Profile  Register  Calendar  Memberlist  FAQ  Search Home  
Tribes RPG Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.0.3 Tribes RPG Forums > Server Forums > Binker and Newbie's RPG > Should there be a "Vote to jail" option?
Should B&N have a "vote to jail" option?
Yes, it will help keep the peace
No, it won't really do anything
View Results [Edit Poll (moderators only)]
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Chaz
GoblinRunt

Well are you doing the same thing for uberslayer? Nothing against you Uberslayer i just dont think that would be too fair if he pissed you off one day and you killed him but he couldnt fight back...

Current Remort: 2
Current Level: 60
Current Stuff: IronsMight, Dragon Shield, Full Plate.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Chaz is offline Old Post 08-17-2001 12:00 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Chaz Click here to Send Chaz a Private Message Click Here to Email Chaz Find more posts by Chaz Add Chaz to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Twister
ZombieThrasher

yes of course... cept only the attacker will be boxed up.. and i know uberslayer wont attack.. but internet i dunno about

Remort Level: 10++
Level: who knows
Current Stuff: dumb sloth ate it then lagged out..

Twister is offline Old Post 08-17-2001 12:03 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Twister Click here to Send Twister a Private Message Click Here to Email Twister Find more posts by Twister Add Twister to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Internet
MinotaurGoliath

what if you cast/hit him while he's not targeted or didn't mug/pickpocket anybody?

would that trigger it?

------------------------------------------------
Character Status

Server: Binker and Newbie's RPG
Name: Internet
Class: Ranger
RL: 22
Level: 91
Cash: 5.2 million
Storage: Enough stuff to equip an army... Also interested in buying keldrinite for good prices (I will outbid almost anyone.)
Last Updated: 10/28/01
------------------------------------------------

Internet is offline Old Post 08-17-2001 12:03 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Internet Click here to Send Internet a Private Message Find more posts by Internet Add Internet to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
VorterX
OrcRavager

yes most likely it would lol

money= 5.7mil
storage=everything
armor=all armors even karmor
loadout=tithammer ww dshield
Remortlvl= 5

BOINGY!!!

VorterX is offline Old Post 08-17-2001 02:09 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for VorterX Click here to Send VorterX a Private Message Click Here to Email VorterX Visit VorterX's homepage! Find more posts by VorterX Add VorterX to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Twister
ZombieThrasher

dur

quote:
if you do add to target list, mug, steal, pickpocket, hit or cast on uberslayer you will be boxed up and sent away for a limited time

Twister is offline Old Post 08-17-2001 02:46 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Twister Click here to Send Twister a Private Message Click Here to Email Twister Find more posts by Twister Add Twister to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DeathMerchant
UberSloth

Im more or less neutral. I once hit Internet for a few luck for Uber, and there was that incident in the UberZone, yet another time, I helped Internet attack Uberslayer in UberZone.

All in all, Im pretty much neutral, though I'll often heal and shield one or both of the combatants. Notice that Ive attacked Internet twice vrs once on Uber. However, the one time I attacked uber was a bit unfair(3 on 1, even though he had lotsa lck and a ok level), and I felt sorta bad about that.

I won't vote to jail either of them. In fact, the only time I'd ever vote to jail someone is if they are cheating, spamming, or intentionally trying to screw up the game(messing up a quest, etc). Yes Internet does PK, etc a lot. I do it myself occasionally. I joined his Mafia simply so I could have more of a challenge. :-)

On Yoshi's, the vote to jail is overused. I suggest you make it a 65% majority to jail someone.

DeathMerchant is offline Old Post 08-17-2001 04:44 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for DeathMerchant Click here to Send DeathMerchant a Private Message Click Here to Email DeathMerchant Find more posts by DeathMerchant Add DeathMerchant to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Y0SHiB0Y

It is overused, but it hardly ever passes.

Here's what I did.

Many players on different teams try hard to jail/kick each other. I made it so players can only start votes to jail/kick other players currently on the same team. Also, after the vote is started, only those on the same team as the player in question will be able to take part in the vote.

There are also automatic jailing functions for protected areas. Too much crime in a protected area, and the town might just go and do something about it.

Killing another player who is on the same team in a protected zone results in an automatic jailing. After the player is released, they are on parole and committing a few crimes right after being released, will most likely result in them going back to jail.

Future plan:

I would like to do this, but I don't know how well it will work and how effective it will be.

When a player commits too many crimes, a bot is spawned to take the player in to be jailed. If the bot reaches the player, the player goes to jail. If the player can kill the bot or disable it somehow (maybe even pay him off) or dodge it long enough, he/she will be able to avoid being jailed.

The bot spawns at the droppoint of the player's current zone. Whenever the player enters a new zone and the distance between the player and the bot is greater than a later-specified distance, the bot will transport to the player's new zone.

The bot will probably be protected from all outside damage, so the player will have to defeat the bot himself/herself.

What you could try:

Simply make a formula including the player's crime amount. For example, if the player has no recent crime record, it would take all or nearly all players to vote yes in order for him/her to be jailed. If the player's crime level is extremely high (maybe even use bounty as a factor), it would only take 20-30% to get the player jailed.

Y0SHiB0Y is offline Old Post 08-18-2001 10:44 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Y0SHiB0Y Click here to Send Y0SHiB0Y a Private Message Click Here to Email Y0SHiB0Y Visit Y0SHiB0Y's homepage! Find more posts by Y0SHiB0Y Add Y0SHiB0Y to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ungarmax3
GnollShaman

That could make the server very interesting.

Binker & Newbies RPG
Name: UngarmaX
Class: Cleric
Remort:1
Level:38

Ungarmax3 is offline Old Post 08-20-2001 05:52 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Ungarmax3 Click here to Send Ungarmax3 a Private Message Find more posts by Ungarmax3 Add Ungarmax3 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ZombieMauler

Yeah and complicated...

Newbie is offline Old Post 08-20-2001 01:13 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Newbie Click here to Send Newbie a Private Message Click Here to Email Newbie Visit Newbie's homepage! Find more posts by Newbie Add Newbie to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ungarmax3
GnollShaman

It could make it that too...

Binker & Newbies RPG
Name: UngarmaX
Class: Cleric
Remort:1
Level:38

Ungarmax3 is offline Old Post 08-20-2001 06:09 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Ungarmax3 Click here to Send Ungarmax3 a Private Message Find more posts by Ungarmax3 Add Ungarmax3 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TridentRX
TravellerPaladin

hrm.

We need a autokick for people who do repeated death, spamming(saying the same thing over and over and getting several flood warnings.) I had a problem with Overlord doing that. He kept wanting in on a quest after I kicked him out of it because he wouldn't listen to me. First I jailed him for 10 seconds then 20 then 40. eventually I got up to 320 because every time he got out he would spam. Once he hit 320, he stopped, he didnt like being in jail for that long. And he knew the next one was 640...

Put your mouse over the image to see what he was doing.

TridentRX is offline Old Post 08-20-2001 09:32 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for TridentRX Click here to Send TridentRX a Private Message Click Here to Email TridentRX Find more posts by TridentRX Add TridentRX to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DeathMerchant
UberSloth

I like the idea of a vote to jail for 5 min, 2/3rds majority, no other details.

That way, it's flexible enough to be used on anyone who really, really deserves it, but would require that the person actually did something wrong(to get that many angry ppl)

DeathMerchant is offline Old Post 08-20-2001 10:07 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for DeathMerchant Click here to Send DeathMerchant a Private Message Click Here to Email DeathMerchant Find more posts by DeathMerchant Add DeathMerchant to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Twister
ZombieThrasher

well... like it has been suggested... if a person does a number of wrongs.. auto jail...

Twister is offline Old Post 08-20-2001 10:09 PM