Profile  Register  Calendar  Memberlist  FAQ  Search Home  
Tribes RPG Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.0.3 Tribes RPG Forums > Misc > Contributors Forum > Possible Final release for T1RPG
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Arthur
MinotaurGoliath

i think you should put Jumping on hills back in and maybe change the sky.. leave yolanda though thats cool

King Arthur

Level:250
Remort:16
Class:Paladin/Knight
Race:Human
House Fenyar Website

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Arthur is offline Old Post 06-17-2001 03:08 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Arthur Click here to Send Arthur a Private Message Click Here to Email Arthur Find more posts by Arthur Add Arthur to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Deus_ex_Machina
God from Machine

JI, hows Ironsphere going?

Heheh (I made that)

Deus_ex_Machina is offline Old Post 06-17-2001 08:47 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Deus_ex_Machina Click here to Send Deus_ex_Machina a Private Message Click Here to Email Deus_ex_Machina Visit Deus_ex_Machina's homepage! Find more posts by Deus_ex_Machina Add Deus_ex_Machina to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JeremyIrons
Tribes RPG Creator

the update is pretty much done

just needs testing i suppose

JeremyIrons is offline Old Post 06-22-2001 04:48 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for JeremyIrons Click here to Send JeremyIrons a Private Message Visit JeremyIrons's homepage! Find more posts by JeremyIrons Add JeremyIrons to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Chee2
TravellerMarauder

hmm..

will the final still have support for all the old skins and stuff? or will everything be converted to the new?

just wondering if i have a whole buttload of work coming to get my rev to keep working hehe

-Chee -Sancho Whatever

Red Moon RPG Website

Chee2 is offline Old Post 06-22-2001 07:00 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Chee2 Click here to Send Chee2 a Private Message Click Here to Email Chee2 Visit Chee2's homepage! Find more posts by Chee2 Add Chee2 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Arthur
MinotaurGoliath

if your still gonna add soem thing, can you add the old keep back? the old Uberzone? was laggy but i liked it thanx

King Arthur

House Fenyar Website

Arthur is offline Old Post 06-22-2001 07:39 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Arthur Click here to Send Arthur a Private Message Click Here to Email Arthur Find more posts by Arthur Add Arthur to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DeathMerchant
UberSloth

I like the new tracking system, but, it would make it difficult for someone with awesome sence heading to be tracked when they wanted to be.

I suggest that you have a command that drops scent, or whatever it is that you plan to call it. Min skill would be 100 sence heading or therabouts.

It would be useful for guiding others to a site. (the well, etc)

The old Uberzone would be nice... perhaps...could we have both somehow? another dungeon wouldn't hurt....two more types of tougher ubers in one. In the old style uber, have the sloths spawn with Claymores again. :smilie: Sound good?

DeathMerchant is offline Old Post 06-22-2001 08:03 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for DeathMerchant Click here to Send DeathMerchant a Private Message Click Here to Email DeathMerchant Find more posts by DeathMerchant Add DeathMerchant to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JeremyIrons
Tribes RPG Creator

what the hell... why didn't you post suggestions BEFORE i finished the update... this post was stagnant for about a week, then i post that I've finished the changes, and THEN you start posting suggestions...
geez..

JeremyIrons is offline Old Post 06-23-2001 04:36 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for JeremyIrons Click here to Send JeremyIrons a Private Message Visit JeremyIrons's homepage! Find more posts by JeremyIrons Add JeremyIrons to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Deus_ex_Machina
God from Machine

DeathMerchant was sick for about a week...

Deus_ex_Machina is offline Old Post 06-23-2001 04:43 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Deus_ex_Machina Click here to Send Deus_ex_Machina a Private Message Click Here to Email Deus_ex_Machina Visit Deus_ex_Machina's homepage! Find more posts by Deus_ex_Machina Add Deus_ex_Machina to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JeremyIrons
Tribes RPG Creator

well i might change the uber zone (i'll make one), but apart from that it's done.

if you guys want AirFist back in, tell me how you want it, and i'll put it back in before i release on monday. Hurry...

