Profile  Register  Calendar  Memberlist  FAQ  Search Home  
Tribes RPG Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.0.3 Tribes RPG Forums > Server Forums > Binker and Newbie's RPG > I've got Uber Disease!
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Faranim
GoblinRunt

Exclamation I've got Uber Disease!

HELP!
I Joined B&N and I was a level 490 Uber Gohort, with 4 lck, no SP, no money, and a casting blade

Can someone PLEASE fix my account again?

If it is unfixable (which I doubt), something that you could do for me which I would like BETTER, would be to make me a RL2 BARD instead of Ranger....
I woulda chose bard earlier if i knew how TRPG worked, but B&N was my first server, and i cant change my Ranger into a Bard =(

Anyways, I'm HOPING that my auto-remorted, RL1 Gohort will become RL 2, level 82 Woodsman when I log on in a few hours (or after i get a response to this post)

Thanks for reading!

Remort: Two
Level: 80-ish

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Faranim is offline Old Post 10-11-2001 10:06 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Faranim Click here to Send Faranim a Private Message Click Here to Email Faranim Find more posts by Faranim Add Faranim to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SilverHorse
Banned

DAMNIT Thats why I put the server down....

SilverHorse is offline Old Post 10-11-2001 10:08 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for SilverHorse Click here to Send SilverHorse a Private Message Click Here to Email SilverHorse Find more posts by SilverHorse Add SilverHorse to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ZombieMauler

hrm.. I put the server back up this morning... i was under the assumption that Mario and Robilliard were the only ones... i'll restore your char when i get home..

Newbie is offline Old Post 10-12-2001 12:02 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Newbie Click here to Send Newbie a Private Message Click Here to Email Newbie Visit Newbie's homepage! Find more posts by Newbie Add Newbie to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Faranim
GoblinRunt

I was fine when Mario was screwed up (Actually, I was on Faranim2 while Mario was in Uber-Form)
Either I got messed up after Mario, or I got messed up during/after the Reset....
That was the last time I was on (with Mario, doing the underwater mine quest with SoK), so anytime from then till now I could've gotten scrambled...

Out of Curiousity, do you know exactly WHAT is causing these things? like some bug in a script? Or is it just spontaneous, like someone may be hacking peoples accounts?

Faranim is offline Old Post 10-12-2001 01:29 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Faranim Click here to Send Faranim a Private Message Click Here to Email Faranim Find more posts by Faranim Add Faranim to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
runtwing
TravellerPaladin

ohoh I wanna be an uber

runtwing is offline Old Post 10-12-2001 02:40 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for runtwing Click here to Send runtwing a Private Message Click Here to Email runtwing Find more posts by runtwing Add runtwing to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ponts
GoblinThief

i would be very mad that i showed up as a gohort with nothing that must of been a bad day for u faranim.

Ponts is offline Old Post 10-12-2001 02:51 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Ponts Click here to Send Ponts a Private Message Click Here to Email Ponts Find more posts by Ponts Add Ponts to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ZombieMauler

quote:
Originally posted by Faranim
Out of Curiousity, do you know exactly WHAT is causing these things? like some bug in a script? Or is it just spontaneous, like someone may be hacking peoples accounts?

No unfortunatly not... I wish that I knew what was causing it, we did have an incident a few days ago where an Uber got linked with freshly spawning bots/people... GOD was linked with it for quite a while.. and if it took damage it was reflected to him.. mabey it's a bug in the ubers but i'm not sure...

Newbie is offline Old Post 10-12-2001 02:55 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Newbie Click here to Send Newbie a Private Message Click Here to Email Newbie Visit Newbie's homepage! Find more posts by Newbie Add Newbie to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Faranim
GoblinRunt

Im not one to talk, since I know VERY little about the Tribes programming language, but maybe if a person hits the "click here to spawn" button at the same time that an Uber is spawning in Uber Zone, it gets messed up?
Just a guess, since there's not to many other obvious explanations.

Oh, and it has nothing to to with the mimic spell, since I never train any of my casting.

Faranim is offline Old Post 10-12-2001 03:45 AM
Twister
ZombieThrasher

man i wanna look at that code...

Remort Level: 10++
Level: who knows
Current Stuff: dumb sloth ate it then lagged out..

Twister is offline Old Post 10-13-2001 04:29 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Twister Click here to Send Twister a Private Message Click Here to Email Twister Find more posts by Twister Add Twister to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
VorterX
OrcRavager

what code???żżż

money= 5.7mil
storage=everything
armor=all armors even karmor
loadout=tithammer ww dshield
Remortlvl= 5

BOINGY!!!

VorterX is offline Old Post 10-13-2001 04:31 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for VorterX Click here to Send VorterX a Private Message Click Here to Email VorterX Visit VorterX's homepage! Find more posts by VorterX Add VorterX to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Twister
ZombieThrasher

that bug isnt magic you know...

Twister is offline Old Post 10-13-2001 04:32 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Twister Click here to Send Twister a Private Message Click Here to Email Twister Find more posts by Twister Add Twister to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
VorterX
OrcRavager

what code u talkin bout the code for the ****ered up players????

money= 5.7mil
storage=everything
armor=all armors even karmor
loadout=tithammer ww dshield
Remortlvl= 5

BOINGY!!!

VorterX is offline Old Post 10-13-2001 04:34 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for VorterX Click here to Send VorterX a Private Message Click Here to Email VorterX Visit VorterX's homepage! Find more posts by VorterX Add VorterX to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Twister
ZombieThrasher

faranim give us info on what happend to you the time before you played and the time you played when you became a uber... and when you became a uber like right when you joined or something... and if any admins touched you..

Twister is offline Old Post 10-13-2001 07:56 AM
Internet
MinotaurGoliath

quote:
Originally posted by Twister
and when you became a uber like right when you joined or something... and if any admins touched you..
Rape!

------------------------------------------------
Character Status

Server: Binker and Newbie's RPG
Name: Internet
Class: Ranger
RL: 22
Level: 91
Cash: 5.2 million
Storage: Enough stuff to equip an army... Also interested in buying keldrinite for good prices (I will outbid almost anyone.)
Last Updated: 10/28/01
------------------------------------------------

Internet is offline Old Post 10-13-2001 09:13 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Internet Click here to Send Internet a Private Message Find more posts by Internet Add Internet to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SilverHorse
Banned

Twister, They join as Gohorts. Then autoremort.

SilverHorse is offline Old Post 10-13-2001 10:12 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for SilverHorse Click here to Send SilverHorse a Private Message Click Here to Email SilverHorse Find more posts by SilverHorse Add SilverHorse to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Faranim
GoblinRunt

OK, I was playing, Doing a Quest with SOK (it was me, Kakarot, and someone else who i forgot). After the Quest, I was Felled to K-town, put my rewards (some diamonds) into storage, and got out my gear for Uber Zone.

I went to uber zone, and left a few coin packets and TPed inside.
I killed about 2 Sloths when SoK said to save and quit, due to Mario becomming an Uber (I was NOT an uber at the time)
I ran back up Uberzone, back into zone unknown (but still inside uberzone, i was behind the rock wall where people put up tents)
I did a savecharacter, and then quit.

About 2 days later, I found the server back up and I logged in. I was surprised to find myself spawn inside K-town (where new chars spawn), and I BELIVE I saw that message "Welcome to B&N TRPG, please talk to NPC, etc, etc" like u get when u start a new char.[I'm not sure if this happened, memory is fuzzy]

Then I noticed my level, 490!
I hit R, and it zoomed out on me and lo and behold, I was an Uber!
A level 490 UberGohort, with 4lck (amount of lck gohorts have), no SP, No coins, No house, No bounty, and my only item was a Casting Blade (which I was tempted to give to a non-uber character before I left, but i didnt )

After screaming "Oh NO I'm an UBER!!" and walking out of the newbie building, I autoremorted and had 30 SP to spend. I threw some into speech and told everyone that I had autoremorted and that I was gonna post on the forums. Havent been on the server since then.

Faranim is offline Old Post 10-13-2001 12:07 PM
Twister
ZombieThrasher

thanx...

you did go throught the join screen when you came in right??? and where was mario at the time..

how many ppl were on at the time before you were uber and did anything funny happen.. and in that quest did was there anything odd or relivent to the uber ppl... or what did sok do..

Twister is offline Old Post 10-13-2001 03:26 PM
Faranim
GoblinRunt

I don't Remember when I was an Uber...i believe there was 6-7 people on the server.

The Quest was an Underwater Mine quest involving level 200 Goblin Runts with pickaxes, and I got a bunch of diamonds from the runts....
After the quest was done Mario logged in and was an Uber...then I went to Uber (see post above) and logged out in Uber.

I haven't dome anything out of the ordinary, I havent changed any Tribes/config files or anything, I havent installes new hardware or software, or anything of that sort.....It just kind of happened....

The only thing I DID do which MIGHT be a cause is while the server was down I joined other servers and made chars there (using Faranim2 and the same password)

It's Possible that the servers i joined took my password into B&N and somehow hacked me, but I find that un-likely.

Faranim is offline Old Post 10-14-2001 12:45 AM
Kakarotto
OgreDreadnought

I was doing the same quest with Faranim and nothing happened to me

Kakarotto is offline Old Post 10-14-2001 01:07 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Kakarotto Click here to Send Kakarotto a Private Message Click Here to Email Kakarotto Find more posts by Kakarotto Add Kakarotto to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote