Profile  Register  Calendar  Memberlist  FAQ  Search Home  
Tribes RPG Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.0.3 Tribes RPG Forums > Server Forums > Binker and Newbie's RPG > Server STUFF! Please READ!
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Girly
GoblinRunt

GREAT JOB!! THANK YOU TRIDENT!!!

oh and MOG thanks for all your help...
when i first started playing

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Girly is offline Old Post 09-08-2001 05:34 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Girly Click here to Send Girly a Private Message Find more posts by Girly Add Girly to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Internet
MinotaurGoliath

here's a big flaw... lol

what if I make a level 124 klepto and mug the crap out of everybody? you can't fight back!!! muhahahaaha!

------------------------------------------------
Character Status

Server: Binker and Newbie's RPG
Name: Internet
Class: Ranger
RL: 22
Level: 91
Cash: 5.2 million
Storage: Enough stuff to equip an army... Also interested in buying keldrinite for good prices (I will outbid almost anyone.)
Last Updated: 10/28/01
------------------------------------------------

Internet is offline Old Post 09-08-2001 05:47 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Internet Click here to Send Internet a Private Message Find more posts by Internet Add Internet to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Uberslayer
GnollShaman

Small thought

Bounty: Higher bounty higher range for targetting. Say 1k bounty adds 1 level of range that can target you. Does not work in reverse. That'll slow down the bein proud of high bounties.... Maybe if targetted able to attack(w/ bounty adjuster)but not able to initiate attack.
If it werks 4 U.

Uberslayer is offline Old Post 09-08-2001 06:04 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Uberslayer Click here to Send Uberslayer a Private Message Find more posts by Uberslayer Add Uberslayer to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bladerunner
MinotaurReaper

Now seen as how I have listed the sucky things about this pk rule I will list the good things..

1) I don't have to worry about being killed when I remort

2) I don't have to be scared of big men in black coats with russian tanks anymore. :P

3) Eh.. There is no 3 but 2 the 2nd is good enough.

And eh Twister take just a wee bit of consideration please. I may not see the other end of some things but you aren't seeing the other end of my things. But if newbie and binkers enjoy this I'm all for it. for a couple of reasons.
1 is that FOAD shut down NQ because people always whined about being pkd. So now maybe they won't get tired of the server and just pull the plug like FOAD did. Alright I'm done fighting about this it's newbies server he can do what he wants. But cut my a little slack guys jeaz. I swear if you guys are more stubborn than bulls if someone sais somthing against your idea.

bladerunner is offline Old Post 09-08-2001 06:30 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for bladerunner Click here to Send bladerunner a Private Message Click Here to Email bladerunner Visit bladerunner's homepage! Find more posts by bladerunner Add bladerunner to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Kakarotto
OgreDreadnought

How about you can hurt ppl but u cant kill or draw LCK from them? I just want to be able to train without going all the way to Ethren and and spending money to join a house... Hope u will consider my idea...

Kakarotto is offline Old Post 09-08-2001 08:56 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Kakarotto Click here to Send Kakarotto a Private Message Click Here to Email Kakarotto Find more posts by Kakarotto Add Kakarotto to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Chaz
GoblinRunt

awwwww so we cant bash low levels across the map even if they want to?

Why not change it to where if both people have eachother on their target list then they can fight no matter what thier lvl?

Current Remort: 2
Current Level: 60
Current Stuff: IronsMight, Dragon Shield, Full Plate.

Chaz is offline Old Post 09-08-2001 09:43 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Chaz Click here to Send Chaz a Private Message Click Here to Email Chaz Find more posts by Chaz Add Chaz to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DeathMerchant
UberSloth

Y'know, thats a really good idea, chaz...

It would solve most problems (well, except for mugging) without completely ruining the point of the protection.

Seriously, if you get PKed incessantly every time you remort, you've got a simple problem...you made too many enemies. I never really minded getting PKed... People whine about it like its the end of the earth... Realistically, what does it hurt you? You lose one LCK? (yes, if you die often, set it to death) You still can go get your gear back, or have someone do it for you. I personally think that mugging has much more potential for abuse... Perhaps I should max stealing this remort and prove this theory.....I know I miss the one Ironsmight I had mugged off me that the various LCK I've lost to being PKed....

DeathMerchant is offline Old Post 09-08-2001 10:03 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for DeathMerchant Click here to Send DeathMerchant a Private Message Click Here to Email DeathMerchant Find more posts by DeathMerchant Add DeathMerchant to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Toaster
Master of Toast

Looking at this system, I've decided one thing.

I'm quitting B&N.

Bye!

Toaster

Read The Newbie Guide!

Toaster is offline Old Post 09-08-2001 10:34 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Toaster Click here to Send Toaster a Private Message Click Here to Email Toaster Visit Toaster's homepage! Find more posts by Toaster Add Toaster to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Kakarotto
OgreDreadnought

BURN!

Kakarotto is offline Old Post 09-08-2001 10:54 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Kakarotto Click here to Send Kakarotto a Private Message Click Here to Email Kakarotto Find more posts by Kakarotto Add Kakarotto to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Toaster
Master of Toast

Who says I always play with the name Toaster?

Toaster

Read The Newbie Guide!

Toaster is offline Old Post 09-08-2001 11:26 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Toaster Click here to Send Toaster a Private Message Click Here to Email Toaster Visit Toaster's homepage! Find more posts by Toaster Add Toaster to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DeathMerchant
UberSloth

quote:
Originally posted by Alia
like your ever on anyway toaster...

I know his names... trust me, he plays.

Come back, Toasty!

DeathMerchant is offline Old Post 09-08-2001 11:35 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for DeathMerchant Click here to Send DeathMerchant a Private Message Click Here to Email DeathMerchant Find more posts by DeathMerchant Add DeathMerchant to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bladerunner
MinotaurReaper

Toasty I completely see why you quit. Stupid pussys *****ing about being pked.. Oh well I'm rl3. I'm not starting somewhere else again.

bladerunner is offline Old Post 09-08-2001 11:54 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for bladerunner Click here to Send bladerunner a Private Message Click Here to Email bladerunner Visit bladerunner's homepage! Find more posts by bladerunner Add bladerunner to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DeathMerchant
UberSloth

Perhaps a vote?

DeathMerchant is offline Old Post 09-09-2001 12:58 AM
Toaster
Master of Toast

I think I might start a char to exploit the loopholes in the system...

EDIT:

quote:
Originally posted by Chaz
awwwww so we cant bash low levels across the map even if they want to?

Why not change it to where if both people have eachother on their target list then they can fight no matter what thier lvl?

There is no reason this shouldn't be in there.

Toaster

Read The Newbie Guide!

Toaster is offline Old Post 09-09-2001 02:15 AM
DeathMerchant
UberSloth

If I exploited all the loopholes I've found, I'd be a billionare God, level 100000 or something insane....

I'll tip you off. :-)

DeathMerchant is offline Old Post 09-09-2001 02:24 AM
Toaster
Master of Toast

TRPG loopholes are to be reported.

One server's crappy anti pk code is there to be exploited.

I found a bug, too. On that pre-spawn screen, if you tab out, you can't get back in and have to reconnect.

Toaster

Read The Newbie Guide!

Toaster is offline Old Post 09-09-2001 08:17 AM
Uberslayer
GnollShaman

Possible solution to complaints

If a building/ zone is created where pk is un restricted then those that mutually agree can go and do that there. ie. training duels etc. Making the building near impossible to shove someone into precludes non mutual involvement. Joining a house seems permanent target/ oblidged to pk for ranl points sort of thing, but then I never liked houses much.
My 2 cents.

Uberslayer is offline Old Post 09-09-2001 05:37 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Uberslayer Click here to Send Uberslayer a Private Message Find more posts by Uberslayer Add Uberslayer to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Kakarotto
OgreDreadnought

I like Uberslayer and Chaz's idea's

Kakarotto is offline Old Post 09-09-2001 05:39 PM
TridentRX
TravellerPaladin

quote:
Originally posted by Internet
here's a big flaw... lol

what if I make a level 124 klepto and mug the crap out of everybody? you can't fight back!!! muhahahaaha!

And how is a lvl 10 guy going to fight a lvl 124 anyway?

TridentRX is offline Old Post 09-10-2001 08:47 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for TridentRX Click here to Send TridentRX a Private Message Click Here to Email TridentRX Find more posts by TridentRX Add TridentRX to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TridentRX
TravellerPaladin

quote:
Originally posted by Toaster
TRPG loopholes are to be reported.

One server's crappy anti pk code is there to be exploited.

I found a bug, too. On that pre-spawn screen, if you tab out, you can't get back in and have to reconnect.

I really didnt want to put it in but unfortuantly it was causing alot of stress for the server owners and moderators.

WHAAAA! PK! TRIDENT CAN YOU GIVE ME MY STUFF BACK.

Trident_rx: No, Pking is part of the game.

WAHHH!
etc...

This is a temporary system. Sorry we had to do this to all of you. The system is going to be changed soon to a more advanced system. I have a few options.
Ideas.
Pk system only in affect for NON remorts. Meaning once you remort you are completely open. This gives a chance for newbies to learn the ropes. A remorted person cannot hit a non remorted unless within 10 lvls etc.

OR we can have the range of lvls of pking based on the lowest remort of the two involved.

Also a double targetlist will be put in. That was a good idea. If you both target each other you can hurt each other.

Also you cant stop a theif in town cuz you cant hurt them anyway the previous system was abused in the same way you can abuse this one.

To stop yourself from being stolen from basicly train your Stealing.

Post your ideas on the new system, if we like it we might change it to that. I'd rather not have the system and have a relaxed server unfortunatly I learned we cant do both. If you do prove to me that you can be fair to the lower lvls then the system will be removed entirely.

Toaster: I noticed that bug. Thanks for pointing it out. It will be fixed with the changes to the PK system.

Note: If you ever tab out of that log off and log back in.
If you can give me a better solution go ahead.

TridentRX is offline Old Post 09-10-2001 08:55 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for TridentRX Click here to Send TridentRX a Private Message Click Here to Email TridentRX Find more posts by TridentRX Add TridentRX to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bladerunner
MinotaurReaper

Mhh can you wait like.. a day before changing it? I need to get strong everyone is psised at me.. For "mugging" (though I have .4 steal)

bladerunner is offline Old Post 09-10-2001 09:43 PM
NEHR
OrcSlayer

A small idea, why not put the power in the players hands, use tribes current voting system to impose pk limits on specific abusers.

ie player1 is on a pk spree, player being pk'd institutes a vote to put restrictions on said player.

restrictions are there until server votes to release them from restrictions.

FAHR

Server:Binkers and Newbies
Class:CLERIC - POPE IX
Remort:9
Level:129
Cash:Now Broke (crack addict)
Storage:Only What I need
last updated:10/05/01

NEHR is offline Old Post 09-11-2001 02:51 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for NEHR Click here to Send NEHR a Private Message Click Here to Email NEHR Visit NEHR's homepage! Find more posts by NEHR Add NEHR to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TridentRX
TravellerPaladin

because i dont feel like writing 500 lines of code
The current one is just 10 lines. Its amazing how much 10 lines can do. Yes the system will change. But putting that system in would require adding a variable to the client and saving a new var. If you want that system in you can code it yourself.

TridentRX is offline Old Post 09-11-2001 04:20 AM