Profile  Register  Calendar  Memberlist  FAQ  Search Home  
Tribes RPG Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.0.3 Tribes RPG Forums > Server Forums > Binker and Newbie's RPG > Server number thing
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post New Thread    Post A Reply
TimeSlpiter
ZombieThrasher

i think it would be kewl with 16 peeps on at a time

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

TimeSlpiter is offline Old Post 07-10-2001 07:44 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for TimeSlpiter Click here to Send TimeSlpiter a Private Message Click Here to Email TimeSlpiter Find more posts by TimeSlpiter Add TimeSlpiter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Internet

Massive Server=
Split Servers=

Old Post 07-10-2001 07:50 PM
Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DeathMerchant
UberSloth

Actually, I bet it wouldn't lag too bad with his current badwidth and 16 people...

Not totally sure, but worth a try, perhaps?

DeathMerchant is offline Old Post 07-10-2001 08:10 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for DeathMerchant Click here to Send DeathMerchant a Private Message Click Here to Email DeathMerchant Find more posts by DeathMerchant Add DeathMerchant to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ZombieMauler

well it's basicly a Bandwith Issue... now hopefully I can afford an upgrade to that soon but I'm not sure.. some of the lag at times was software related but i've figured out most of that now all i need to do is upgrade the server to win2k and it should be really peachy..

Newbie is offline Old Post 07-10-2001 08:33 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Newbie Click here to Send Newbie a Private Message Click Here to Email Newbie Visit Newbie's homepage! Find more posts by Newbie Add Newbie to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Internet

I've been trying to connect for 2 hours and I can't get in! aarg

Old Post 07-10-2001 08:58 PM
john
ZombieThrasher

I'm sitting here waiting for some poor player to timeout so I can get in.....anytime now....

Attachment: ahhhhh.gif
This has been downloaded 14 time(s).

john is offline Old Post 07-10-2001 09:02 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for john Click here to Send john a Private Message Click Here to Email john Find more posts by john Add john to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
john
ZombieThrasher

eerrrr server has returned to normal

Attachment: errr.gif
This has been downloaded 12 time(s).

john is offline Old Post 07-10-2001 09:05 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for john Click here to Send john a Private Message Click Here to Email john Find more posts by john Add john to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ZombieMauler

I'm not sure what is causing that to happen but I am going to reformat the server tomorrow afternoon to Windows 2000 and get rid of ME forever!!!

Fact: Windows ME is the only OS Microshaft has ever appolgized for..

Newbie is offline Old Post 07-10-2001 09:14 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Newbie Click here to Send Newbie a Private Message Click Here to Email Newbie Visit Newbie's homepage! Find more posts by Newbie Add Newbie to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Internet

is there any scripts you can get to auto-check servers?

my finger is gonna fall off!

Old Post 07-10-2001 09:30 PM
ZombieMauler

well.. kinda depends on what ya mean..

Newbie is offline Old Post 07-10-2001 09:37 PM
DeathMerchant
UberSloth

LOL, John, I only recognise 3 people on that list.

I need to start playing again....

Thats one reason Im, not on as much anymore...I hate clicking the refresh button for up to an hour...

DeathMerchant is offline Old Post 07-10-2001 09:44 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for DeathMerchant Click here to Send DeathMerchant a Private Message Click Here to Email DeathMerchant Find more posts by DeathMerchant Add DeathMerchant to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Internet

hmm mabye I might be able to connect some day...

I got a chance once but I got a messag saying the server went down aarg.

LET ME IN!!!

Old Post 07-10-2001 09:49 PM
ZombieMauler

hehe RPG needs more servers!! or just better ones..

Newbie is offline Old Post 07-10-2001 09:50 PM
Internet

need better server!

Attachment: aarg!!!.bmp
This has been downloaded 10 time(s).

Old Post 07-10-2001 09:55 PM
TridentRX
TravellerPaladin

internet.

A massive server would be cool but we just explained why we cannot double the people on a server.(we need a super computer)

Two servers would double the amount of people that can play. Maybe we can eventually increase the servers capacity up to 5 but increasing the total capacity by 16 is much better.

TridentRX is offline Old Post 07-10-2001 11:12 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for TridentRX Click here to Send TridentRX a Private Message Click Here to Email TridentRX Find more posts by TridentRX Add TridentRX to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Twister
ZombieThrasher

If you are rich enough to pull a T3 line and a 1.5 ghz amd athlon Tbird.. and 1 gig of ram... you could prolly hold up to 32 ppl...

of course its all possible but only problem ideas like this in the real world cost money to make possible...

Twister is offline Old Post 07-11-2001 01:14 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Twister Click here to Send Twister a Private Message Click Here to Email Twister Find more posts by Twister Add Twister to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ZombieMauler

well **** since your dreaming why not go for an OC-45

Newbie is offline Old Post 07-11-2001 01:25 AM
Internet

somebody buy newbie a brand new computer!

he deserves one

Old Post 07-11-2001 04:11 AM
Twister
ZombieThrasher

i think newbie should get a award or somethin he hosts a server for our benifet off his own money ect...

Twister is offline Old Post 07-11-2001 05:29 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Twister Click here to Send Twister a Private Message Click Here to Email Twister Find more posts by Twister Add Twister to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Internet

hehe we should get together and figure out a good way to reward him

Old Post 07-11-2001 06:00 AM
Twister
ZombieThrasher

hmm but what =)

Twister is offline Old Post 07-11-2001 06:04 AM
ZombieMauler

Hrm.... money is ALWAYS nice hehe

Newbie is offline Old Post 07-11-2001 09:43 AM
DeathMerchant
UberSloth

Heh, I still owe newbie a $20. Just have to figure out how to get it to him...

mail or some form of credit card thingie...

DeathMerchant is offline Old Post 07-11-2001 02:57 PM
redragon
GoblinRaider

You can maybe reward newbie with a satalite modem thingamajiger.

redragon is offline Old Post 07-11-2001 04:37 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for redragon Click here to Send redragon a Private Message Click Here to Email redragon Find more posts by redragon Add redragon to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Kendwaho
GoblinThief

Smile new server

Why not take up a collection from newbie players, to purchase a new server, so more ppl can play.
Newbie, how many ppl on ur server, or better yet how many characters, have everyone send u $10 per character, and use this money to upgrade, this would cost me $30 total, but i'd be willing to pay.
anyone else willing?

Proud member of F.B.I. Retired (til needed)

Kendwaho is offline Old Post 07-12-2001 06:42 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Kendwaho Click here to Send Kendwaho a Private Message Click Here to Email Kendwaho Find more posts by Kendwaho Add Kendwaho to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DeathMerchant
UberSloth

Sure!

DeathMerchant is offline Old Post 07-12-2001 02:54 PM
ZombieMauler

well there are 2039 characters on the server 820 that have been accessed in the last month... I think I'll to a clear out again.. take out only the ones that have been touched in the last 5 weeks. Don't worry if ya haven't played in the last 5 weeks the charactars are not being deleted just moved out of the temp dir.

But Holy cow if everyone sent my $10 per char that would pay off the laptop I had to buy for school plus could get one SERIOUS system for serving, if you guys would do that.... I can't even put into words how that would make me feel, supercalafragalisticexpialadoc
ious doesn't even come close.

What it would be is...

1.4 GHz Thunderbird
Asus A7A266 Motherboard
512 DDR Ram (mabey more hehe)

Newbie is offline Old Post 07-12-2001 03:19 PM
DeathMerchant
UberSloth

20 grand....that would be nice!!! Realistically, it would be substantially less, as some people are one-time visitors, but I'm sure lot's of people would be willing to donate, especially those of us who play a lot.

DeathMerchant is offline Old Post 07-12-2001 04:11 PM
redragon
GoblinRaider

$20,000 thats a lot of dough you can buy a car with that and a few computers.

redragon is offline Old Post 07-12-2001 04:15 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for redragon Click here to Send redragon a Private Message Click Here to Email redragon Find more posts by redragon Add redragon to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ZombieMauler

Well what wouldn't go to the computer would go to the ISP for service... but If you guys would want to do this I nominate Kendwaho to collect it... that is once again only if you guys decide to do this

Newbie is offline Old Post 07-12-2001 04:58 PM