Profile  Register  Calendar  Memberlist  FAQ  Search Home  
Tribes RPG Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.0.3 Tribes RPG Forums > Server Forums > Binker and Newbie's RPG > OMG Dialup SUCKS!
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post New Thread    Post A Reply
ZombieMauler

OMG Dialup SUCKS!

Well I got into my new place and the phone just got switched over today... not sure if I'm gonna be able to keep my DSL service here :( but man dialup blows chunks... not to mention I have to use NetZero... which really is pretty good here as far as dialup goes but well DAMN

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Newbie is offline Old Post 08-02-2001 05:02 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Newbie Click here to Send Newbie a Private Message Click Here to Email Newbie Visit Newbie's homepage! Find more posts by Newbie Add Newbie to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Apache

Hey Newbie.
Man I have had trouble from hell... found out why the HD was working its ass off... The CPU was over heating.. Man I didn'y know how rough you had it trying to run a game server.. Dam it's a job and a half.. Glad to hear you got ya a place..
I hope to catch ya online soon so we can chat..

Apache is offline Old Post 08-02-2001 05:18 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Apache Click here to Send Apache a Private Message Click Here to Email Apache Find more posts by Apache Add Apache to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Mog
TravellerPaladin

Glad to see your back. Let's see you chug these two beers!

[img]http://www.flagline.com/images/us-flag-flying.jpg[/img]
And God bless America!

Mog is offline Old Post 08-02-2001 05:47 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Mog Click here to Send Mog a Private Message Click Here to Email Mog Find more posts by Mog Add Mog to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ZombieMauler

Well I have some good and bad news... First. the good, DSL is availible here (YAY!)
B. the bad, the MORON that I talked to to transfer my phone line disconnected my DSL service... when I called in today I actually got a manager and well it will take till the 16th before I have service again but he said he's gonna try to light a fire under someone's ass (I hope he really does)
Third. the EHHH, well since I was disconnected I will no longer be in Bridging Mode I'll prolly be changed to PPP Mode (the new "better" mode) ehh better my ass PPP SUCKS so I don't know what kind of changes that will do to hosting but I will see what happens and hopefully by the end of the month things will be back to normal... My thanks to Apache for hosting the server, now I have at least one player who knows the troubles I go through making it fun for you all
The Phone Company vs. Me

Last edited by Newbie on 08-02-2001 at 04:48 PM

Newbie is offline Old Post 08-02-2001 04:35 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Newbie Click here to Send Newbie a Private Message Click Here to Email Newbie Visit Newbie's homepage! Find more posts by Newbie Add Newbie to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DeathMerchant
UberSloth

hmm, do you go through pacbell/swbell?

If so, I can see if I can get some stuff sorted out. :-)

Yes, PPP sucks ass. PPPoE probably....What did you have before? Static?

DeathMerchant is offline Old Post 08-02-2001 05:08 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for DeathMerchant Click here to Send DeathMerchant a Private Message Click Here to Email DeathMerchant Find more posts by DeathMerchant Add DeathMerchant to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ZombieMauler

Well I have to go through Qwest and a seperate ISP (but that ISP keeps getting eaten up by bigger ones) It started out as SD.Cybernex.net then got eaten by SD.Value.net that got eaten by Boss.com that got eaten by Amerion now...

Newbie is offline Old Post 08-02-2001 05:16 PM
ZombieMauler

I'll have to drop in and see how it is for the poor Dialup users...

Newbie is offline Old Post 08-02-2001 06:01 PM
DeathMerchant
UberSloth

LOL, welcome to the world of dialup, Newbie!

Hopefully your stay here in Internet Hell is a short one...

DeathMerchant is offline Old Post 08-02-2001 07:12 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for DeathMerchant Click here to Send DeathMerchant a Private Message Click Here to Email DeathMerchant Find more posts by DeathMerchant Add DeathMerchant to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SolarRPG
MinotaurReaper

Its not that bad... I had to use dialup one time too...

Solar

SolarRPG is offline Old Post 08-03-2001 12:27 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for SolarRPG Click here to Send SolarRPG a Private Message Find more posts by SolarRPG Add SolarRPG to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Internet
MinotaurGoliath

dial-up isn't that bad... but I would much rather have somethin faster though damn cheap parents...

------------------------------------------------
Character Status

Server: Binker and Newbie's RPG
Name: Internet
Class: Ranger
RL: 22
Level: 91
Cash: 5.2 million
Storage: Enough stuff to equip an army... Also interested in buying keldrinite for good prices (I will outbid almost anyone.)
Last Updated: 10/28/01
------------------------------------------------

Internet is offline Old Post 08-03-2001 05:34 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Internet Click here to Send Internet a Private Message Find more posts by Internet Add Internet to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ZombieMauler

ahh you say that now... but use DSL or Cable for 2 years and see how you feel going back down to dialup speeds...

Newbie is offline Old Post 08-03-2001 01:18 PM
SolarRPG
MinotaurReaper

I had to use a connection of about 4000 BITS! per second when I was in the middle of nowhere one time lol...

Solar

SolarRPG is offline Old Post 08-03-2001 02:45 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for SolarRPG Click here to Send SolarRPG a Private Message Find more posts by SolarRPG Add SolarRPG to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Allanon
GnollShaman

hmmm.....

i think im gonna get the same type of internet one of my ffiends has at sum point. lol, and he has the new 400k internet. THATS 4 MEGS A SEC BABY YA!!!!!

TheDruidAllanon

Server:Binkers and Newbies
Class:Ranger - Archer
Remort:3
Level:105
Cash:0.9 mil
Storage:Alot...
Last u pdated:10/26/01

Allanon is offline Old Post 08-04-2001 06:19 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Allanon Click here to Send Allanon a Private Message Click Here to Email Allanon Visit Allanon's homepage! Find more posts by Allanon Add Allanon to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Toaster
Master of Toast

I spent my time in dialup hell... it was not fun. It wasn't even good dialup. The max it supported was 33.6k, which is utter ****. Now I'm on crappy cable, which is still better that the dialup.

In two weeks I'm on a college connection. 622 mbps baby!

Toaster

Read The Newbie Guide!

Toaster is offline Old Post 08-04-2001 06:27 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Toaster Click here to Send Toaster a Private Message Click Here to Email Toaster Visit Toaster's homepage! Find more posts by Toaster Add Toaster to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SolarRPG
MinotaurReaper

622 MBPS????!!!

Solar

SolarRPG is offline Old Post 08-05-2001 03:54 AM
Toaster
Master of Toast

Talking

=D

Attachment: wtfleet.jpg
This has been downloaded 24 time(s).

Toaster

Read The Newbie Guide!

Toaster is offline Old Post 08-05-2001 08:00 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Toaster Click here to Send Toaster a Private Message Click Here to Email Toaster Visit Toaster's homepage! Find more posts by Toaster Add Toaster to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Binker
OgreRuffian

I've pulled 400k/sec downloads off cnet.com with my cable.. : )

It seems to me most strange that men should fear;
Seeing that death, a neccessary end, Will come when it will come
~William Shakespeare.

Binker is offline Old Post 08-05-2001 10:54 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Binker Click here to Send Binker a Private Message Click Here to Email Binker Find more posts by Binker Add Binker to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SolarRPG
MinotaurReaper

Hehe and one time I was downloading a file and the tranfer ranged from 700-1060 KBytes per sec but at that time I didnt know how to take a screenshot lol =/

Solar

SolarRPG is offline Old Post 08-06-2001 01:57 AM