Profile  Register  Calendar  Memberlist  FAQ  Search Home  
Tribes RPG Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.0.3 Tribes RPG Forums > Server Forums > Binker and Newbie's RPG > A Theory About The Lag Issue
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Cloud
UndeadNecromancer

Thumbs up A Theory About The Lag Issue

From what i have seen, the server runs fine, except for about every 6 minutes we (or i at least) gets hit with about a 15 second lag burst.

I believe this lag burst is not the server or the Client, but the Host's IP. I believe the host when he said that the server is running on T1, but i think he either forgot to mention, or doesnt know that the T1 isnt a normal T1 line. It's a burst T1 line. For those who dont know what Burst T1 is, Burst T1 is a T1 lines which "spurts" to bandwith of a T1 over the line. By doing this, it makes it cheaper and more cost efficent for the ISP to distribute thier lines. It's completely legal, hence the fact, the customer has the choice of a full T1 or burstable T1.

The server has been showing the effects of Burstable T1. My friend had this type of line at his job, and he had attempted to run a Dedicated Star Trek Elite Force Server, which soon lost population due to the bursts of lag.

Tell me what you think.

Video Being Fixed
Whoever b0rked my sig, don't56k'ers, don't try ^_^ | no more plugin dl!

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Cloud is offline Old Post 08-18-2001 05:24 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Cloud Click here to Send Cloud a Private Message Find more posts by Cloud Add Cloud to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Twister
ZombieThrasher

uhhh... i think you just wasted your time explainin all that.. since newbie will be back very very very soon... and he will continue hosting on his DSL as he has always been...

Remort Level: 10++
Level: who knows
Current Stuff: dumb sloth ate it then lagged out..

Twister is offline Old Post 08-18-2001 05:52 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Twister Click here to Send Twister a Private Message Click Here to Email Twister Find more posts by Twister Add Twister to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Twister
ZombieThrasher

scratch that... arg newbie wont be back til next friday... NOOOOOOOOOO... dumb DSL ppl

Remort Level: 10++
Level: who knows
Current Stuff: dumb sloth ate it then lagged out..

Twister is offline Old Post 08-18-2001 06:07 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Twister Click here to Send Twister a Private Message Click Here to Email Twister Find more posts by Twister Add Twister to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote