Profile  Register  Calendar  Memberlist  FAQ  Search Home  
Tribes RPG Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.0.3 Tribes RPG Forums > Server Forums > Binker and Newbie's RPG > To anyone who cares about quests:
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Mog
TravellerPaladin

Post To anyone who cares about quests:

Dont you think we get something other than Dust , E-stones, and D-scales for quests? Dust = 1 million coins, and not every player can make that kind of money. E-stones arent rare, but the rewards arent good. D-scales are rare as hell, the rewards are fine, but its mostly monetary. I suggest we put up a few more quests, some for experience mostly. I have a few suggestions that im trying to thread out, but till then, give me your opinion.

[img]http://www.flagline.com/images/us-flag-flying.jpg[/img]
And God bless America!

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Mog is offline Old Post 08-11-2001 07:26 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Mog Click here to Send Mog a Private Message Click Here to Email Mog Find more posts by Mog Add Mog to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Twister
ZombieThrasher

well if you want a quest.. tell me exactly what you want in it.. ill design it and if newbie approves its up =)

Twister is offline Old Post 08-11-2001 08:29 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Twister Click here to Send Twister a Private Message Click Here to Email Twister Find more posts by Twister Add Twister to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DeathMerchant
UberSloth

Ok, put another NPC inside the bridge, and another one in the well. You should bring like 10 skeleton bones to the guy in the bridge. For this, you should get a key (or token or whatever), and after this and an orb of breath is brought to the guy in the well, you get a prize.

I'd guess a fair amount of exp...or perhaps a knight shield?

Idea2: Bring a dozen emeralds to a bot in the middle of nowhere and get a knight shield. Emeralds are underused... A nice place for the bot would be in Delkin Port, since no one goes there.

DeathMerchant is offline Old Post 08-11-2001 03:47 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for DeathMerchant Click here to Send DeathMerchant a Private Message Click Here to Email DeathMerchant Find more posts by DeathMerchant Add DeathMerchant to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Twister
ZombieThrasher

mog marked out a place thats way out of the way.... but isnt there anything a lil more exciting =/

Twister is offline Old Post 08-11-2001 06:36 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Twister Click here to Send Twister a Private Message Click Here to Email Twister Find more posts by Twister Add Twister to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SilverHorse
Banned

hmm maybe have to fight something to get to the far out person

SilverHorse is offline Old Post 08-11-2001 07:01 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for SilverHorse Click here to Send SilverHorse a Private Message Click Here to Email SilverHorse Find more posts by SilverHorse Add SilverHorse to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Twister
ZombieThrasher

nothin like that.. more bots more lag and to easy to do...

Twister is offline Old Post 08-11-2001 07:43 PM
Mog
TravellerPaladin

Lets stray away from giving out shields/ect. Those are for admins. Im talking about good exp, cuz getting 30 and 80 a quest really... sux0rz.

And God bless America!

Mog is offline Old Post 08-11-2001 08:36 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Mog Click here to Send Mog a Private Message Click Here to Email Mog Find more posts by Mog Add Mog to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DeathMerchant
UberSloth

Ok, instead of the shield, just make it an exp quest, then.

Oh yeah, and a *great* place for a bot, for ppl with ww's only, would be the second floor of the ethrin castle. You know, if, instead of going in the door, you fly up, there is a cubbyhole up there. Perfect place for a quest bot.

Idea3: There is also an empty shaft inside Ethrin for a bot. Put a bot in there that wants rocks. Lots of rocks. Bring him 1000 rocks, and he gives you some SP or EXP. I like the idea of an SP quest....

DeathMerchant is offline Old Post 08-11-2001 08:39 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for DeathMerchant Click here to Send DeathMerchant a Private Message Click Here to Email DeathMerchant Find more posts by DeathMerchant Add DeathMerchant to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Twister
ZombieThrasher

how about we load a **** load of bots in towns.... to make it more towny lookin..

Twister is offline Old Post 08-11-2001 08:41 PM
Twister
ZombieThrasher

hell while were at it.. lets add a keldrin town (past).... thats by the well.. have the well the center of it..

Twister is offline Old Post 08-11-2001 08:44 PM
DeathMerchant
UberSloth

Oh, heck yeah. I abhor all these empty rooms.

What does Delkin have, one person?

Idea! Have a lev one bot spawn in one of the "back streets" of keldrin. Would be entertaining to see a TravellerUrchin7 running around. :-)

Yoshi's has a town near the well. It's really cool.

DeathMerchant is offline Old Post 08-11-2001 08:44 PM
Twister
ZombieThrasher

delkin also doesnt have very many "rooms"

Twister is offline Old Post 08-11-2001 08:47 PM
Mog
TravellerPaladin

Slow down nah..

1st off, this wasnt supposed to be total map rendering.
2nd off, not towns, quests.
3rd of all, i do have an idea for that empty tunnel near banker
4th, considering that travellers live up in the sky and cant go through the tele, how the hell would they get to ktown?

And God bless America!

Mog is offline Old Post 08-11-2001 08:48 PM
Twister
ZombieThrasher

to get travellers to spawn in ktown.. you would change there spawn points... duh..

Twister is offline Old Post 08-11-2001 08:54 PM
DeathMerchant
UberSloth

Just a new spawn point. It would spawn only the little ones, as we really don't need palis wandering through keldrin, wiping out the newbies.... Wait, what am I saying, of COURSE we need newbie killing bots! J/K.

1. this won't change terrain, etc, so you won't have to change the maps for all the users.

2. Well, having some of the quest bots in town would be a nice addition.

3. Tell us!

4.see above...

DeathMerchant is offline Old Post 08-11-2001 09:38 PM
Mog
TravellerPaladin

The point is, you only would see travellers in their den..

