Profile  Register  Calendar  Memberlist  FAQ  Search Home  
Tribes RPG Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.0.3 Tribes RPG Forums > Server Forums > Binker and Newbie's RPG > Server Outage
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post New Thread    Post A Reply
ZombieMauler

I'm not sure what was wrong but it appears to be fixed... please let me know via ICQ if it goes down my number is 8708287

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Newbie is offline Old Post 05-11-2001 02:33 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Newbie Click here to Send Newbie a Private Message Click Here to Email Newbie Visit Newbie's homepage! Find more posts by Newbie Add Newbie to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ZombieMauler

Ok... well looks like it wasn't fixed so I'm reformatting don't worry I backed everything up first

Newbie is offline Old Post 05-11-2001 04:51 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Newbie Click here to Send Newbie a Private Message Click Here to Email Newbie Visit Newbie's homepage! Find more posts by Newbie Add Newbie to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ZombieMauler

Alright it's back up but the IP changed so your gonna have to refresh all

Newbie is offline Old Post 05-11-2001 06:11 PM
ZombieMauler

OK OK so I lied it's up now I forgot to disable the powerdown options hehe sorry

Newbie is offline Old Post 05-11-2001 10:24 PM
TridentRX
TravellerPaladin

so?

TridentRX is offline Old Post 05-12-2001 12:00 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for TridentRX Click here to Send TridentRX a Private Message Click Here to Email TridentRX Find more posts by TridentRX Add TridentRX to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ZombieMauler

Well hrm.. this is really f-ucked up I don't know what the hell could be crashing the comp other than tribes it's self...it seems it will run for an hour then deadlock..

Last edited by Newbie on 05-12-2001 at 10:10 AM

Newbie is offline Old Post 05-12-2001 04:03 AM
ZombieMauler

Well I realoaded Tribes and RPG so if it locks up after this I have no clue WTF is wrong...

Newbie is offline Old Post 05-12-2001 07:48 PM
ZombieMauler

Well it keeps lockin up yet... I'm gonna let the comp just run and see if it locks it's self or if it's some software i'm running...IE Tribes, EZ-Server, or my firewall if it's something other than that I don't know what the fek to do...

Newbie is offline Old Post 05-13-2001 09:54 AM
DeathMerchant
UberSloth

I would think it would have to be something running...

You've got all power management setting on Never, or "always on", right?

hmmm.

Could be the firewall...

DeathMerchant is offline Old Post 05-13-2001 04:36 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for DeathMerchant Click here to Send DeathMerchant a Private Message Click Here to Email DeathMerchant Find more posts by DeathMerchant Add DeathMerchant to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ZombieMauler

no it's nothing of the sort... I let it run overnight with nothing but explorer systray and rundll and it still locked...

Newbie is offline Old Post 05-13-2001 07:35 PM
TridentRX
TravellerPaladin

Badvery bad

Did you check for currupted memory? If systray is running do you think Norton could be causing it check the scheduled things.

TridentRX is offline Old Post 05-13-2001 08:07 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for TridentRX Click here to Send TridentRX a Private Message Click Here to Email TridentRX Find more posts by TridentRX Add TridentRX to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ZombieMauler

I don't have norton installed and it's not any software as I had suspected it's a heat issue... the fan on the powersupply is ****ered... it's bareley moving at all...

Newbie is offline Old Post 05-13-2001 08:11 PM
ZombieMauler

Well let's just hope my lil operation was a success I poped open the power supply and put a new fan in. I knew I kept those old fans for a reason it's moving air now so with hopes it works I'm gonna startup the server and pray.

Newbie is offline Old Post 05-13-2001 08:36 PM
DeathMerchant
UberSloth

We're praying too...I save all my old computer parts.

DeathMerchant is offline Old Post 05-13-2001 09:29 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for DeathMerchant Click here to Send DeathMerchant a Private Message Click Here to Email DeathMerchant Find more posts by DeathMerchant Add DeathMerchant to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ZombieMauler

hehe I have stuff from back before 286 5.25" Low density floppy drives that take 2 bays old ass 25 meg HDD's man and to think it was just 10-15 years ago that that stuff was top of the line...

Newbie is offline Old Post 05-13-2001 11:45 PM