Profile  Register  Calendar  Memberlist  FAQ  Search Home  
Tribes RPG Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.0.3 Tribes RPG Forums > Server Forums > Binker and Newbie's RPG > we owe thanks to apache
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post New Thread    Post A Reply
TridentRX
TravellerPaladin

we owe thanks to apache

Instead of swearing our heads off lets give thanks to apache for running the server in the first place!

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

TridentRX is offline Old Post 08-22-2001 11:10 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for TridentRX Click here to Send TridentRX a Private Message Click Here to Email TridentRX Find more posts by TridentRX Add TridentRX to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Postal_Service
UndeadSkeleton

Yeah Thanks apache

Dispite the problems, you have done a good job keepin it runnin!

Postal_Service is offline Old Post 08-22-2001 11:37 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Postal_Service Click here to Send Postal_Service a Private Message Click Here to Email Postal_Service Find more posts by Postal_Service Add Postal_Service to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Apache

:)

Your most welcome guys.. I have tried to keep it going...
oops and you to Rowan... There's more to running a server than you would think. Newbie must have nerves of steel.

Apache

Apache is online now Old Post 08-23-2001 12:53 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Apache Click here to Send Apache a Private Message Click Here to Email Apache Find more posts by Apache Add Apache to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Apache

Question TridentRX

Every time the server crashs I see the errors that objects can't be found.. Have any ideas what up with that? I see that alot when the pl startsalso. Wierd eh!

Apache

Apache is online now Old Post 08-23-2001 12:57 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Apache Click here to Send Apache a Private Message Click Here to Email Apache Find more posts by Apache Add Apache to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Twister
ZombieThrasher

question me 2.. i added all the old stuff back in that you see in newbies rpg.. but i dunno it depends whats happening at the time and what the clients are doin =/...

but apache whats your icq.. i wanna get my vol so i can put my new stuff ive been workin on into it... my icq is in my profile..

edit: nm found it in your profile

Remort Level: 10++
Level: who knows
Current Stuff: dumb sloth ate it then lagged out..

Twister is offline Old Post 08-23-2001 02:42 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Twister Click here to Send Twister a Private Message Click Here to Email Twister Find more posts by Twister Add Twister to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ungarmax3
GnollShaman

Lets thank Apache for keping up the server recenlty but lets not forget Newbie who kept the server up for a long time before that!!

Binker & Newbies RPG
Name: UngarmaX
Class: Cleric
Remort:1
Level:38

Ungarmax3 is offline Old Post 08-23-2001 03:44 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Ungarmax3 Click here to Send Ungarmax3 a Private Message Find more posts by Ungarmax3 Add Ungarmax3 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Uberslayer
GnollShaman

8 remorts w/ Apache running server

So no doubt thanx !!
Question is Titan on same server / equipment ?
I f so perhaps streamlined casting bots as on B&N would lessen the load.
Truly am no expert...hunch at best since I play both (similarity in duration on both )(direct consequence w/ casting bot activity on TiTans noted) Wondered if there was some cosequential effect and don't know.(2 cents)

Uberslayer is offline Old Post 08-23-2001 08:34 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Uberslayer Click here to Send Uberslayer a Private Message Find more posts by Uberslayer Add Uberslayer to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ZombieMauler

regardless i'd like to streamline the casting bots...

Newbie is offline Old Post 08-24-2001 04:25 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Newbie Click here to Send Newbie a Private Message Click Here to Email Newbie Visit Newbie's homepage! Find more posts by Newbie Add Newbie to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Zelgadis
MinotaurReaper

hey newbie, ive redone magebot code for MR, but im not entirely sure if it has reduced lag or left it the same, ill icq you it if youd like, but i will be gone till monday.

mrtrpg.cjb.net - homepage for the Mythical Realms mod of TRPG

Zelgadis is offline Old Post 08-24-2001 04:56 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Zelgadis Click here to Send Zelgadis a Private Message Click Here to Email Zelgadis Visit Zelgadis's homepage! Find more posts by Zelgadis Add Zelgadis to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TridentRX
TravellerPaladin

Yes.

I can definitely get the casting bots optimized.. I'm good at opimizing and increasing the length of it.

TridentRX is offline Old Post 08-24-2001 05:06 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for TridentRX Click here to Send TridentRX a Private Message Click Here to Email TridentRX Find more posts by TridentRX Add TridentRX to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Barefaced Storm
GoblinThief

[COLOR=royalblue] Ya I'm sorry bout giving you truoble about the server. And I'm not making any type of TRPG clans, after i thought about it seemed dumb. I mean you have admins that pretty much all you need. Might i say though that you could use some more admins or have the ones that you already have to play more often we newbies often look for advice.

[url=www.tribal.htmlplanet.com]My Bran New Sitel[/url]

[url=http://www.ushapki.com]Click here this is where I take HAPKIDO[/url]

Barefaced Storm is offline Old Post 08-24-2001 05:24 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Barefaced Storm Click here to Send Barefaced Storm a Private Message Click Here to Email Barefaced Storm Visit Barefaced Storm's homepage! Find more posts by Barefaced Storm Add Barefaced Storm to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Twister
ZombieThrasher

dunno you could optimize a "casting" bot to a noticeble difference... JI has it pretty much covered and looks good to me.. you could rewrite the spell code and stuff to be a lil simpler.. but dunno still if that would show a noticeable difference.. could take out portions of the bot code, but that would make all the bots just dumber... only way i see to get some results is to figure out some way to get either casting blade to not swing until spell is recovered completly witch may be possible would hafta try... or up the casting blades fire time so its less frequent...

Twister is offline Old Post 08-24-2001 07:11 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Twister Click here to Send Twister a Private Message Click Here to Email Twister Find more posts by Twister Add Twister to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GOD
GoblinThief

Yea, thanks for running the server while Newbie gets through the mess.

Class: CrusaderXII
Remort: 12
Level: 133
Server: B&N Rpg

GOD is offline Old Post 08-24-2001 08:02 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for GOD Click here to Send GOD a Private Message Click Here to Email GOD Visit GOD's homepage! Find more posts by GOD Add GOD to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
VorterX
OrcRavager

ya i give thx.... hey god dont jus join and mimic stuff i got thrown out of server 6 times cus of it

money= 5.7mil
storage=everything
armor=all armors even karmor
loadout=tithammer ww dshield
Remortlvl= 5

BOINGY!!!

VorterX is offline Old Post 08-24-2001 08:05 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for VorterX Click here to Send VorterX a Private Message Click Here to Email VorterX Visit VorterX's homepage! Find more posts by VorterX Add VorterX to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GOD
GoblinThief

same thing happened to me, i can get in the server but a second later i time out, Apache!!!!!!

Class: CrusaderXII
Remort: 12
Level: 133
Server: B&N Rpg

GOD is offline Old Post 08-24-2001 08:16 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for GOD Click here to Send GOD a Private Message Click Here to Email GOD Visit GOD's homepage! Find more posts by GOD Add GOD to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Uberslayer
GnollShaman

Ok another 2 cents

Overheard that casting blade goes through a bunch of calculations then wether or not caster is recovered from last spell...maybe switch to do calculations only if/when recovered.

Uberslayer is offline Old Post 08-24-2001 08:19 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Uberslayer Click here to Send Uberslayer a Private Message Find more posts by Uberslayer Add Uberslayer to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Twister
ZombieThrasher

DM said that long ago.. but he was mistaken

Twister is offline Old Post 08-24-2001 08:56 PM