Profile  Register  Calendar  Memberlist  FAQ  Search Home  
Tribes RPG Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.0.3 Tribes RPG Forums > Misc > Contributors Forum > Topics: Quests for T2RPG and my storyline team
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post New Thread    Post A Reply
GoldenFlight
Mother Lode

np Strider. Glad you like the new layout. Looks a little classier.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

GoldenFlight is offline Old Post 05-11-2001 10:58 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for GoldenFlight Click here to Send GoldenFlight a Private Message Click Here to Email GoldenFlight Find more posts by GoldenFlight Add GoldenFlight to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
~SadFriend~
Emerald Archer

Hahah. I dunno.. I just was walking through the grocery store one day, and I turned my head to the right for some strange reason, and I saw the "Wheaties: Breakfast of Champions" cereal. All I could think of then was the Uber picture with the burger..

Funny!

Anyway, Strider, I'm up to it. Tell me what to do.

~SadFriend~ is offline Old Post 05-12-2001 05:26 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for ~SadFriend~ Click here to Send ~SadFriend~ a Private Message Click Here to Email ~SadFriend~ Find more posts by ~SadFriend~ Add ~SadFriend~ to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Xanlok
GoblinRaider

Sorry guys... I hate to break your hearts... but you arent that great at rpg :(. Check out www.ashendawn.com and look at their rp forums, check out what I mean... you up your standerds to theirs.. you might get some more role players bro... cya strider .

-Black_Hawk

Xanlok is offline Old Post 05-12-2001 07:03 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Xanlok Click here to Send Xanlok a Private Message Click Here to Email Xanlok Find more posts by Xanlok Add Xanlok to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Strider
TRPG Story Master

I'm not talking rp'ing xanlok....

I'm talking about writing a storyline.

are you stupid or something?

Strider
TRPG Story Master

Strider is offline Old Post 05-12-2001 12:32 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Strider Click here to Send Strider a Private Message Click Here to Email Strider Visit Strider's homepage! Find more posts by Strider Add Strider to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Strider
TRPG Story Master

and who are you to compare? this is just start up, twerp...

I'm sorry if i sound mad, but my pinky is broken and it hurts

Strider
TRPG Story Master

Strider is offline Old Post 05-12-2001 12:36 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Strider Click here to Send Strider a Private Message Click Here to Email Strider Visit Strider's homepage! Find more posts by Strider Add Strider to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GiB WaKeR
ZombieMauler

Cool

Yeesh, I hate it when people snap after getting a little critism or comparison. Theres nothing wrong with trying to get better, and having something to model after and hopefully surpass isn't ever a bad thing.

Nobody likes to be told they aren't the best, but lets try and take a step back and realise most comments aren't malicious at heart, though they aren't praising...

(TRPG Exe thread for example)

GiB WaKeR is offline Old Post 05-12-2001 02:30 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for GiB WaKeR Click here to Send GiB WaKeR a Private Message Visit GiB WaKeR's homepage! Find more posts by GiB WaKeR Add GiB WaKeR to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
~SadFriend~
Emerald Archer

Gibby, I think Strider was saying that Xanlok was making a comparison to a different type of RP'ing, while this thread isn't even about Community RolePlaying.

And for the wall of 1337, I wouldn't mind being a cross-dresser :P

~SadFriend~ is offline Old Post 05-12-2001 07:45 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for ~SadFriend~ Click here to Send ~SadFriend~ a Private Message Click Here to Email ~SadFriend~ Find more posts by ~SadFriend~ Add ~SadFriend~ to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Xanlok
GoblinRaider

Actually, I didnt want to offend anyone, I was telling you that you may want to up it a bit. You only have a few "key" roleplayers because they are the only one who can get past the character creation part of the mix. Aye, I know that they are different types of Roleplay yours is planed, theirs is not. Yet theirs is better. Now Strider I dont want to make you mad, but by general fault planned RP is usually better. Now, I would actually call your board a miny RPG board. *shrug* You wanna know who I am to critizise you? 5 years of AD&D 10 years of story boards... I know what im talking about. I have also written lots of Shortstorys and roleplayed ALOT. You wanna get mad Strider, curss into your drink or something, im trying to help you not harm you. Cya.