FYI there's a LOT of stuff that i added that isn't on that list.. for example: new music for EVERY zone, new mino maze, new arena, fixed up crypt (looks scaaaaaaary)... anyway, i won't spoil it much more

JeremyIrons is offline Old Post 06-23-2001 05:42 PM
Deus_ex_Machina
God from Machine

Sounds cool =]

Did you make a cap for bashing yet?(Not dmg cap but a cap on how far you fly...and if you put AirFist in need a cap for that too...)

Deus_ex_Machina is offline Old Post 06-23-2001 06:05 PM
Deus_ex_Machina
God from Machine

Would you be able to make them fly kinda like this? With AirFist

I put two ways... I think the other(2nd one) one would work..

Attachment: untitled-1.jpg
This has been downloaded 23 time(s).

Deus_ex_Machina is offline Old Post 06-23-2001 06:12 PM
DeathMerchant
UberSloth

Airfist good. How 'bout like this?
^
/
/
/

In a straight line, almost verticle, but a little to the side.

Yeah, I've been sick for 'bout a week, and didn't check forums. What you've done so far sounds great. :-)

Gear:twin f14 courier spacecrafts, everything you could possibly want, except badges. Will pay 1.5 mil for exp badge.

Middle Earth, level 5 Admin.

Mystic Demon RPG, level 4 Admin.

DeathMerchant is offline Old Post 06-23-2001 07:00 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for DeathMerchant Click here to Send DeathMerchant a Private Message Click Here to Email DeathMerchant Find more posts by DeathMerchant Add DeathMerchant to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SolarRPG
MinotaurReaper

Why not edit the old uber zone to your liking... that would be cool! I got the ver with it if you need it (3.742). Maybe add a mining crystal for every zone also... thatd be cool

Solar

SolarRPG is offline Old Post 06-24-2001 02:05 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for SolarRPG Click here to Send SolarRPG a Private Message Find more posts by SolarRPG Add SolarRPG to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DeathMerchant
UberSloth

mining in gohort room = suicide. :-)

Perhaps sloths should have better weaps again? regular long swords instead of rusties? It would help remove the casual attitude people have torward them. :-) I go to uber at lev 13 now, and so do many other people I know...

DeathMerchant is offline Old Post 06-24-2001 02:09 AM
SolarRPG
MinotaurReaper

So in other words add a crystal at yolanda, crypt, maybe move the one near elven a lil closer to the forest [perhaps near the bridge], maybe even use the type of bridge like the one near ktown except make it skinny (no thorin) and lose the supports..., back to crystals... minolair, and uber... mine and den have one...

Solar

SolarRPG is offline Old Post 06-24-2001 02:11 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for SolarRPG Click here to Send SolarRPG a Private Message Find more posts by SolarRPG Add SolarRPG to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SolarRPG
MinotaurReaper

Oh yeah I say get rid of ALL the rusty items... just use normal ones rusties get annoying... like in the older versions of RPG

Solar

SolarRPG is offline Old Post 06-24-2001 02:12 AM
SolarRPG
MinotaurReaper

Hrm LOL I must have not noticed a mining crystal in the gohort room...

Solar

SolarRPG is offline Old Post 06-24-2001 02:13 AM
SolarRPG
MinotaurReaper

I dont see a crystal in uber zone... i just checked... and my version is 4.945

Solar

SolarRPG is offline Old Post 06-24-2001 02:39 AM
SolarRPG
MinotaurReaper

delete cracked items i say too... and btw the walls around elven... one of ems position looks like it got messed up...

hmm *thinks*

Oh yeah the Questmasterrobe... it says it gives you 1000 ATK but it doesnt... please fix

Solar

SolarRPG is offline Old Post 06-24-2001 02:58 AM
Zxqv8
TravellerThug

I can do without all the whistles and bells, but im itchin to see AirFist. Why not make it like it was originally, I dunno how that was, but still...

Zxqv8 is offline Old Post 06-24-2001 03:22 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Zxqv8 Click here to Send Zxqv8 a Private Message Click Here to Email Zxqv8 Visit Zxqv8's homepage! Find more posts by Zxqv8 Add Zxqv8 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
~SadFriend~
Emerald Archer

// add to the end of DoCastSpell(), you might have to edit a little because it took the coding from 2.113 and stuck it into a 4.945 atmosphere... of course there might be some functions that don't exist anymore//

if(%index == 37) {
%casterpos = GameBase::getPosition(%clientI
d);

%list = GetEveryoneIdList();

for(%i = 0; GetWord(%list, %i) != -1; %i++)
{
%cl = GetWord(%list, %i);

%clpos = GameBase::getPosition(%cl);
%dist = Vector::getDistance(%casterpos
, %clpos);
%maxdist = getFinalLVL(%clientId)*$airfis
tRadPer;
%maxheight = (50+(getFinalLVL(%clientId)*$a
irfistHeightPer));
if(%dist <= %maxdist)
{
if(Zone::getType($zone[%c
lientId]) != "PROTECTED" && Zone::getType($zone[%clientId]
) != "PROTECTED")
{
//cast airfist
%vec = "0 0 " @ %maxheight;
Player::applyImpulse(%cl
, %vec);
}
}
}
}

//top of spell.cs//
$Spell::keyword[37] = "airfist";
$Spell::index[transport] = 37;
$Spell::name[37] = "Air Fist";
$Spell::description[37] = "Summon winds to fly you into the air.";
$Spell::delay[37] = 1.0;
$Spell::recoveryTime[37] = 5.0;
$Spell::manaCost[37] = 15;
$Spell::startSound[37] = button1;
$Spell::endSound[37] = ExplodeLM;
$Spell::groupListCheck[37] = False;
$Spell::refVal[3] = 0;
$Spell::graceDistance[37] = 2;
$SkillType[transport] = $SkillNeutralCasting;

//add to skills.cs... it doesnt need a min remort level, does it?//

$SkillRestriction[airfist] = $SkillNeutralCasting @ " 275";

~SadFriend~ is offline Old Post 06-24-2001 08:37 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for ~SadFriend~ Click here to Send ~SadFriend~ a Private Message Click Here to Email ~SadFriend~ Find more posts by ~SadFriend~ Add ~SadFriend~ to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
~SadFriend~
Emerald Archer

Something like that... I dunno, probably missing some global vars for the spell...

Bah!!! $zone[%clientID]???? ehhh probably would be something like fetchData(%clientID, "zone");

~SadFriend~ is offline Old Post 06-24-2001 08:38 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for ~SadFriend~ Click here to Send ~SadFriend~ a Private Message Click Here to Email ~SadFriend~ Find more posts by ~SadFriend~ Add ~SadFriend~ to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bladerunner
MinotaurReaper

With airfist.. I think it shouldn't go to the side very much.. I can imagine being 25 at travellers den with some ****ed up level 101.. And him airfisting the hell out of you sending you flying off the place.. Could get... annoying... very... don't you think?

EDIT: also there has been some oppinions on this.. But I do think that archery weapons should have a command like bash.. they are expensive because of arrows, I don't know... But I think the awl pike should be redone or somthing.. Its slow as hell and most people say rapier is much much better... the range is good tho.. I don't know.. Jest my oppinion. You should also edit the damn mines some and get rid of (or raise) thoughs damn wooden frames.. And sides.. The stupid hireable bots get stuck.. It should be easier to get bots in there to help you.

