Profile  Register  Calendar  Memberlist  FAQ  Search Home  
Tribes RPG Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.0.3 Tribes RPG Forums > Misc > Contributors Forum > Bashing etc
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post New Thread    Post A Reply
JeremyIrons
Tribes RPG Creator

Need some names..

Bludgeoning's special is Bashing
Slashing's special is _____
Piercing's special is Backstabbing
Archery's special is _____
Offensive Casting's special is _____

Those are the only ones i need special abilities for

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

JeremyIrons is offline Old Post 05-02-2001 11:03 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for JeremyIrons Click here to Send JeremyIrons a Private Message Visit JeremyIrons's homepage! Find more posts by JeremyIrons Add JeremyIrons to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Vectrex
Quest Master

Slashing's special is Backslashing.

Slashes them in the back of the knees and makes them fall down.

Vectrex is offline Old Post 05-02-2001 11:11 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Vectrex Click here to Send Vectrex a Private Message Click Here to Email Vectrex Find more posts by Vectrex Add Vectrex to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Angel Kill
OrcRavager

Force? Be a little more original there Jedi Master...;P...if i think of something i'll post it, btw i like the rest....

"You all stare, but you'll never see, there's something inside me.
You all stare, but you'll never see, there's something in you i despise."

Angel Kill is offline Old Post 05-02-2001 11:11 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Angel Kill Click here to Send Angel Kill a Private Message Click Here to Email Angel Kill Visit Angel Kill's homepage! Find more posts by Angel Kill Add Angel Kill to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Angel Kill
OrcRavager

how about Conjure for Cast?

"You all stare, but you'll never see, there's something inside me.
You all stare, but you'll never see, there's something in you i despise."

Angel Kill is offline Old Post 05-02-2001 11:13 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Angel Kill Click here to Send Angel Kill a Private Message Click Here to Email Angel Kill Visit Angel Kill's homepage! Find more posts by Angel Kill Add Angel Kill to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JeremyIrons
Tribes RPG Creator

I like Cleaving

I'd prefer to change sniping...sounds too modern
I like Conjuring, but open for other suggestions on that one

and btw these will be activated automatically... chance of doing a special action is based on skill

JeremyIrons is offline Old Post 05-02-2001 11:15 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for JeremyIrons Click here to Send JeremyIrons a Private Message Visit JeremyIrons's homepage! Find more posts by JeremyIrons Add JeremyIrons to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rumble
ZombieMauler

Slashing's special is Swing (not so great... all I can think of... you wind up and take a massive swing at the enemy...if you think about it... that could hurt)
Archery's special is Draw (hold the arrow back longer thus resulting in a faster projectile)
Off. Cast's special is Freeze (okay... not so great ideas from Rummy... this could be a small 10 second thorn-like spurt that freezes an enemy...or are you looking for something else...)

Rumble is offline Old Post 05-02-2001 11:16 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Rumble Click here to Send Rumble a Private Message Click Here to Email Rumble Find more posts by Rumble Add Rumble to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JeremyIrons
Tribes RPG Creator

Rumble, that gave me an idea..

How about for archery, something along the lines of Fire
The arrow would launch on fire and have a smoke trail =)

JeremyIrons is offline Old Post 05-02-2001 11:17 PM
Rumble
ZombieMauler

Yeah, I was trying to think of a name for that... how about... "Lit Draw"?

hmmm... wheres my thesaurus

Rumble is offline Old Post 05-02-2001 11:19 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Rumble Click here to Send Rumble a Private Message Click Here to Email Rumble Find more posts by Rumble Add Rumble to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Toaster
Master of Toast

Archery: Pierce

Extra damage and arrow goes through.

Slashing: Cleave or Double Hit

Cleave is extra strong slash.

Double Hit is a second hit.

Offensive Casting: Mana Burn

A little more mana is used, but extra damage and target is stunned slightly.

How would Backstab be triggered automatically? Wouldn't it have to be a back attack?

Toaster

Read The Newbie Guide!

Toaster is offline Old Post 05-02-2001 11:22 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Toaster Click here to Send Toaster a Private Message Click Here to Email Toaster Visit Toaster's homepage! Find more posts by Toaster Add Toaster to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JeremyIrons
Tribes RPG Creator

backstab already is activated automatically...

as for mana, there won't be any in t2rpg

shall i elaborate? >=)

JeremyIrons is offline Old Post 05-02-2001 11:25 PM
Vectrex
Quest Master

I think the special attacks should have to be activated, and if a special attack fails, it takes more time to recover. It would add some much strategy to fighting.

Also, the special attacks should do something special, not just do more dammage.
Bashing pushes the guy back
Backstab just does more damage, but you have to be sneaky to use it
Slashing special should knock the guy down

Wouldnt flaming arrows just be a different kind of arrow?

Offensive casting seems like its own special attack.

Vectrex is offline Old Post 05-02-2001 11:25 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Vectrex Click here to Send Vectrex a Private Message Click Here to Email Vectrex Find more posts by Vectrex Add Vectrex to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Vectrex
Quest Master

quote:
Originally posted by JeremyIrons

shall i elaborate? >=)

Yes.

Vectrex is offline Old Post 05-02-2001 11:29 PM
Toaster
Master of Toast

No mana?

Is there a new name for it, or have spell casting mechanics changed?

Toaster

Read The Newbie Guide!

