Click here to Send Vectrex a Private Message Click Here to Email Vectrex Find more posts by Vectrex Add Vectrex to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bladerunner
MinotaurReaper

Maybe duo?

bladerunner is offline Old Post 05-03-2001 06:09 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for bladerunner Click here to Send bladerunner a Private Message Click Here to Email bladerunner Visit bladerunner's homepage! Find more posts by bladerunner Add bladerunner to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Coca_Bear
OgreRuffian

what about my idea?

Coca_Bear is offline Old Post 05-03-2001 07:06 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Coca_Bear Click here to Send Coca_Bear a Private Message Visit Coca_Bear's homepage! Find more posts by Coca_Bear Add Coca_Bear to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bladerunner
MinotaurReaper

#duo would be good... If you are pking someone I wouldn't want to type #doubleshot... if you didnt have a script.

bladerunner is offline Old Post 05-03-2001 07:22 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for bladerunner Click here to Send bladerunner a Private Message Click Here to Email bladerunner Visit bladerunner's homepage! Find more posts by bladerunner Add bladerunner to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Vectrex
Quest Master

The best way would be to have one #special command that would do the special attack of whatever weapon you were holding.
Actually, i think having special functions that require special key bindings or a chat menu would be more efficient code wise. It seems like a function call would be more efficient than parsing a ton of # commands (but what do i know).

Right now i'm thinking about a default actions menu that could be in the download
vat = throw
vae = extra attack
vam = meditate
vaz = sleep
vas = sit

Coca, see my last post.

Vectrex is offline Old Post 05-03-2001 07:58 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Vectrex Click here to Send Vectrex a Private Message Click Here to Email Vectrex Find more posts by Vectrex Add Vectrex to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Xanlok
GoblinRaider

Archery....

Well, I guess the ideas about archery are ok, but how about you get a new special skill once a sertain level is reached... say...

1st level - No special skills yet.

2nd level- Enchanted Arrow - Does more damage and is a magic arrow so costs nothing, but uses up one "charge"

3rd Level- No new special abilities

4th Level- No new Special Abilities

5th Level- " " " "

6th Level- Arrow of Light - Basic fire arrow, does more damage, lights the enemy on fire, and does damage over time...

7th level- No new Special Abilities

8th Level- " " " "

9th Level- " " "

10th Level- Seeker Arrow - Arrow that traces down its enemies, even goes around corners, but can be stopped by a shield, does a little less damage then normal because of its flight velocity.

11th Level- Nothing

12th Level- Nothing

13th Level- Nothing

14th Level- Greater Enchanted Arrow - Does more damage then the regular one and takes 2 charges instead of one.

15th Level- Nothing

16th Level- Nothing

17th Level- Nothing

18Th Level- Nothing

19th Level- Nothing

20th Level- Phase Arrow - Arrow travels through any non magical type wall and seeks out the target. It flies in a straight line.

21st Level- Nothing

22nd Level- Nothing

23rd Level- Nothing

24th Level- Nothing

25th Level- Nothing

26th Level- Nothing

27th Level- Nothing

28th Level- Nothing

29th Level- Nothing

30th Level- Hail of Arrows - Archer fires several arrows at his/her enemy. Unfortuantely with the fury comes a draw back, less time for fire but less damage on all but the first arrow shot. At 50th level this skill can shoot 5 arrows.

40th Level- Poison Arrow or Cancel Arrow - Poison arrow does a 400 damage over time spell... Cancel Arrow takes away an effect, such as a magical shield or a poison, does no to little damage.

50th Level- The last special arrow in the list. Arrow of Death, instantly kills its target, its disadvantages are you can only use it once per 2 days and you cannot be very far away from your target...

I think that this list will help some people decide on archery . Its alot of fun, so I made this list to coincide :p. Cya.

Xanlok is offline Old Post 05-03-2001 08:31 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Xanlok Click here to Send Xanlok a Private Message Click Here to Email Xanlok Find more posts by Xanlok Add Xanlok to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TridentRX
TravellerPaladin

Post ...

Because your allowing weapon shield breakage you should make the slashings special target weapons and shields to do extra damage to them.

ex.

Trident_rx uses the special skill for slashing and severly damages his opponets shield.

TridentRX is offline Old Post 05-03-2001 08:55 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for TridentRX Click here to Send TridentRX a Private Message Click Here to Email TridentRX Find more posts by TridentRX Add TridentRX to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Boxbanger
GnollShaman

Cool i got it

Bludgeoning's special is Bashing
Slashing's special is sliceing
Piercing's special is Backstabbing
Archery's special is sureshot
Offensive Casting's special is powerboost

Boxbanger is offline Old Post 05-03-2001 09:39 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Boxbanger Click here to Send Boxbanger a Private Message Click Here to Email Boxbanger Find more posts by Boxbanger Add Boxbanger to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rumble
ZombieMauler

These are some cool ideas... making me want to play even more!!!!!

But... I still think for Archery we need something more realistic and simple like Bludge's bash and pierce's backstab. Draw is my favourite idea for Archery. Or, extended draw, or something of that sort.

Rumble is offline Old Post 05-03-2001 10:04 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Rumble Click here to Send Rumble a Private Message Click Here to Email Rumble Find more posts by Rumble Add Rumble to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote