Profile  Register  Calendar  Memberlist  FAQ  Search Home  
Tribes RPG Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.0.3 Tribes RPG Forums > Server Forums > Binker and Newbie's RPG > Spaceflight comes to Keldrinia
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post New Thread    Post A Reply
DeathMerchant
UberSloth

Spaceflight comes to Keldrinia

As you may have noticed, two nice sized spaceports have been purchased by our upstanding admins, Postal and Trident. Certain people have managed to gain possession of a spaceship, and, for a price, could possibly persuaded to take on passengers or fulfil missions. Some ships may even carry weapons...

Perhaps more details on the stats, purpose, etc, of these will be revealed by Postal or Tri?

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

DeathMerchant is offline Old Post 09-08-2001 04:58 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for DeathMerchant Click here to Send DeathMerchant a Private Message Click Here to Email DeathMerchant Find more posts by DeathMerchant Add DeathMerchant to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
foolish
TravellerMiner

I want this one! But i cant have it!

Attachment: shipicanthave.bmp
This has been downloaded 87 time(s).

foolish is offline Old Post 09-08-2001 05:13 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for foolish Click here to Send foolish a Private Message Click Here to Email foolish Find more posts by foolish Add foolish to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Internet
MinotaurGoliath

all those ships and stuff make me time out when I'm trying to connect... most of the time...

aarg...

------------------------------------------------
Character Status

Server: Binker and Newbie's RPG
Name: Internet
Class: Ranger
RL: 22
Level: 91
Cash: 5.2 million
Storage: Enough stuff to equip an army... Also interested in buying keldrinite for good prices (I will outbid almost anyone.)
Last Updated: 10/28/01
------------------------------------------------

Internet is offline Old Post 09-08-2001 06:43 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Internet Click here to Send Internet a Private Message Find more posts by Internet Add Internet to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Electricdeath

Today was cool. We were unloading cargo for Trident's starport using Internet's ship. I also got a job at Postal's spaceport

Electricdeath is offline Old Post 09-09-2001 02:41 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Electricdeath Click here to Send Electricdeath a Private Message Click Here to Email Electricdeath Find more posts by Electricdeath Add Electricdeath to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DeathMerchant
UberSloth

Im not gonna ask what the job was....Since Tri toldme the only thing he added to the base was beds..

*acts innocent*

Postal told me that space ships either have to be purchased from a previous owner, of from the manufacturer. The only problem with going to the manufac, is that they are out in space, which means you have to hire someone to take you. Im tempted to start dealing spaceships...

Anyone want me to get you a cheap ship capable of flying, weapons, etc? Something with lotsa cargo room, like nets ship, is gonna be much more expensive.

DeathMerchant is offline Old Post 09-09-2001 03:02 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for DeathMerchant Click here to Send DeathMerchant a Private Message Click Here to Email DeathMerchant Find more posts by DeathMerchant Add DeathMerchant to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Electricdeath

Buy me a ship I don't care which kind aslong as its a ship

Electricdeath is offline Old Post 09-09-2001 04:26 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Electricdeath Click here to Send Electricdeath a Private Message Click Here to Email Electricdeath Find more posts by Electricdeath Add Electricdeath to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Toaster
Master of Toast

I want a nice little fighter I can strafe Keldrin Town in.

Or a bomber to carpet bomb Jaten.

Toaster

Read The Newbie Guide!

Toaster is offline Old Post 09-09-2001 08:19 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Toaster Click here to Send Toaster a Private Message Click Here to Email Toaster Visit Toaster's homepage! Find more posts by Toaster Add Toaster to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Postal_Service
UndeadSkeleton

I invented this little game for entertainment of people. As you noticed there are several people on the server that have large amounts of money, and nothing to do with it. This started when I did a little game where one person would be captain of a ship, and they would get to go on missions. This escalated when I made my own spaceport. Now I have sold two ships off my lot, and the thing seems to have started

Here are some details:

Ships have four stats:(The bigger the number, the better)

Speed: How fast your ship goes from place to place.

Armor: Determines your ships basic hull hit points.

Power: Determines how many and what kind of shields you can put on your ship. Also determines what kind of weapons you can equip. For instance, A light turret uses 2 power. A light shielding unit uses 3 power.

Manuv: Manuverability is your ships ability to maneuver through tricky atmospheres. It also increases your chances of dodging a missile.

There are five main manufacturers of ships:

Belen Engineering- The oldest of the five companies, it was around long before the war that brought the federation to power. Its ships are usually fast, have medium armor and power, and have good manuverabiility. These ships are popular among smugglers. Even their older models can be good for smuggling.

Coran Organization: The coran have been long hated by people loyal to the Federation, yet thier ships are still top of the line. They usually are balanced throughout all stats, and are great passenger or cargo ships.

Datalis Shipping: The Datalis shipping ships, are well balanced in most things, except for manuverability, where they usually fall short of the norm. This company has been around for a while and there are plenty of old DS ships just lying around.

Ship Worx- The only non-privetaly owned of all the companies, Ship Worx usually produces freighters. Their ships tend to be very slow, and they have Excellent armor, and good power. They have low manuverability as well.

Freynersys- The company most popular among smugglers and people running from the law. There ships usually have terrible power and armor, but thier speed and manuverability surpasses all other ship designs, making it easy to outrun and out manuver Federation ships.

Other details-

Federation- The federation is the current law making body. They are usually liked by their citizens and are popular for the big business world. These people keep the law and make smuggling a very profitable business.

Coran- The coran are a group of people that are usually war-like. They were against the people for the Federation in the war. They usually are terrorists against free trade and anything supporting the federation.

The Houses- There are several crime families that run things under the Federation's nose. They are the ones that pay the smugglers there are many different houses and most of them are against each other.

Postal- A small private trader, he owns his own spaceport. Charging reasonable rates for people to park thier ships. This spaceport is one of the smaller ones, but he is content to stay small, to keep the Federation's wary eye off of him. He owns two ships.

Trident- A person seeking big business, he has just purchased a 40 million in value production factory. He can produce multiply types of ships.

DeathMerchant- He owns one ship which is parked at Postal's Lot. It is an F-14 model, an incredibly fast and relaible ship. The Valkarie is it's name.

Internet- He owns one ship which is also parked at Postal's. He flys the slow and big Bulwark, a cranky old ship. He has made a couple runs with the ship and has brought in a bit of money.

(More to come later)

Last edited by Postal_Service on 09-09-2001 at 06:59 PM

Postal_Service is offline Old Post 09-09-2001 02:49 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Postal_Service Click here to Send Postal_Service a Private Message Click Here to Email Postal_Service Find more posts by Postal_Service Add Postal_Service to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Electricdeath

_Elec_: Works for Postal at his Spaceport and has done several cargo runs.

Electricdeath is offline Old Post 09-10-2001 02:34 PM
Mog
TravellerPaladin

Hey postal can i start my own ship design company?

I already have a ship in planning and ive gotten a little done on it..

[img]http://www.flagline.com/images/us-flag-flying.jpg[/img]
And God bless America!

Mog is offline Old Post 09-10-2001 08:40 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Mog Click here to Send Mog a Private Message Click Here to Email Mog Find more posts by Mog Add Mog to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Mog
TravellerPaladin

I could even make custom ships, for $$$

Oh yeah, finished my first ship.. High speed, and maneuv, low armor and no cargo space..

And God bless America!

Mog is offline Old Post 09-10-2001 10:04 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Mog Click here to Send Mog a Private Message Click Here to Email Mog Find more posts by Mog Add Mog to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Postal_Service
UndeadSkeleton

You mean you can create 3D models for ships? If you can and we could load them into .dis files it would be great because there would be a greater variety in the amount of ships and stuff. Email me usin the adress in my profile here.

Postal_Service is offline Old Post 09-10-2001 10:04 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Postal_Service Click here to Send Postal_Service a Private Message Click Here to Email Postal_Service Find more posts by Postal_Service Add Postal_Service to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Mog
TravellerPaladin

Just tell me if ya want a ss of it postal.

Told you id have some new wicked sh!t for you to play with :P

And God bless America!

Mog is offline Old Post 09-10-2001 10:08 PM
Electricdeath

If you did that i think all the players wqould have to download a file

Electricdeath is offline Old Post 09-10-2001 11:04 PM
Mog
TravellerPaladin

well if thats a problem its totally optional to play with the ships anyway..

And God bless America!

Mog is offline Old Post 09-10-2001 11:12 PM
Postal_Service
UndeadSkeleton

If we use these new ship designs, it depends on whether or not we include the witch town. Because the witch town will have to be downloaded just like the rest of the stuff, including the ships.

Oh and mog I use one Dis and that is several different types of ships. So the stats varry, cept for cargo room.

Postal_Service is offline Old Post 09-11-2001 12:02 AM
Mog
TravellerPaladin

Ask twister about the .dis's. All i do is design, he converts.

And God bless America!

Mog is offline Old Post 09-11-2001 12:19 AM
Postal_Service
UndeadSkeleton

More spaceflight details.

Time peroid is ever important. There are three different time periods so far that a ship may hail from. There is the Pre-war ships, 1st generation, the ships made during the war, 2nd generation, and the post-war ships, or the 3rd generation. As time goes on there will be 4th generation ships. Currently the 1st generation ships are mostly outdated.

This section also includes the most common question I hear. "How much is a ship?"

The simple answer to that is that it varries. It varries from what type of ship it is, and who you buy it from.

I will include a basic list of ships and their market value, and what generation they hail from.

First Generatoin (Pre-War)

Freynersys-9 $90,000
Speed-9
Armor-1
Power-1
Manuv-16

Freynersys-14 $120,000
Speed-14
Armor-1
Power-2
Manuv-13

Coran Organization-135 $480,000
Speed-7
Armor-4
Power-4
Manuv-6

Ship Worx-90 $455,000
Speed-2
Armor-8
Power-4
Manuv-2

Ship Worx-120 $700,000
Speed-4
Armor-13
Power-6
Manuv-3

Second Generation (War-Period)

Belen Engineering-210 $1,150,000
Speed-10
Armor-5
Power-6
Manuv-8

Belen Egineering-230 $1,800,000
Speed-12
Armor-6
Power-9
Manuv-8

Datalis Shipping-800 $1,650,000
Speed-9
Armor-9
Power-10
Manuv-6

Third Generation (Post-War)

Freynersys-24 $245,000
Speed-16
Armor-1
Power-1
Manuv-13

Coran Organization-550 $2,100,000
Speed-10
Armor-7
Power-11
Manuv-8

Datalis Shipping-890 $2,350,000
Speed-9
Armor-11
Power-11
Manuv-5

These are not all the the ships for each generation, just the ones I have compiled now. Their price tags are on there to so if you want to know how much they cost they are right here. Compare stats. (The bigger the number, the better.)

(More to come later)

Postal_Service is offline Old Post 09-11-2001 12:20 AM
The Über Uber
GnollShaman

This is the ship I want but I know I'll never get it

Attachment: helios2.jpg
This has been downloaded 19 time(s).

The Über Uber is offline Old Post 09-12-2001 12:48 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for The Über Uber Click here to Send The Über Uber a Private Message Click Here to Email The Über Uber Find more posts by The Über Uber Add The Über Uber to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
The Über Uber
GnollShaman

I know.. it's from another game I used to play but unfortunatly too many ppl were cheating... perhaps I should check if they ever came out w/ a patch and a reset yet....
www.netdiaspora.com

The Über Uber is offline Old Post 09-12-2001 12:54 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for The Über Uber Click here to Send The Über Uber a Private Message Click Here to Email The Über Uber Find more posts by The Über Uber Add The Über Uber to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
The Über Uber
GnollShaman

heh.. true, true... it's why I haven't played cs in a long time... only the less-corrupted w/ better game play tfc...

The Über Uber is offline Old Post 09-12-2001 02:16 AM
runtwing
TravellerPaladin

hey postal, I'm working on a space station type thing, if you want it so you can add another spaceport, tell me (elec lied to me, she said you guy's wouldn't allow things that had to be d/led!)

runtwing is offline Old Post 09-12-2001 06:01 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for runtwing Click here to Send runtwing a Private Message Click Here to Email runtwing Find more posts by runtwing Add runtwing to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ZombieMauler

Holy crap I found the SS_Mino the other day and deleted it... did I make a mistake?? and what's with this space stuff this is a Midevil RPG not a Starwars type hehe Postal contact me with more info it sounds pretty cool...

Newbie is offline Old Post 09-13-2001 01:24 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Newbie Click here to Send Newbie a Private Message Click Here to Email Newbie Visit Newbie's homepage! Find more posts by Newbie Add Newbie to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Uberslayer
GnollShaman

Can a Fleet be profitable ?

Would profitsplit with those that can't afford their own ship if the ships can pay for themselves....

Uberslayer is offline Old Post 09-13-2001 11:50 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Uberslayer Click here to Send Uberslayer a Private Message Find more posts by Uberslayer Add Uberslayer to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Postal_Service
UndeadSkeleton

The Federation

The Federation- The law group, the tough cases, the thing that makes the econmy run, these words describe the recent government in the Core section of the galaxy. They make the worlds go round. Using advanced ship designs and the latest in weapondry, they run a tight ring to keep order, at least on the outside.

Dispite their impressive outward appearance, the Federation isn't that well kept and organized. They have sevaral corruptable officers who would easily betray them for a simple dime to thier coffers. Many of thier patrol craft are Ship Worx frieghters outfitted with missile launchers. Fast and manuverable ships fly loops around them without taking a single hit. They put down tight laws on the transfer of the latest weapondry, and also some substances that are not harmful, but they have chosen to control for thier own profit. Simple food spices have been made "illegal" so the Federation can deal in them.

Even though thier inside may be ridden with problems they still are a formidable force. Thier latest technology is fast and has the finest in weapondry. The newest ships, designed by their own technicians, give the greatet chance for surprise, as they house an inimaginable amount of weapondry.

Smugglers run a risky business going around them, yet they make it profitable. If you choose to be a smuggler, expect to get fired upon by them.

Postal_Service is offline Old Post 09-14-2001 12:45 AM
Postal_Service
UndeadSkeleton

The list all you smuggler types (DM...) Have been waiting for

The Houses

There are four major houses that run loops around the federation. They are balanced, and are constantly battling over territory to trade thier illegal goods. They ship weapondry, spices, drugs, slaves, anything that the Federation tries to hold a strict grip on. These guys do thier best to slip through the grip time and time again. The usually are run by one head leader who has a line of successors named should he be assassinated by someone. Usually, though, the Houses don't kill each other's leaders, instead they get killed by thier common enemy: The Federation. The houses usually buy ships from the Five main suppliers and use private shippers as well to deliver cargo. Most of the time they stay hidden, and only deal with contacts. To get in touch with them you need to find someone who has connections.

Here is the list of Houses

House Karuta
Leader: Nix (No other name known)
House Karuta is a major house, and controls a large amount of trade. They don't have a very large private fleet of smuggling ships, so they are they commonly hire people. They are the largest employers of people owning private ships other than major legal shipping industries. Of all the houses this one doesn't try to stay hidden as much. While you still need a connection to get work from them, the connections are easy to find. The Federation considers them the smallest threat and usually overlooks them.

House Marik
Leader: Josepi Marik
House Marik is another major house, and is the largest dealer in one of the most recent hot commodities, slaves. This makes them popular with the Federation, who uses "Servants" to do thier dirty work, and Marik supplies them with "servants." They also deal in Food spices and arms, but they are not the largest dealer in the two. Josepi Marik's name is commonly heard, yet his face is rarely seen. He is rather elusive.

House Ivanni
Leader: The Don (no other name known)
House Ivanni is another major house, lead by the notorious "Don." He runs a tight ring, and keeps only the people that he trusts most around him. He also is a tactical genious. He has single handedly brought House Ivanni close to the top. The house is the leader in weapons dealing, and also has an handle on the other trades. They move goods around selling them at exorbent prices, under the Federation's nose. The Federation has tried many times to assassinate The Don, yet they have failed. This usually ended up in the assassins finding themselves very dead. This the most hated house by the Federation.

House Davion
Leader: Gren Davion
House Davion is the fourth major house. It is the main supplier of illegal drugs. These drugs are harmful most of the time, and that makes them unpopular with high class society. They tend to aim their selling toward younger people getting them hooked on harmful substances, and draining their money. The Federation does a good job trying to halt House Davion's operation, yet no matter how many dealers they arrest, more seem to appear. Davion pays well, but most smugglers prefer to avoid this house.

House Steiner
Leader: Alan Steiner
House Steiner is a lesser house, that has a minor hold on some territory in the core sector. It deals in all the illegalities, doing it's best to push past Davion and move into the ranks of the top houses. Alan Steiner, a logical man, uses his logic to move around things, and is very loose in running his operations.

(More houses to come)

Postal_Service is offline Old Post 09-14-2001 04:25 AM
runtwing
TravellerPaladin

hey postal, I was thinking, how bout you implement mechs too? I'm sure there are some tribes diss' that could make good ones, and I could model some in worldcraft

runtwing is offline Old Post 09-14-2001 02:18 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for runtwing Click here to Send runtwing a Private Message Click Here to Email runtwing Find more posts by runtwing Add runtwing to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Electricdeath

We don't need to get it out of hand.....Remember that this game is still based in the past

Electricdeath is offline Old Post 09-14-2001 02:27 PM
runtwing
TravellerPaladin

blearg...

runtwing is offline Old Post 09-14-2001 03:13 PM
SilverHorse
Banned

Fine.....The people of the future invented time travel and came back to the time of Keldrin. Happy?

SilverHorse is offline Old Post 09-14-2001 03:46 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for SilverHorse Click here to Send SilverHorse a Private Message Click Here to Email SilverHorse Find more posts by SilverHorse Add SilverHorse to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote