Profile  Register  Calendar  Memberlist  FAQ  Search Home  
Tribes RPG Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.0.3 Tribes RPG Forums > Misc > Contributors Forum > TRPG 2 on ps2!?
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post New Thread    Post A Reply
PaladinPimp
TravellerPaladin

hmmm Tribes 2 is coming out for PS2

ps2 + hard drive = trpg 2 for ps2?

cause that'd be sweet

tribes 2 would actually run good and no errors

hmmm

trpg 2 for ps2 would be sweet, just depends on wether the tribes 2 ps2 version will be able to work with mods like trpg

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

PaladinPimp is offline Old Post 05-19-2001 04:10 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for PaladinPimp Click here to Send PaladinPimp a Private Message Click Here to Email PaladinPimp Find more posts by PaladinPimp Add PaladinPimp to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sea
OgreDestroyer

don't u lub ps2. Not as limited as cube :p

[img]http://www.karmastorm.com/kstar004.gif[/img] SeaWolf, the underwater demon [img]http://www.karmastorm.com/kstar004.gif[/img]

Sea is offline Old Post 05-19-2001 06:00 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Sea Click here to Send Sea a Private Message Find more posts by Sea Add Sea to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DeathMerchant
UberSloth

Might be some compatability glitches there, but you never know....

DeathMerchant is offline Old Post 05-19-2001 06:14 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for DeathMerchant Click here to Send DeathMerchant a Private Message Click Here to Email DeathMerchant Find more posts by DeathMerchant Add DeathMerchant to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Deus_ex_Machina
God from Machine

I seen ps2 run UT...I don't think it'll run good on T2...

Deus_ex_Machina is offline Old Post 05-19-2001 06:21 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Deus_ex_Machina Click here to Send Deus_ex_Machina a Private Message Click Here to Email Deus_ex_Machina Visit Deus_ex_Machina's homepage! Find more posts by Deus_ex_Machina Add Deus_ex_Machina to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DeathMerchant
UberSloth

People already have enough problems with video compatability, etc....I'm not holding my breath.

DeathMerchant is offline Old Post 05-19-2001 06:22 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for DeathMerchant Click here to Send DeathMerchant a Private Message Click Here to Email DeathMerchant Find more posts by DeathMerchant Add DeathMerchant to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Mir

Depending on how they port it, T2 will run fine on a PS2
They dont have to have display issues, because every PS2 has EXACTLY the same display chipset.

If they do any hardware specific streamlining of the code, either, it'll run plenty fast without glitching.

although I think they'll also take out stuff like script execution code...

I have a fewwling RPG could probably be MADE to work with the PS2 release of Tribes2, but I dont think it will work 'AS IS' and I dont know that JI really wants to go and make a PS2 port of T2RPG

Old Post 05-19-2001 07:17 PM
Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GiB WaKeR
ZombieMauler

Cool

Don't hold your breathe...

PS2 is different programming than PC, and since JI is trying to upkeep TRPG2 for the PC right now, I bet hes not even considering that on the table right now.

Check back in a year... but still don't get your hopes up.

GiB WaKeR is offline Old Post 05-19-2001 07:25 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for GiB WaKeR Click here to Send GiB WaKeR a Private Message Visit GiB WaKeR's homepage! Find more posts by GiB WaKeR Add GiB WaKeR to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Zelgadis
MinotaurReaper

make a million dollars selling it to dynamix and let them worry about it.

Zelgadis is offline Old Post 05-19-2001 07:37 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Zelgadis Click here to Send Zelgadis a Private Message Click Here to Email Zelgadis Visit Zelgadis's homepage! Find more posts by Zelgadis Add Zelgadis to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SolarRPG
MinotaurReaper

ah what a more sophisticated and "filtered" forum LOL

Solar

SolarRPG is offline Old Post 05-19-2001 07:53 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for SolarRPG Click here to Send SolarRPG a Private Message Find more posts by SolarRPG Add SolarRPG to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Zelgadis
MinotaurReaper

quiet you.

at first i thought the thread said IronSphere on Psy2k and i flipped out. then i saw it was Ps2

Zelgadis is offline Old Post 05-19-2001 09:01 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Zelgadis Click here to Send Zelgadis a Private Message Click Here to Email Zelgadis Visit Zelgadis's homepage! Find more posts by Zelgadis Add Zelgadis to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DeathMerchant
UberSloth

LOL, Zel, I thought exactly the same thing.

Yes, rumor has it that PS2 is a absolute pain to program for.

DeathMerchant is offline Old Post 05-19-2001 09:07 PM
PaladinPimp
TravellerPaladin

but also

coding for tribes 2 is dif than coding a normal program

i'm praying that dynamix will include support for hard drive so we can d/l patches, mods, skins

mir is right

when you code for pc, you have code for wide ranges in set ups

like dif mhz, video cards, sound cards

thats why its slow and gets alot of errors

now dynamix can fully optimize the code just for ps2 hardware, so PS2 and Xbox users will prob get much better performance full settings than 90% of PC users

and I feel that the port will be exactly like the PC

i wish they would even include the map editor

but the PS2 and Xbox versions will have to be very similiar because your gonna have PC, PS2, and Xbox gamers all on the same server at the same time

i think dynamix will include some kinda mod support, my guesstimate is that TRPG 2 will run on ps2 with no adjustments...

im more worried bout da memory than the coding

i dunno how the ps2 works, so it might be dif from the pc

and im guessing they will optimize and make things such as skins, buildings, and models compressed to fit into the memory

but TRPG 2 would be sweet on a console

PaladinPimp is offline Old Post 05-19-2001 10:19 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for PaladinPimp Click here to Send PaladinPimp a Private Message Click Here to Email PaladinPimp Find more posts by PaladinPimp Add PaladinPimp to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GiB WaKeR
ZombieMauler

Cool

Uh, let me try this again.

Most likely JI wouldn't even give a thought to this 6 months from now, let alone now. Chances are its not gonna happen, PS2 is so much different than the PC its incredible...

A) Patching and updating

How are people supposed to patch RPG2 anytime JI wantede to add new content? As far as I know, you can't go "surf" and download it. And IF dynamix supported it (which I doubt), console users aren't used to "patches". When you buy something to them, its final.

B) Communication/interface

Ok, how do you chat? Generally you can't make a "community" game without communication... So theres your first road block. Secondly, if you can't type... how are you going to fit in all the functions you need to play TRPG2? Spells... Buying, Selling, yadda yadda.

Its a nice thought to see it go multiplatform, but I doubt it'll happen.

GiB WaKeR is offline Old Post 05-20-2001 01:48 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for GiB WaKeR Click here to Send GiB WaKeR a Private Message Visit GiB WaKeR's homepage! Find more posts by GiB WaKeR Add GiB WaKeR to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GiB WaKeR
ZombieMauler

Cool

BTW, thats just TWO reasons. Theres a million more...

GiB WaKeR is offline Old Post 05-20-2001 01:53 AM
PaladinPimp
TravellerPaladin

lol

first off

ps2 WILL have keyboard and mouse

2nd

there WILL be an online broswer for it

so you can always download stuff and patchs to the harddrive

its alot like a pc

I play online games with dc, i use mouse and keyboard

PaladinPimp is offline Old Post 05-20-2001 02:37 AM
Zelgadis
MinotaurReaper

quote:
Originally posted by PaladinPimp
lol

first off

ps2 WILL have keyboard and mouse

2nd

there WILL be an online broswer for it

so you can always download stuff and patchs to the harddrive

its alot like a pc

I play online games with dc, i use mouse and keyboard

and fourthly PS2 WILL come with a magic lamp and flying carpet.

Zelgadis is offline Old Post 05-20-2001 03:12 AM
Sea
OgreDestroyer

damn, I want one now, anyone selling it cheap with a free goblin runt statue?

[img]http://www.karmastorm.com/kstar004.gif[/img] SeaWolf, the underwater demon [img]http://www.karmastorm.com/kstar004.gif[/img]

Sea is offline Old Post 05-20-2001 03:27 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Sea Click here to Send Sea a Private Message Find more posts by Sea Add Sea to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GiB WaKeR
ZombieMauler

Cool

Oh right... ALLLL thoose keyboards and mouses EVERYONE has...

... ...

GiB WaKeR is offline Old Post 05-21-2001 08:38 PM
PaladinPimp
TravellerPaladin

wha...

i dunno, ps2 already has a bunch of games that can go online already...

so if you wanna go online you will NEED a keyboard and mouse, and i assume alot of people will want to play online

i think PS2 coding is in c++

and t2 has its own scripting language, so im not getting why it wouldnt work, unless dynamix just disabled mod compatibility...which they better NOT do, cause that'd be very homosexual

xbox version should be good also

PaladinPimp is offline Old Post 05-21-2001 09:47 PM
GiB WaKeR
ZombieMauler

Cool

Um... PS2 isn't a "computer"...

If people want to play good online games, they'll boot up their computer.

GiB WaKeR is offline Old Post 05-21-2001 11:02 PM
PaladinPimp
TravellerPaladin

pso is better than diablo 2, and its an online game for dc

and diablo2 is one of pc's more popular games....

also

sports games are soooo much better on consoles and playing online with them is great

PaladinPimp is offline Old Post 05-22-2001 12:52 AM
Coca_Bear
OgreRuffian

Wouldn't it be a bit boring if you can only play by your self?

Or WILL Ps2 bring out a modem for it?

If so SWEET. just have to wait for it

Coca_Bear is offline Old Post 05-24-2001 02:52 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Coca_Bear Click here to Send Coca_Bear a Private Message Visit Coca_Bear's homepage! Find more posts by Coca_Bear Add Coca_Bear to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
PaladinPimp
TravellerPaladin

PS2 can hook up a bunch of ps2's to play a LAN game

it also supports modems, broadbands and whatever else

PaladinPimp is offline Old Post 05-24-2001 05:32 PM
GiB WaKeR
ZombieMauler

Cool

*Spies PaladinPimp with his ganja*

GiB WaKeR is offline Old Post 05-26-2001 03:10 PM
Aleman
OgreDreadnought

and I hear you can connect two PS2's together to double their performance and it has a built in cellphone so you can play online no matter where it is and you can instill linux on it and make it a server for your company and you can make it a mac and you can make movies and stuff and you can put windows on it and it can be like a computer and stuff it will crash like windows but it is like a computer and you can install stuff like tribes 2 on it like a computer and you can update things like online stuff so you can patch the latest version and when you want to play online it will automatically update like UO because UO is a cool game and i hope they put it on the ps2 oh wait no i can just install it on my windows ps2 and then i can update automatically with it and play online with my ps2 keyboard and mouse thing and then when thats all over with ill wake the hell up! its a console system! its not a small god!

Aleman is offline Old Post 05-29-2001 11:09 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Aleman Click here to Send Aleman a Private Message Click Here to Email Aleman Find more posts by Aleman Add Aleman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SilverHorse
Banned

lol a small god.

A built in cell phone? thatss funny.

SilverHorse is offline Old Post 05-30-2001 04:26 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for SilverHorse Click here to Send SilverHorse a Private Message Click Here to Email SilverHorse Find more posts by SilverHorse Add SilverHorse to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Zelgadis
MinotaurReaper

the problem being the major lack of harddrive. there MAY be a memory card harrdrive port but i have seen Linux running fof the Cd,
Gib these things Are computers, they run nicer though because there is no buggy OS goin on behind the game

Zelgadis is offline Old Post 05-30-2001 04:47 AM
PaladinPimp
TravellerPaladin

sony is selling a hard drive this fall, 40 gigs of space

I just heard that pc t2 and ps2 t2 are not compatible, meaning pc users cant play ps2 users and it works the other way around

maybe ps2 and xbox people can play each other

yeah consoles are so much better for running games, pc's were never even designed to do that

the games always run at a good fps, only have to spend 200-300 every 4-5 years, good games

PC's just cost way to much, if you want to play the newest games at decent frame rates you gotta upgrade your pc so freakin often its not funny

"man i just got geforce 3 today, only got released 2 days ago"

"WHAT THE GEFORCE 5 IS ALREADY OUT? AND IT COST 1000 BUCKS?"

OR

"w00t i just the lastest P4, 1.7 ghz"

*one day passes*

"i just saw the a intel press release, a 3.4 ghz is out now"

consoles are much better when you have people over, get a multi-tap and play 8 player games

PaladinPimp is offline Old Post 05-30-2001 05:11 AM
Aleman
OgreDreadnought

naw, the computer is worth every penny, because after you're done playing your games (no, they don't get outdated that fast, i upgrade my PC every 2 years or so), you can hop online, do this and that, chat with friends, I need it to compile c++ for my ap comp class, and I need it to work on web design for my job.. its a lot more versitile than a console, which only plays games.. and maybe dvds.. they will never have the efficiency of a computer when it comes to surfing the net either - ever seen webtv?

Aleman is offline Old Post 05-30-2001 05:40 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Aleman Click here to Send Aleman a Private Message Click Here to Email Aleman Find more posts by Aleman Add Aleman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
PaladinPimp
TravellerPaladin

aleman, i didnt say pcs were worth owning

you missed it all

i said consoles were designing for GAMING

and in my honest opinion, with the new consoles out, it does almost every aspect better than a pc

you never have to worry about if a game will run good or not, or hard drive space

i also like my ps2 dvd player 50x more than my pc dvd player

pcs are prob better for browsing, printing, documents, and programming

but a ps2 isnt design for all of that, i wouldnt want it to do any of them, cept browsing (which it does)

Linux is also out for ps2, dunno why you would want it, but its out

PaladinPimp is offline Old Post 05-31-2001 03:16 AM