EDIT2: You guys are forgetting somthing.. On the older version you could get 60 damage from hitting ceiling and hitting ground with air fist.. And now.. The fall damage is like.. 10 times worse... somthing needs to be done if he puts skiing and air fist back in. Or people can live with it.. But there is gunna be alot of mass killing with air fist then :P

Last edited by bladerunner on 06-24-2001 at 09:32 PM

bladerunner is offline Old Post 06-24-2001 09:17 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for bladerunner Click here to Send bladerunner a Private Message Click Here to Email bladerunner Visit bladerunner's homepage! Find more posts by bladerunner Add bladerunner to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bladerunner
MinotaurReaper

I just thought of an idea... Have it where.. Let's say when you start out on a server... You weight 10 pounds... Now have you ever dropped 10 pounds before? That's right it wouldn't hurt much. :P Now when you put on heavier armor you would weigh more and it would do more damage... Or have it judge on your endurance/levels... I just thought it would be a good idea... If the guy is wearing leather armor.. Well you would think he is a low level so if he fell from the docks he wouldn't die. This could be majorly cheated on though... That's why it may help to judge fall damage on endurance... So mages don't get there ass's kicked... The most annoying thing for me is being a mage falling threw the boat at keldrin docks and dying... Or have it do it by levels...

Padded Armor=10 Damage
Leather Armor=15 Damage

(Somthing like that.. The problem with doing it no matter how high you are is it isn't very realistic... Maybe it goes up by 2 hp (if you did it by levels it could be 2 hp for level 1-3 10 hp 3-6 or somthing like that ) every... Oh... 10 meters? starting at 15-30 meters before it starts doing damage..

Edit: Or do it completely by weight.. So the higher levels can't cheat without dropping there war hammers and such.

Edit2: So the basic idea is that fall damage shouldn't be the same for everyone... Especiall level 1 mages :P

Edit3: I'm saying arthur that if he puts airfist in this version... It will kill a newbie every time from it doing like 50 damage... Or he can make it very weak where it won't even be fun.

Edit4: I am just saying this finished version has to be polished... And with alot of ass holes flying around killing n00bs without losing anything.. Well I wouldn't call it very polished

Last edited by bladerunner on 06-25-2001 at 12:45 AM

bladerunner is offline Old Post 06-24-2001 11:06 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for bladerunner Click here to Send bladerunner a Private Message Click Here to Email bladerunner Visit bladerunner's homepage! Find more posts by bladerunner Add bladerunner to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Arthur
MinotaurGoliath

not a bad idea but JI is done this last ver i think, would be cool for IronSphere though

King Arthur

House Fenyar Website

Arthur is offline Old Post 06-25-2001 12:33 AM
JeremyIrons
Tribes RPG Creator

Did I put a cap for bashing yet??? no one mentionned this

these replies are all depressing... especially the one about removing rusties

JeremyIrons is offline Old Post 06-25-2001 01:23 AM
bladerunner
MinotaurReaper

I liked my idea.. Oooo well...

bladerunner is offline Old Post 06-25-2001 01:28 AM
~SadFriend~
Emerald Archer

Our idea pool stagnated.

I'm busy a lot now, I've gone too long without a job. I'm desperate already, I can't go on living without money..

~SadFriend~ is offline Old Post 06-25-2001 01:28 AM
JeremyIrons
Tribes RPG Creator

actually blade, your reply wasn't bad

JeremyIrons is offline Old Post 06-25-2001 01:42 AM
Zelgadis
MinotaurReaper

well a bash cap would be nice. jsut dont make it too low, it is fun to hit a player off a few mountains, but not so hard that he player is flying indefinitely off the map without enough downward velocity for a recall.

hitting the gohort through the uberwall is unrealistic yet possible.

ooh ooh, can you make bash move the bot even if you "miss(LCK)" because sometimes you jsut want to kill off the pesky travelerpaladin but you do too much damage and he doesnt move at all!!

mrtrpg.cjb.net - homepage for the Mythical Realms mod of TRPG

Zelgadis is offline Old Post 06-25-2001 02:16 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Zelgadis Click here to Send Zelgadis a Private Message Click Here to Email Zelgadis Visit Zelgadis's homepage! Find more posts by Zelgadis Add Zelgadis to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote