Profile  Register  Calendar  Memberlist  FAQ  Search Home  
Tribes RPG Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.0.3 Tribes RPG Forums > Server Forums > Binker and Newbie's RPG > The reason the world needs me.
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Mog
TravellerPaladin

The reason the world needs me.

You've seen them. They're cute. And white. And fuzzy. In several games, in fact. But you may ask yourself, why? Why are there teddybear-like creatures in a video game with involved plots, beautiful artwork, and wonderful music? Do we really NEED moogles?

In a way, yes. Imagine an evil man, corrupted by a higher force, seeking to kill his own brother. A lunatic, who sinks the continents by disrupting a carefully kept magical balance. A skilled fighter, who discovers his life has meant nothing -- and seeks to change it by justifying his goal which will destroy countless lives in the process.

Cities, industrial and thriving. Crime is rampant. War machines are built in an assembly line. The strong feed off the weak. Technology reaches its highest peak -- and more -- until it simply cannot be controlled.

Mutated creatures from unknown origins, legends, and nightmares. Death and decay plague the land, and the only place to hide is in the comfort of a sparsely populated town.

But why do we need moogles? They just sit there, and act cute, and occasionally have some role in the storyline. And chocobos -- aren't they just dumn little chickens? Why do so many people have to dance in FF4? Why do the characters expressions seem cartoony at times in FF6? Doesn't this silliness detract from the game?

Maybe it does. But again, what if the Final Fantasy series was devoid of any humor? If there was no light-heartedness, no cutesy creatures, none of that. You'd have a very dark, grim game. So chocobos and moogles balance out this grimness, and add a lighthearted tone to counteract the dark ones, right?

Yes. But not completely. You see, the struggle between man and moogle has been going on for millenia. Constantly, the two sides will face off and try to dominate the other, but secretly wish that a balance will be reached. Don't mistake this for the battle between good and evil; no, this is similair, but not quite the same.

Many movies have an element of humor, even extremely violent ones. A character may make a remark and you'll laugh, or a whole gag may go throughout the script. And if there is no humor, or hardly any, then the writer has succeeded in controlling what many freudians today refer to as "The Inner Moogle."

Suppressing The Inner Moogle is neither a good nor bad thing; however, too much suppressing of either side will often create an unrealistic view of things. The Inner Moogle is the subconscious' way of saying to the unconscious that something needs to be added here. Some tiny thing, no matter how insignificant, must counter the element of either too much light or too much dark. The Inner Moogle itself is not "all good" or "all bad", but more of the nuetral, or the referee between the two. It monitors each and makes sure an adequate balance is reached.

But why does our subconscious seek The Inner Moogle in the first place? The most logical explanation is the reaching out to the desire of having some kind of childish pleasure to hold on to. Like when a baby sleeps with a teddy bear. Years from now, that baby will be a mature teenager, and yet, he or she may occasionally feel the need to have a teddy bear (or a blanket or a rattle). Unfortunetly, teddy bears have become unacceptable at this age and thus the teenager must substitute it for the next best thing- the opposite sex. Now, the teenager most likely feels a need to cuddle with this person as a way of reaching out, a kind of inner expression if you will, which is the same kind as the original baby holding a teddy bear years ago.

As human beings mature each day, we still hold back on to something. The subconscious desires the comfort and simplicity of yesterday, and thus tries to emulate it. The moogle in Final Fantasy is simply a form of this expression, demonstrating that although the world may be miserable, hope may be lost, and all things will perish, above all the moogle is more important than all of these, embodying the mind, body, and soul in perfect harmony.

From "The Freudian Moogle" by Tim Turner

Moogle bio

[img]http://www.flagline.com/images/us-flag-flying.jpg[/img]
And God bless America!

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Mog is offline Old Post 08-08-2001 09:03 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Mog Click here to Send Mog a Private Message Click Here to Email Mog Find more posts by Mog Add Mog to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Internet
MinotaurGoliath

help... I think I've been moogled... but way too confused to tell

------------------------------------------------
Character Status

Server: Binker and Newbie's RPG
Name: Internet
Class: Ranger
RL: 22
Level: 91
Cash: 5.2 million
Storage: Enough stuff to equip an army... Also interested in buying keldrinite for good prices (I will outbid almost anyone.)
Last Updated: 10/28/01

Internet is offline Old Post 08-08-2001 09:56 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Internet Click here to Send Internet a Private Message Find more posts by Internet Add Internet to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
-jinnai-
UndeadSkeleton

I love moogles so much! They're real useful when taking target practice. Good for your aim.

Bin Laden

(- J i n A n i m e -)

-jinnai- is offline Old Post 08-08-2001 10:56 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for -jinnai- Click here to Send -jinnai- a Private Message Click Here to Email -jinnai- Visit -jinnai-'s homepage! Find more posts by -jinnai- Add -jinnai- to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Mog
TravellerPaladin

This moogle fights back..

And God bless America!

Mog is offline Old Post 08-08-2001 11:59 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Mog Click here to Send Mog a Private Message Click Here to Email Mog Find more posts by Mog Add Mog to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Internet
MinotaurGoliath

quote:
Originally posted by -jinnai-
I love moogles so much! They're real useful when taking target practice. Good for your aim.

lol that's a great use for them.

Character Status

Storage: Enough stuff to equip an army... Also interested in buying keldrinite for good prices (I will outbid almost anyone.)

Internet is offline Old Post 08-09-2001 03:51 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Internet Click here to Send Internet a Private Message Find more posts by Internet Add Internet to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Mog
TravellerPaladin

Internet, i remember dancing around your ass for at least 2 minutes, before i got tired of watching a lvl 101 consistenly miss a lvl 27..

And God bless America!

Mog is offline Old Post 08-09-2001 04:14 AM
Twister
ZombieThrasher

the power of the moogles are on mogs side

Twister is offline Old Post 08-09-2001 04:16 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Twister Click here to Send Twister a Private Message Click Here to Email Twister Find more posts by Twister Add Twister to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Internet
MinotaurGoliath

quote:
Originally posted by Mog
Internet, i remember dancing around your ass for at least 2 minutes, before i got tired of watching a lvl 101 consistenly miss a lvl 27..

huh?

Character Status

Internet is offline Old Post 08-09-2001 09:03 AM
Mog
TravellerPaladin

One of the many times youve tried to pk me but failed.

And God bless America!

Mog is offline Old Post 08-09-2001 07:33 PM
Internet
MinotaurGoliath

oh yea you were afk...

"You tried to hit Mog but missed! (LCK)"

gee I wonder why....

Character Status

Internet is offline Old Post 08-10-2001 04:23 AM
Twister
ZombieThrasher

that is one of the many reasons i dont like you internet......

Twister is offline Old Post 08-10-2001 05:56 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Twister Click here to Send Twister a Private Message Click Here to Email Twister Find more posts by Twister Add Twister to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Mog
TravellerPaladin

Actually, no.. not that kind of miss... i kept running in circles and you (like most fighters) kept running straight at me. Consitenly missed every time..

And God bless America!

Mog is offline Old Post 08-10-2001 06:15 AM
Twister
ZombieThrasher

kinda like a stupid charging bull eh? when he sees red.. runs and the guy outsmarts em by moving..

Twister is offline Old Post 08-10-2001 06:38 AM
Electricdeath

KUPO!

Electricdeath is offline Old Post 08-10-2001 07:45 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Electricdeath Click here to Send Electricdeath a Private Message Click Here to Email Electricdeath Find more posts by Electricdeath Add Electricdeath to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Internet
MinotaurGoliath

trident_rx said u could pk afk ppl...

and mog that never happened.....

Character Status

Internet is offline Old Post 08-11-2001 03:01 AM
-jinnai-
UndeadSkeleton

The world of FFIX can't leave without moogles! The little bobby ball on top of their heads... How could you not live without those balls! OMG! THE HORROR!

Bin Laden

(- J i n A n i m e -)

-jinnai- is offline Old Post 08-12-2001 03:15 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for -jinnai- Click here to Send -jinnai- a Private Message Click Here to Email -jinnai- Visit -jinnai-'s homepage! Find more posts by -jinnai- Add -jinnai- to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Mog
TravellerPaladin

Actually it did happen, your probably just too embarassed to admit it. We were on K-town bridge. for about 3-4 minutes.

And God bless America!

Mog is offline Old Post 08-12-2001 06:09 AM
Internet
MinotaurGoliath

uhh nope

Character Status

Internet is offline Old Post 08-12-2001 11:54 AM