Profile  Register  Calendar  Memberlist  FAQ  Search Home  
Tribes RPG Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.0.3 Tribes RPG Forums > Server Forums > Binker and Newbie's RPG > New Modifications
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Mog
TravellerPaladin

New Modifications

As some of you may have heard, i had thought up some ideas for modifications on the server.
This is not final

I have asked the people in the server whether or not they wanted the changes, most said no because the new classes and skills would involve the invalidation of the character files, making everyone start over. I know that would suck for most of you. But some of you made judgements without even knowing what the changes were, simply because you wanted to keep your characters.

I shall divulge some information on this modification now.

4 New classes Which i can add more if wanted/needed.
Shaman: Evil Clerics, Users of arcane dark arts.
(Unnamed Mind Mage): Mental-Mage, Users of telepathic powers.
Axe Master: Powerful Warriors, Learners of the ways of the most brutal of weapons.
Ninja: Deadly Nightstalkers, Stealthy attackers from the easternlands.

3 New skills One per class that uses skills.
Dark Casting: Shamans best attribute, uses necromantic powers to cause pain and effects.
Telepathy: Mind-Mages skill, uses the power of the mind to manipulate enemies and elements around them.
Ninjitsu: Ninja's skill, uses stealth and quick physical to disable and harm enemies.

Axe Master's Quest
Being learned in the ways of the mightiest of weapon, the Axe Master class starts as a Learner, and rises his way up to Grand Master. He does this through the finding of Axe trainers, special men who have learned the most intricate details of wielding the most powerful weapons.
To start off, Axe Masters will be Axe Learners till RL 2. At that time, they journey to find the next highest level of Axe trainer, Which would be the Apprentice Trainer. Upon Obtaining the Apprentice level, your attacks will not take quite as long to pull off.
Upon RL 4, you can find the next trainer, Journeyman.
Upon RL 8, you can find the next trainer, Warlord.
Upon RL 12, You can find the Master Trainer.
Upon Attaining Remort level 16, the GrandMaster's Training is available to you.
Each of the level of trainings has certain abilities granted to it, and up to Master level they build on top of one another. At grandmaster you obtain a special skill.

New Items
Regardless of anything else, these can be put in without anything happening to the characters i believe.
Coffee
Doughnut
Beer
Kupo Nut Juice
Orc's Blood
Postal's Cola
SoK's JuIcE oF pOwEr
Chee's beercheese
Trident_Rx's Firebreather
Newbie's Beerzooka

[img]http://www.flagline.com/images/us-flag-flying.jpg[/img]
And God bless America!

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Mog is offline Old Post 10-01-2001 03:43 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Mog Click here to Send Mog a Private Message Click Here to Email Mog Find more posts by Mog Add Mog to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DeathMerchant
UberSloth

Me wants my char file more than any changes... They want to start a new char on a modded server, tell em to play MR or Yoshis.

New items/quests/spells are a good idea, though.

DeathMerchant is offline Old Post 10-01-2001 04:00 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for DeathMerchant Click here to Send DeathMerchant a Private Message Click Here to Email DeathMerchant Find more posts by DeathMerchant Add DeathMerchant to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bladerunner
MinotaurReaper

Re: New Modifications

quote:
Originally posted by Mog

Kupo Nut Juice

We all know what this is.

I agree Dm.

bladerunner is offline Old Post 10-01-2001 04:01 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for bladerunner Click here to Send bladerunner a Private Message Click Here to Email bladerunner Visit bladerunner's homepage! Find more posts by bladerunner Add bladerunner to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TridentRX
TravellerPaladin

The only thing that would invalidate char files is the new skills. In my opinion we have enough. We can add the items and stuff no problem just not the skills and related. (We may be able to add the skills w/out invalidating files but that will take time and lots of it)

We have enough skills as is anyway.

TridentRX is offline Old Post 10-01-2001 04:22 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for TridentRX Click here to Send TridentRX a Private Message Click Here to Email TridentRX Find more posts by TridentRX Add TridentRX to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Cloud
UndeadNecromancer

erm.....

Basically, your right trident. it would take days to make the proper modifications.

You would have to go through each and every character file, adding the variables for the new skills. then calculating how much skill this person should have in the catagory, including remort modifiers etc.

forget days, try months

Video Being Fixed
Whoever b0rked my sig, don't56k'ers, don't try ^_^ | no more plugin dl!

Cloud is offline Old Post 10-01-2001 05:04 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Cloud Click here to Send Cloud a Private Message Find more posts by Cloud Add Cloud to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Mog
TravellerPaladin

Re: Re: New Modifications

quote:
Originally posted by bladerunner

We all know what this is.

I agree Dm.

You know you want it. You want it so bad

And God bless America!

Mog is offline Old Post 10-01-2001 05:05 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Mog Click here to Send Mog a Private Message Click Here to Email Mog Find more posts by Mog Add Mog to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Mog
TravellerPaladin

Re: erm.....

quote:
Originally posted by Cloud
Basically, your right trident. it would take days to make the proper modifications.

You would have to go through each and every character file, adding the variables for the new skills. then calculating how much skill this person should have in the catagory, including remort modifiers etc.

forget days, try months

Moogle with no life willing to work for mod, Inquire within.
for how much skill the person should have in the category, it would be their base + remort level. Eaaaasy.

And God bless America!

Mog is offline Old Post 10-01-2001 05:05 AM
Mog
TravellerPaladin

quote:
Originally posted by TridentRX
The only thing that would invalidate char files is the new skills. In my opinion we have enough. We can add the items and stuff no problem just not the skills and related. (We may be able to add the skills w/out invalidating files but that will take time and lots of it)

We have enough skills as is anyway.

Could we at least do the Axe Mastery, ie that unused skill?

And God bless America!

Mog is offline Old Post 10-01-2001 05:06 AM
DeathMerchant
UberSloth

Do you know how many char files Newbie has? Something over 2000 last count... If you really want to go through them all, go right ahead...

Gear:twin f14 courier spacecrafts, everything you could possibly want, except badges. Will pay 1.5 mil for exp badge.

Middle Earth, level 5 Admin.

Mystic Demon RPG, level 4 Admin.

DeathMerchant is offline Old Post 10-01-2001 03:07 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for DeathMerchant Click here to Send DeathMerchant a Private Message Click Here to Email DeathMerchant Find more posts by DeathMerchant Add DeathMerchant to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Cloud
UndeadNecromancer

quote:
Originally posted by DeathMerchant
Do you know how many char files Newbie has? Something over 2000 last count... If you really want to go through them all, go right ahead...

Thanks for taking the words right out of my mouth :P

Video Being Fixed
Whoever b0rked my sig, don't56k'ers, don't try ^_^ | no more plugin dl!

Cloud is offline Old Post 10-01-2001 08:00 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Cloud Click here to Send Cloud a Private Message Find more posts by Cloud Add Cloud to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TridentRX
TravellerPaladin

Axe mastery is already under Slashing. I'd rather save that for something new like hand-to-hand/martial arts for instance...

TridentRX is offline Old Post 10-01-2001 08:57 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for TridentRX Click here to Send TridentRX a Private Message Click Here to Email TridentRX Find more posts by TridentRX Add TridentRX to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Vegeta
TravellerMarauder

i think it would be fun as long as i get my char file sent to me...

Remort:2
Class:Paladin - Centur
Storage:More then a food store..
"Its better to burn out then fade away"
"God is a pedestrian on my wall" (i made that up out of nowere once)
"Whats the use of complaining?"
Cya in the RPG servers under the names: Surprentis and Vegeta
Thanks bladerunner for the sig!

Vegeta is offline Old Post 10-01-2001 09:10 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Vegeta Click here to Send Vegeta a Private Message Click Here to Email Vegeta Find more posts by Vegeta Add Vegeta to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Mog
TravellerPaladin

Fine **** it. Hope all you are satisfied.

Negativity here is ****ing insane.

Instead of making suggestions on ways to make the game better, you all just blindly accept it like it is. Your telling me that you dont want new weapons, items, and more stuff to try out?

Fine. I was willing to work on the files, of which 2000 is a HIGH estimate, because 2000 people dont play there.. oh say in a month. There arent even 2000 people on the forums. But you want to shoot it down before it has the chance to develop, fine.

And God bless America!

Mog is offline Old Post 10-01-2001 09:52 PM
bladerunner
MinotaurReaper

We never said we didn't want new items, dungeons. Just not the new skills.

bladerunner is offline Old Post 10-01-2001 10:07 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for bladerunner Click here to Send bladerunner a Private Message Click Here to Email bladerunner Visit bladerunner's homepage! Find more posts by bladerunner Add bladerunner to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TridentRX
TravellerPaladin

Dark Casting:
Telepathy:
Those can fit under Offensive casting...

Ninjitsu: New skill. We have no hand to hand skill..

As I said. We have room to put in ONE skill without any serious problem. Ninjitsu would be that one. All those Items are awsome. A drink system =) I can set up a bar.

Mog another thing. Editing the char files gets you nowhere. Because once that person signs on that char file you changed gets deleted and replaced with the new save hence destroying what you just did.

TridentRX is offline Old Post 10-01-2001 10:13 PM
SilverHorse
Banned

quote:
SoK's JuIcE oF pOwEr

Hell Yeah.

SilverHorse is offline Old Post 10-01-2001 10:15 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for SilverHorse Click here to Send SilverHorse a Private Message Click Here to Email SilverHorse Find more posts by SilverHorse Add SilverHorse to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bladerunner
MinotaurReaper

Re: New Modifications

quote:
Originally posted by Mog

Kupo Nut Juice

SoK's JuIcE oF pOwEr

We know what these two are.

bladerunner is offline Old Post 10-01-2001 10:30 PM
Mog
TravellerPaladin

Re: Re: Re: New Modifications

quote:
Originally posted by Mog

You know you want it. You want it so bad

And God bless America!

Mog is offline Old Post 10-01-2001 10:45 PM
Mog
TravellerPaladin

Ok then, since none of you want it, do whatever.

Anyone know how to teach code?

Do this damn thing myself and test it..

And God bless America!

Mog is offline Old Post 10-01-2001 10:47 PM
SilverHorse
Banned

Mog, THINK POSITIVE DAMNIT.

Your so down now

SilverHorse is offline Old Post 10-01-2001 10:52 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for SilverHorse Click here to Send SilverHorse a Private Message Click Here to Email SilverHorse Find more posts by SilverHorse Add SilverHorse to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TridentRX
TravellerPaladin

Have u listened to me yet mog. All these Ideas are good. They are all doable as well. It just would take time. I can figure a way around the char files getting busted I know I can. I think the version is stored in the char files. IF so I can run a conversion if the versions dont match etc. You will have to be a little patient. I will work on the skills when I get the conversion done so just calm down think positive....

Rethink: If the charfiles were not harmed in any way would you like the above...

TridentRX is offline Old Post 10-01-2001 11:44 PM
Mog
TravellerPaladin

The negativity got to me..

Yeah.. if tri can do his funkyness to the flibbergasters, would you like mah shizzle?

If and when he does *gotta have faith*, suggest some new crap! Really get those creative juices goin. Mmm.. tasty creative juices.. *sucks the last drips of juice out of his brothers brain* mmm.. lacking in any pure vitamins.. but quite tasty.. mmm..

And God bless America!

Mog is offline Old Post 10-02-2001 12:49 AM
bladerunner
MinotaurReaper

Trident what if the skills ere initiated when one remorted?

Eh.. Systar suggested this.

bladerunner is offline Old Post 10-02-2001 01:18 AM
Mog
TravellerPaladin

Hey DM. Remember your "berserker" idea from the Skills system post..

I can do that. Just gimme a few ideas.

Anyone elses suggestions as well, i can sit here and thinks and thinks and thinks till i go bald.

And God bless America!

Mog is offline Old Post 10-02-2001 01:46 AM
runtwing
TravellerPaladin

summons! if you have the right skill, you can #cast summon moogle or something! you could use old uber skins for the moogle, or have someone like lone_pred make a personal one for ya.

runtwing is offline Old Post 10-02-2001 02:01 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for runtwing Click here to Send runtwing a Private Message Click Here to Email runtwing Find more posts by runtwing Add runtwing to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Mog
TravellerPaladin

summoning has already been done by another server. Please try again.

And God bless America!

Mog is offline Old Post 10-02-2001 02:18 AM
SystarX
GoblinRunt

quote:
Originally posted by bladerunner
Trident what if the skills ere initiated when one remorted?

Eh.. Systar suggested this.

What I meant:

When you add new skills, every player will have them listed in the menu, but they'll be (). When that player remorts, they'll be set normally. If a player wants to try a new class, they can just make another char. No char clear is required.

SystarX is offline Old Post 10-02-2001 06:10 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for SystarX Click here to Send SystarX a Private Message Find more posts by SystarX Add SystarX to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ZombieMauler

Ok I skipped the last half of this thread since it was just garbage and the Psionicist (Mind Mage) skill could go in the "Unused" spot and not do a damn bit of harm I would think I'm not sure if I am spelling Psionicist right though.... oh dear i just wet myself....

Newbie is offline Old Post 10-02-2001 01:36 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Newbie Click here to Send Newbie a Private Message Click Here to Email Newbie Visit Newbie's homepage! Find more posts by Newbie Add Newbie to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
runtwing
TravellerPaladin

that sssssseamssssss posssssssible...arag Mr. G-man get away from my computer!
*punch*
ok, you could just go into the class settings and change it without doing harm, so that would work

runtwing is offline Old Post 10-02-2001 02:37 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for runtwing Click here to Send runtwing a Private Message Click Here to Email runtwing Find more posts by runtwing Add runtwing to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Mog
TravellerPaladin

Mhm.. well i have a few problems doing that.
1. They are specialized skills
2. They are Meant for new classes, ie. Mages wouldnt develop their mind skills as much as the mind mage, nor would he dabble as much in the necromantic arts.
Mage is pretty much the basic wizard class.. since there is no other wiz class :P

Psionicist is the new name for the mind mage

Oh yeah, im gonna try to do a SOLDIER class..
Mhmm.. custom god remort name : Sephiroth

And God bless America!

Mog is offline Old Post 10-02-2001 08:59 PM