Profile  Register  Calendar  Memberlist  FAQ  Search Home  
Tribes RPG Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.0.3 Tribes RPG Forums > Server Forums > Binker and Newbie's RPG > sigh
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post New Thread    Post A Reply
DeathMerchant
UberSloth

By watching the chat screen, with a filter.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

DeathMerchant is offline Old Post 08-07-2001 04:25 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for DeathMerchant Click here to Send DeathMerchant a Private Message Click Here to Email DeathMerchant Find more posts by DeathMerchant Add DeathMerchant to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Twister
ZombieThrasher

it will miss alot of bots if they just join.. and also itll only be when admin is around and its not very often when admin is around so why bother.. we could just do it server side most likley

Twister is offline Old Post 08-07-2001 04:54 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Twister Click here to Send Twister a Private Message Click Here to Email Twister Find more posts by Twister Add Twister to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DeathMerchant
UberSloth

Yes, but surely this could be done server side...manually call the funtion or some such...

DeathMerchant is offline Old Post 08-07-2001 05:05 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for DeathMerchant Click here to Send DeathMerchant a Private Message Click Here to Email DeathMerchant Find more posts by DeathMerchant Add DeathMerchant to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Twister
ZombieThrasher

actually i started the server side part even before you started this convo... but some reason you made it client side =p.. just hafta figure out how to find bot names and well be in buisiness

Twister is offline Old Post 08-07-2001 05:09 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Twister Click here to Send Twister a Private Message Click Here to Email Twister Find more posts by Twister Add Twister to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DeathMerchant
UberSloth

hmm, well, perhaps you could have it get a list of all enemies in each zone...but we don't want to kill mimiced people. Or, we could have it keep a list of all bots spawned, and subtract when one dies, but that would be far too complex...hmmm.

DeathMerchant is offline Old Post 08-07-2001 05:21 PM
Twister
ZombieThrasher

well i was thinking about how zonelist works ect.. just use that code and plug it in maybe to get the names.. dunno would have to look

Twister is offline Old Post 08-07-2001 05:44 PM
Twister
ZombieThrasher

dur.. welll that makes it simple.. ill have it done by tonight.. im gunna go see rush hour 2 now =p

Twister is offline Old Post 08-07-2001 05:46 PM
john
ZombieThrasher

Ummm why not just make a new map with less bot's?.....

I'll explain myself further later need to get back to work.

john is offline Old Post 08-07-2001 07:49 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for john Click here to Send john a Private Message Click Here to Email john Find more posts by john Add john to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Twister
ZombieThrasher

that simple in the .mis... but we need a challange. and besides just one bot takes up alot of space and usually they just stay there even if there isnt anyone there so why not clean up wasted space..

Twister is offline Old Post 08-07-2001 10:10 PM
TimeSlpiter
ZombieThrasher

i like that idea

LOOK!! at the words.....whoa *goes insane*

TimeSlpiter is offline Old Post 08-07-2001 10:34 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for TimeSlpiter Click here to Send TimeSlpiter a Private Message Click Here to Email TimeSlpiter Find more posts by TimeSlpiter Add TimeSlpiter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Twister
ZombieThrasher

think i got it working... but need to test and clean the script up..

Twister is offline Old Post 08-08-2001 12:26 AM
TridentRX
TravellerPaladin

quote:
Originally posted by Twister
script??? for the admin?? well then how is the admin gunna figure out the bots name client side...

actually thats pretty simple. just check for bot numbers up to twenty and check to see if they are dead. If not #kill them.

But I have a good idea. newbie do this.

--AutoExec.cs--
$spawnMultiplier = "5";
This will increase the time it takes for bots to spawn. This will slow the spawning proccess lowering the lag.

Edit: Better Idea. Create a new admin command. (chat commands run server side and that is where the playerlists and botlists are.)

TridentRX is offline Old Post 08-08-2001 12:57 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for TridentRX Click here to Send TridentRX a Private Message Click Here to Email TridentRX Find more posts by TridentRX Add TridentRX to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Twister
ZombieThrasher

or better idea use my function thats server side that kills all bots that are in zones where ppl are not... and i got it to check everytime it says saveworld will occur in 60 seconds so ppl cant just grab packs... well at least i think it will drop packs cuz i used player::kill();

Twister is offline Old Post 08-08-2001 01:07 AM
Deus_ex_Machina
God from Machine

Use #if

Get the botlist and kill them all in that zone with the admin cmds....

#if {Admin::Kill(Zone_name)}

function Admin::Kill(%zone) {

// 3 is for bots
%list = Zone::getPlayerList(%zone, 3);
for(%i = 0; GetWord(%list, %i) != -1; %i++) {
%id = GetWord(%list, %i);
storeData(%id, "noDropLootbagFlag", True);
ClearEvents(%id);
Player::Kill(%id);
}
}

Deus_ex_Machina is offline Old Post 08-09-2001 02:40 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Deus_ex_Machina Click here to Send Deus_ex_Machina a Private Message Click Here to Email Deus_ex_Machina Visit Deus_ex_Machina's homepage! Find more posts by Deus_ex_Machina Add Deus_ex_Machina to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Twister
ZombieThrasher

lil to late.. already done =p

Twister is offline Old Post 08-09-2001 03:44 AM
Twister
ZombieThrasher

but thats not server side is it =/.. mine whenever it says notice in 60 seconds the server checks for bots and ppl and kills off bots if needed..

Twister is offline Old Post 08-09-2001 03:50 AM