Profile  Register  Calendar  Memberlist  FAQ  Search Home  
Tribes RPG Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.0.3 Tribes RPG Forums > Misc > Contributors Forum > Possible Final release for T1RPG
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post New Thread    Post A Reply
JeremyIrons
Tribes RPG Creator

Possible Final release for T1RPG

Join irc.dynamix.com in #tribesrpg

I want to do one last T1 RPG release and call it final.
I'd like input on a few tweaks that should be implemented (you've all had lots of time to get used to the newest version, and should be able to provide educated feedback). I'm not adding any spells except maybe Air Fist... dunno why, just everyone seems to want it. I'd also want to scrap remorts and use the T2RPG system. It's already coded so it's not too much of a big deal to transfer over to T1.

This final release will include LP's skins.

I will post the T2RPG system on request from the masses.

-JI

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

JeremyIrons is offline Old Post 06-15-2001 02:30 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for JeremyIrons Click here to Send JeremyIrons a Private Message Visit JeremyIrons's homepage! Find more posts by JeremyIrons Add JeremyIrons to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JeremyIrons
Tribes RPG Creator

I only have about an hour to an hour and a half to discuss this, so hurry up and join!

JeremyIrons is offline Old Post 06-15-2001 02:40 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for JeremyIrons Click here to Send JeremyIrons a Private Message Visit JeremyIrons's homepage! Find more posts by JeremyIrons Add JeremyIrons to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Deus_ex_Machina
God from Machine

Just about PKers

What if you "ban" a PKer from towns for like 5-20mins? And make it lose more exp!(if they are like 20-30 lvls under or something...and cap the exp gain if you PK someone...a lvl 1 can pk a lvl 150 and gain like 2 lvls...over and over)

Deus_ex_Machina is offline Old Post 06-15-2001 03:41 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Deus_ex_Machina Click here to Send Deus_ex_Machina a Private Message Click Here to Email Deus_ex_Machina Visit Deus_ex_Machina's homepage! Find more posts by Deus_ex_Machina Add Deus_ex_Machina to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JeremyIrons
Tribes RPG Creator

Recap of IRC session, my list of things to change:

-blocks in server quests don't work
-players level 100+ dont get exp penalties for killing newbs
-when you replace a dis that has #onconsider's, causes probs
-need ambient music for unknown zone
-make keldrinite easier to get
-autoremort fixed at level 125
-change tracking to "so-and-so was last seen with so-and-so"
-#if needs more banned keywords (PLEASE POST KEYWORDS IN THIS THREAD PLEASE!)
-add temporary can-be-PK'd-anywhere-with-no-penalty flag. lasts 2 mins if failed to steal, 30 secs if success

JeremyIrons is offline Old Post 06-15-2001 04:22 AM
Vectrex
Quest Master

packs can get stuck in the grate in the uber zone.

Vectrex is offline Old Post 06-15-2001 05:22 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Vectrex Click here to Send Vectrex a Private Message Click Here to Email Vectrex Find more posts by Vectrex Add Vectrex to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
FENIX
UndeadSkeleton

Vec, i thought i already told ya, it IS possible to go down there......
its just really hard

I am talking about No Admin help also

gth=4)">
gth=7)">Every Morning, A Warrior Wakes Up Knowing That He Has To Run Faster Than The Slowest Runt Or He Wont Level Up!

Every Day a Runt Wakes Up Knowing That He Has To Run Faster Than The Fastest Warrior Or He'll Die! !

Wether Your A Warrior Or A Runt, Every Morning When You Wake Up, You'd Better Be Running!!

My House----My Dad's-->

FENIX is offline Old Post 06-15-2001 06:24 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for FENIX Click here to Send FENIX a Private Message Click Here to Email FENIX Visit FENIX's homepage! Find more posts by FENIX Add FENIX to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Zelgadis
MinotaurReaper

no way fenix!!(not sarcasm im surprised)

well JI i hope the changes go over well, i assume there will be no tweaks after player dischord any longer, though a change is good with all the redmoon, slayer, high descent, ad nauseum stuff.

OOH OOH! please take out Rpickaxe and Rdagger and put in AngelicWings and .....(somethingelse)

angelicwings or soemthing like that, its just a weak paws, and suped up ww's. ww's are jsut too slow!!! you can make this have an incredible req if ya'd like. i jsut think uberbig remorts need a superquick pair of windwalkers, now that they cant kill newbies

Last edited by Zelgadis on 06-15-2001 at 10:30 AM

Zelgadis is offline Old Post 06-15-2001 06:30 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Zelgadis Click here to Send Zelgadis a Private Message Click Here to Email Zelgadis Visit Zelgadis's homepage! Find more posts by Zelgadis Add Zelgadis to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
FENIX
UndeadSkeleton

*wonders if that was Sarcasm from Zel....*

either way, I was talkin to Vec... and I also have gone down there if you really were like, WOW or whatever... im not sure, im just confused...

gth=4)">
gth=7)">Every Morning, A Warrior Wakes Up Knowing That He Has To Run Faster Than The Slowest Runt Or He Wont Level Up!

Every Day a Runt Wakes Up Knowing That He Has To Run Faster Than The Fastest Warrior Or He'll Die! !

Wether Your A Warrior Or A Runt, Every Morning When You Wake Up, You'd Better Be Running!!

My House----My Dad's-->

FENIX is offline Old Post 06-15-2001 07:22 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for FENIX Click here to Send FENIX a Private Message Click Here to Email FENIX Visit FENIX's homepage! Find more posts by FENIX Add FENIX to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Arthur
MinotaurGoliath

sounds cool cant wait some thing new to explore befor T2RPG comes out, cant wait for THAT either

King Arthur

Level:250
Remort:16
Class:Paladin/Knight
Race:Human
House Fenyar Website

Arthur is offline Old Post 06-15-2001 09:16 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Arthur Click here to Send Arthur a Private Message Click Here to Email Arthur Find more posts by Arthur Add Arthur to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GiB WaKeR
ZombieMauler

Cool

T2RPG.... *drools*

Btw, TRPG2 sounds too bland... the working name should be Ironsphere...

GiB WaKeR is offline Old Post 06-15-2001 02:06 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for GiB WaKeR Click here to Send GiB WaKeR a Private Message Visit GiB WaKeR's homepage! Find more posts by GiB WaKeR Add GiB WaKeR to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Killaz
GnollShaman

Not meaning to be saucey but you say it like "TRPG2" and well, what most people are saying is T2RPG which sounds better.

Killaz is offline Old Post 06-15-2001 02:20 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Killaz Click here to Send Killaz a Private Message Click Here to Email Killaz Visit Killaz's homepage! Find more posts by Killaz Add Killaz to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JeremyIrons
Tribes RPG Creator

There's also the arena that I'd like to fix up. I'm looking for ideas that don't require rehauling the entire code.

JeremyIrons is offline Old Post 06-15-2001 02:28 PM
Strider
TRPG Story Master

I've already incorporated Ironsphere into the working name for roleplaying... ISRP is the official 'code name' now

Strider
TRPG Story Master

Strider is offline Old Post 06-15-2001 02:45 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Strider Click here to Send Strider a Private Message Click Here to Email Strider Visit Strider's homepage! Find more posts by Strider Add Strider to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Toaster
Master of Toast

Argh, wish I had seen this!

Suggestions:

Re-pack this final release into one download. Since there won't be any more, might as well make it one big d/l for simplicity.

Music for unknown: Something that sounds like wind, perhaps with faint sounds of animals.

An EXP cap of maybe 1000 would be a good idea.

Arena was better 2 on 2, but I assume there were lag issues that made you change it to 1 on 1. You could change the prizes to include things like paws. Or create some new item (maybe an orb that gives temporary +10% ATK or similar) and have it only obtainable at the arena, with a 10% chance of getting it.

Toaster

Read The Newbie Guide!

Toaster is offline Old Post 06-15-2001 02:55 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Toaster Click here to Send Toaster a Private Message Click Here to Email Toaster Visit Toaster's homepage! Find more posts by Toaster Add Toaster to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JeremyIrons
Tribes RPG Creator

re-pack download into a big one is part of the plan, it's been suggested a while ago... thanks for the reminder tho, toaster

i'll try to fix up the arena code so the bots only spawn when players enter. at this point it could be 2 on 2. I'll also add better prize code (i'll make it give away crap armors and cheetaurs)

JeremyIrons is offline Old Post 06-15-2001 03:09 PM
GiB WaKeR
ZombieMauler

Cool

Hurray for Strider!!!
T2RPG, TRPG2... it sounds OK, but to make it stand alone as a different product than Tribes (its not even in the same universe, just the engine) it hsould be known as Ironsphere, The Role Playing Game using Tribes 2 Technology

=)
Give it some much deserved glory guys! :p

GiB WaKeR is offline Old Post 06-15-2001 03:12 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for GiB WaKeR Click here to Send GiB WaKeR a Private Message Visit GiB WaKeR's homepage! Find more posts by GiB WaKeR Add GiB WaKeR to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JeremyIrons
Tribes RPG Creator

btw for tracking, i'll be implementing a pretty cool system.

your senseheading skill / 100 = odds every zone check (2 seconds) of you dropping a "scent" at your current location.

This means that someone with crap sense heading will likely leave a "scent" every 2 seconds, and the odds of someone with 1000 sense heading leaving a scent every 2 secs would be approx 1 in (1000/100), or 1 in 100.

So when you try to track someone, instead of telling you what position they are currently at, it would tell you what position their last "scent" drop was.

Sounds cool eh?

JeremyIrons is offline Old Post 06-15-2001 03:18 PM
Cloud
UndeadNecromancer

JI

check ICQ when ya get the chance

Video Being Fixed
Whoever b0rked my sig, don't56k'ers, don't try ^_^ | no more plugin dl!

Cloud is offline Old Post 06-15-2001 03:54 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Cloud Click here to Send Cloud a Private Message Find more posts by Cloud Add Cloud to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Deus_ex_Machina
God from Machine

Zelgadis,
I think JI said he won't be adding new items.

and JI
I don't think we need new keywords to ban(only the word 'admin') from #if
Just make it lvl 4 or something. If the admin abuses #if then they don't need to be admin :p

Deus_ex_Machina is offline Old Post 06-15-2001 04:54 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Deus_ex_Machina Click here to Send Deus_ex_Machina a Private Message Click Here to Email Deus_ex_Machina Visit Deus_ex_Machina's homepage! Find more posts by Deus_ex_Machina Add Deus_ex_Machina to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Zelgadis
MinotaurReaper

if not deus gotta ban the words for quit() and down() but hey i like setallskills() and storedata()

fi you are goin to change the layout of the arena, put in some rocks and take out that center, it just makes it infinitely easy for a mage to sit in the middle

Zelgadis is offline Old Post 06-16-2001 01:07 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Zelgadis Click here to Send Zelgadis a Private Message Click Here to Email Zelgadis Visit Zelgadis's homepage! Find more posts by Zelgadis Add Zelgadis to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Chee2
TravellerMarauder

Good Arrow :)

Instead of bullet.dts for the arrows, you should use tracer.dts, it a good shape

long, more arrow looking , and its even brown for wood

"hehe, just a thing for looks not too important

-Chee -Sancho Whatever

Red Moon RPG Website

Chee2 is offline Old Post 06-16-2001 03:18 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Chee2 Click here to Send Chee2 a Private Message Click Here to Email Chee2 Visit Chee2's homepage! Find more posts by Chee2 Add Chee2 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Toaster
Master of Toast

I think that center is part of the arena model, and therefore impossible to take out.

Toaster

Read The Newbie Guide!

Toaster is offline Old Post 06-16-2001 05:17 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Toaster Click here to Send Toaster a Private Message Click Here to Email Toaster Visit Toaster's homepage! Find more posts by Toaster Add Toaster to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Zelgadis
MinotaurReaper

i was assuming the creator can redo a model

Zelgadis is offline Old Post 06-16-2001 05:46 PM
bladerunner
MinotaurReaper

quote:
Originally posted by FENIX
Vec, i thought i already told ya, it IS possible to go down there......
its just really hard

I am talking about No Admin help also

Yeah... Get someone to bash you down?

EDIT: JI PLEASE! Make the bots do more damage... I have been playing on Solars server where the bots do 100 damage AND IT IS AWESOME! I mean you have to run and all that... Can you make the goblins do at least 12 like they used to? And maybe ubers... 300-500... And maybe just quadruple everything else... I would think people would find a game where you don't just sit and swing all day much more... attractive.

bladerunner is offline Old Post 06-16-2001 06:08 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for bladerunner Click here to Send bladerunner a Private Message Click Here to Email bladerunner Visit bladerunner's homepage! Find more posts by bladerunner Add bladerunner to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Zelgadis
MinotaurReaper

runts that hit for 12 is bad with n00bs that have 15 HP. but i do think the ubers should hit harder, now you can have a second remort rstand face to face and kill a sloth., before you coulndt take a single hit unless remort 4. somewhere inbetween would be nice

Zelgadis is offline Old Post 06-16-2001 10:12 PM
bladerunner
MinotaurReaper

Zelg... If you add endurance thats not very hard... and not only that... You could be hit twice... in the old rpgmap you get hit by a thief.. bam your dead. same with runts if they hit u hard enough.

bladerunner is offline Old Post 06-16-2001 10:47 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for bladerunner Click here to Send bladerunner a Private Message Click Here to Email bladerunner Visit bladerunner's homepage! Find more posts by bladerunner Add bladerunner to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
PaladinPimp
TravellerPaladin

like in arena

can you make the enemies spawn as whatever you are?

say your a mage, your enemy spawns as a mage

ranger vs ranger

PaladinPimp is offline Old Post 06-16-2001 11:42 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for PaladinPimp Click here to Send PaladinPimp a Private Message Click Here to Email PaladinPimp Find more posts by PaladinPimp Add PaladinPimp to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Zelgadis
MinotaurReaper

and this isnt ancient rpg.

Zelgadis is offline Old Post 06-16-2001 11:42 PM
Deus_ex_Machina
God from Machine

Hehe I think it was more fun to hit and run from runts because of the dmg they could do...now they just weak

Thiefs...ugh you'd be running lol! and when a scav spawned you see a lot of low lvls running too :p

Deus_ex_Machina is offline Old Post 06-16-2001 11:45 PM
bladerunner
MinotaurReaper

I know it's not medivial rpg but some of the things back then you must admin were good! Also... Maybe make the item limit in storage 30 or 35? Gliding would be nice too... I'm not sure why you changed storage limit to 25... Some Keldrinite bug? I guess skiing could get dangerous with the new fall damage... But I think it would be nice to have... Also JI could you please change the sky color? I always liked Tribes outside enviroment and the open yolanda... Now it is just kind of... Well... Dark lol.

Last edited by bladerunner on 06-17-2001 at 02:51 AM

bladerunner is offline Old Post 06-17-2001 02:02 AM