Toaster is offline Old Post 05-02-2001 11:30 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Toaster Click here to Send Toaster a Private Message Click Here to Email Toaster Visit Toaster's homepage! Find more posts by Toaster Add Toaster to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JeremyIrons
Tribes RPG Creator

I will elaborate:

For the purposes of balance, all attacks use ammo. Whether or not it's called ammo is a different thing.

Bows use arrows
Spells use charges
Swords use "sharpness"

-Arrows depleat and you have to buy more. that's easy enough.

-Different spells use a different amount of charges, and these must be purchased (they could look like scrolls or something), or perhaps you would need potions to get more charges.

-First, sharpening a sword would be more expensive then buying charges or buying arrows. The reason for this is because swords only unsharpen when a hit is made. An archer could waste all his/her arrows without hitting anything, and same goes for spellcasting and charges. You would see a blacksmith and the sword's "health" would be replenished. Using a dull sword would either cause 0 damage, or perhaps 1 damage only.

And FYI, ATK has been changed in favor of rolls a-la-AD&D. However the weapon damage DOES increase if you have more skill.

JeremyIrons is offline Old Post 05-02-2001 11:30 PM
Vectrex
Quest Master

Special attack for archery: remember that scene in robin hood price of thieves where he shoots two arrows at once and hits two people? That would be awesome looking, and it would work with any kind of arrow, including flaming.

Vectrex is offline Old Post 05-02-2001 11:31 PM
Rumble
ZombieMauler

Sharpening swords... ooh... this could tie in with a certain blacksmith... *hint hint*

*cough* H'Dero *cough*

lol :p

Rumble is offline Old Post 05-02-2001 11:34 PM
JeremyIrons
Tribes RPG Creator

Good idea vec, i like that one.

What should it be called?

JeremyIrons is offline Old Post 05-02-2001 11:36 PM
Vectrex
Quest Master

OR Special archery attack: Does a long range shot like this, you point at what you want to shoot at, and the game calculates the angle you have to fire at to hit that point and fires it at that angle, ala football mod.

Vectrex is offline Old Post 05-02-2001 11:37 PM
JeremyIrons
Tribes RPG Creator

that's what happens with arrows in t1rpg, vec...

JeremyIrons is offline Old Post 05-02-2001 11:38 PM
Toaster
Master of Toast

Ok, costs an extra charge. You could still call it Mana Burn.

Toaster

Read The Newbie Guide!

Toaster is offline Old Post 05-02-2001 11:38 PM
Rumble
ZombieMauler

Okay, here's what I think goes best as of now

Slashing: Cleave
Archery: Ignite Arrow
Off. cast: Mana Burn

Rumble is offline Old Post 05-02-2001 11:41 PM
Vectrex
Quest Master

I meant like have it shoot at the higher angle versus the lower angle. So it goes way up in the air and comes down like a minute later.. er i guess that wouldnt be very effective.

Vectrex is offline Old Post 05-02-2001 11:41 PM
Rumble
ZombieMauler

Oh and for the ignite arrow, you should only have like 20 seconds until you catch fire hehe

Rumble is offline Old Post 05-02-2001 11:42 PM
Vectrex
Quest Master

Offensive casting: does more dammage if it works, but if it fails you cant move for a second, cause you're weak from the effort involved or something. call it Focus or Chant or Concentrate

Vectrex is offline Old Post 05-02-2001 11:46 PM
Toaster
Master of Toast

If this is a bonus, it shouldn't really backfire.

JI: How's T2RPG coding going?

Toaster

Read The Newbie Guide!

Toaster is offline Old Post 05-02-2001 11:49 PM
Rumble
ZombieMauler

Mind Focus!

Rumble is offline Old Post 05-02-2001 11:49 PM
Vectrex
Quest Master

quote:
Originally posted by Toaster
If this is a bonus, it shouldn't really backfire.

JI: How's T2RPG coding going?

Thats what i'm saying, it shouldnt just be a bonus. Hell if you just have bonus damage every once in a while, why not just average it out over the regular attacks?

I propose making the special attacks a calculated risk capable of doing greater dammage, but leaving you open if it fails. So you wouldnt want to try an ultra agressive attack against a powerful enemy that will block it.

Not being able to move is a bit harsh, maybe just make it so you move slowly for a few seconds if it fails.

Vectrex is offline Old Post 05-02-2001 11:54 PM
Sipe1
GoblinThief

Mabe for slashing, you can do something called a combo slice. And it will hit a person really fast! heh
For archery umm... the only thing i can think of is a power hit or somethin. For OC, how bout you can sum up a whole bunch of zombies from the ground and the zombies will attack the person you targeted. Or mabe you can you the new lightning effect in T2 to be able to call for lightning and strike the person to targeted for lots of dmg.

Level: 124
RL: 25
Last updated 10/15/01

Sipe1 is offline Old Post 05-03-2001 12:04 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Sipe1 Click here to Send Sipe1 a Private Message Click Here to Email Sipe1 Find more posts by Sipe1 Add Sipe1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Vectrex
Quest Master

JI, if every weapon has its own hp plus possible bonuses (enchanted sword etc), when you pick up a pack that has 50 knives in it, isnt that going to be a ton of data that has to be shuffled around?

Vectrex is offline Old Post 05-03-2001 12:12 AM
SilverHorse
Banned

He has a point. Would Lag server.

SilverHorse is offline Old Post 05-03-2001 12:20 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for SilverHorse Click here to Send SilverHorse a Private Message Click Here to Email SilverHorse Find more posts by SilverHorse Add SilverHorse to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote