Profile  Register  Calendar  Memberlist  FAQ  Search Home  
Tribes RPG Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.0.3 Tribes RPG Forums > Misc > Contributors Forum > T2 ideas ( JI plz read )
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post New Thread    Post A Reply
IronPhoenix
GoblinThief

post#1

To let you viewers know..this will be a long thread.
but i will put up headings to help emphasize my ideas.
some of these ideas are regarding the houses/castle ideas and other's are of another topic so just hear me out.

Objectives screen(default button "o")
-used to keep track of quests and objectives.
eg. u talked to the apprentice and he requests for help or in search of an item. Quotes from the apprentice and the objective would be added to your objective's list on ur objective screen.

Packs system
this system is a replacement for the current system, where players and bots just drop their packs and belongings. Instead, you'll have to investigate their corpses to obtain any of their items. Bot's corpses will vanish within 2mins so if u haven't obtained any item then....it will still vanish. In addition if the player has luck, his corpse will contain nothin but his equiped items and his coins but ppl cannot take any items or coins from his corpses within a certain period of time. eg 8lck points = 40mins (5*x). and if ur corpse goes out of map or if it's 100m from a town, it will be relocated in the morgue for recognition and to reclaim any items.

i'll just post up dis much for now
in a bit i'll post up my financial net income/house/castle idea.

IronPhoenix

-------------------------
post#2

this idea is quite complex, but yet not so complex if you understand where im going at. I'll try to make it brief and simple. I have not read all the posts so bear w/ me.

Net Income - income after the calculations of rents, wages and etc. Generally it's the ammount of coins u get in a certain period of time.

Workers - not bots but just items which appears to be working on your lot of land. Use to generate income but wages also apply.
- merchants: reduces prices and generates more income
- farmers: generates food for your people, pop/ food avaiable
- researchers: reduces the time which it takes to learn spells
- blacksmiths: reduce smithing prices and time which to provide and equipe your army for defence.
- carpenters: reduces time and money to build certain structures.
-miners: generates gems for your town to build structues which requires such materials
-lumberjacks: generates wood for your town for structures which require such materials

Soldiers - can be recruited from the recruiting post ( new zone ), soldiers varies in lvl's, skills and purpose.
you cannot hire soldiers with lvl's higher than urself. In order to obtain stronger soldiers you must be a stronger character to gain their respect. here are some examples of the different types of soldiers which you can hire:
foot soldiers - walks around and patrols your territory
archers - arm'd with arrows and shoots incoming enemies ( only recruitible by castles )
Knights - stronger soldiers which guards hall ways and doorways ( only recruitible by castles )

Lots
you will require to buy a number of lots to build certain structures such as houses, castle, smith house, farms, and etc.
but the cost of the lots also varies depending on where it is located.
eg. if the lot that you want to buy is located 200m away from ktown, it is more expensive but if your a newbie and u r in need of a house...u may want to buy lots which are more remote and least expensive.

Walls
walls will help protect your houses/castles, certain number of wood/acres is required or stones/acres.
you will require more carpenters to reduce the time it takes to build your wall

Structures
-houses: provide storage and a place to rest
-castles: requires more lots but is good defence wise
-smiths: provides a workplace for blacksmiths
-research facilities: provides shelters, materials etc. for your researchers.
-farms: provide shelters and workplace for farmers
-stables: increase income and provides shelters for horses ( helps merchants and maybe of use to the countries/town's military )
-moat: requires miners and prevents enemies from entering your country ( castles only, requires country )
-outpost towers: spots enemies within a 100m radius and alerts your country/town. ( soldiers spawn ahead of time to counter-attack intruders )
-bars
-bridges
etc.

Country
- to initiate ur town as a independant country, you must achieve 200+ acres of land and a population of 1000+
-advantages:
-income is increased by 10%
-increase in defence
-capable of building castles
-capable of recruiting various units for your country.

City Council
- a single structure where all members of your country/town ( pplz who bond their houses and structures together ) can solve disbutes and discuse certain issues without interference. ( ppl cannot over hear your conversation outside the council walls )

Researching Spells
- researchers can research certain spells to aid ur town/country or to be used offensively.
- cloak barrier: country/town is invisible to enemies from a distance ( 100m )
- shields: blocks offensive spells from entering the town/country
- stealth cloaks: a cape wraped around your soldiers and cloaks them while invading another's territory.
- enchant weapon: raises your soldiers attack power
- enchant armor: raises your soldiers defences
- mist: provides your soldiers cover while attack another's country
etc.

Attacking
- to attack or raid another's country/town, u can rally up your soldiers and lead them into battle.
- u can prepare your army for an ivasion by using country/town options in tap:
- select certain troops and how many troops
- select spells to cast on your troops

last but not least..

Time/Upkeep
- all units ( soldiers & workers ) needs to be paid a certain ammount of coins as wages.
- there are various ways of increasing your net income but hiring soldiers it would also decrease your net income.
- increase in population is also related to time, as time goes by ur population increases b/c of the rate of infants being born. Thus increase in peseants. With the number of peseants you can assign them to certain jobs as miners, farmers etc.
eg. 1upkeep = every 20mins.
eg. if your net income is 5k, u get 5k coins every 20mins.
but if your net income is -2k, then coins will be subtracted from your total coins.

it's pretty self explanitory..

_______

that is basically all that i came up with so i'd like to hear sum feed backs. And again i have not read the "9" pages of replies to ji's post so if any materials are simular to others just bear w/ me.

IronPhoenix

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

IronPhoenix is offline Old Post 05-22-2001 03:18 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for IronPhoenix Click here to Send IronPhoenix a Private Message Click Here to Email IronPhoenix Find more posts by IronPhoenix Add IronPhoenix to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SilverHorse
Banned

I like the ideas

SilverHorse is offline Old Post 05-22-2001 03:25 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for SilverHorse Click here to Send SilverHorse a Private Message Click Here to Email SilverHorse Find more posts by SilverHorse Add SilverHorse to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Strider
TRPG Story Master

I still want coppers silver and golds ;-(

Strider
TRPG Story Master

Strider is offline Old Post 05-22-2001 03:36 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Strider Click here to Send Strider a Private Message Click Here to Email Strider Visit Strider's homepage! Find more posts by Strider Add Strider to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bladerunner
MinotaurReaper

Some of the ideas sound cool but others sound to much like a strategy game if you know what I mean...

bladerunner is offline Old Post 05-22-2001 05:28 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for bladerunner Click here to Send bladerunner a Private Message Click Here to Email bladerunner Visit bladerunner's homepage! Find more posts by bladerunner Add bladerunner to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
IronPhoenix
GoblinThief

rpg is based on stategic's

IronPhoenix

IronPhoenix is offline Old Post 05-22-2001 05:32 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for IronPhoenix Click here to Send IronPhoenix a Private Message Click Here to Email IronPhoenix Find more posts by IronPhoenix Add IronPhoenix to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bladerunner
MinotaurReaper

This is true but I think it should be closer to EQ than a strategy... Just my oppinion.. Your ideas are well thought out and the most constructed I have eard yet lol.

bladerunner is offline Old Post 05-22-2001 05:39 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for bladerunner Click here to Send bladerunner a Private Message Click Here to Email bladerunner Visit bladerunner's homepage! Find more posts by bladerunner Add bladerunner to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Gul'Dar
TravellerThug

blade, look at the way the game is played and how EQ is played....do you see a whole hell of a whole lot of difference between the two? I rest my case =P

Class: Paladin
Level: 104
Remort: 1
Admin Level: 2 (Guide)
-----------------------------------------------

Gul'Dar is offline Old Post 05-22-2001 05:50 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Gul'Dar Click here to Send Gul'Dar a Private Message Click Here to Email Gul'Dar Visit Gul'Dar's homepage! Find more posts by Gul'Dar Add Gul'Dar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Kaddy
OrcRavager

I like the ideas IP, they are indeed well thought out. Kudo's

[img]http://liquidbrimstone.netfirms.com/kadmoscows.jpg[/img]

Kaddy is offline Old Post 05-22-2001 10:36 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Kaddy Click here to Send Kaddy a Private Message Find more posts by Kaddy Add Kaddy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GiB WaKeR
ZombieMauler

Cool

So, uh, this is an RTS now?

Good ideas, but some seem very geared to more controlling "units" when really the units are the players...

GiB WaKeR is offline Old Post 05-22-2001 08:44 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for GiB WaKeR Click here to Send GiB WaKeR a Private Message Visit GiB WaKeR's homepage! Find more posts by GiB WaKeR Add GiB WaKeR to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Strider
TRPG Story Master

HEROES 3!!!

Strider
TRPG Story Master

Strider is offline Old Post 05-22-2001 08:51 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Strider Click here to Send Strider a Private Message Click Here to Email Strider Visit Strider's homepage! Find more posts by Strider Add Strider to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bladerunner
MinotaurReaper

quote:
Originally posted by GiB WaKeR

but some seem very geared to more controlling "units" when really the units are the players...

This is what I mean by strategy...

bladerunner is offline Old Post 05-22-2001 11:15 PM
GiB WaKeR
ZombieMauler

Cool

Uh, thats why I asked if its now a Real Time Strategy Game.

GiB WaKeR is offline Old Post 05-22-2001 11:28 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for GiB WaKeR Click here to Send GiB WaKeR a Private Message Visit GiB WaKeR's homepage! Find more posts by GiB WaKeR Add GiB WaKeR to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JeremyIrons
Tribes RPG Creator

i read as far as owning land... i'm not implementing a land system where you buy land etc. This is too much for the RPG i have in mind.

Players will get their magic building packs and pick a location to deploy, distance doesn't matter. A zone will be created around it automatically and you will name it. This will be your land. Expanding your land by adding more buildings and walls will also cause the zone to change size and wrap your buildings inside a single zone. If you have a building too far from the others, you will create a new zone. Also, if you try to build in someone else's zone, things will happen (building fee perhaps). However, upon joining an existing zone, you would gain access to whatever advantages this town already provides (to be determined)

JeremyIrons is offline Old Post 05-23-2001 02:08 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for JeremyIrons Click here to Send JeremyIrons a Private Message Visit JeremyIrons's homepage! Find more posts by JeremyIrons Add JeremyIrons to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Aleman
OgreDreadnought

It would be really sweet to "command armies" and all, but if they were bots, and they were armies.. and say.. 20 people on a server, with anywhere from 1-15 bots a player, thats going to be a lot of extra server load. I like just having my own house, and maybe be able to plop a merchant bot in there, and a guard or so, but commanding whole armies, thats getting a little silly. All that makes me think of is the old #botgroup commands, heh, making long chains of runts and long chains of travknights, and freezing the travknight leader so its just one row of archers, and #attacklos'ing the runt leader past the knights. *thuck* *vvvvvvvt* a bunch of runts are dead. lol.. what fun. Hopefully, if the bots are purchasable, and they don't lag, they will be hella smarter, and will mine, act like players, yadda yadda yadda.

Aleman is offline Old Post 05-23-2001 02:51 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Aleman Click here to Send Aleman a Private Message Click Here to Email Aleman Find more posts by Aleman Add Aleman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GiB WaKeR
ZombieMauler

Cool

Sounds very cool JI.

Will we have merchant bots?

GiB WaKeR is offline Old Post 05-23-2001 10:06 PM
Rumble
ZombieMauler

And Blacksmiths? :p

hehe, that has been answered, I believe...

Nice ideas...I'm gonna get T2 ASAP...

Rumble is offline Old Post 05-23-2001 11:21 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Rumble Click here to Send Rumble a Private Message Click Here to Email Rumble Find more posts by Rumble Add Rumble to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote