Profile  Register  Calendar  Memberlist  FAQ  Search Home  
Tribes RPG Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.0.3 Tribes RPG Forums > Server Forums > Binker and Newbie's RPG > Suggestions??
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Twister
ZombieThrasher

Suggestions??

well after i get done with some admin commands such as player control system ect... what else would yall like to see... im runnin outta ideas on things... what should be next such as improvements?? fixes?? or something just plain new?

Remort Level: 10++
Level: who knows
Current Stuff: dumb sloth ate it then lagged out..

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Twister is offline Old Post 08-27-2001 01:35 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Twister Click here to Send Twister a Private Message Click Here to Email Twister Find more posts by Twister Add Twister to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Kakarotto
OgreDreadnought

Can u make an "Ultima Weapon" that only remort lvl 10s can use? It would be a slashing weapon but would require 500 Slashing, Piercing, and Bludgeoning. And its super powerfull! And u could give it a brand new model too! I am guessing that would be too hard but oh well...

Kakarotto is offline Old Post 08-27-2001 02:03 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Kakarotto Click here to Send Kakarotto a Private Message Click Here to Email Kakarotto Find more posts by Kakarotto Add Kakarotto to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Twister
ZombieThrasher

of course i could do stuff like that. and ill talk to newbie about its... but a weapon?? thinking to small ppl!!!!

Twister is offline Old Post 08-27-2001 02:20 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Twister Click here to Send Twister a Private Message Click Here to Email Twister Find more posts by Twister Add Twister to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Kakarotto
OgreDreadnought

Wow really, if u can do that i have a whole bunch of other ideas!

Kakarotto is offline Old Post 08-27-2001 02:23 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Kakarotto Click here to Send Kakarotto a Private Message Click Here to Email Kakarotto Find more posts by Kakarotto Add Kakarotto to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Twister
ZombieThrasher

yea i can do the weapon.. but as for making the model for it.. then everyone else would have to dl the model just to connect witch isnt such a great idea... besides i dont have 3dmax to do stuff like that =/

Twister is offline Old Post 08-27-2001 02:25 AM
Mog
TravellerPaladin

make some sort of a wall to stop them damn newbies from begging to be bashed into uber. the next one who asks is gonna die.

[img]http://www.flagline.com/images/us-flag-flying.jpg[/img]
And God bless America!

Mog is offline Old Post 08-27-2001 02:25 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Mog Click here to Send Mog a Private Message Click Here to Email Mog Find more posts by Mog Add Mog to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Twister
ZombieThrasher

simple enough... how about just block off the entrance so they cant get in there and taking those dumb rocks out =p..

Twister is offline Old Post 08-27-2001 02:27 AM
Kakarotto
OgreDreadnought

Make an NPC in like a house in the middle of nowhere and have him sell everything u can BUY in the game. But u have to be like remort lvl 3 or something or else he wont talk to u

Kakarotto is offline Old Post 08-27-2001 02:31 AM
tsu
OgreRuffian

spell weapons
it shoots out flashy colorful spells while hitting it with the weapon like element swords
fire sword
water dagger
thunder hammer

or a weapon that doubles its attack after hitting something

or a spell that duplicates your body into 4 bodys but hp turns to 1/4 in each duplicate and starts killing something with its strongest weapon

or a sea monsters in the rivers

tsu is offline Old Post 08-27-2001 02:38 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for tsu Click here to Send tsu a Private Message Find more posts by tsu Add tsu to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Uberslayer
GnollShaman

they're called boats

1. a Dragon 2. flying ubers 3.ropes 4.tporter for non remorts to uber zone 2 mil entry fee spawn point middle of gohort room.(should offset the annoyance w/ amusement factor better loot)
5. Larger storage. 6. a wishing well (throw in coins % chance for granting...sp,xp, $,lck, etc. 10% of wishes that would be granted backfire....lose lck etc.)
6.a way to post notes to each other. ok end of my ideas.

Uberslayer is offline Old Post 08-27-2001 03:12 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Uberslayer Click here to Send Uberslayer a Private Message Find more posts by Uberslayer Add Uberslayer to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tsu
OgreRuffian

since there are badges and boots and shields, there should be gloves and helmets as well

gloves of mining - faster mining
gloves of speed - increase weapon speed

helmet of mages - faster mana recover
helmet of knowledge - faster skill learning

tsu is offline Old Post 08-27-2001 03:45 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for tsu Click here to Send tsu a Private Message Find more posts by tsu Add tsu to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Kakarotto
OgreDreadnought

All these are great ides, except for Tzu's "player x 4" idea...

Kakarotto is offline Old Post 08-27-2001 03:58 AM
Barefaced Storm
GoblinThief

I also have some input. I think that there should be weapon upgrades. Where you can goto Fort E and buy some attack for your weapon or some attributes like fire damage and cold damage added to your weapons. If thats not hard?

[url=www.tribal.htmlplanet.com]My Bran New Sitel[/url]

[url=http://www.ushapki.com]Click here this is where I take HAPKIDO[/url]

Barefaced Storm is offline Old Post 08-27-2001 04:01 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Barefaced Storm Click here to Send Barefaced Storm a Private Message Click Here to Email Barefaced Storm Visit Barefaced Storm's homepage! Find more posts by Barefaced Storm Add Barefaced Storm to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Twister
ZombieThrasher

im watching just keep it going...

Twister is offline Old Post 08-27-2001 05:23 AM
Uberslayer
GnollShaman

More

1. Teleporters
a. Bot : pay $ sends you to your choice of destinations.
b. personal : equipable item : buyable (oneshot) :normal trans
Smithable: needs be fed E stones to work can be programmed to return to where you are (sets xyz to current for later use.(will be blatantly abused at sc i know)
c. 2 node portable send return (How handy for quests "any one wants to play just walk into the tporter")
2. Vampire sword:gives weilder 1/10th the hp and lck taken from opponents. 1/10 Damage from sword can not be healed/ regen for 24 hrs

Uberslayer is offline Old Post 08-27-2001 09:37 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Uberslayer Click here to Send Uberslayer a Private Message Find more posts by Uberslayer Add Uberslayer to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Mog
TravellerPaladin

quote:
Originally posted by Alia
Also.. possibly make the armors elemental as well? i dunno...
fire armor would defend against fire-spells... would SUCKASS against ice..
ice armor against ice spells... sucks against fire..

ooh, and make some robe with 1000 MDEF that u can only use if your energy is maxed, lvl 60 and above.

oh, and make a Jaten Pike or something... we got a Keldrinite LS...
someone made a Sword of Ethren... Jaten needs to represent.

oh, and about delkin... pshh it doesnt need a weapon, theres like no reason to brag about going to delkin (nothing worth buying that u cant get elsewhere, excepting breath orbs...)

1. Fire armor would be good against ice, nullifying ices affect because its fire-imbued.. etc. for ice armor.
2.Why? Phens robe and Heavenly shield give 1300 mdef. i dont see the point cuz gohorts are still gonna rock mages to hell..
3. There is no such thing as Jatenite. 'nuff said.
4. Why does this place even exist? Lumi Orbs dont put off enough light in the crypt to do any good. Its also possible to get through the well with 300 hp and teleport.

As for the "badge" idea. If you need a badge for a skill, you shouldnt be messing with it. Theres a reason the multipliers suck.

Tsu's Miner's glove idea: Ive already made the speedpick.
"Helmet of Knowledge": as i stated before, if you need to augment your skills with something that boosts its multiplier you shouldnt be messing with it. THERE IS A REASON FIGHTERS ARENT SUPPOSED TO CAST MAGIC. THERE IS A REASON MAGES SUCK AT MELEE FIGHTING.

Uberslayer's E-stone teleport idea: Just make it fail every time it tries to go to the sc.
Uberslayer's Uber Non-remort teleport idea: There is a reason those rocks are there. theres a reason the teleporter is RL 1 + 500 coins. Yes watching n00bs be slaughtered by the gohort would be fun and all, but the point is they arent supposed to be there.

UltimateWeapon idea: yes, lets give fighters even MORE power.. mages dont do well with slashing till RL 10, and im the highest mage right now. Let alone bludge..

And God bless America!

Mog is offline Old Post 08-27-2001 02:20 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Mog Click here to Send Mog a Private Message Click Here to Email Mog Find more posts by Mog Add Mog to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TridentRX
TravellerPaladin

Twister

I have a good idea. When a weapon is not equiped have it sheathed. meaning, if a claymore is not equiped you can see in slanted on his back. A knife in his belt a sheild also on his back and a dagger in the players belt on the front. Those types of things. That way you know if your opponet has a broadsword not equiped. It would be kool also to modify the mugging system to take the weapon in the crosshairs, no more going into inventory. Also I want a cool tradeing system where both players put up the items they are trading before the trading is done. Now those are difficult coding jobs for you.

I currently am fixing the fighting system to make it less laggy. So you won't need to touch that. As far as admin commands can you pm me the current ones you have made so I don't work on the same things...

TridentRX is offline Old Post 08-27-2001 02:41 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for TridentRX Click here to Send TridentRX a Private Message Click Here to Email TridentRX Find more posts by TridentRX Add TridentRX to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Barefaced Storm
GoblinThief

READ NOW!!!!!!!!!!!

quote:
Originally posted by Twister
yea i can do the weapon.. but as for making the model for it.. then everyone else would have to dl the model just to connect witch isnt such a great idea... besides i dont have 3dmax to do stuff like that =/

It wouldn't be hard to make a new model for every character. And as far as everybody downloading it just put a request to have it in the patch, so everybody wouldnt have to download it at different times. If you dont have any programs that make model you can download some. I have made a couple of things in my spare time take a look. I know its not a skin of a guy but its cool I made it in MS Paint.

Attachment: aaa.gif
This has been downloaded 12 time(s).

Barefaced Storm is offline Old Post 08-27-2001 03:19 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Barefaced Storm Click here to Send Barefaced Storm a Private Message Click Here to Email Barefaced Storm Visit Barefaced Storm's homepage! Find more posts by Barefaced Storm Add Barefaced Storm to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Mog
TravellerPaladin

quote:

but archery is hard(never use is half the time anyway..)

ice would melt from the fire...

And about the MDEF, Not everyone has a heavenly shield...
So, its not really fair when all you got is either alot of DEF or a ****ty robe and dragon shield...

Duh, if you dont use it its not gonna get any easier.

Of course it would, any ice attacks directed towards you, the fire-elemental-embued armor would melt it. Likewise, wearing Ice-elemental-embued armor would defend against fire attack by cooling the air around you and keeping you from being scorched.

Dont even start complaining about sh*tty robes, ****ing fighter.
1. Fighters make more money faster than mages (FACT)
2. Fighters get endurances and subsequently hp, fast than mages, and more of it (FACT)
3. Gohorts arent exactly smart, their ai sucks.
4. Why the hell do you want to use a robe anyway? Less armor, less hp, and mdef hardly does crap.
5. If you got a lot of DEF and not alot of MDEF, and you trying to fight mage bots.. thats your problem.
6. Fighters are supposed to use Armors, Mages are supposed to use Robes, if any robe was created, make it be mage only.
7. Go take your hp and play with the sloths.

And God bless America!

Mog is offline Old Post 08-27-2001 04:40 PM
Twister
ZombieThrasher

this isnt exactly what i had in mind... making new weapons and stuff is ez shiznits... think of somethin new or not done before that ppl all over would like.. not just a upgrade to certain classes or weapons... like the new super cool remort effects ive coded it doesnt enhance ppl or there stats, it improves the game quality a bit for everyone.....

Twister is offline Old Post 08-27-2001 07:58 PM
Mog
TravellerPaladin

quote:

(start up a new char as a fighter, its not all a walk in the park...)

[/B]

Bullsh*t. Ive played a fighter. Off casting doesnt start doing damage till firebomb, while fighters just sit there, beat the crap outta runts, gain endurance while killing and level up at least 4 times faster.

And God bless America!

Mog is offline Old Post 08-27-2001 09:09 PM
GOD
GoblinThief

Need a GodHammer on B&N RPG Server, must be minimum remort 10 to use with hp regain and mana regain.....yeah!

Class: CrusaderXII
Remort: 12
Level: 133
Server: B&N Rpg

GOD is offline Old Post 08-27-2001 09:12 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for GOD Click here to Send GOD a Private Message Click Here to Email GOD Visit GOD's homepage! Find more posts by GOD Add GOD to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Twister
ZombieThrasher

ahhhh... WE CAN DO SO MUCH MORE THAN JUST LIL WEAPONS!!!!! Think ppl think!

Twister is offline Old Post 08-28-2001 12:27 AM
TridentRX
TravellerPaladin

check my post.... up there!

TridentRX is offline Old Post 08-28-2001 01:26 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for TridentRX Click here to Send TridentRX a Private Message Click Here to Email TridentRX Find more posts by TridentRX Add TridentRX to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tsu
OgreRuffian

instead of stealing just coins
#steal hp
to steal hp =-o
#steal mana
to steal mana =-o
#steal coin
to steal coins =-o

make a town under the floating den make it in a triangle like jamestown ;o

ooooh cannons 8]

tsu is offline Old Post 08-28-2001 01:47 AM
Chaz
GoblinRunt

2 words... CODE BEER!

code the damn boats to move faster...

put some water monsters in the well or somethin...

I still like the bot you can train steal on....

ooh and something like the remort only town execept add on to the map and put a whole bunch of open space between the new piece and the old place then make a Tp to it for remort lvl 3+ only and put uber and some other stuff there thus eliminating the newbies wanting to get bashed into uber...

ooh make somethin like cataults and balistas so we can have quests where you seige a castle or somethin...

Current Remort: 2
Current Level: 60
Current Stuff: IronsMight, Dragon Shield, Full Plate.

Chaz is offline Old Post 08-28-2001 01:47 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Chaz Click here to Send Chaz a Private Message Click Here to Email Chaz Find more posts by Chaz Add Chaz to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Twister
ZombieThrasher

Remort only town... hmmmm... interesting.... ill see if it could be done in a few days... have a jv game tommorow and wont have time..... Maybe mog can create some cool buildings for it since he now has rpg textures =)

Twister is offline Old Post 08-28-2001 02:36 AM
Kakarotto
OgreDreadnought

In the Remort Town that should be where Remorts spawn when they die. And it should have everything that k-town has, only the merchants can sell a variaty of things. And it should have TPs to every town or dungeon (cost money of course). And it should be located in the k-town shadow thingy next to Uber zone. Hope u like my idea's.

Kakarotto is offline Old Post 08-28-2001 02:45 AM
Barefaced Storm
GoblinThief

Ok think of this a brand new race, a whole new area, a whole new experience! Contact me with AIM for further details. AND DON'T THINK THAT THIS IS JUST GOING TO BE A NEW AREA FOR YOU GUYS TO RUN THROUGH IT REAL FAST IT WILL TAKE AWHILE TO CAPTURE!!
If you dont have AIM e-mail me at italianmafia00@yahoo.com

Barefaced Storm is offline Old Post 08-28-2001 03:34 AM
Kendwaho
GoblinThief

make it so if someone uses steal or the like in a town and fail they instantly lose town protection and can be attacked by victim without targeting, or if they fail, auto jail for 5 minutes.
i also like the idea of water monsters in rivers, and dragons roaming the skies.

Proud member of F.B.I. Retired (til needed)

Kendwaho is offline Old Post 08-28-2001 06:51 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Kendwaho Click here to Send Kendwaho a Private Message Click Here to Email Kendwaho Find more posts by Kendwaho Add Kendwaho to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote