Profile  Register  Calendar  Memberlist  FAQ  Search Home  
Tribes RPG Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.0.3 Tribes RPG Forums > Server Forums > Binker and Newbie's RPG > sigh
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Twister
ZombieThrasher

ppl complain about lag all the time and complain even more when they die and blame it on lag.. but silver is cool and prolly wont do it again and yet you still flame on..

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Twister is offline Old Post 08-05-2001 08:05 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Twister Click here to Send Twister a Private Message Click Here to Email Twister Find more posts by Twister Add Twister to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DeathMerchant
UberSloth

Wow!

Sorry for reviving this thread...

I'm split...on one hand, I like killing gohorts, yet Silvers lag explanation is perfectly logical. If it was me, I'd just go back and kill more sloths.

Now, more importantly, about the casting blade, it considers all spells... This means, a wizard considers casting drift, or so I've heard... It makes the call based on a random number, casting time, damage, etc, and makes a decision. It does this each time the casting blade swings, regardless of whether the recovery time has passed. If we could somehow recode it(dunno how, but it's an idea) to cast a random spell once the recov time for a previous spell is completed, that would get rid of most lag....

DeathMerchant is offline Old Post 08-05-2001 08:22 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for DeathMerchant Click here to Send DeathMerchant a Private Message Click Here to Email DeathMerchant Find more posts by DeathMerchant Add DeathMerchant to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Twister
ZombieThrasher

hand me notepad and lets go..

Twister is offline Old Post 08-05-2001 09:26 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Twister Click here to Send Twister a Private Message Click Here to Email Twister Find more posts by Twister Add Twister to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DeathMerchant
UberSloth

hmmm...I probably made a mistake....oh wait, I haven't actually looked at the casting blade in ages. It's probably changed during one of those versions....

I wonder, could you simply make it a random cast?

Random number(if higher than spell bot can cast, --random number, check again)

DeathMerchant is offline Old Post 08-05-2001 09:46 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for DeathMerchant Click here to Send DeathMerchant a Private Message Click Here to Email DeathMerchant Find more posts by DeathMerchant Add DeathMerchant to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Twister
ZombieThrasher

nah.. i looked over the code and casting blade picks a spell from random with this line of code. %index = GetBestSpell(%clientId, 1, True);... then it goes through abit about AI and stuff then comes to this witch casts the spell remoteSay(%clientId, 0, "#cast " @ $Spell::keyword[%index]);.. the spell is determend by the %index... but #cast or #spell goes through some checks before starting the whole spell process... it checks for if you are currently casting, or recovering, or sleeping or dead.. now all of those have to return true before the whole casting process begins by going through all the spells like you so pointed out.. so in fact it seems you are wrong DM in this case..

Twister is offline Old Post 08-05-2001 09:50 PM
Twister
ZombieThrasher

but we can prolly greatly reduce lag if we took out the, you tried to hit blah but missed!

Twister is offline Old Post 08-05-2001 09:54 PM
Twister
ZombieThrasher

also maybe if we added in that delete the bots that are in zones where no one is around

Twister is offline Old Post 08-05-2001 09:56 PM
DeathMerchant
UberSloth

quote:
Originally posted by Twister
%index = GetBestSpell(%clientId, 1, True);... then it goes through abit about AI and stuff then comes to this witch casts the spell remoteSay(%clientId, 0, "#cast " @ $Spell::keyword[%index]);.. the spell is determend by the %index... but #cast or #spell goes through some checks before starting the whole spell process... it checks for if you are currently casting, or recovering, or sleeping or dead..

Want to post the whole thing? I'll see if I can hack some crap out. Odds are though, that the bots'll act somewhat differently after I get done. One thing you'll notice from the current casting blade is that it will almost never cast beam...

I want to make it strictly random, so that a bot will randomly cast any spell he is able to... This means a gohort has an equal chance of casting thorn, beam, rift, or whatever... should add some uncertainty.

DeathMerchant is offline Old Post 08-05-2001 10:24 PM
SolarRPG
MinotaurReaper

quote:
Originally posted by Twister
also maybe if we added in that delete the bots that are in zones where no one is around

Its an option in RPGServ

Solar

SolarRPG is offline Old Post 08-05-2001 10:25 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for SolarRPG Click here to Send SolarRPG a Private Message Find more posts by SolarRPG Add SolarRPG to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Twister
ZombieThrasher

umm solar.. that option is to not spawn bots when ppl arnt in the zones.. not delete them..

Twister is offline Old Post 08-05-2001 10:41 PM
DeathMerchant
UberSloth

Twisters right...and B & N has it checked, arenas off, etc. all the things that could cause lag are set to "lag-free".

DeathMerchant is offline Old Post 08-05-2001 10:53 PM
Twister
ZombieThrasher

well all things that are there to check are checked for lag free.. but we could always create more options to reduce lag.. just have to figure out what..

Twister is offline Old Post 08-05-2001 11:03 PM
SolarRPG
MinotaurReaper

Well youd have to make sure they dont drop packs then everyone would keep going in and out of zones getting Dscales etc...

Solar

SolarRPG is offline Old Post 08-06-2001 01:55 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for SolarRPG Click here to Send SolarRPG a Private Message Find more posts by SolarRPG Add SolarRPG to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Twister
ZombieThrasher

then you would have the problem someone dying by a bot and bot takes there stuff... and dies with it..

Twister is offline Old Post 08-06-2001 02:03 AM
SolarRPG
MinotaurReaper

well then were stuck =/

Solar

SolarRPG is offline Old Post 08-06-2001 04:35 AM
TimeSlpiter
ZombieThrasher

solar what'd u use for ur sig

LOOK!! at the words.....whoa *goes insane*

TimeSlpiter is offline Old Post 08-06-2001 04:45 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for TimeSlpiter Click here to Send TimeSlpiter a Private Message Click Here to Email TimeSlpiter Find more posts by TimeSlpiter Add TimeSlpiter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ZombieMauler

My Lord... WTF ppl, like Cloud said Silverhorse is admin, if he chose to close off the Gohorts for ANY reason that should be good enough for you, expecially when he gave a time frame as to when it would be open again.. On the other note of this thread, LAG it's there and it will be a part of the server for a while only about a week left till I am (hopefully) able to host the server again but I'm not sure what differences there will be with it in this area, the substation may be farther away than at my last place, but when I get the server up and running here again you can be sure that I'll be taking every step to get the server back in as close to lag free as possible, at least to the point of where it was before the move so hold on for a lil while longer and we'll see what comes up, untill then stay cool

Newbie is offline Old Post 08-06-2001 05:05 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Newbie Click here to Send Newbie a Private Message Click Here to Email Newbie Visit Newbie's homepage! Find more posts by Newbie Add Newbie to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Mog
TravellerPaladin

Thats right, stay cool or i shall MOOGLE YOU ALL!! YOU ALL SHALL BE MY MOOGLED SLAVES! BWAHAHAHAHA! Kill ubers, bring claymores and D-scales! BWAHAHAHAaaaa....

[img]http://www.flagline.com/images/us-flag-flying.jpg[/img]
And God bless America!

Mog is offline Old Post 08-06-2001 05:15 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Mog Click here to Send Mog a Private Message Click Here to Email Mog Find more posts by Mog Add Mog to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Twister
ZombieThrasher

hate to break out again but me and silver found faults in both of us already and made up... but anyhow it lags now, always been that way and dun know how your gunna change it =/ unless you upgrade alot =p...

Twister is offline Old Post 08-06-2001 06:22 AM
SolarRPG
MinotaurReaper

If youre far away from the CO Newbie uploads are going to suck =/ Hopefully youll get decent ones though. If not, and Apache is unable to keep the server up, I would be glad to host it dedicated, as it is on a seperate machine I use solely as a server.

Solar

SolarRPG is offline Old Post 08-06-2001 06:45 AM
Twister
ZombieThrasher

dun worry newbie can do it..

Twister is offline Old Post 08-06-2001 06:57 AM
SolarRPG
MinotaurReaper

Cool...

Solar

SolarRPG is offline Old Post 08-06-2001 08:30 AM
Deus_ex_Machina
God from Machine

Try this function.... just backup the old function
Find this in weapons.cs

function CastingBladeImage::onFire( %player, %slot )
{
%clientId = Player::getClient(%player);

if(%clientId == "")
%clientId = 0;

if(fetchData(%ClientId, "SpellCastStep") == 1) {
if(OddsAre(3))
MeleeAttack(%player, GetRange(Hatchet), CastingBlade);
return;
}
if(fetchData(%TrueClientId, "SpellCastStep") == 2) {
if(OddsAre(3))
MeleeAttack(%player, GetRange(Hatchet), CastingBlade);
return;
}

%index = GetBestSpell(%clientId, 1, True);

%length = $Spell::LOSrange[%index]-1;

$los::object = "";
if(GameBase::getLOSinfo( %player, %length ) && %index != -1)
{
%obj = getObjectType($los::object);
if(%obj == "Player")
{
if(Player::isAiControlled( %clientId ))
{
AI::newDirectiveRemove( fetchData(%clientId, "BotInfoAiName"), 99);
}
remoteSay(%clientId, 0, "#cast " @ $Spell::keyword[%index]);
%hasCast = True;
}
}
if(!%hasCast)
{
if(OddsAre(3))
MeleeAttack(%player, GetRange(Hatchet), CastingBlade); //mimic the hatchet range
}
%hasCast = "";
}

Deus_ex_Machina is offline Old Post 08-06-2001 05:01 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Deus_ex_Machina Click here to Send Deus_ex_Machina a Private Message Click Here to Email Deus_ex_Machina Visit Deus_ex_Machina's homepage! Find more posts by Deus_ex_Machina Add Deus_ex_Machina to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Internet
MinotaurGoliath

if your going to make it so bots are deleted when a player leaves a zone set a time limit to it so like 30 minues after a player leaves a zone all bots in the zone are deleted or somethin like that. that would prevent ppl from just running away from strong bots to get them killed or just doing that to grab their pack.

just my ideas...

------------------------------------------------
Character Status

Server: Binker and Newbie's RPG
Name: Internet
Class: Ranger
RL: 22
Level: 91
Cash: 5.2 million
Storage: Enough stuff to equip an army... Also interested in buying keldrinite for good prices (I will outbid almost anyone.)
Last Updated: 10/28/01
------------------------------------------------

Internet is offline Old Post 08-06-2001 06:41 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Internet Click here to Send Internet a Private Message Find more posts by Internet Add Internet to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DeathMerchant
UberSloth

Um, I see problem... you are happily soloing in uber at 4 am as a newly remorted lowbie. You hop around the corner to trap a sloth, and come face to face with a loose gohort...BAM

You respawn, and realize that, since the zone is empty, all bots inside have been deleted. Unfortunately, one of the Ubers appears to have taken our pack with him...a kill would be better.

DeathMerchant is offline Old Post 08-06-2001 06:54 PM
Twister
ZombieThrasher

I have already stated that DM

Twister is offline Old Post 08-06-2001 11:07 PM
DeathMerchant
UberSloth

yeah, but if the bot is #kill'ed instead of #delbot'ed, he drops a pack....

DeathMerchant is offline Old Post 08-07-2001 02:49 PM
Twister
ZombieThrasher

well #1 bots dont have admin powers so no #kill or #delbot is gunna happen...

Twister is offline Old Post 08-07-2001 04:06 PM
DeathMerchant
UberSloth

Im assuming that an admin would set this script up...

DeathMerchant is offline Old Post 08-07-2001 04:07 PM
Twister
ZombieThrasher

script??? for the admin?? well then how is the admin gunna figure out the bots name client side...

Twister is offline Old Post 08-07-2001 04:09 PM