-Black_Hawk

Xanlok is offline Old Post 05-12-2001 09:26 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Xanlok Click here to Send Xanlok a Private Message Click Here to Email Xanlok Find more posts by Xanlok Add Xanlok to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DeathMerchant
UberSloth

I have mixed feelings about character files. On one hand, they weed out most of the idiots(not me, however), on the other, they often discourage new RPers, as well as limit creativity and prevent dramatic stories.

Take your pick.

DeathMerchant is offline Old Post 05-12-2001 09:31 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for DeathMerchant Click here to Send DeathMerchant a Private Message Click Here to Email DeathMerchant Find more posts by DeathMerchant Add DeathMerchant to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rumble
ZombieMauler

Okay, sorry for not being around. My mouse was all buggered up... ask Strider, I ranted in his ear for an hour on the phone a couple days ago

Anyhoo, I'd love to help. Haven't talked to most of you lately, and you know I didn't notice Goldy to be entirely insane until recently...

And Gibby, is there any progress on my "leet" little guy? I seem to have been forgotten :p

Rumble is offline Old Post 05-12-2001 10:09 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Rumble Click here to Send Rumble a Private Message Click Here to Email Rumble Find more posts by Rumble Add Rumble to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DeathMerchant
UberSloth

Thats because she wasn't entirely insane....just mostly. :-)

DeathMerchant is offline Old Post 05-12-2001 10:11 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for DeathMerchant Click here to Send DeathMerchant a Private Message Click Here to Email DeathMerchant Find more posts by DeathMerchant Add DeathMerchant to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rumble
ZombieMauler

Ah...

Rumble is offline Old Post 05-12-2001 10:12 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Rumble Click here to Send Rumble a Private Message Click Here to Email Rumble Find more posts by Rumble Add Rumble to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GiB WaKeR
ZombieMauler

Cool

No Comment... =)

GiB WaKeR is offline Old Post 05-12-2001 10:39 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for GiB WaKeR Click here to Send GiB WaKeR a Private Message Visit GiB WaKeR's homepage! Find more posts by GiB WaKeR Add GiB WaKeR to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Xanlok
GoblinRaider

Well, my character (sorry once again for being off topic :(. ) was turned down because he didnt follow a sertain type, Shadow, Hero, or Grunt. Well, none of those applied to my character so I decided not to RP, now I am no idiot, so weeds out the idiots? How about weeds out the people who dont feel like spending an hour + doing a character background and thinking of traits etc, I think you guys should set up your own system/tabel top style rpg, because thats what you are creating, yet you arent setting any rules. The only rules you set is in a Tribes table top rpg box which includes guns and such. *shrug* I know this is just my two cents, but please dont flame me too hard :cry: im just tryin to make your board what I think I could see in it, it has TONS and I repeat TONS of potential! It could even expand to a mIRC room . Really, you have a good idea set, but lay down some ground rules, give players more choices, let them be what they want their character to be . Another thing, your rp is a bit "godlike" in the sense that one player can take down a army of orcs... now if that is based on trpg the game, sure you can, but if its based on well, fantasy/real life you wouldnt be able to, your character would be mobbed in seconds. *shrug* Just some more cents to throw in . :cry: Sowwie if I caused any trouble, I just really do see potential...

-Black_Hawk

Xanlok is offline Old Post 05-12-2001 10:41 PM
DeathMerchant
UberSloth

Post your char here...let me see what you have...ignore class, mine don't fit real great either...

PS: If you look at my post, you'll notice that I said it also discourages good people from posting....

DeathMerchant is offline Old Post 05-12-2001 10:55 PM
GoldenFlight
Mother Lode

1) DeathMerchant: you're not an idiot, you're one of the most level-headed mellow guys out here and that's saying a lot. And I LOVE the way you write.

2) Rumble: phththth. I HAVE to be insane to be out here. OOPS, did I just dis everybody???? Bad Llama! Bad Llama!

3)Xanlok: I understand the feeling about wanting to help people and seeing potential and getting totally misunderstood. Happens to me ALL the time. People either think I'm brown-nosing (GAWD I HATE THAT!!!!), or just plain stupid and ignore me. (see note #2 to Rumble above!) Nobody believes that I just have a good heart and an overly-generous nature. :p

If you think you can contribute helpful stuff, keep plugging away at it, as long as it doesn't flame or trash anybody (and I'm not saying you did.)

4) Strider: we love you and its gonna be great when we get things rolling. It's taking a lot of effort and energy on your part and we all wanna help.

-Goldy

GoldenFlight

Level:90
Remort:1
Class:Necro/Death Minion
Race:Elf
House Fenyar Website

Last edited by GoldenFlight on 05-13-2001 at 12:31 AM

GoldenFlight is offline Old Post 05-12-2001 11:40 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for GoldenFlight Click here to Send GoldenFlight a Private Message Click Here to Email GoldenFlight Find more posts by GoldenFlight Add GoldenFlight to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rumble
ZombieMauler

quote:
Originally posted by GoldenFlight

2) Rumble: phththth.

How do you pronounce that?

Rumble is offline Old Post 05-12-2001 11:48 PM
Toaster
Master of Toast

Like this.

Attachment: pth.wav
This has been downloaded 17 time(s).

Toaster

Read The Newbie Guide!

Toaster is offline Old Post 05-12-2001 11:51 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Toaster Click here to Send Toaster a Private Message Click Here to Email Toaster Visit Toaster's homepage! Find more posts by Toaster Add Toaster to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rumble
ZombieMauler

...Thanks, Toaster.

Rumble is offline Old Post 05-13-2001 12:05 AM
Toaster
Master of Toast

No problem.

Toaster

Read The Newbie Guide!

Toaster is offline Old Post 05-13-2001 12:07 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Toaster Click here to Send Toaster a Private Message Click Here to Email Toaster Visit Toaster's homepage! Find more posts by Toaster Add Toaster to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GoldenFlight
Mother Lode

ROFL

and I'm the one with problems.....?

Lol!

Toaster goes in my hall o'fame dry humor spot!

Heh Rumble, you know I think Decepticons rock!

GoldenFlight is offline Old Post 05-13-2001 12:15 AM
DeathMerchant
UberSloth

Thanks for the compliment Goldy! BTW, I didn't say I was an idiot, just that my character, DeathMerchant doesn't fit too neatly into any predetermined slots. I just took the closest one. If only you knew the twists I'm planning for him....

PS: I've never seen anyone accusing you of brown-nosing...

DeathMerchant is offline Old Post 05-13-2001 12:22 AM
GoldenFlight
Mother Lode

Heheh, I can't wait to find out!!

GoldenFlight is offline Old Post 05-13-2001 12:29 AM
Rumble
ZombieMauler

Goldy, why does your avatar and sig keep disappearing?

Rumble is offline Old Post 05-13-2001 12:43 AM
GoldenFlight
Mother Lode

well the avatar is gone because after all the stuff about the sigs, I didn't feel like laughing.

My sig....in an effort to be sensitive to the folks who have problems with sigs, I am trying to NOT use it on the private forum, and only sparingly on the public (ie: not in EVERY reply in the same thread.)

Maybe I'm being overly courteous...but there it is.

Am I a doormat? He** no! When it counts, I will not only stand up for what's right, I will personally ensure that the person who's obstructing justice annihilates himself.

It's just a sig...I can afford to be flexible.

GoldenFlight is offline Old Post 05-13-2001 12:57 AM
DeathMerchant
UberSloth

I've been doing the same thing with mine, partly because I post a lot, partly because people gripe about it, and partly 'cause I like to check this forum occasionally from my dialup connection.

DeathMerchant is offline Old Post 05-13-2001 01:07 AM
Rumble
ZombieMauler

I think my sig should be toned down as well. I love Strider's and... you made his... soo...

*steps beside Goldy*

Rumble is offline Old Post 05-13-2001 01:27 AM
GoldenFlight
Mother Lode

are you asking for a new sig or help with the current one...? LOL!

cuz the EASY thing to do for you is one of two things:

take the "hows that feel" and shrink it with the text next to it. Or take a Decepticon and put the text next to it. I could draw something also, I did a few originals.

GoldenFlight is offline Old Post 05-13-2001 01:35 AM
Rumble
ZombieMauler

Well I want to take out the buttocks kissing lady and have a pic of yours truly with the quotes at the side like Striders...shall we meet on ICQ? :p

Rumble is offline Old Post 05-13-2001 01:36 AM
Xanlok
GoblinRaider

Heh I did post my char btw on the RP Char forum . But it got turned down sadly because I guess I messed up a few traits and the cass, sowwie .

Xanlok is offline Old Post 05-13-2001 02:17 AM