DM, the shaft-near-banker idea is still in development.. (cant come up with a reason that it would be there).. expect more info soon

Quest bots shouldnt be easy to reach if their reward is high. (dust for example)

And God bless America!

Mog is offline Old Post 08-11-2001 09:43 PM
DeathMerchant
UberSloth

I know....but that one that I mentioned requires ww's to get to...actually, most of them do. Also, getting into the bridge compartment, in well...niether of those are exactly easy. and, collecting, say 10 bones or 1000 rocks is going to be a bit of a chore.

The trav thing is just a random idea...but an Urchin wouldn't be out of place in town, and i picked to put them on the travs team for these reasons.

1. A traveller would move around, one would think, and get to town now and then.

2. They look like people, and we obbviously would have tem around town.

3. You can set it so only one bot will spawn at a certain spawn point. We'd obviously want this, unless you want to get stormed at banker...

4. a lev 1 running around would be entertaining to play with, even for newbies. No real damage done. Just give him a hatchet for a weapon.

DeathMerchant is offline Old Post 08-11-2001 10:00 PM
Twister
ZombieThrasher

dude.. we can just build new bots.. no need for travellers.... hell we could rewrite the bot code if needed...

Twister is offline Old Post 08-11-2001 10:43 PM
DeathMerchant
UberSloth

Yeah but...KISS. Do as little as possible. :-)

Yeah, you could get rid of the traveller thing, but it's not like it matters. And, we can't have more than 8 teams. Tribes limitation.

DeathMerchant is offline Old Post 08-11-2001 10:58 PM
Mog
TravellerPaladin

You can get into the cubby with glides, *runs up stairs, jumps off top, glides over, takes a bow* making that easy.

1000 rocks as in small rocks?

And God bless America!

Mog is offline Old Post 08-11-2001 11:04 PM
Twister
ZombieThrasher

limitation to teams.. maybe.. but hasnt stopped me yet.

Twister is offline Old Post 08-12-2001 02:43 AM
-jinnai-
UndeadSkeleton

I got a great quest that you can do at home! Take your pc out to your back yard and load up some shells in your trusty boom stick. Then, take careful aim, and let er rip!

If you don't wanna do that, you can always buy a furby and have fun! Just stuff it down a fireworks launcher... you know.... that one they use during the fourth of july at disney world... You can have hours of fun watching annoying fubies go BOOM!

Bin Laden

(- J i n A n i m e -)

-jinnai- is offline Old Post 08-12-2001 03:00 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for -jinnai- Click here to Send -jinnai- a Private Message Click Here to Email -jinnai- Visit -jinnai-'s homepage! Find more posts by -jinnai- Add -jinnai- to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Mog
TravellerPaladin

who are you and why did your mother drop you on the head as a child?

And God bless America!

Mog is offline Old Post 08-12-2001 06:06 AM
Internet
MinotaurGoliath

for some reason -jinnai-'s ideas seem really good...

------------------------------------------------
Character Status

Server: Binker and Newbie's RPG
Name: Internet
Class: Ranger
RL: 22
Level: 91
Cash: 5.2 million
Storage: Enough stuff to equip an army... Also interested in buying keldrinite for good prices (I will outbid almost anyone.)
Last Updated: 10/28/01

Internet is offline Old Post 08-12-2001 11:52 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Internet Click here to Send Internet a Private Message Find more posts by Internet Add Internet to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DeathMerchant
UberSloth

quote:
Originally posted by Mog
You can get into the cubby with glides, *runs up stairs, jumps off top, glides over, takes a bow* making that easy.

1000 rocks as in small rocks?

OK, well, it'd be possible, but most lev 25's are too stupid to do it anyhow. :-)

Yup, small rocks. It would have to either involve a really high weight cap, teamwork, or many trips with packs. Also, getting that many rocks at once would be interesting.

DeathMerchant is offline Old Post 08-12-2001 05:36 PM
Twister
ZombieThrasher

well DM ghost miner sells small rocks like 14 or 13 a piece...

Remort Level: 10++
Level: who knows
Current Stuff: dumb sloth ate it then lagged out..

Twister is offline Old Post 08-12-2001 05:46 PM
DeathMerchant
UberSloth

Well yeah, but...14K, plus the pain of hauling them, another 1K for an orb of breath. You'd be better off paying off newbies. Or, killing thieves and warlocks. Both those have a fair amount of rocks. The hauling them would be the real fun anyhow. :-)

Wait...doesn't ghost miner charge more than 14 for small rocks? I thought it was like 20 or something.

DeathMerchant is offline Old Post 08-12-2001 06:00 PM
Twister
ZombieThrasher

lemme check.. small rocks are hardcoded as 13.. and ghost miner figures his prices as 13 * .1 and that gets the 10% and then it just adds that to the origonal price 13 and rounds it... witch is about 14 yes.. but hauling wouldnt be to hard... just do the bug type thing where you say hi then buy.. then tele on over to ethren and boost up there then buy all the rocks there so no need to haul =/

Twister is offline Old Post 08-12-2001 07:03 PM
Internet
MinotaurGoliath

uhh my weight cap is over 1,300

Character Status

Server: Binker and Newbie's RPG
Name: Internet
Class: Ranger
RL: 22
Level: 91
Cash: 5.2 million
Storage: Enough stuff to equip an army... Also interested in buying keldrinite for good prices (I will outbid almost anyone.)
Last Updated: 10/28/01

Internet is offline Old Post 08-13-2001 01:05 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Internet Click here to Send Internet a Private Message Find more posts by Internet Add Internet to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Twister
ZombieThrasher

uhh who the hell cares

Twister is offline Old Post 08-13-2001 02:39 AM