Profile  Register  Calendar  Memberlist  FAQ  Search Home  
Tribes RPG Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.0.3 Tribes RPG Forums > Misc > Contributors Forum > Enough is Enough
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post New Thread    Post A Reply
SilverHorse
Banned

Angry Enough is Enough

ok thats it. i am tired of the way the public forum is. i don't want any "Its a public forum" ****. I want something done, and I want it done now. Do you want newcomers to not join the mod because they see stupid **** on the forums. I don't give a **** what you do. I for one, are for changing moderators to new ones who do it FAIRLY, and do it RIGHT. and I want people to be temporarily banned if they post too many offensive things. I WANT THIS PLACE TO SHAPE UP, OR I AM SHIPPING OUT!

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

SilverHorse is offline Old Post 06-28-2001 03:48 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for SilverHorse Click here to Send SilverHorse a Private Message Click Here to Email SilverHorse Find more posts by SilverHorse Add SilverHorse to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Strider
TRPG Story Master

He has a point, but unfortunately, only the combined effotrs of the Three can possibly make it happen. =\

Strider
TRPG Story Master

Strider is offline Old Post 06-28-2001 03:52 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Strider Click here to Send Strider a Private Message Click Here to Email Strider Visit Strider's homepage! Find more posts by Strider Add Strider to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SilverHorse
Banned

sadly its true, but I was venting

SilverHorse is offline Old Post 06-28-2001 03:55 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for SilverHorse Click here to Send SilverHorse a Private Message Click Here to Email SilverHorse Find more posts by SilverHorse Add SilverHorse to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Boxbanger
GnollShaman

Cool The Power of the Three

The whole power of the three thing sounds like Diablo 2 or somthing.

I just stopped goin to the public unless a friend said read a certain thread. The private Forum is much much better than the public.

Last edited by Boxbanger on 06-28-2001 at 05:21 PM

Boxbanger is offline Old Post 06-28-2001 05:10 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Boxbanger Click here to Send Boxbanger a Private Message Click Here to Email Boxbanger Find more posts by Boxbanger Add Boxbanger to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SolarRPG
MinotaurReaper

*sigh*

Solar

SolarRPG is offline Old Post 06-28-2001 05:47 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for SolarRPG Click here to Send SolarRPG a Private Message Find more posts by SolarRPG Add SolarRPG to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sanders
GnollHunter

Geez ppl, Chillz.

Are you going to let some dumass newbie mess wit yer head? Just fuk him. There's always a time and place for revenge.
If you happen to play on the same server he does, jes fuk him over reeeeaaaaaallll good. And if you happen to be admin of that server ... muhhahahaha.

I don't give a dam if ppl talk smack about me, I just say "Damn straight!" and wait for revenge.

Hey ... duncha think the private forum should be passworded? would be nice from any newbie READING our PRIVATE posts, right?

If you are viewing sig, I am sorry for the size, but due to the large number of ppl not viewing sigs, I don't care.

Sanders is offline Old Post 06-28-2001 06:50 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Sanders Click here to Send Sanders a Private Message Click Here to Email Sanders Visit Sanders's homepage! Find more posts by Sanders Add Sanders to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Alaric
Webmaster

Re: Enough is Enough

quote:
Originally posted by SilverHorse
OR I AM SHIPPING OUT!

Sorry to see you go. Good luck with your new adventures.

Alaric is offline Old Post 06-28-2001 07:13 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Alaric Click here to Send Alaric a Private Message Click Here to Email Alaric Visit Alaric's homepage! Find more posts by Alaric Add Alaric to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
FENIX
UndeadSkeleton

Ouch... Rejected...

heh, i do agree with SilverHorse tho.... Threats and crap... do we really want people to think "WOW, a WHOLE lotta people here who have an IQ below 5"

there are almost 300 people registered that havent posted once, and im guessing they thought, WOW an RPG mod... then they saw the people who played it and decided they could do something else.

soo many people are missing out on the mod because of just a few people.... its really sad

btw, when i checked the actual count of ppl with 0 posts was 293

gth=4)">
gth=7)">Every Morning, A Warrior Wakes Up Knowing That He Has To Run Faster Than The Slowest Runt Or He Wont Level Up!

Every Day a Runt Wakes Up Knowing That He Has To Run Faster Than The Fastest Warrior Or He'll Die! !

Wether Your A Warrior Or A Runt, Every Morning When You Wake Up, You'd Better Be Running!!

My House----My Dad's-->

FENIX is offline Old Post 06-28-2001 07:31 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for FENIX Click here to Send FENIX a Private Message Click Here to Email FENIX Visit FENIX's homepage! Find more posts by FENIX Add FENIX to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GoldenFlight
Mother Lode

***WARNING**** MATURE COMMENTS / PREACHING ****

Leave the private the way it is. Folks ought to know whats going on, so they can add ideas/ask questions. (albeit on the public forum.)

As for offensive posters....there will always be those. The easy/effective solution would be to ban them. But then that adds to a bad rep for RPG. "Geez, they ban you if say stuff or p|55 off so and so..."

Yes, this mod has a fine rep for being mature. Let's keep it that way. Society has three ways of handling these situations:

DEFUSE
OSTRACIZE
CONTAIN

You can deflate the whole thing by not feeding their posts. Then they are flaming by themselves. And it's obvious they have a problem. Some of the posts will disappear without a response. (NOT easy when they are trashing you/friends, I know. This is the best way to maintain the mod's rep for maturity.) Or at least, if you feel you must respond, do it in a mature way. The comparison continues to highlight their problems. (I know, the high road isn't easy when you'd rather just knock 'em into next week!)

You can ostracize them (continuation of above plus non-help/non-interaction during play time) until they take themselves out of the situation. (I know, some of them NEVER will.)

And lastly, you limit what they can do...limit/eliminate posts...number/content/location and/or ban when it's obvious the offender cannot self-regulate. Use the old "is this person a detriment to the rest of the community" guideline.

***I would add that the fourth option not mentioned above is the best one: EDUCATE. But this one is the most difficult and least effective if the person is resisting all attempts to belong to the community. It also happens to be the most rewarding if accomplished.

BOTTOM LINE: Once again, I have to ask: WEREN'T there rules in effect at one point that mentioned what was acceptable on the forums? Such as: no flaming, no spamming....etcetera

Post the rules. Point the offenders at the rules. To belong to the community, follow the rules. Not following the rules means the offender is not part of the community. Simple. Not personal. Non-attacking. Cut and dry.

Or am I air-dreaming here and this isn't possible?

PS: SILVER: I understand your level of frustration. So go spawn bots on your own (private) server with the offender's name on 'em and play golf with your war maul/bash.

GoldenFlight is offline Old Post 06-28-2001 07:40 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for GoldenFlight Click here to Send GoldenFlight a Private Message Click Here to Email GoldenFlight Find more posts by GoldenFlight Add GoldenFlight to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SilverHorse
Banned

hey goldy lol:

Fore!
"Boy sir you really did make that one fly!"

5 Minutes Later

"Hole in one! you hit him into the mines!"

Last edited by SilverHorse on 06-29-2001 at 07:08 AM

SilverHorse is offline Old Post 06-28-2001 09:13 PM
~SadFriend~
Emerald Archer

quote:
Originally posted by SilverHorse
hey **** you too alaric

Uhhhhhhh......

I do believe that the public forums need more active moderators, like here-most-of-the-day moderators. But the above is pushing it a bit....

~SadFriend~ is offline Old Post 06-28-2001 09:18 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for ~SadFriend~ Click here to Send ~SadFriend~ a Private Message Click Here to Email ~SadFriend~ Find more posts by ~SadFriend~ Add ~SadFriend~ to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Mir

As a moderator, I totally agree with SilverHorse, and I admit, lately, I have completely abandoned the public forum and I never do anything in it, however, what everyone seems to fail to realize, is that us moderators, ALL of us, are simply glorified posters.

We have no power.

Oh I can delete threads, and I can close threads.. but there are more abusive people than there are moderators.. so they can post idiot things faster than we can delete/close...

I cant ban anyone.
I cant set the posts of idiot spammers down to 0.

Oh, I can talk to JI and get things done.. but that takes forever because JI is busy, and I dont want to waste a bunch of time whining to JI about people being idiots on the forums, we BOTH have better things to do with our lives.

This mod caters to a lot of younger individuals, and as such, there will ALWAYS be immature people around. The problem isn't the moderator, so much as the community itself.

Goldy is right that YOU can make a difference, YOU (the community) need to learn to deal with these people properly so THEY dont enjoy being idiots anymore, and leave.
Oh sure, we could be hardasses, and just ban everyone, but that would be bad for the mod, and the community would fall apart, and it still wouldn't fix the problem, because new people come every day.

Anwyay, thats all I have to say... I hope it made sense.

Old Post 06-28-2001 10:11 PM
Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
-SB-BattleLore
OgreDreadnought

hmm............. Tis alot quieter.

-Nuff Said.-
www.ShadYBunCh.sites.cc
Run Cuz the UberFuffian will get you!

Long Live The KINGS! ...R.I.P Kurt Cobain!

-SB-BattleLore is offline Old Post 06-29-2001 03:12 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for -SB-BattleLore Click here to Send -SB-BattleLore a Private Message Click Here to Email -SB-BattleLore Visit -SB-BattleLore's homepage! Find more posts by -SB-BattleLore Add -SB-BattleLore to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Deus_ex_Machina
God from Machine

Mute Mute muuuuute! I love to mute spammers/flooders

Deus_ex_Machina is offline Old Post 06-29-2001 03:14 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Deus_ex_Machina Click here to Send Deus_ex_Machina a Private Message Click Here to Email Deus_ex_Machina Visit Deus_ex_Machina's homepage! Find more posts by Deus_ex_Machina Add Deus_ex_Machina to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TridentRX
TravellerPaladin

thats right.

you do have the option to mute people. Silver, I also wouldn't take your anger out on Alaric....

Not the right person to do that...

TridentRX is offline Old Post 06-29-2001 03:21 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for TridentRX Click here to Send TridentRX a Private Message Click Here to Email TridentRX Find more posts by TridentRX Add TridentRX to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Deus_ex_Machina
God from Machine

BTW I say I like to mute, I have 0 muted on the forums lol

But I have muted peeps on servers before ;]

Deus_ex_Machina is offline Old Post 06-29-2001 03:29 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Deus_ex_Machina Click here to Send Deus_ex_Machina a Private Message Click Here to Email Deus_ex_Machina Visit Deus_ex_Machina's homepage! Find more posts by Deus_ex_Machina Add Deus_ex_Machina to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SilverHorse
Banned

Sorry Alaric. Silver got a little angry at some people who ICQed him about tis. Lets just say I am finally using ICQ's ignore feature also

SilverHorse is offline Old Post 06-29-2001 07:09 AM
Cloud
UndeadNecromancer

uhhh

I'll be a moderator:

Elect me and i will.......

LX
DS
and...... uhhh
anyone else who screws in the public forums. i'll lay down the law, for i am CIoud, the one and ONLY!

Video Being Fixed
Whoever b0rked my sig, don't56k'ers, don't try ^_^ | no more plugin dl!

Cloud is offline Old Post 06-29-2001 12:31 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Cloud Click here to Send Cloud a Private Message Find more posts by Cloud Add Cloud to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Postal_Service
UndeadSkeleton

Uhh... Sorry cloud I am not going to back you up on that one.

I agree with Goldy. Her way of Educating the masses is the most logical one. If tell people what they are doing wrong, they can fix it. I have done the mature response thing to many threads. Some people listen and learn, others simply ignore the comments. It is still the best way to get things done.

Postal_Service is offline Old Post 06-29-2001 05:00 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Postal_Service Click here to Send Postal_Service a Private Message Click Here to Email Postal_Service Find more posts by Postal_Service Add Postal_Service to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Zelgadis
MinotaurReaper

cloud thats communism, it works wonderfully but no one really likes it

mrtrpg.cjb.net - homepage for the Mythical Realms mod of TRPG

Zelgadis is offline Old Post 06-29-2001 06:45 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Zelgadis Click here to Send Zelgadis a Private Message Click Here to Email Zelgadis Visit Zelgadis's homepage! Find more posts by Zelgadis Add Zelgadis to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Angel Kill
OrcRavager

Yeah the Public forums are a bunch of ****, i don't even bother checking them. Hell, i dont' even ****in` check the private ones cause, frankly, for private forums, there seems to be a ****load of people on them...no offense to anyone. Someone has to do something....

"You all stare, but you'll never see, there's something inside me.
You all stare, but you'll never see, there's something in you i despise."

Angel Kill is offline Old Post 06-29-2001 07:13 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Angel Kill Click here to Send Angel Kill a Private Message Click Here to Email Angel Kill Visit Angel Kill's homepage! Find more posts by Angel Kill Add Angel Kill to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bladerunner
MinotaurReaper

I agree...

Severity (icon), Time, Attack, Intruder, Count,
2, 06/27/01 23:37:22, SubSeven port probe, cc1079228-a.chmchl1.ca.home.com, 4

2, 06/29/01 11:20:54, SubSeven port probe, ubr-33.129.35.kissimmee.cfl.rr.com, 3

2, 06/29/01 10:21:31, SubSeven port probe, mke-24-167-254-216.wi.rr.com, 2

And I wouldn't be surprised if this is dark and all his other losers... Blackice blocked it so nothing bad happened. But really you moderators need to ban him.. And others... Crack down... dawm did this... with lxcool and stuff... Though it did make a riot... But you moderators do need to watch over the general forum a little more I think.

bladerunner is offline Old Post 06-29-2001 08:58 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for bladerunner Click here to Send bladerunner a Private Message Click Here to Email bladerunner Visit bladerunner's homepage! Find more posts by bladerunner Add bladerunner to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Strider
TRPG Story Master

Re: The Power of the Three

quote:
Originally posted by Boxbanger
The whole power of the three thing sounds like Diablo 2 or somthing.

I just stopped goin to the public unless a friend said read a certain thread. The private Forum is much much better than the public.

'The Three' are the collective gods of T2RPG. =]

Strider
TRPG Story Master

Strider is offline Old Post 06-30-2001 05:06 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Strider Click here to Send Strider a Private Message Click Here to Email Strider Visit Strider's homepage! Find more posts by Strider Add Strider to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Toaster
Master of Toast

Re: Re: The Power of the Three

quote:
Originally posted by Strider

'The Three' are the collective gods of T2RPG. =]

I was thinking the 3 Elven Rings, but whatever. d=

Toaster

Read The Newbie Guide!

Toaster is offline Old Post 06-30-2001 03:01 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Toaster Click here to Send Toaster a Private Message Click Here to Email Toaster Visit Toaster's homepage! Find more posts by Toaster Add Toaster to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SilverHorse
Banned

I rest my case.

http://dynamic2.gamespy.com/~rpg/sh...hp?threadid=225

SilverHorse is offline Old Post 06-30-2001 09:04 PM
DeathMerchant
UberSloth

I read every thread, or at least the start of every one in either public or private forum. Then again, I have no life.

However, I agree that there are far too many people who spew large volumes of useless trash, and worse, over the forums.

This might sound strange coming from someone with a post count this large, but I usually try to have some meaning in my posts. Many, *cough* LX, DS *cough*, seem to be interested in random 1 line, meaningless comments on every thread they can reach. Flaming also seems to be in style.

I really don't want everything censored, and I find I have a tendany to flame back if sufficiently provoked, so I added LXCool, DarkSword, and one or two other people who appeared briefly only to flame to my ignore list. I really dislike ignoreing people, but sometimes it simply takes away too much off the forum quality.

DeathMerchant is offline Old Post 06-30-2001 09:04 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for DeathMerchant Click here to Send DeathMerchant a Private Message Click Here to Email DeathMerchant Find more posts by DeathMerchant Add DeathMerchant to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SilverHorse
Banned

KUDOS TO ALARIC!!!

http://dynamic2.gamespy.com/~rpg/sh...?threadid=4326\

w00t!

SilverHorse is offline Old Post 06-30-2001 11:01 PM