Profile  Register  Calendar  Memberlist  FAQ  Search Home  
Tribes RPG Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.0.3 Tribes RPG Forums > Server Forums > Binker and Newbie's RPG > Please Vote
Is admin PKing Admin Abuse?
Yesit is Abuse
No it isn't Abuse
View Results [Edit Poll (moderators only)]
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Death Matrix
GoblinRaider

Please Vote

Okay, I understand that Pking while a player is AFK is a free kill. However, I thought that as an admin even if the player is afk they still shouldn't be able to pk someone. I would think that would fall under the guidelines of admin abuse.

GOD BLESS AMERICA!!!!!

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Death Matrix is offline Old Post 09-21-2001 03:28 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Death Matrix Click here to Send Death Matrix a Private Message Click Here to Email Death Matrix Find more posts by Death Matrix Add Death Matrix to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ungarmax3
GnollShaman

if an admin wants to kill/boot you and has a good reason, such as freeing up bandwidth or something then its valid. So stop your bithing, and play the game.

Binker & Newbies RPG
Name: UngarmaX
Class: Cleric
Remort:1
Level:38

Ungarmax3 is offline Old Post 09-21-2001 06:03 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Ungarmax3 Click here to Send Ungarmax3 a Private Message Find more posts by Ungarmax3 Add Ungarmax3 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Banthur
GoblinRunt

I think an admin should Boot you, but Pk you? I mean come on, is that really an appropriate thing for an Admin to do?

Banthur is offline Old Post 09-21-2001 06:19 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Banthur Click here to Send Banthur a Private Message Click Here to Email Banthur Find more posts by Banthur Add Banthur to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Toaster
Master of Toast

REALLY fine line between what is ok and what is abuse. If you're AFK and there's a stated rule that that's bad, it's ok. If you're disrupting a quest or something, it's ok. If you PKed his non admin char and he PKes you with his admin char for revenge, that's not ok.

If the server owner does it, it's ok. NOTHING the server owner does is abuse.

Toaster

Read The Newbie Guide!

Toaster is offline Old Post 09-21-2001 06:24 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Toaster Click here to Send Toaster a Private Message Click Here to Email Toaster Visit Toaster's homepage! Find more posts by Toaster Add Toaster to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Apache

PKed

Dang Matrix have a cow why don't you.... I was not admin when "I" pked you while afk... Might I add my 1st one... :P If your going to play, put away those stupid scripts that play for you. Play while your online at the keyboard and you'll not have to worry about being pked afk. It was well with in the guidelines of the new pk system...

Apache

Apache is online now Old Post 09-21-2001 07:34 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Apache Click here to Send Apache a Private Message Click Here to Email Apache Find more posts by Apache Add Apache to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Mog
TravellerPaladin

Re: Please Vote

quote:
Originally posted by Death Matrix
Okay, I understand that Pking while a player is AFK is a free kill. However, I thought that as an admin even if the player is afk they still shouldn't be able to pk someone. I would think that would fall under the guidelines of admin abuse.

When you THOUGHT, you went beyond the rules.

Admins are players too. AFKers take up bandwith, space for more players, ect. If i can discourage people from afking, its good, free up space for other people to get on, or free up bandwidth for Newbie. I wouldve done it with MTM, but the non-afkers were probably having me do something.

quote:
Well, technically, admins are players too... so they can Pk/boot you to free up bandwidth/space in the server

Yep. We are players too. If it werent for us, some of you wouldve left this game by now.

quote:
If you're AFK and there's a stated rule that that's bad, it's ok.

Trident_Rx said that all afkers were free to be killed, by anyone.

quote:
If your going to play, put away those stupid scripts that play for you. Play while your online at the keyboard and you'll not have to worry about being pked afk. It was well with in the guidelines of the new pk system...

True. If you must train, small talk proves your not afk, and i usually ask people if they are alive when i do afk checks.

Im not being totally unfair. It was within the rules. I do believe my brother stated it best "Shove it up ya ass, all up in ya ass."

[img]http://www.flagline.com/images/us-flag-flying.jpg[/img]
And God bless America!

Mog is offline Old Post 09-21-2001 09:00 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Mog Click here to Send Mog a Private Message Click Here to Email Mog Find more posts by Mog Add Mog to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TridentRX
TravellerPaladin

Trident_Rx said that all afkers were free to be killed, by anyone.

Let me elaberate. When I said that I was speaking to the players. Sure it is allowed for an admin to pk someone my method is to jail them or annouce there afkness and let the other players handle it if they so will.

Dont worry if you have to go to the bathroom etc. you have plenty of time to hop off your computer go the bathroom and come back. In that period of time you will probably not be identified as afk and if someone does you will be back at the keyboard before anyone can get to you. When you are afk just stay out of the main areas of travel. If you are blocking a path people wont be happy and just kill you or rob you of all your things.

In my days of playing before adminship on PsY2k Yoshi's revenge or PsY2k Midgard (same server by the way). I never used any training scripts even though I was quite capable of doing it. If I see you afking and using a training script I will probably choose the jail option where you cannot train anything exept WC and Speech. After I became admin I found retreat places like FOAD and TOADs server and Ji and Pogs.

As far as Pking I dont usually do it unless it is part of a quest that people die or kicking and jailing them isnt enough for them. I reserve banning for people that hack\joke increadbly inappropriatly(WTC stuff) or cheating that isnt built into the game.

Usual order of punishments

Warning
harsh warning(involving teleporting you infront of me.)
3 paths depending on offence. Some offences will skip the above.
Jailing\Kicking\Banning

Jailing
First jailing is mostly for just 1 second.
next is 2
next is 4
then 8
Each time doubling the time. (yes if you have heard of grains on a checkerboard same idea.)

Kicking.
Boot!....
Jail then BooT!. (so when you come back you get to enjoy the cell)
Your moving on to a ban.
Banning
Your gone....

Basic outline of my punishment system. =)
And no I havent banned anyone yet...

TridentRX is offline Old Post 09-21-2001 09:22 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for TridentRX Click here to Send TridentRX a Private Message Click Here to Email TridentRX Find more posts by TridentRX Add TridentRX to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Mog
TravellerPaladin

quote:
it is allowed for an admin to pk someone

Thats all im sure everyone needed to hear.

I do ask people if they are afk.. either tells, says or zones.

I probably will never invoke a ban, i dont even think i have the power to do so.

And God bless America!

Mog is offline Old Post 09-21-2001 10:26 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Mog Click here to Send Mog a Private Message Click Here to Email Mog Find more posts by Mog Add Mog to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Death Matrix
GoblinRaider

Not what I expected

Okay lemme clear one thing up. Apache, we're cool it wasn't so much you that I'm pissed about. Heck it's not even an admin Pker that i'm pissed about, but I wanted to know that if I was say on my way to Yolanda and all of a sudden I'm dead when nobody is around? Hmmm sounds like a #kill to me. But don't worry I'm not so much pissed about it as I want to know if admin Pking is aloud on the server for future reference. Because any other server that would most likely be abuse. I mean why #kill someone when they aren't doing anything that is even remotly close to interfering with someone else. I have taken care of what needed to be taken care of it's in the past, and pking is part of the game (surprised nobody said that yet), I just sinply wanted to know the server policy on it and the overall server player oppinion on this subject.

GOD BLESS AMERICA!!!!!

Death Matrix is offline Old Post 09-22-2001 01:40 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Death Matrix Click here to Send Death Matrix a Private Message Click Here to Email Death Matrix Find more posts by Death Matrix Add Death Matrix to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Barefaced Storm
GoblinThief

YES, I think that it is. Because they can see what your stats are and find your weakness and plus they can add whatever stats that they want.

[url=www.tribal.htmlplanet.com]My Bran New Sitel[/url]

[url=http://www.ushapki.com]Click here this is where I take HAPKIDO[/url]

Barefaced Storm is offline Old Post 09-22-2001 02:21 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Barefaced Storm Click here to Send Barefaced Storm a Private Message Click Here to Email Barefaced Storm Visit Barefaced Storm's homepage! Find more posts by Barefaced Storm Add Barefaced Storm to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Mog
TravellerPaladin

quote:
Originally posted by Barefaced Storm
YES, I think that it is. Because they can see what your stats are and find your weakness and plus they can add whatever stats that they want.

What the hell do your stats have to do with afking. Admins dont really need to "Fight" the afkers.

Yeah we can add whatever stats we want. We set our stats high so we give the appearance of what we really are.. Ultra powerful.

People. It doesnt matter what you THINK it is. The rules dont give room for "If you think something an admin did is wrong, your probably right and should whine about it on the forums".
Check the rules first. Or even better yet, AFK = A FREE KILL TO ANYONE.

And God bless America!

Mog is offline Old Post 09-22-2001 02:28 AM
bladerunner
MinotaurReaper

quote:
Originally posted by Mog

AFK = A FREE KILL TO ANYONE.

Ahem.. That's 5 words =-]

bladerunner is offline Old Post 09-22-2001 03:10 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for bladerunner Click here to Send bladerunner a Private Message Click Here to Email bladerunner Visit bladerunner's homepage! Find more posts by bladerunner Add bladerunner to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Mog
TravellerPaladin

quote:
Originally posted by bladerunner

Ahem.. That's 5 words =-]

And thats 3.. /\

"AFK = A free kill to anyone"

No where did i mention "Ill put it in five words" ect. You assumed :P

And God bless America!

Mog is offline Old Post 09-22-2001 03:18 AM
Twister
ZombieThrasher

daaammmnnn yall nerds or sumthing... he just posted a poll.. not i want yall to go to war with all you.... speaking of witch why is everyone sooo umm jumpy to start a conflict as such

Remort Level: 10++
Level: who knows
Current Stuff: dumb sloth ate it then lagged out..

Twister is offline Old Post 09-22-2001 03:56 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Twister Click here to Send Twister a Private Message Click Here to Email Twister Find more posts by Twister Add Twister to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Binker
OgreRuffian

Quit being needlers, I've pked many of you AFK, or just for s hit's and giggles. I don't like seeing 5 afk players on a full server. I think people who do that are being rude, and unfair to people who'd actually be playing.

If the game is so boring that you need to go AFK to train, don't play. Simple as that, what's so fun about building a char, that way?

BAH!

It seems to me most strange that men should fear;
Seeing that death, a neccessary end, Will come when it will come
~William Shakespeare.

Binker is offline Old Post 09-22-2001 04:10 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Binker Click here to Send Binker a Private Message Click Here to Email Binker Find more posts by Binker Add Binker to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Mog
TravellerPaladin

quote:
Originally posted by Binker
what's so fun about building a char, that way?

I cant wait till one of them says "Mog i sneezed can you get me a tissue?"

Then shall my wrath truly be upon you.

And God bless America!

Mog is offline Old Post 09-22-2001 05:06 AM
Ungarmax3
GnollShaman

I dont want a conflict in real life or on the game. But conflict will happen to both anyway. so **** happens, so take it when you get it.

Binker & Newbies RPG

Ungarmax3 is offline Old Post 09-22-2001 05:18 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Ungarmax3 Click here to Send Ungarmax3 a Private Message Find more posts by Ungarmax3 Add Ungarmax3 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ungarmax3
GnollShaman

or be behind the fan in the first place. that way you dont get **** all over you.

Binker & Newbies RPG

Ungarmax3 is offline Old Post 09-22-2001 05:24 AM
Ungarmax3
GnollShaman

no, behind, as in next to the one who is throwing the sh*t into the fan.

Binker & Newbies RPG

Ungarmax3 is offline Old Post 09-22-2001 05:29 AM
Ungarmax3
GnollShaman

try caffinated nyquil, it gets trippy.

Binker & Newbies RPG

Ungarmax3 is offline Old Post 09-22-2001 05:37 AM
Ungarmax3
GnollShaman

its already been made, its called dayquil. hehe

Binker & Newbies RPG

Ungarmax3 is offline Old Post 09-22-2001 05:44 AM
bladerunner
MinotaurReaper

Mog, I sneezed can you get me a tissue?

So Toaster, you think it is cheating for me to kill mog the moogle and then mog gets on and kills me with admin char?

Last edited by bladerunner on 09-22-2001 at 02:38 PM

bladerunner is offline Old Post 09-22-2001 05:58 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for bladerunner Click here to Send bladerunner a Private Message Click Here to Email bladerunner Visit bladerunner's homepage! Find more posts by bladerunner Add bladerunner to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Death Matrix
GoblinRaider

At least Twister saw this for what is really was. JUST A POLL!!

GOD BLESS AMERICA!!!!!

Death Matrix is offline Old Post 09-22-2001 06:23 AM
Twister
ZombieThrasher

well i dunno why so many ppl are so grippy for it its just a poll.... has yes and no.. if it just had yes then maybe we would have issues but it does not... and you never made a statement either like some ppl said you did... you just said i thought or think witch in my eyes isnt saying it is admin abuse but it may be or would like to find out if it is.

Remort Level: 10++
Level: who knows
Current Stuff: dumb sloth ate it then lagged out..

Twister is offline Old Post 09-22-2001 03:28 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Twister Click here to Send Twister a Private Message Click Here to Email Twister Find more posts by Twister Add Twister to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote