Profile  Register  Calendar  Memberlist  FAQ  Search Home  
Tribes RPG Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.0.3 Tribes RPG Forums > Server Forums > Binker and Newbie's RPG > sigh
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Xin_
GoblinRunt

sigh

silver you may not realize this but sealing off sections of the map anoys ppl
it's understandable for quests or quick testing or something
but you sealed off the gohort room because of lag??
and it must have been just your lag too, because i'm on a 28.8 connection and i was getting none

so please think before you act...

Attachment: thankssilver.jpg
This has been downloaded 44 time(s).

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Xin_ is offline Old Post 08-05-2001 05:15 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Xin_ Click here to Send Xin_ a Private Message Click Here to Email Xin_ Find more posts by Xin_ Add Xin_ to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SilverHorse
Banned

xin, it was lagging before I sealed the room. After I sealed it, no problems. And if you would have listened, you would have realized that I was unlocking it in a matter of minutes. I was waiting to see if there was any chance of lag coming back. So next time, LISTEN. I unblocked it about 2 minutes after you left. Maybe you should get the facts str8 before you act.

SilverHorse is offline Old Post 08-05-2001 05:19 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for SilverHorse Click here to Send SilverHorse a Private Message Click Here to Email SilverHorse Find more posts by SilverHorse Add SilverHorse to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Xin_
GoblinRunt

in any case, the pic speaks for itself

Xin_ is offline Old Post 08-05-2001 05:25 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Xin_ Click here to Send Xin_ a Private Message Click Here to Email Xin_ Find more posts by Xin_ Add Xin_ to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SilverHorse
Banned

ll you had to do was ask and I would have spawned a couple high lvl sloths for you. But no, you had to get pissy. You always have an attitude with me Xin.

Lets just drop it ok? When and IF I can get back on, I will have a quest for only those who were so "wronged"

SilverHorse is offline Old Post 08-05-2001 05:28 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for SilverHorse Click here to Send SilverHorse a Private Message Click Here to Email SilverHorse Find more posts by SilverHorse Add SilverHorse to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Twister
ZombieThrasher

and spawning more doesnt lag? give em a break man.. need to learn some ppl skills..

Twister is offline Old Post 08-05-2001 05:41 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Twister Click here to Send Twister a Private Message Click Here to Email Twister Find more posts by Twister Add Twister to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SilverHorse
Banned

I would rather have the lag from two spawned sloths then one magic casting gohort.

SilverHorse is offline Old Post 08-05-2001 05:48 AM
Twister
ZombieThrasher

dude what are you nutz.. is there a leak in your brain or sumtin.. lag is lag.. lag is when you get the lil red symbol, on some peeps its a happy face. if you like to enjoy your lag.. how about enjoy it on your own server and not take parts of the game away cuz you think it is better for us...

Twister is offline Old Post 08-05-2001 06:15 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Twister Click here to Send Twister a Private Message Click Here to Email Twister Find more posts by Twister Add Twister to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SilverHorse
Banned

Twister,

You did not even understand what I said.

SilverHorse is offline Old Post 08-05-2001 06:22 AM
Twister
ZombieThrasher

yes i did. and either way lag is gunna be the same hasnt changed for years always been when loss or packets cpu 100% ect... and isnt gunna change cuz of diff bots..

but further more maybe ya should of asked before doin that since some ppl do have things they like to do and gohort fighting may be one of em and obviously was in xin's case..

Twister is offline Old Post 08-05-2001 06:25 AM
SilverHorse
Banned

Twister,

Mage bots lag more then fighting bots.

SilverHorse is offline Old Post 08-05-2001 06:26 AM
Internet
MinotaurGoliath

I was going to fight gohorts with xin as well...

and there was no lag for a long time and everybody's PL was 0 and silver was saying he wouldn't unlock it for 10 minutes and to let the PL settle when PL is 0! He never did unlock it. A server crash did.

btw silver what connection are you on? cause I'm only on a 56k and I had no lag...

------------------------------------------------
Character Status

Server: Binker and Newbie's RPG
Name: Internet
Class: Ranger
RL: 22
Level: 91
Cash: 5.2 million
Storage: Enough stuff to equip an army... Also interested in buying keldrinite for good prices (I will outbid almost anyone.)
Last Updated: 10/28/01

Internet is offline Old Post 08-05-2001 06:35 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Internet Click here to Send Internet a Private Message Find more posts by Internet Add Internet to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Twister
ZombieThrasher

im not as stupid as i may look.. mage bots do lag possibly.. more like there spells not the bots themselves.. but where in your mind are you thinking just putting a rock there.. rocks and spawned stuff causes a lil bit of lag too sometime can nock ppl off server.. why not just kill da bot if you dont like em so much ya know simple stuff where things like this dont happen..

Twister is offline Old Post 08-05-2001 06:36 AM
SilverHorse
Banned

Internet:

If you would have watched the wall, you would saw the wall disapear, the rock disapear, and the other wall disappear seconds before server crashed. I deleted them, and server crashed.

SilverHorse is offline Old Post 08-05-2001 06:38 AM
SilverHorse
Banned

Twister:

I did kill the bot, and then saw someone going in to drag it back out once it spawned. So I locked it.

SilverHorse is offline Old Post 08-05-2001 06:39 AM
Twister
ZombieThrasher

hrmm did anywhere there occur to you that maybe they dragged it out for a reason.. besides there are more than one mage bot.. wizards magi warlock paladin reaper gohort... and you decide to pick on this one... dude where is your brain here.. you made a bad call face it.. and if you were any kind of person you would end this here...

Twister is offline Old Post 08-05-2001 06:44 AM
machwing
OgreHalberdier

twister, shut up. silver, shut up. That happened in the past and you cant change that, either of you. Just let it go, it was 10 measly minutes of non-gohorts. being deprived of gohorts is not gonna kill you, and then again, the gohorts might kill you=/

machwing is offline Old Post 08-05-2001 07:26 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for machwing Click here to Send machwing a Private Message Click Here to Email machwing Find more posts by machwing Add machwing to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Twister
ZombieThrasher

machwing shut up.. machwing shut up.. machwing shut up.. need i say more..

Twister is offline Old Post 08-05-2001 08:24 AM
SilverHorse
Banned

Twister, we agree on something

SilverHorse is offline Old Post 08-05-2001 08:32 AM
john
ZombieThrasher

lol....cant we all just....get...along?

john is offline Old Post 08-05-2001 08:52 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for john Click here to Send john a Private Message Click Here to Email john Find more posts by john Add john to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Internet
MinotaurGoliath

wish that could happen john but it never does...

Character Status

Server: Binker and Newbie's RPG
Name: Internet
Class: Ranger
RL: 22
Level: 91
Cash: 5.2 million
Storage: Enough stuff to equip an army... Also interested in buying keldrinite for good prices (I will outbid almost anyone.)
Last Updated: 10/28/01

Internet is offline Old Post 08-05-2001 12:52 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Internet Click here to Send Internet a Private Message Find more posts by Internet Add Internet to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DeathMerchant
UberSloth

Um, first off, casting blades can lag...

.dis's cause an extremely minor amount of lag. On a fairly slow server, we didn't lag it out until something like 900 dis's were spawned in a small area with 4 ppl in it. Just playing around...almost all the dises were viseble from each other. 3 items are not gonna make a difference.

Yes, I like fighting gohorts too, but you guys do need to chill...all casting bots do lag, but only when fighting. Otherwise they are the same as any other bot. The reason he prolly blocked gohorts is 'cause people were fighting them...only a few ppl fight the other casting bots.

Well thats it for my incoherent rant.

DeathMerchant is offline Old Post 08-05-2001 04:34 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for DeathMerchant Click here to Send DeathMerchant a Private Message Click Here to Email DeathMerchant Find more posts by DeathMerchant Add DeathMerchant to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Twister
ZombieThrasher

why are you losers carrying this on... me and silver no longer fight yet machwing and dethmerchant carry it on.. STOP THE INSTANITY MAN!!! gunna get us all moogled

Twister is offline Old Post 08-05-2001 05:19 PM
DeathMerchant
UberSloth

Um, and?

I have all of one post on this thread...It's not like I've been exactly flaming either...just posting my opinions, and correcting a few mistakes.

Oh yeah, and....moogled? Is that something Mog would do?

DeathMerchant is offline Old Post 08-05-2001 06:45 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for DeathMerchant Click here to Send DeathMerchant a Private Message Click Here to Email DeathMerchant Find more posts by DeathMerchant Add DeathMerchant to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Twister
ZombieThrasher

whats wrong wit moogled...

Twister is offline Old Post 08-05-2001 06:57 PM
DeathMerchant
UberSloth

Just wondering what it meant...

DeathMerchant is offline Old Post 08-05-2001 07:02 PM
Cloud
UndeadNecromancer

ALL RIGHT LISTEN UP

Here are the points i am going to make:

A. Silver, locking the gohort room up was way out of line. Gohorts are NOT the only bots using casting blades, making it a server wide problem, and you had no right to try and localize it

B. Xin, although Silver had no right to close off the gohort room, you should have respected him enough to wait the extra 10 minutes. He is an admin and there are many reasons WHY he is an admin, and i know you know them

C. Casting Blades DO lag. That is why Mage bots are no good at the moment. For the moment, i would tell newbie to change the mage bot loadouts to match a fighters or rangers.

D. I have been thinking about this mage bot lag thing for some time, and am working on a few theories on how bots would ACTUALLY use there magic without a blade. But right now, i havent even started to make theory coding, so that will be some time.

So for now, just change the mage bot loadout removing the casting blade, and giving them a strong weapon or something. GSN Temp did it, and they have had almost NO lag for some time now.

Video Being Fixed
Whoever b0rked my sig, don't56k'ers, don't try ^_^ | no more plugin dl!

Cloud is offline Old Post 08-05-2001 07:38 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Cloud Click here to Send Cloud a Private Message Find more posts by Cloud Add Cloud to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SilverHorse
Banned

Cloud-

The only mage bot being fought that was powerful enough to cause significant lag was the gohort. no one was in trav den/evles, and reaper, well, everyone ran from the reaper.

SilverHorse is offline Old Post 08-05-2001 07:42 PM
Cloud
UndeadNecromancer

Still

You had no right to close off that area. if it was causing lag, tough. There are many high remorters here, and if thats where they go to continue to remort and level, you cant stop them like that.

If apache is still hosting the server, thats who you go to about this stuff, you are an admin, not server host. Thats a problem for you and the host to discuss, not for you to go ahead and take the initiative like that

Video Being Fixed
Whoever b0rked my sig, don't56k'ers, don't try ^_^ | no more plugin dl!

Cloud is offline Old Post 08-05-2001 07:45 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Cloud Click here to Send Cloud a Private Message Find more posts by Cloud Add Cloud to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SilverHorse
Banned

Cloud, I offered a temporary fix. People were complaining to me that they were dying because of lag, and losing their stuff. I offered temporary relief. IT was only for 10 friggin minutes. Either way, why drag it on??

SilverHorse is offline Old Post 08-05-2001 07:52 PM
SilverHorse
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by Twister
why are you losers carrying this on... me and silver no longer fight yet machwing and dethmerchant carry it on.. STOP THE INSTANITY MAN!!! gunna get us all moogled

SilverHorse is offline Old Post 08-05-2001 07:53 PM