Profile  Register  Calendar  Memberlist  FAQ  Search Home  
Tribes RPG Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.0.3 Tribes RPG Forums > Misc > Contributors Forum > about modeling contributers
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Orion_613
GoblinThief

im sure most of you allready know this but ill say it anyways :P

I noticed in the design doc thread that JI said contributers would have to be kept to a minimum do to possible publishing and money distribution or something like that. The thing is, if money is made off the game, every signel model must be made with a Valid and paid for copy of 3d studio Max r3 (or whatever version is compatible). In other words, if you are using warez, a borrowed copy, evaluation copy, educational copy, anything that u havent paid for yourself, you can and might be sued.

It is illegal just to possess the copy, (if warez or borrowed) however, companies like Kinetix and Discreet do not care AS LONG AS YOU DONT MAKE MONEY OFF IT....

like i said, im sure most of you know this, however i hear alot of talk about people who cant wait to make stuff with their warez (i being one of them )

btw, about the cloaking mine thing i posted about in the design doc thread, currently when you cloak in tribes 2, the cloaked person becomes ALMOST invisible, there is a "disterbance" where they should be (kinda like Metal Gear Solid, if uve ever played that)

The Road To Hell Is Paved With Good Intentions

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Orion_613 is offline Old Post 04-06-2001 08:46 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Orion_613 Click here to Send Orion_613 a Private Message Click Here to Email Orion_613 Find more posts by Orion_613 Add Orion_613 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Vectrex
Quest Master

Innocent untill proven guilty. My copy of 3d studio max is bought and paid for, try and prove me wrong without illegal search and seizure.

Vectrex is offline Old Post 04-06-2001 02:06 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Vectrex Click here to Send Vectrex a Private Message Click Here to Email Vectrex Find more posts by Vectrex Add Vectrex to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Mir

Exactly, they cant search without a good reason, and "he made some 3Dsmax models" is not good enough.

And its not like the models have imbedded tags that say the software used to create them was pirated, nor do the tags say what the key of the program used was...

so theres really no problem.

Besides, I use 3DSMax at school a lot, and they have it liscenced, obviously.

Old Post 04-06-2001 06:45 PM
Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tenabrae
RPG Lead Modeler

windows

like we all have legal copies of windows if you want to go that far.

my MAX is legit ... but a reality issue like that isn't ever going to come up, especially given we have to convert to a dynamix proprietary format, they can't even trace it back as far as MAX except on an assumption ... besides there's always "i made them on a friend's machine, he moved away last week and i don't remember his name"

[url=http://www.planetstarsiege.com/trinity/]Trinity Armaments[/url]

[i]please note - because of the stupidity of people using flash animations in their signature files, i do not view them[/i]

tenabrae is offline Old Post 04-15-2001 01:18 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for tenabrae Click here to Send tenabrae a Private Message Visit tenabrae's homepage! Find more posts by tenabrae Add tenabrae to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Mir

Aaaah gotta love innocent till proven guilty

Old Post 04-15-2001 05:38 PM
Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote