Profile  Register  Calendar  Memberlist  FAQ  Search Home  
Tribes RPG Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.0.3 Tribes RPG Forums > Misc > Contributors Forum > F L U F F - Particle Affect System
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post New Thread    Post A Reply
GiB WaKeR
ZombieMauler

Cool

A suggestion and request on regards to animations...

I think it would be VERY nice if there were at least three animations for meelee attacks, instad of a static "same attack" every time.

Just to spice up your life, have one show more of a sideways swing (think swinging a baseball bat), diagnol, and maybe also vertical (a "clobber" type move if you will). Then have the animations play randomly when the attack command is used for meelee weapons.

The way I envision the animations it will work for both blunt and slashing... but for piercing you of course need a "stab" animation, and maybe a 1 handed slash (as opposed to the above 2 handed) for a "small weapons" attack. (Daggers etc)

Bleh, just tossing out ideas I have... I hope they make partial sense.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

GiB WaKeR is offline Old Post 06-12-2001 12:16 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for GiB WaKeR Click here to Send GiB WaKeR a Private Message Visit GiB WaKeR's homepage! Find more posts by GiB WaKeR Add GiB WaKeR to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Mir

Just as a point of note...

Tribes can so tell where you hit...

haven't you played teh Duck hunt map for Tribes1?

It fires a buncyh of 'bots' through the sky, and it tells you where you hit them
(used for sniper practice)

Head, front back
torso, front back
right arm, left arm, rigth leg, left leg...

I think those are the only parts it has.. but it can still tell just fine.

I dont know if that functionality was added to Tribes2 or not... but I bet it was.

so area damage is probably entirely possible, the only thing is, it would Mean that JI would have to pretty much entirely recode the damage system.

Old Post 06-12-2001 09:19 PM
Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GiB WaKeR
ZombieMauler

Cool

Body-specific damage is really just a waste though...

Why would anyone aim anywhere else if its just going to do less damage?

Just have it the way it is in T1.

GiB WaKeR is offline Old Post 06-12-2001 10:36 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for GiB WaKeR Click here to Send GiB WaKeR a Private Message Visit GiB WaKeR's homepage! Find more posts by GiB WaKeR Add GiB WaKeR to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DeathMerchant
UberSloth

Well, obviously, people are going to aim for the head...

The whole point is to make other people not hit yours...

This should lessen trapping, as well as making fighting into more of a jump-around type of thing, rather that standing still, wacking at each other.

Also, have we forgotten archers and beam? It will make accuracy even more important.

DeathMerchant is offline Old Post 06-13-2001 06:30 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for DeathMerchant Click here to Send DeathMerchant a Private Message Click Here to Email DeathMerchant Find more posts by DeathMerchant Add DeathMerchant to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GiB WaKeR
ZombieMauler

Cool

But uh, see, in Tribes 2, if you stand right next to somebody (oh say, swinging distance of a sword), you'd have to be pretty bad not to be able to hit their head.

And I don't want to be hopping around like a bunny in my 100 pound platemail trying to hit someone in the head.

GiB WaKeR is offline Old Post 06-13-2001 08:33 PM
GiB WaKeR
ZombieMauler

Cool

Anyone know the rules to making particles? =)

GiB WaKeR is offline Old Post 06-16-2001 03:54 PM
DeathMerchant
UberSloth

Yeah, at sword range, you should be able to hit head. But, this will make people jump around a bit. Fighting might actually get interesting again! :-)

DeathMerchant is offline Old Post 06-22-2001 08:14 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for DeathMerchant Click here to Send DeathMerchant a Private Message Click Here to Email DeathMerchant Find more posts by DeathMerchant Add DeathMerchant to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote