Profile  Register  Calendar  Memberlist  FAQ  Search Home  
Tribes RPG Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.0.3 Tribes RPG Forums > Misc > Contributors Forum > Families etc
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Sea
OgreDestroyer

what if to start a game, you not only choose the class you want but can make slight multi's for skills a tad diff (different ranges for fighters and palaind etc) but you can choose a item such as a neckless, pendant, rock, flower (of sorts) to be used as a luck item and when you lose lck the item is chiped. (meaning a max of 6 lck maybe..) and you have to go to a special smither that fixes ur lucky item. More or less pendants and flowers seem more suitable as well as rocks...

[img]http://www.karmastorm.com/kstar004.gif[/img] SeaWolf, the underwater demon [img]http://www.karmastorm.com/kstar004.gif[/img]

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Sea is offline Old Post 05-15-2001 10:41 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Sea Click here to Send Sea a Private Message Find more posts by Sea Add Sea to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GoldenFlight
Mother Lode

keep it simple: like a pendant.

Ensures luck for wearer.

Can be stolen?

GoldenFlight is offline Old Post 05-15-2001 11:19 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for GoldenFlight Click here to Send GoldenFlight a Private Message Click Here to Email GoldenFlight Find more posts by GoldenFlight Add GoldenFlight to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tenabrae
RPG Lead Modeler

perhaps if luck is gems that rapidly crumble when touched... so you have to eat them to get the luck benefit (and so they cant be stolen) ... like lifesavers

[url=http://www.planetstarsiege.com/trinity/]Trinity Armaments[/url]

[i]please note - because of the stupidity of people using flash animations in their signature files, i do not view them[/i]

tenabrae is offline Old Post 05-15-2001 11:49 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for tenabrae Click here to Send tenabrae a Private Message Visit tenabrae's homepage! Find more posts by tenabrae Add tenabrae to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GoldenFlight
Mother Lode

at that point, you might as well make luck a "LONG LIFE" potion you drink. Get it at "THE FOUNTAIN OF YOUTH". (that's a joke, folks)

Maybe it wears off after a 3-4 days and you have to get more.

GoldenFlight is offline Old Post 05-16-2001 12:00 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for GoldenFlight Click here to Send GoldenFlight a Private Message Click Here to Email GoldenFlight Find more posts by GoldenFlight Add GoldenFlight to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Strider
TRPG Story Master

Zel: Saying it that way is actually correct... luck pronounced normally wouldn't warrant [an] but el-cee-kay does, because the first letter is a vowel!

Strider
TRPG Story Master

Strider is offline Old Post 05-16-2001 12:08 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Strider Click here to Send Strider a Private Message Click Here to Email Strider Visit Strider's homepage! Find more posts by Strider Add Strider to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GiB WaKeR
ZombieMauler

Cool

Strider... What you seem to forget is that TRPG2 isn't out yet, SO by saying thoose exploits now we can avoid them being put in the game.

If it was out now I defeintly wouldn't be posting it on a message board.

If I was out to ruin the game, I would probably be a millionaire and remort uber 30 from all the exploits I can find, but fortunately I don't abuse them or let them go unheard of so that crap doesn't happen. (I was one of the people that thought of how to dupe with the bank system back in the old days with Kadmos btw...)

[Ed: And YOUR the type of person that makes me wonder why I even open my mouth to begin with, instead of just abusing it like you assume I would]

>=(

GiB WaKeR is offline Old Post 05-16-2001 12:33 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for GiB WaKeR Click here to Send GiB WaKeR a Private Message Visit GiB WaKeR's homepage! Find more posts by GiB WaKeR Add GiB WaKeR to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GoldenFlight
Mother Lode

quote:
Originally posted by JeremyIrons
I'd like to rename LCK to something else.

Life Stone perhaps

Could be a red glowing rock or something. Each Life Stone you carry represents an LCK point.

Will new version still use weight capacity?

If so, does that mean, that the stones need to be carried and they add weight? And that someone can steal them, giving them more LCK?

Silly as it sounds, from the postings above, the idea of swallowing something, or wearing something seems easier. (Call it Life Charm) :p

Wait....is this kinda like an energy pack? Sorry to use Tribes terms, trying to understand concept. Is there ONE stone, with multiple uses in it? After using all your LCK, the stone no longer glows? It's "out"? Or are you really saying one LCK per stone. Its up to you how many you carry at one time? Can you store the rest and go get them when you need them?

If they can be stolen, then the risk with having high level of LCK on you at all times is that someone else can take it?

Or am I complicating this?

Easier question: what is strategy behind new LCK format?

Last edited by GoldenFlight on 05-16-2001 at 04:06 AM

GoldenFlight is offline Old Post 05-16-2001 01:00 AM
Postal_Service
UndeadSkeleton

Well Uh... This thread is getting kinda long, and I havent't read every single word. But I have read most of it.

On the Idea of taking over towns it should be something along the lines of traditional warfare. When a town is under siege they have the choice to surrender, or be totally anihilated. So people can choose to surrender, or have thier homes and all thier belongings destroyed in the onslaught.

Also, Construction should not be a magic thing. It should be more of a skill thing, so that the right to build stuff is not left to the usually physically weak mages, but to the naturally strong warriors and such. (goin by stereotypes)

Building other items could be condenced down into "packs" as mentioned before. Sau you need a bed. Go down to your local craftsman (I like that name the best) and take supplies from your "Bank storage" there, give it to the craftsman, and have him make a "bedpack." Need a table? Same thing, go down and get a "tablepack." This way deploying things could all be simplified down to #spawndis like format. As you build your house up, you should be able to move furniture. You can re-absorb furniture back into "packs" so rearanging your furniture would work. Walls and houses could not be put back into packs, they are permanent.

Making it so furniture can be put back into packs makes it easy to trade or sell furniture. He has to beds and you need one? Toss him some cash, and he will toss you his "bedpack."

Just my continuing support of "packs" being thrown out into the open again...

Postal_Service is offline Old Post 05-16-2001 04:17 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Postal_Service Click here to Send Postal_Service a Private Message Click Here to Email Postal_Service Find more posts by Postal_Service Add Postal_Service to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Zxqv8
TravellerThug

Yes Angel, im a monstrous Tool fan (missing the show though :( ). And i sure as hell hope you spent the 14 bucks on it at best buy, the insert is almost worth it in itself.

Ooooooh, Chance Cards.

Zxqv8 is offline Old Post 05-16-2001 04:45 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Zxqv8 Click here to Send Zxqv8 a Private Message Click Here to Email Zxqv8 Visit Zxqv8's homepage! Find more posts by Zxqv8 Add Zxqv8 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Angel Kill
OrcRavager

yeah i'm gunna buy the cd, my friend won it off a radio show, so he burnt me a copy, it's so awsome...the insert is nuts, the slice of the human, that's nuts...

...also make sure you check out a band named Skrape, they rule, the album is entitled: New Killer America...great stuff...

"You all stare, but you'll never see, there's something inside me.
You all stare, but you'll never see, there's something in you i despise."

Angel Kill is offline Old Post 05-17-2001 03:23 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Angel Kill Click here to Send Angel Kill a Private Message Click Here to Email Angel Kill Visit Angel Kill's homepage! Find more posts by Angel Kill Add Angel Kill to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Gul'Dar
TravellerThug

quote:
Originally posted by Zxqv8
What about them being Resurrection Points, i put that in the big thread but i dunno if you saw it. Just bringing it up in case you didn't, i have no other ideas.

that just sparked a really good idea....if once you die maybe you could be given a certain alotted time for someone else to use one these resurrection stones or whatever on the dying person and bring em back?

Class: Paladin
Level: 104
Remort: 1
Admin Level: 2 (Guide)
-----------------------------------------------

Gul'Dar is offline Old Post 05-17-2001 04:40 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Gul'Dar Click here to Send Gul'Dar a Private Message Click Here to Email Gul'Dar Visit Gul'Dar's homepage! Find more posts by Gul'Dar Add Gul'Dar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JeremyIrons
Tribes RPG Creator

gul'dar, the idea is good and ressembles what is already planned

remember the undead thing? sometimes the ressurection thing would screw up and turn you into an undead

perhaps LCK should be redone entirely. But not by using items... just rename LCK to something like "Ressurection Points", or RP's for short. You'd start out with a few, say 3, and upon being killed, you would fall to the ground and you would see your corpse (as it already is now). You would have maximum 3 minutes before automatically respawning. To use a Ressurection Point while dead, you'd need to do something.... don't know what yet. Maybe click a button on a HUD somewhere. Perhaps it would be a button in your Inventory list.

There would be a chance in say 10 that you would ressurect as an undead. I suppose these odds could increase based on your current zone? Upon death, a search would be done for the nearest undead. The closer an undead is to your position, the higher the chances of your turning into an undead yourself. If an undead kills you from close range, the odds would look something like 9 in 10.

Also, while dead and in 3rd person camera mode, people could loot your corpse after say 10 seconds of your initial death. Before 10 seconds, people can't touch your stuff, but after 10 seconds of not using a ressurection point or clicking to respawn, people could take your stuff.

JeremyIrons is offline Old Post 05-17-2001 12:08 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for JeremyIrons Click here to Send JeremyIrons a Private Message Visit JeremyIrons's homepage! Find more posts by JeremyIrons Add JeremyIrons to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GiB WaKeR
ZombieMauler

Cool

We can buy Ress. Points from a priest right?

GiB WaKeR is offline Old Post 05-17-2001 08:55 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for GiB WaKeR Click here to Send GiB WaKeR a Private Message Visit GiB WaKeR's homepage! Find more posts by GiB WaKeR Add GiB WaKeR to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TridentRX
TravellerPaladin

RP's

ok so that would work but how about people with the ability to Revive people so it wont cost them a lck point. Also you should be able to get revived as a undead person. Revive should be a spell that is highly effective but its predicary Vivify should work less than half the time. These spells should be costly to purchase/use (whatever system your useing)

TridentRX is offline Old Post 05-18-2001 12:52 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for TridentRX Click here to Send TridentRX a Private Message Click Here to Email TridentRX Find more posts by TridentRX Add TridentRX to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DeathMerchant
UberSloth

I think that the only way to cure someone who is undead is to kill them. Probably rather diffiicult.

Hmmm, the ability to ressurrect someone would be useful. I suggest that the ressurection would drain all mana and all but 1 HP from the caster.

DeathMerchant is offline Old Post 05-18-2001 01:01 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for DeathMerchant Click here to Send DeathMerchant a Private Message Click Here to Email DeathMerchant Find more posts by DeathMerchant Add DeathMerchant to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Galadriel
Elven Queen

and what if the newly resurrected player kills the caster?

Galadriel is offline Old Post 05-18-2001 01:45 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Galadriel Click here to Send Galadriel a Private Message Click Here to Email Galadriel Find more posts by Galadriel Add Galadriel to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DeathMerchant
UberSloth

That ungrateful PKer will probably never get ressurected again.

DeathMerchant is offline Old Post 05-18-2001 02:40 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for DeathMerchant Click here to Send DeathMerchant a Private Message Click Here to Email DeathMerchant Find more posts by DeathMerchant Add DeathMerchant to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GiB WaKeR
ZombieMauler

Cool

Pft, I would NEVER res anyone if I was left with 1 stinking hp and basically (actually, literally) thrown to the wolves. Heck, an ant could walk on my toe and I'd probably die with that system!

I think Clerics should have resurrection as their highest spell, but other than a "Scroll" requirement, there shouldn't be any other penalties.

GiB WaKeR is offline Old Post 05-18-2001 03:14 AM
Mir

Whoah whoah whoah....
hold the phone!

I just had a really Intriguing idea!

How about 'age' ?

turn luck into age, and make it so that ressurection ages your character by 10 years, and if your charachter is over 100 year old or something, the ressurections fail because the spirits tie to the world is too faint.

something like that...

this will still work with the limited time ressurection dealies..

and its sort of makes more 'sense'... to me at least..
Its more understandable where and why the name comes from.

or course theres no way of having LCK = miss with this, but I thought that was out anyway?

and maybe, just maybe, you *COULD* have a fountain of youth somewhere... or at least Vials of Water from the Fountain of Youth, and each vial would decrease your age by 10 years..
vials could be like quest items and such that you could win/earn

I dont know.. I think this could work really well..

Suggetions? Comments?

Old Post 05-18-2001 08:16 AM
Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dragoon
GoblinWizard

Damn Mir, I really like that idea for the RP's.

Way off topic but I think JI; you should code it so a larger lvl cannot take out a bunch of meduim levels
ie: Now a lvl 100 can take on like 3 lvl 80's, well we need to change that so there will be more groupings, ect....

Dragoon is offline Old Post 05-18-2001 12:19 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Dragoon Click here to Send Dragoon a Private Message Click Here to Email Dragoon Find more posts by Dragoon Add Dragoon to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GiB WaKeR
ZombieMauler

Cool

I like age... makes more sense than what we had previously planned.

GiB WaKeR is offline Old Post 05-18-2001 09:25 PM
DeathMerchant
UberSloth

I LOVE age. That would be perfect. Way to go, Mir!

Also, right now, a level 100 cannot take on 3 level 80's and win.... At least, not if all else is even close to equal.

I personally have killed people with 30 more levels than me. It's all about the skill.

DeathMerchant is offline Old Post 05-19-2001 06:21 PM
GiB WaKeR
ZombieMauler

Cool

*cough* and lag ;)

GiB WaKeR is offline Old Post 05-19-2001 07:27 PM
DeathMerchant
UberSloth

What server do you play on, gibby?

Lag can kill you, but it should be rare.

DeathMerchant is offline Old Post 05-19-2001 09:08 PM
bladerunner
MinotaurReaper

quote:
Originally posted by DeathMerchant
I LOVE age. That would be perfect. Way to go, Mir!

Also, right now, a level 100 cannot take on 3 level 80's and win.... At least, not if all else is even close to equal.

I personally have killed people with 30 more levels than me. It's all about the skill.

It's all about the bash lol... A level 95 can own a level 130 because he can bash him off map lol.

bladerunner is offline Old Post 05-19-2001 10:11 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for bladerunner Click here to Send bladerunner a Private Message Click Here to Email bladerunner Visit bladerunner's homepage! Find more posts by bladerunner Add bladerunner to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GiB WaKeR
ZombieMauler

Cool

I connect at 28.8

Actually, MAX is 28.8, but I normally connect at 19.2...

Gay ass phone company splits the phone lines to save money so everyone can get 28.8 MAX, but then I also have line noise so it knocks me down to 19.2.

So it don't matta what server I play on =)

GiB WaKeR is offline Old Post 05-20-2001 01:40 AM
DeathMerchant
UberSloth

Actually Blade, I've never really worked on bashing. I did that with normal attacks!

DeathMerchant is offline Old Post 05-20-2001 04:58 AM
Gul'Dar
TravellerThug

heh JI another good Idea would be allowing us to #say while we are dying and jumbling up what we are saying so its hard for ppl around us to understand what were sayin' =P

Class: Paladin
Level: 104
Remort: 1
Admin Level: 2 (Guide)
-----------------------------------------------

Gul'Dar is offline Old Post 05-20-2001 03:48 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Gul'Dar Click here to Send Gul'Dar a Private Message Click Here to Email Gul'Dar Visit Gul'Dar's homepage! Find more posts by Gul'Dar Add Gul'Dar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DeathMerchant
UberSloth

Hmmm, families. Perhaps we could make this rather realistic with couples and children(new players), etc.

Never mind me...I suddenly saw all kinds of problems with that....

DeathMerchant is offline Old Post 05-20-2001 04:48 PM
Postal_Service
UndeadSkeleton

Yeah having couples would be a problem. We would have many well... issues. I mean, there are prodominanly(sp?) more males who play in this game than females. That is just one small problem.

Lets keep couples and such out of TRPG...

Postal_Service is offline Old Post 05-20-2001 11:28 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Postal_Service Click here to Send Postal_Service a Private Message Click Here to Email Postal_Service Find more posts by Postal_Service Add Postal_Service to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote