Profile  Register  Calendar  Memberlist  FAQ  Search Home  
Tribes RPG Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.0.3 Tribes RPG Forums > Server Forums > Binker and Newbie's RPG > Theory Of Lag. Please Read:
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post New Thread    Post A Reply
thullan
GoblinRunt

Exclamation Theory Of Lag. Please Read:

Everyone by now is using a script, and is foresurely using auto scripts to ease the pain of dreadful tasks... but with this ease I beleive there is a price to pay... lag.. My theory is that if there is any lag between server and player running an auto script the script will notice that the previous command was never completed and stack on more commands... now this is only a theory and I've already been killed for saying this... but think about it, I beleive if this is true a simple way to fix it is after about 10 minutes of auto scripting give it a 20 second rest.. or if you go afk for a long time when you come back turn it off for a minute or so.

please do not kill me for saying this.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

thullan is offline Old Post 07-17-2001 02:28 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for thullan Click here to Send thullan a Private Message Click Here to Email thullan Find more posts by thullan Add thullan to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SolarRPG
MinotaurReaper

Good scripts don't cause lag... Usually all auto scripts dont cause lag...

Solar

SolarRPG is offline Old Post 07-17-2001 02:42 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for SolarRPG Click here to Send SolarRPG a Private Message Find more posts by SolarRPG Add SolarRPG to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
john
ZombieThrasher

Remind me to PK thullan later.....lol j/k

john is offline Old Post 07-17-2001 05:07 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for john Click here to Send john a Private Message Click Here to Email john Find more posts by john Add john to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DeathMerchant
UberSloth

LOL, thullan. Good idea, but it doesn't work that way.

Casting bots cause more lag than people with scripts...

DeathMerchant is offline Old Post 07-17-2001 04:28 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for DeathMerchant Click here to Send DeathMerchant a Private Message Click Here to Email DeathMerchant Find more posts by DeathMerchant Add DeathMerchant to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
LoganG
GoblinThief

Lightbulb Bright Idea

Keep those thongs goning and a few people may be aiming to kill ya. Not me of course, its a great theory though.
-Logan

LoganG is offline Old Post 07-17-2001 07:30 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for LoganG Click here to Send LoganG a Private Message Find more posts by LoganG Add LoganG to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jammer4592
GoblinRunt

even bad scripts can cause user side lag not server side its all the bots that spawn that cuase lag and the magic like d rift

jammer4592 is offline Old Post 07-18-2001 05:13 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for jammer4592 Click here to Send jammer4592 a Private Message Find more posts by jammer4592 Add jammer4592 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DeathMerchant
UberSloth

It's not the magic it self, really. It's mainly the bots with those laggy casting blades.

DeathMerchant is offline Old Post 07-18-2001 02:15 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for DeathMerchant Click here to Send DeathMerchant a Private Message Click Here to Email DeathMerchant Find more posts by DeathMerchant Add DeathMerchant to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote