Profile  Register  Calendar  Memberlist  FAQ  Search Home  
Tribes RPG Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.0.3 Tribes RPG Forums > Server Forums > Binker and Newbie's RPG > read already......
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Lord Psylocke
GoblinRunt

read already......

I am not sure if this is possible...... even if it is it might not be worth it BUT......... what would it take to get a mirror server of Binker + Newbies? Its 12:30 am right now and it is packed full w/ 14 ppl online right now......... a mirror server would be great.... as it is some ppl wait 1hr just to get on which is insane....

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Lord Psylocke is offline Old Post 07-12-2001 08:31 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Lord Psylocke Click here to Send Lord Psylocke a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Psylocke Add Lord Psylocke to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Binker
OgreRuffian

hrrmm.. I prolly could.. but it would be a real pain in the ass at times.. b/c we'd have to transfer **** back and forth all the time.

It seems to me most strange that men should fear;
Seeing that death, a neccessary end, Will come when it will come
~William Shakespeare.

Binker is offline Old Post 07-13-2001 01:17 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Binker Click here to Send Binker a Private Message Click Here to Email Binker Find more posts by Binker Add Binker to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ZombieMauler

Yeah the mirror server sounds all good in thery but it really wouldn't work.. not with the amount of traffic i get anyhow...

Newbie is offline Old Post 07-13-2001 02:10 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Newbie Click here to Send Newbie a Private Message Click Here to Email Newbie Visit Newbie's homepage! Find more posts by Newbie Add Newbie to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TridentRX
TravellerPaladin

actually it is possible

you have to set up a file server on a LAN it is easy but on the internet it is hard. works like this, we modify the server code to go look into the file server for the character files instead of its temp directory. We also make a list inside the server listing who and who is not on at the moment. the other server reads that list to stop characters from logging on to more than one server.

TridentRX is offline Old Post 07-13-2001 03:36 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for TridentRX Click here to Send TridentRX a Private Message Click Here to Email TridentRX Find more posts by TridentRX Add TridentRX to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SolarRPG
MinotaurReaper

I could possibly...

650 P3
256 RAM
20 GB
Tested and works fine with 14 PPL

Solar

SolarRPG is offline Old Post 07-13-2001 06:17 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for SolarRPG Click here to Send SolarRPG a Private Message Find more posts by SolarRPG Add SolarRPG to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Lord Psylocke
GoblinRunt

what if instead you broke it down into 2 servers?(if u guys got 2 comps)....... like one Binker's and the Other Newbie's and keep the chars on both servers but the server that someone logs onto and advances their char on will become the server they play on....? Like if I signed onto Binker's and worked on my char then I wouldnt play on Newbie's....... or would this idea just suck? I am not sure

BTW dont hold this post against me....... 5 shots in 10 mins...... dont start lol (to some its not a lot to others it is..... depends on how much u drink...... to me its a good buzz but no more)

Lord Psylocke is offline Old Post 07-13-2001 06:33 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Lord Psylocke Click here to Send Lord Psylocke a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Psylocke Add Lord Psylocke to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Binker
OgreRuffian

well I couldn't run my server 24/7.. that would be my only prob..

~William Shakespeare.

Binker is offline Old Post 07-13-2001 09:08 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Binker Click here to Send Binker a Private Message Click Here to Email Binker Find more posts by Binker Add Binker to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DeathMerchant
UberSloth

Yes, that would be a problem...

DeathMerchant is offline Old Post 07-13-2001 09:18 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for DeathMerchant Click here to Send DeathMerchant a Private Message Click Here to Email DeathMerchant Find more posts by DeathMerchant Add DeathMerchant to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Lord Psylocke
GoblinRunt

*hopes I dont get in trouble for this*

Well I guess by now we are used to a server not being up 24-7 so what difference would it make? heheheh

BTW I am just messing around about the server being down a lot...... im used to player run servers and ive seen them go down a lot on UO so this is nothing new....... does anyone know why its down right now or why it keeps going down?

Lord Psylocke is offline Old Post 07-15-2001 04:30 AM
SolarRPG
MinotaurReaper

i could host B&Ns but youd probably see not as many admins...

Solar

SolarRPG is offline Old Post 07-15-2001 04:39 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for SolarRPG Click here to Send SolarRPG a Private Message Find more posts by SolarRPG Add SolarRPG to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Lord Psylocke
GoblinRunt

*coughs* i have experience as a admin....... I can be one........ hehehehe

i wish.... I was admin on 2 UO servers but dont know CRAP about TRPG....

Lord Psylocke is offline Old Post 07-15-2001 04:41 AM
ZombieMauler

I'm not sure what the hell is wrong with it... but it's down for such long periods of time cuz i havn't been home much the last couple days...

Newbie is offline Old Post 07-15-2001 05:18 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Newbie Click here to Send Newbie a Private Message Click Here to Email Newbie Visit Newbie's homepage! Find more posts by Newbie Add Newbie to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Lord Psylocke
GoblinRunt

well that always sucks......... oh well....... not much anybody can do unless your home............ do the other admins have some sort of remote-access that they can put the shard up when your not there?

Lord Psylocke is offline Old Post 07-15-2001 07:20 AM
ZombieMauler

No they don't and I do that for security... as long as no one can get into the machine then there is less of a chance of a hack

Newbie is offline Old Post 07-15-2001 12:47 PM
Jet
GoblinRunt

i can see your concern for not using telnet but there are preventions to being hacked. if a good hacker really wanted to hack you, he would no matter what you are using.

Jet is offline Old Post 07-15-2001 05:19 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Jet Click here to Send Jet a Private Message Click Here to Email Jet Find more posts by Jet Add Jet to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DeathMerchant
UberSloth

Yes and no Jet...teleadmin makes it easier to hack...

The point is, it's not like he's the pentegon or something, most people could care less about hacking his TRPG server... And, if security is done right, hacking is next to impossible.

DeathMerchant is offline Old Post 07-16-2001 04:15 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for DeathMerchant Click here to Send DeathMerchant a Private Message Click Here to Email DeathMerchant Find more posts by DeathMerchant Add DeathMerchant to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Binker
OgreRuffian

would it be a bad thing for me to have remote acess.. like through net meeting or something along that line? It's not like I would fack it up : )

~William Shakespeare.

Binker is offline Old Post 07-16-2001 04:28 PM
SilverHorse
Banned

yes you would :P:

SilverHorse is offline Old Post 07-16-2001 05:50 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for SilverHorse Click here to Send SilverHorse a Private Message Click Here to Email SilverHorse Find more posts by SilverHorse Add SilverHorse to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DeathMerchant
UberSloth

As long as all computers that have access are secure, and there is no way to fake the computers ID's, you'll be fine. I suggest VPN.

No comments about Binkers skill. :-)

DeathMerchant is offline Old Post 07-16-2001 06:30 PM
Anime2399
GoblinRunt

Server going down

i was just wondering why you dont use the infinitespawn program to bring the server back up if it goes down.

Anime2399 is offline Old Post 07-24-2001 05:34 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Anime2399 Click here to Send Anime2399 a Private Message Click Here to Email Anime2399 Find more posts by Anime2399 Add Anime2399 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TimeSlpiter
ZombieThrasher

ok i read it lol

TimeSlpiter is offline Old Post 07-24-2001 06:40 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for TimeSlpiter Click here to Send TimeSlpiter a Private Message Click Here to Email TimeSlpiter Find more posts by TimeSlpiter Add TimeSlpiter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ZombieMauler

DUDE I do use Infinant Spawn but if the damn program just locks up instead of closes it won't restart.... and even if it does restart sometimes it just doesn't accept connections for some reason

Newbie is offline Old Post 07-24-2001 01:23 PM